Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,331 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders (31883 Views)

Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan / Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan / Amaechi Replies Presidency, You Cannot Threaten Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by fun4: 5:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan has said no group can threaten him before he will perform his official duties.
He said it was wrong for any group to issue a threat asking him to rescue Chibok schoolgirls before he could get the support of any person or group for his 2015 presidential ambition.
President Jonathan, who spoke through his Senior Special Assistant to the President, Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, said he was already working on how to rescue the abducted girls.
Okupe, in the statement in Abuja on Tuesday, was responding to a threat by the members of the Northern Elders Forum on Monday, where they issued October deadline for the condition to be met.
The NEF position was made known through two of its members, Solomon Dalung and Dr. Hakeem Baba-Ahmed.
It will be recalled that since three months ago when the more than 200 girls abducted by the members of the dreaded Boko Haram sect have been, eleven of their parents have died.
The northern elders were of the opinion the military can defeat the Boko Haram terrorists – if, indeed, the government wants to subdue the sect.
They said, “We are convinced that most of these conflicts are being engineered to weaken the North politically and economically by interests, which intend to exploit such weaknesses for electoral benefits.
“In the light of our firm conviction that the
insurgency and related security challenges pose threats to the 2015 elections and the survival of our nation, we strongly advise President Goodluck Jonathan to bring an end to the insurgency in all its manifestations and produce the Chibok girls before the end of October, 2014.
“The circumstances under which our fellow citizens in and around Gwoza in Borno State in particular live and die will not be tolerated by any people who have a government and a leader sworn to defend them, and they must be reversed immediately.”
Okupe, while faulting the northern elders, said
“President Jonathan does not require any threat or ultimatum from any group of persons to be alive to his responsibilities to the Nigerian People.”
He added that the issue of insurgency, especially those ideologically based on Islamic extremism was a global phenomenon, which he said required tact, military capability, serious de-radicalisation techniques and community based counter insurgency programmes to ensure success.
In these areas, he said the Federal Government was making progress.
He said the military and other security agencies
were improving on operational capabilities and efficiencies by acquiring more advanced weapons and technologies. Apart from this, he said the government had also
drafted more military personnel to the region to
strengthen its fighting power. Okupe added that the government was equally
taking advantage of the offers from international
military and intelligence allies to assist in identifying
key locations. He said, “We are working with our neighbours to
secure the borders and limit the movements of the
Boko Haram fighters, building on the agreements
reached at the recent summits in Paris and London. “We are deploying more resources to maximize
operational efficiency, acquire more advanced and
relevant weaponry and boost the general morale of
our combatants. This is why the Government
recently requested for an additional funding of $
1bn. “And the last piece in the puzzle is targeting the
domestic and international funding, and stopping
the money flows into the coffers of the terrorists.” On the suggestion that the government was
carrying out plans aimed at scheming to annihilate
any section of the country for political gain, Okupe
said such accusation was “preposterous, contrary
to common sense, divisive and essentially a
deliberate attempt to disseminate ‘hate mentality’ and cause mischief.” He said President Jonathan was voted for by an
overwhelming majority of Nigerians across the
board, and that he will never promote any policy
that is either divisive or inimical to the wellbeing of
any section of the polity.
www.punchng.com/news/you-cant-threaten-me-jonathan-tells-northern-elders/

14 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by cbrass(m): 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2014
They can't threaten you with guns...

But they can with their votesgringrin

64 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by 175(m): 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2014
Exactly my torts! Who d hell are they to issue that clannish ultimatum?

81 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by Forzap: 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
Oga jona tell dem wella....fresh air till 2019 noni tongue grin

68 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by activatenigeria: 5:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
A bunch of individuals seeking for recognition, the Presidency should have responded to them, such people are better off ignored.

33 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by Tunjasko(m): 5:31pm On Aug 12, 2014
We can threaten Nd kick u out with votes
anyway....GEJ till 2015

36 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by dontjealousme: 5:34pm On Aug 12, 2014
We are ready for them. GEJ till 2019!
cbrass: They can't threaten you with guns...

One naijeria know be by force. Similarly, southsouth and southeast can threaten Nigeria with their votes, go figure! grin

68 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by Genes1s: 6:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
yeah sure, they can't threaten u, I promise u that by 2015,u will know whatsup.

24 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by A7(m): 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
This man is retardedly dumb I swear.

22 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by EasternLeopard: 6:12pm On Aug 12, 2014
Northerners and their myopic way of reasoning

They should be happy that they are dealing with the Ijaws

If GEJ was Igbo,

NorthEast would have been levelled

123 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by stebell(m): 6:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
175: Exactly my torts! Who d hell are they to issue that clannish ultimatum?

