Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

2011: I Am In The Race, Jonathan Tells Govs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: I Am In The Race, Jonathan Tells Govs (510 Views)

If You Lose The Election, Accept Defeat – Jonathan Tells Tanzanian Politicians / You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders / You’ve No Power To Sack Elected LG Officials, S’court Tells Govs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011: I Am In The Race, Jonathan Tells Govs by Depointer1: 6:26am On Sep 08, 2010
> Declares September 18

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday told governors elected under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that he has made up his mind to contest the 2011 presidential election.

He also told them that his formal public declaration will take place on September 18.

Jonathan made this known at a closed-door meeting with the governors last night in the presidential villa.

According to one of the governors who spoke with LEADERSHIP last night, “President Goodluck Jonathan has formally informed us about his intention to contest the 2011 presidential election and asked for our support. We received the news very well.”

“Some of us have offered to be his coordinators at the zonal levels. We told him most of us have been waiting for the news.”

LEADERSHIP gathered that some of the state governors: Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Ameachi (Rivers), Chief Timipre Sylva (Bayelsa) and others who spoke at the meeting pledged their total support for Jonathan's presidential bid.

The governors were also said to have expressed serious concern about the activities of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in their states and advised the president to call the anti-graft agency to order.

However, Jonathan reportedly told the governors that he was not aware of the current move of the EFCC.

"The president told us he was not aware of what the EFCC was doing. He said that the anti-graft agency was an independent body and he did not interfere with its activities," the governor who doesn't want his name mentioned said.

“Some of us believe him. And we hope the EFCC will do a professional job in its current investigations of the financial dealings of some of my colleagues."

The EFCC had in separate operations raided Kwara and Jigawa states on Monday and arrested local government chairmen, commissioners and other senior government officials, over alleged dirty financial deals.

Some of the governors who attended the meeting included, Alhaji Isa Yuguda (Bauchi), Emmanuel Uduaghan (Delta), Liyel Imoke (Cross River), Babangida Aliyu (Niger) among others.
Re: 2011: I Am In The Race, Jonathan Tells Govs by slap1(m): 6:32am On Sep 08, 2010
The good news is Jonathan will contest, the bad news is he might gag EFCC for the governors' support. . . politics as usual.
Re: 2011: I Am In The Race, Jonathan Tells Govs by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 08, 2010
Before nko? Feed me i feed u
Re: 2011: I Am In The Race, Jonathan Tells Govs by otokx(m): 9:01am On Sep 08, 2010
Scratch my bag, I scratch yours.
Re: 2011: I Am In The Race, Jonathan Tells Govs by desgiezd(m): 9:32am On Sep 08, 2010
Nothing goes for nothing

(1) (Reply)

Ebsu 2010 Supplementry Form/card Now On Sale / Kidnap Threat Against Dokpesi:a Tissue Of Lies / Primaries: Inec Writes Parties On Procedure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.