Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,195 members, 7,811,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? (1997 Views)

Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? / Tips On Buying A Used Mercedes Benz Car - The Pros And Cons / Six Areas To Check Before Buying A Used Vehicle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? by CityNGR: 9:13pm On Mar 28, 2019
Here’s some important rules to go by:

RULE 1
Make sure the car, when you buy it, is clean and WELL KEPT. You are buying the car cheap, but new parts for a used car cost just as much as new parts for a new car. We learned this the hard way: A (not so) little pothole on the freeway cost us $1200 for one wheel.

RULE 2
Check the model year, and compare to the generations on wikipedia. You want a car that was first of its generation, and that will keep the resale value much higher. Just look at the prices for a 2015 and 2016 c class... it’s ridiculous. Also if you are in the latest generation, your used car will look the same as a brand new one. Check out these E classes:

Thats a 2010 and 2009 e class.. the top one is tough to distinguish from a 2016, and the bottom is something you would find dusty in your grandpa’s garage.

SOURCE https://www.quora.com/Is-buying-a-cheap-Mercedes-worth-it

Re: Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? by CityNGR: 9:15pm On Mar 28, 2019
Rule 3:
Do NOT ignore what the car tells you. Don’t miss an oil change, if a part is wrong, fix it. People who think Mercs aren’t reliable are used to driving Hondas around with a check engine light as a permanent fixture. Not an option with these babies, especially for engine problems. Take them in, bite the bullet and just get stuff fixed.

Rule 4:
Expect stuff to break. Hopefully little stuff, but put aside some cash when you buy the car. I don’t agree with the expression I’ve seen plenty of places on the web, where they say “if you can’t afford a new Mercedes, you can’t afford a used one,” but their point is not to be ignored. Just know a couple pricey repairs will be needed, and even regular services can be expensive.

If you keep these in mind, you can drive a beautiful, well built machine for a bargain. I have managed to drive around a 2007 Mercedes diesel SUV that has bluetooth, Harmon-Kardon audio, and leather everything for 13k, and maybe 1.5k in repairs over the last 2 years. Still a whole lot of car for not a whole lot of $$.

NOTE Mercedes could serve you longer than any other car manufacturer, its all about the quality, you wont find the quality of mercedes in a Lexus. Even if a cheap mercedes is an expensive lexus its still worth it. Its history proves that
https://www.quora.com/Is-buying-a-cheap-Mercedes-worth-it

2 Likes

Re: Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? by antagonist: 9:24pm On Mar 28, 2019
another senseless thread by a Benz or nothing clown

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? by CityNGR: 9:25pm On Mar 28, 2019
cheesy
even Hitler rode a Mercedes

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? by CityNGR: 9:36pm On Mar 28, 2019
Do NOT be scared to own a Merc

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? by legalwealth(m): 10:43pm On Mar 28, 2019
antagonist:
another senseless thread by a Benz or nothing clown

grin grin grin

"If I no buy benz wetin I gain" gang; the hype is just starting to be very irritating and becoming an eyesore especially with what young guys are now doing to own benz.

There is nothing actually bad in using benz but I believe it should be at the right and appropriate time that its maintenance and whatever won't be big deal.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? by CityNGR: 10:57pm On Mar 28, 2019
you that could not afford a poor man's benz the lexus making mouth here?

no low-balling no pay small small, no hire-purchase here go find calculusx or lanreg95 for your next san diedie

legalwealth:

grin grin grin

"If I no buy benz wetin I gain" gang; the hype is just starting to be very irritating and becoming an eyesore especially with what young guys are now doing to own benz.

There is nothing actually bad in using benz but I believe it should be at the right and appropriate time that its maintenance and whatever won't be big deal.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? by johnnyandy7(m): 11:16pm On Mar 28, 2019
CityNGR:
Here’s some important rules to go by:

RULE 2
Check the model year, and compare to the generations on wikipedia. You want a car that was first of its generation, and that will keep the resale value much higher. Just look at the prices for a 2015 and 2016 c class... it’s ridiculous. Also if you are in the latest generation, your used car will look the same as a brand new one. Check out these E classes:

Thats a 2010 and 2009 e class.. the top one is tough to distinguish from a 2016, and the bottom is something you would find dusty in your grandpa’s garage.

SOURCE https://www.quora.com/Is-buying-a-cheap-Mercedes-worth-it

This is wise. Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? by sacx: 11:23pm On Mar 28, 2019
CityNGR:
you that could not afford a poor man's benz the lexus making mouth here?

no low-balling no pay small small, no hire-purchase here go find calculusx or lanreg95 for your next san diedie

Is it worth getting a used C240 valued at 1 million?
Re: Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? by CityNGR: 11:24pm On Mar 28, 2019
sacx:

Is it worth getting a used C240 valued at 1 million?
toks or 9ja used?

toks 1.5 -1.8 million

9ja starts from 750k for a clean version
Re: Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? by sacx: 11:36pm On Mar 28, 2019
CityNGR:

toks or 9ja used?

toks 1.5 -1.8 million

I meant naija used but still in pristine condition. But 750k looks small na. Does that mean that car is in same class as Camry pencil light?
Re: Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? by legalwealth(m): 12:13am On Mar 29, 2019
CityNGR:

toks or 9ja used?

toks 1.5 -1.8 million

You could still reply him thus with those figures without thinking deep or better still, ignore to hide your face from shame? SMH! !!