They are nothing but old foools and also known as supporters of APC

44 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by Nctrice(m): 6:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
these guys could be called anything but calling themselves "Elders" is way off point!

40 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by emmyclassic(m): 6:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
U just got served

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by VICTORCIZA(m): 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2014
BUNCH OF NORTHERN TERRORISTS!!!!
WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU GUYS! INSHA ALLAH IT IS GEJ OR KISS NIGERIA AND OIL BLOCKS GOODBYE!!!
ANYI NA UNU MESIA NKEA UNU AMARAA

75 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by omenka(m): 6:39pm On Aug 12, 2014
Yeah, he finds it necessary responding since they are from the "other side", but doesn't deem it necessary responding to the countless ultimatums issued by the Ultimate Warriors!! gringrin

This our president tho...
Too baaad.

5 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by PointB: 6:40pm On Aug 12, 2014
Point is rescuing the girls from Sambisa forest from these bomb cuddling, blood lusting, dastard butchers could result in massive causality of the kidnapped girls; only a surgical operation when a good opportunity presents itself will suffice. It's not a matter of ultimatums and deadlines!

Now the question is, what have these 'Northern Elders' done to help?

27 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by Forzap: 6:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
Bloody northerners,mtcheeeeew undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by lyntiffany(f): 7:04pm On Aug 12, 2014
PointB: Point is rescuing the girls from Sambisa forest from these bomb cuddling, blood lusting, dastard butchers could result in massive causality of the kidnapped girls; only a surgical operation when a good opportunity presents itself will suffice. It's not a matter of ultimatums and deadlines!

Now the question is, what have these 'Northern Elders' done to help?

Exactly same question I asked ,honestly I believe they can talk to these guys , reason with them and find out what their problem really is or does it mean that they are faceless? They can get information from them, get their video clips and show to the world but they can't get access to them at least to call them back to order.
To be candid it pains me when I remember the ordeal these people are passing through. Well it's non of their business I mean the northern elders because majority of them have their children abroad studying while the ants suffer in their hands. It's just painful, all I can say is that there is God in all we do, cos nobody lives forever.

14 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by Madawaki01(m): 7:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
EasternLeopard: Northerners and their myopic way of reasoning

They should be happy that they are dealing with the Ijaws

If GEJ was Igbo,

NorthEast would have been levelled
u guys like chest beating a lot
beating empty chest since 19BC

43 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
cbrass: They can't threaten you with guns...

the north is not Nigeria..

27 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
now he's beginning to act like a
president..something he should have been doing
years ago....
habemus papam=we now have a president..
gej till forever

16 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
Everybody is issuing threats up and down
The same people that called boko haram freedom fighters and disgruntled ,disenfranchised youths,demanded amnesty for boko haram,denied they were terrorists,issued threats for troops withdrawal in the troubled states , threatened fire for a declaration of state of emergency in the states and accused ihejirika and GEJ of genocide against Muslims and the north are also issuing threats that boko haram siege should end by a certain date.

Does anyone know what these folks really want?

73 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by Dramadiddy(m): 7:12pm On Aug 12, 2014
Meanwhile, learn to play the piano with tutorials on nairaland's official thread
for keyboardists.. Visit now! No knowledge is a waste http://
www.nairaland.com/1814503/thread-keyboardists

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by dontjealousme: 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
Madawaki01:
u guys like chest beating a lot
beating empty chest since 19BC

We like chest beating, but fought a war with the whole country, Egypt, UK, US and Russia included, for three and the half years and still here, still the victors! Dude, i think u are talking about the yorubas.

Ndiigbo are brave-hearts! Wen the time reach!

56 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
activatenigeria: A bunch of individuals seeking for recognition, the Presidency should have responded to them, such people are better off ignored.

Shey
Responding ( in their minds) gives some legitimacy to what they are saying
Just like some irritants one encounters on nairaland,it's hard to ignore the stupidity all the time

3 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by Emmanuex(m): 7:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
Wonder wat GEJ is saying sef... Had it been he z a good leader... He shuld av tackled out boko haram nd rescue those girls... I wonder if he z even doing anytin abt it

3 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
babyosisi: Everybody is issuing threats up and down
The same people that called boko haram freedom fighters and disgruntled ,disenfranchised youths,demanded amnesty for boko haram,denied they were terrorists,issued threats for troops withdrawal in the troubled states , threatened fire for a declaration of state of emergency in the states and accused ihejirika and GEJ of genocide against Muslims and the north are also issuing threats that boko haram siege should end by a certain date.

