Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,156 members, 7,835,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 (46372 Views)

Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf / The World's Ten Best Airports For 2019 / 5 Best Airports In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by babeosisi: 1:51am On Mar 30, 2019
Giant of Africa lost the G and I long ago and is now ant of Africa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by Kusherman: 2:01am On Mar 30, 2019
Timekeeper:
This is what my brothers developas from the yeast have caused to Nigeria.... They have spoil our name and deny us of best international airport... If Nigeria is only Yoruba, we would have been number 1.. We are good people... Yoruba we maintain things and make sure it runs well unlike our yeast developaa

You've been jumping from thread to thread with your tribalistic rubbish.
A quarter of 2019 is almost gone, when will you have sense eh?

2 Likes

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by dreyton(m): 2:34am On Mar 30, 2019
Timekeeper:

C'mon Pained fellow..... Ntoor
lol ntoor, waste of sperm
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by Emmalog: 3:00am On Mar 30, 2019
tstx:
Only four African airports are ranked among the World’s Best Airport in 2019, according to UK-based international air transport rating agency, Skytrax.

Skytrax announced the winner of its annual World Airport Awards on Wednesday at the Passenger Terminal Expo in London, England.

The UK-based international air transport rating agency gave Singapore’s Changi Airport the top prize for the seventh consecutive year. This marks another clean sweep for the Southeast Asian city-state, as Changi Airport-based Singapore Airlines is the current Skytrax airline of the year.

Once again, Asia dominated the top of end of the rankings, taking the top six spots. European airports also performed well taking, seven of the top 15 spots. No airports from North America, South America, Australia, or Africa made it into the top 15.

Only four African airports are ranked among the World’s Best Airport in 2019, according to UK-based international air transport rating agency, Skytrax.

The airports are Cape Town airport, Durban airport, Johannesburg airport in South Africa and Mauritius airport.

Here’s a closer look at the other airports that made it to the top of the prestigious Skytrax list:

4. Mauritius SSR International Airport, Mauritius
World Ranking: 94

3. Johannesburg International Airport, Johannesburg
World Ranking: 33

2. Durban International Airport, South Africa
World Ranking: 29

1. Cape Town Airport, South Africa
World rank: 22

The World’s Top 10 Airports of 2019
1. Singapore Changi Airport
2. Tokyo Haneda International Airport
3. Incheon International Airport
4. Hamad International Airport
5. Hong Kong International Airport
6. Chubu Centrair International Airport
7. Munich Airport
8. London Heathrow Airport
9. Narita International Airport
10. Zurich Airport

Source: https://listwand.com/best-airport-africa-2019/
Nigeria will never be great until the Yorubas and hausas start seeing other tribes as there brothers. tribalism has killed Nigeria. even small Ghana is now far ahead of us.all federal projects must either start from the north or from the south west as if others areas are not part of Nigeria and we call ourselves brothers. show me any meaningful federal project done in the south south or south east and tell me if Nigeria is really one as we claim

3 Likes

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by moshino(m): 3:00am On Mar 30, 2019
Harrymig1:
Where's MMIA on the list?
They are talking about Airports, not Keke bus stops.
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by xreal: 3:14am On Mar 30, 2019
We will not accept this ranking.

South Africa alone has 3 votes airports on that list and Nigeria has nothing?

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by Makaveli888: 3:35am On Mar 30, 2019
Timekeeper:
This is what my brothers developas from the yeast have caused to Nigeria.... They have spoil our name and deny us of best international airport... If Nigeria is only Yoruba, we would have been number 1.. We are good people... Yoruba we maintain things and make sure it runs well unlike our yeast developaa

What is these one saying?
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by Darevofpeace(m): 3:50am On Mar 30, 2019
Harrymig1:
Where's MMIA on the list?
Do you mean the MMIA called Missing Murtala International Airport?
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by justman911(m): 3:55am On Mar 30, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Hian, for saying God didn’t give Nigeria sense to manage her resources, I will send your details to Buhari and you will be arrested in the next 24hours grin, kidding with you though, @topic, I can't agree with you less.

l read an article yesterday about the UAE, the Sovereign wealth fund of ABU DAHBI alone is 875 billion dollars and that of Nigeria is 2.15 billion dollars, Nigeria is about 200 million in population the UAE is about 9.5 million, local citizens is about 1.5 million while foreign expat is around 8 million.

Nigeria, the UAE and several GCC countries all have oil and gas, one is smart/ intelligent with pragmatic, visionary and caring leaders while the other one has a burukutu / Suya / cow rearing president ruling the country with 14th century brain and the results is what you see all over the country = the headquarters of poverty in the world shocked

Check out Norway and be shocked to your bones.

3 Likes

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by Topmaike007(m): 3:57am On Mar 30, 2019
dreyton:
mtcheeew those ones that cannot afford a air freshener undecided
lolz cheesy

1 Like

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by 9jaRealist: 5:50am On Mar 30, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Hian, for saying God didn’t give Nigeria sense to manage her resources, I will send your details to Buhari and you will be arrested in the next 24hours grin, kidding with you though, @topic, I can't agree with you less.

l read an article yesterday about the UAE, the Sovereign wealth fund of ABU DAHBI alone is 875 billion dollars and that of Nigeria is 2.15 billion dollars, Nigeria is about 200 million in population the UAE is about 9.5 million, local citizens is about 1.5 million while foreign expat is around 8 million.