Hypocrisy is a deadly disease; I pray you get cured/delivered before it gets too late.

If you must quote me, please do with common sense and not with same hypocrisy-eaten brain. Thanks
Re: Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? by calculusx(m): 1:22am On Mar 29, 2019
MB; Built for Tough

Re: Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? by CityNGR: 4:27am On Mar 29, 2019
sacx:

I meant naija used but still in pristine condition. But 750k looks small na. Does that mean that car is in same class as Camry pencil light?
Drive the two. Starts from....
Re: Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? by CityNGR: 4:28am On Mar 29, 2019
calculusx:
MB; Built for Tough
Tuale
Re: Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? by CityNGR: 4:29am On Mar 29, 2019
legalwealth:

You could still reply him thus with those figures without thinking deep or better still, ignore to hide your face from shame? SMH! !!

Hypocrisy is a deadly disease; I pray you get cured/delivered before it gets too late.

If you must quote me, please do with common sense and not with same hypocrisy-eaten brain. Thanks
Mo mo e daradara even physically. Maa advice e...so ewe agbeje mowo.
Re: Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? by dannybrasky(m): 7:18am On Mar 29, 2019
A rich man's beard is a million miles smoother and fresher than that of a poor man! grin As the beard of a poor man
is shattered like the sparks from a blown transformer grin

A rich man who can afford a Benz couple with its maintenance won't lay a single complain about expensive parts. But the poor man who wants to do I pass my neighbor's by owning a Benz will definitely scream bloody murder when its time to walk the walk.

Rich man dey talk poor man say him get idea grin

If your salary is 50k a month, and u were giving a free apartment in maitama or asokoro paying for electricity bill ,water and others would eat deep into your 50k.
Wont u rather go live in mararaba nyanya and be comfy?

Not every one can afford a Benz,not everyone can afford first class flight,not every one can afford a Samsung or iPhone. No be to come here come dey say Benz ain't reliable. THAT ONE NA POOR MAN TALK ABEG.

Poor man go tell u say him 1999 Honda is faster and much more reliable than a Benz 2019 Benz grin

No blame am o,na the poverty wey dey inside am dey talk grin

CityNGR:
Do NOT be scared to own a Merc

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? by legalwealth(m): 8:47am On Mar 29, 2019
CityNGR:

Mo mo e daradara even physically. Maa advice e...so ewe agbeje mowo.

SMH! !!

Radarada ni iwo ati awon ara tabi egbe e n baka; e maa baayi lo be! !!

I have dished out the fact and what could be useful to the wise ones and not hypocrites which even got shared by whoever you wish to know if you check the red line in the screenshot below. Thanks

Re: Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? by diportivo: 9:30am On Mar 29, 2019
massive stroke is loading for someone again as usual grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? by legalwealth(m): 2:06pm On Mar 29, 2019
diportivo:
massive stroke is loading for someone again as usual grin grin grin

Di pot hole grin grin grin; I dey always gbadun your extraordinary foolishness everytime.

How your side? Plus you are welcome! !!
Re: Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? by CityNGR: 3:15pm On Mar 29, 2019
legalwealth:

SMH! !!

Radarada ni iwo ati awon ara tabi egbe e n baka; e maa baayi lo be! !!

I have dished out the fact and what could be useful to the wise ones and not hypocrites which even got shared by whoever you wish to know if you check the red line in the screenshot below. Thanks

Omo ale paraku ni e. Ooniwa rara. Dajudaju eru ni Iran e. I have been observing you talk like the child of a slave definitely you are an impostor. And as a genuine royalty which I am... I will not engage in exchange of words with you. Nah!! I will rather treat you like the slave you are.
Re: Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? by diportivo: 3:16pm On Mar 29, 2019
legalwealth:

Di pot hole grin grin grin; I dey always gbadun your extraordinary foolishness everytime.

How your side? Plus you are welcome! !!

I no mention ur royal name oga

why ur conscience dey prick u?

as usual,view ur starter pack and pray for common sense

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Cheap Mercedes Worth It? by legalwealth(m): 3:25pm On Mar 29, 2019
grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Help 2010 IS 350 / Any Ladipo Parts Dealer Here? Need Parts For Mercedes / EOD Gear Won't Select On Motion And Reverse Makes Noice And Won't Engage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.