Does anyone know what these folks really want?

don't mind those kola-nut stained teeth supporters of APC.

19 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by Caseless: 7:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
Gej does not have d balls to face nothern leaders in the eye and spew this flatulence. It was that presidential hireling, dumb okukpe, who's known for doing hatchet job.
I expect counter soft response from gej soon cos he(gej) can't take this risk.

2 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by madamoringo(f): 7:23pm On Aug 12, 2014
dontjealousme:

We like chest beating, but fought a war with the whole country, Egypt, UK, US and Russia included, for three and the half years and still here! Dude, i think u are talking about the yorubas.

Three and a half years? Ibolas and lying! Biafran War, 6 July 1967 – 15 January 1970 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Civil_War) was 2 years, 6 months and 9 days; are you so dumb that you cannot do simple subtraction of dates?

Of that time, Nigeria gave a lot of rest time to Biafra, so that you will come to your senses but not until the master strokes of tactical commanders in Lagos brought biafra down on its knees and begging for amnesty, Ojuks the coward iboela commander had fled and 3 M human pawns had been sacrificed did common sense descend into you Igbos. The rest is history! Iboelas rather than give credit for the Nigerians that gave them amnesty they now say they were defeated by Egypt, UK, Russia, etc? Well that is good, hope you don't come and blame Gowon and Chief Awolowo, Obasanjo, Adekunle, Alabi Isiama, etc for your losses again? Just go to the countries that beat you and are responsible for the loss of the 3 M pawns because you like to shift the goal post whenever it pleased your lying narrative! Iboelas are pwned for life!

41 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by dontjealousme: 7:26pm On Aug 12, 2014
madamoringo:
Three and a half years? Ibolas and lying! Biafran War, 6 July 1967 – 15 January 1970 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Civil_War) was 2 years, 6 months and 9 days; are you so dumb that you cannot do simple subtraction of dates?
Of that time, Nigeria gave a lot of rest time to Biafra, so that you will come to your senses but not until the master strokes of tactical commanders in Lagos brought biafra down on its knees and begging for amnesty, Ojuks the coward iboela commander had fled and 3 M human pawns had been sacrificed did common sense descend into you Igbos. The rest is history! Iboelas rather than give credit for the Nigerians that gave them amnesty they now say they were defeated by Egypt, UK, Russia, etc? Well that is good, hope you don't come and blame Gowon and Chief Awolowo, Obasanjo, Adekunle, Alabi Isiama, etc for your losses again? Just go to the countries that beat you and are responsible for the loss of the 3 M pawns because you like to shift the goal post whenever it pleased your lying narrative! Iboelas are pwned for life!

Mehn shattap! Bottomline, Biafra was victorious.

Calculia: Wars are not won on the count of civilian casualty but military casualty. Biafra suffered heavy civilian loses caused by the blockade equivalent to an international strangulation sanction but Nigeria suffered far more military loses at the hands of Biafra with over half a million Nigeria recorded military death. On that count Biafra was victorious.

46 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
dontjealousme:

We like chest beating, but fought a war with the whole country, Egypt, UK, US and Russia included, for three and the half years and still here, still the victors! Dude, i think u are talking about the yorubas.

LMAO! cheesy cheesy make una helep me o my pipo!

On a serious note, as much as it sounds cruel and inhumane, I still wish Gowon had not paced the war by leaving windows of communication/holding out for settlement but carpet-bombed the entire east, wiping Ibo race into irreversible oblivion we for nor dey hear this bullchit today.

You fought UK, US, Russia and Egypt eh?

28 Likes

Re: You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders by dontjealousme: 7:29pm On Aug 12, 2014
9jacrip:

LMAO! cheesy cheesy make una helep me o my pipo!

On a serious note, as much as it sounds cruel and inhumane, I still wish Gowon had not paced the war by leaving windows of communication/holding out for settlement but carpet-bombed the entire east, wiping Ibo race into irreversible oblivion we for nor dey hear this bullchit today.

You fought UK, US, Russia and Egypt eh

NO DOUBT U ARE AN OFEM.ANU UPSTART! UNTIL U PEOPLE ACTUALLY FIGHT A WAR, I EXPECT U TO SHUT IT. SHHHHHH! lipsrsealed

37 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rhoda Jatau Regains Freedom From Bauchi Prison / Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu / 419 Yahaya's Confluence Rice: Dino Melaye Exposes Yahaya Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.