Nigeria, the UAE and several GCC countries all have oil and gas, one is smart/ intelligent with pragmatic, visionary and caring leaders while the other one has a burukutu / Suya / cow rearing president ruling the country with 14th century brain and the results is what you see all over the country = the headquarters of poverty in the world shocked

But when Obasanjo was fighting the Govs to establish the Sovereign Wealth Fund, weren’t most Nigerians backing the greedy Governors? shocked

Even the Excess Crude Account that Obasanjo established as a stabilization fund (or rainy day savings), and which had as much as $22 billion, hasn’t that been subsequently raided and depleted by Jonathan, Buhari and the Governors to the extent that it currently has just about $183 million this week (shockingly down from $631 million just recently in December 2018). Granted that we have a Constitution that generally promotes rent-seeking, but even the constitutional stipulation that all income accruing to the Federation Account belongs to the three tiers of government (federal, state and local governments), it does NOT require nor mandate that such revenue be spent immediately without savings!

2 Likes

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by Lentilize: 6:06am On Mar 30, 2019
GodLackSense:

SINGAPORE IS SECURITY TIGHT IN TERMS OF YAHOO YAHOO,
I was only kidding: I don't indulge in that nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by 9jaRealist: 6:08am On Mar 30, 2019
good4all40:
My brother it saddens me tremendously that with all the mountainous natural resources we have in this country, we are still at this stage. As recently as1990 Dubai was hugely a desert area but look at the mighty transformation Dubai and the whole of UAE experienced during this short period of time, that is what is called practical Transformation. I am presently in Singapore and since l have been here l have not experienced a light out not for one second let alone a minute, they don't interrupt electricity here at all if you are a Nigerian like me, you might not get used to it very quickly.

Singapore is a city state, there are only three city states in the world the other two being Monaco and Vatican City, Singapore is extremely beautiful, modern and entirely urban in fact its a paradise on earth and City in a Garden.

Singapore is among the top 5 richest countries in the world by GDP. Imagine the whole country looking like Maitama or Banana Island that is Singapore for you, Singapore is one of the most expensive cities in the World to me personally l will rate Hong-Kong over Singapore any day that place is way expensive.

Someone will argue that it is because of the size of the country that's why it is easy for the Quick transformation, though Singapore is the number 20th on the list of the smallest counties in the world. The vision of their first Prime Minister LKY was so strong that if Singapore were bigger than this he will transform it even if he takes him 50 years to do, and if he can not continue due to death, other leaders will continue. did you know the reason while the Changi Airport in Singapore has been maintaining the number 1 spot for 7 years consecutively, it is because they don't stop to make the airport looks great every year, Singapore is one of the safest countries in the world, you can walk on the streets 3am here without any fear of being killed or harrased.

Not making excuses for Nigeria’s mostly inept leadership, but...

Singapore and the GCC countries were aided by two basic elements we didn’t/won’t (and should not want to) have: (1) a largely ethnically-homogeneous population (with the GCC countries entirely Arabic and Singapore with about an 80% ethnic Chinese population); and (2) they have largely been developed under dictatorial and/or autocratic leadership (and you can add South Korea to list, with a basically ethnically homogeneous population and developed under the iron fist of General Park).

In Nigeria, we have reportedly over 200+ ethnic groups fighting with each other, and if you dare to even suggest demolishing crumbling buildings on Lagos Islands, slums that pockmark our urban cities, illegal markets or mechanic workshops along the streets or underneath high-tension power lines, you had better be ready for armed combat or endless court injunctions. We have to accept that our chaos is the price we pay for our relative freedom, while the Ruler of Dubai can simply decree that he suddenly wants to build a canal down the middle of the city and all land require thereto is simply ceded to the state.

3 Likes

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by 9jaRealist: 6:12am On Mar 30, 2019
MrLankeeee:
If Nigeria was a human being and you tell him he will be great again guess what he will say "abeg comot hear nor dey put lie for my head"

Unfortunately, Nigerians are the worst thing about Nigeria... grin
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by mayo47(m): 6:56am On Mar 30, 2019
tstx:

Skytrax announced the winner of its annual World Airport Awards on Wednesday at the Passenger Terminal Expo in London, England.

The UK-based international air transport rating agency gave Singapore’s Changi Airport the top prize for the seventh consecutive year. This marks another clean sweep for the Southeast Asian city-state, as Changi Airport-based Singapore Airlines is the current Skytrax airline of the year.

Once again, Asia dominated the top of end of the rankings, taking the top six spots. European airports also performed well taking, seven of the top 15 spots. No airports from North America, South America, Australia, or Africa made it into the top 15.

The airports are Cape Town airport, Durban airport, Johannesburg airport in South Africa and Mauritius airport.

