Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,772 members, 7,827,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

BREAKING!!! Deputy Senate President: APC Replies Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING!!! Deputy Senate President: APC Replies Kalu (2772 Views)

APC Replies Davido's Father Deji Adeleke's Claim Of Osun Election Being Rigged / APC Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Over Money In Circulation Tweet / APC Replies Davido, Calls Him A "Political Novice" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING!!! Deputy Senate President: APC Replies Kalu by DeLinguaMan: 9:42am On Mar 28, 2019
The All Progressives Congress (APC) on Wednesday said the position of Deputy Senate President in the incoming 9th Assembly was still open.

It also said only the position of the Senate President had been decided, which according to the party, is final.

The National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Lanre Isa-Onilu, made the assertions at a press conference in Abuja.

The party spokesman, who was apparently reacting to the perceived sidelining of some geo-political zones in the distribution of power, said the zoning formula for the remaining positions was still being worked out.

He said, “We have decided who will be the next Senate President according to what democratic principles allow and that person is Senator Ahmed Lawan.

“That has been done and announced, it is left for the party to cross the‘t’s and dot the ‘i’s to get that sorted out. The zoning arrangement for all the other positions is in the works.

“Just as the media and Nigerians have been informed about who our preferred candidate for the Senate Presidency is, we will come out to tell you what the zoning formula will be for the remaining positions in the Senate and also in the House of Representatives very shortly.”

Igbere TV gathered that Isa-Onilu told newsmen the APC had decided to go beyond zoning to identify candidates who were fit for the positions.

In reaching the decision, Igbere TV learnt, the party spokesman said there was nationwide consultation among party leaders.

Igbere TV recalls that a former Governor of Abia and Senator-elect, Abia North Senatorial district, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu had threatened to contest the Senate President position on the floor of the house if the APC sidelines his zone, South-East in the distribution of power.

Kalu, who indicated interest in the Deputy Senate President seat, asked the party to zone the position to the South-East in the interest of equity and justice.

Speaking with newsmen on Wednesday in Lagos, Kalu, Igbere TV learnt, said he was aware that the APC, which had the majority in the Senate, had zoned the Senate President position to the North-East and the Deputy Senate President to the North-West.

He said, “I am a very loyal party man. The party has zoned the Senate presidency position to the North-East and I want to respect the party’s will. But the second position is what we are not going to allow to leave the South-East.

“So, as far as I am concerned, in the South-East, I am going to run openly on the floor of the house for the position of the Deputy Senate President.

“I am not going to listen to the party neither will I listen to anybody. Nobody that wants to be the Deputy Senate President is more loyal than I am to the party.”

Reacting to the position of Dr Kalu on the zoning arrangement, the Chairman, Senate Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Senator Sabi Abdullahi said no APC senator-elect would go against the party on that day.

“I don’t have the idea on what the party is doing on the position of the Deputy Senate Presidency. The party will ensure that a senator from each of the geopolitical zones benefit from the leadership positions, that is, two presiding officers and the four principal officers,” he added.

SOURCE: http://igberetvnews.com/600784/breaking-deputy-senate-president-apc-replies-kalu/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique

Re: BREAKING!!! Deputy Senate President: APC Replies Kalu by jullidee2006: 9:51am On Mar 28, 2019
give it to him
Re: BREAKING!!! Deputy Senate President: APC Replies Kalu by nrexzy: 9:58am On Mar 28, 2019
The slot is open....

I saw that moving coming
Re: BREAKING!!! Deputy Senate President: APC Replies Kalu by hisgrace090: 10:00am On Mar 28, 2019
Good for the gander, also good for the goose!!!

LETS GIVE ROOM TO FARE SHARING.
Re: BREAKING!!! Deputy Senate President: APC Replies Kalu by supereagle(m): 10:13am On Mar 28, 2019
So Ironic...In Nigeria

Bricklayers = N3,500 daily
Carpenter = N3,500 daily
Labourers. = N2,000 daily
Civil Servants = N600 daily.
Our Senators = N433,000 daily ��‍♂��‍♂��‍♂

Who did this to us?
Re: BREAKING!!! Deputy Senate President: APC Replies Kalu by ogbuikechukwu(m): 10:17am On Mar 28, 2019
Apc should be very careful about there over ambition for power so that it cannot elude them,i think they also need PDP,kalu should continue fighting for his right
Re: BREAKING!!! Deputy Senate President: APC Replies Kalu by Lerio(m): 11:10am On Mar 28, 2019
Okay
Re: BREAKING!!! Deputy Senate President: APC Replies Kalu by AmadiAba: 11:44am On Mar 28, 2019
Kalu for DSP isa goal
Re: BREAKING!!! Deputy Senate President: APC Replies Kalu by pek(m): 2:04pm On Mar 28, 2019
ogbuikechukwu:
Apc should be very careful about there over ambition for power so that it cannot elude them,i think they also need PDP,kalu should continue fighting for his right
*their*

(1) (Reply)

The Supreme Court Did Not Nullify APC Votes In Bayelsa Like It Did In Zamfara / Obaseki’s Commission Arrested For Money Laundering By Interpol / What Could Be Going Through The Mind Of Saraki And Sanusi Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.