Here’s a closer look at the other airports that made it to the top of the prestigious Skytrax list:

4. Mauritius SSR International Airport, Mauritius
World Ranking: 94

3. Johannesburg International Airport, Johannesburg
World Ranking: 33

2. Durban International Airport, South Africa
World Ranking: 29

1. Cape Town Airport, South Africa
World rank: 22

The World’s Top 10 Airports of 2019
1. Singapore Changi Airport
2. Tokyo Haneda International Airport
3. Incheon International Airport
4. Hamad International Airport
5. Hong Kong International Airport
6. Chubu Centrair International Airport
7. Munich Airport
8. London Heathrow Airport
9. Narita International Airport
10. Zurich Airport

Source: https://listwand.com/best-airport-africa-2019/

3 airports from South Africa.....later some funny individuals will Nigeria "Giant of Africa"

NB:Its not population that drives economic growth/prosperity

2 Likes

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by excel101(m): 7:03am On Mar 30, 2019
Nigeria and South Africa are just in same continent but they are no mates.
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by Timekeeper: 7:03am On Mar 30, 2019
Kusherman:

You've been jumping from thread to thread with your tribalistic rubbish. A quarter of 2019 is almost gone, when will you have sense eh?
After you
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by good4all40: 7:13am On Mar 30, 2019
9jaRealist:

Not making excuses for Nigeria’s mostly inept leadership, but...

Singapore and the GCC countries were aided by two basic elements we didn’t/won’t (and should not want to) have: (1) a largely ethnically-homogeneous population (with the GCC countries entirely Arabic and Singapore with about an 80% ethnic Chinese population); and (2) they have largely been developed under dictatorial and/or autocratic leadership (and you can add South Korea to list, with a basically ethnically homogeneous population and developed under the iron fist of General Park).

In Nigeria, we have reportedly over 200+ ethnic groups fighting with each other, and if you dare to even suggest demolishing crumbling buildings on Lagos Islands, slums that pockmark our urban cities, illegal markets or mechanic workshops along the streets or underneath high-tension power lines, you had better be ready for armed combat or endless court injunctions. We have to accept that our chaos is the price we pay for our relative freedom, while the Ruler of Dubai can simply decree that he suddenly wants to build a canal down the middle of the city and all land require thereto is simply ceded to the state.

I don't totally agree with you on this, every ethnic group in Nigeria deserves and wants 24/7 electricity let our government start from there, every ethnic group wants good health care, Education, jobs creation and better infrastructure l am done in giving excuses for the mighty failure of our governments. I remember during the Era of Fashola as the governor of Lagos State, many houses were demolished for road constructions and better infrastructures, if our government are truly determined to transform the country they can do so without being an autocrat or a dictator they are just so useless to us. Imagine still talking about electricity since 1960. No one should give excuse for this failed government they don't deserve it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by 9jaRealist: 7:31am On Mar 30, 2019
good4all40:

I don't totally agree with you on this, every ethnic group in Nigeria deserves and wants 24/7 electricity let our government start from there, every ethnic group wants good health care, Education, jobs creation and better infrastructure l am done in giving excuses for the mighty failure of our governments. I remember during the Era of Fashola as the governor of Lagos State, many houses were demolished for road constructions and better infrastructures, if our government are truly determined to transform the country they can do so without being an autocrat or a dictator they are just so useless to us. Imagine still talking about electricity since 1960. No one should give excuse for this failed government they don't deserve it.

Purely political concepts that are designed to placate Nigeria’s often adverse 200+ ethnicities, such as federal character and distribution of offices/amenities among the different geo-political zones, among others, means that personnel, economic, healthcare, education, infrastructural, industry, jobs and so many other decisions in Nigeria are not necessarily based strictly on the merits. Even here on Nairaland, issues can hardly (if ever) be discussed and/or evaluated strictly on the merits without it degenerating into a heated ethnic feud.
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by AngelicBeing: 7:36am On Mar 30, 2019
good4all40:

You took the words of my mouth, whether you are ibibio, hausa, Fulani, kanuri, yoruba, ijaw, urobho, igbo, itshekiri etc from North to south, East to West of Nigeria, they all crave for the basic necessities of life and the basic infrastructures from the Federal government which is Security of lives and properties, good roads, power, fix this 3 items and see the spiral effects it will have in terms of economic development across Nigeria but you have a government still battling with the basics of governance to her citizens, any government that fails to provide the basic necessities for her citizens is a useless, dead and a failed state, Nigeria fits into that category and I think it is beyond redemption grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by good4all40: 7:47am On Mar 30, 2019
9jaRealist:

Purely political concepts that are designed to placate Nigeria’s often adverse 200+ ethnicities, such as federal character and distribution of offices/amenities among the different geo-political zones, among others, means that personnel, economic, healthcare, education, infrastructural, industry, jobs and so many other decisions in Nigeria are not necessarily based strictly on the merits. Even here on Nairaland, issues can hardly (if ever) be discussed and/or evaluated strictly on the merits without it degenerating into a heated ethnic feud.

Sincerely l don't understand the point you are trying to make here are you telling me the giant failure of our government is attributed to this? There are many Ethnic groups in Ghana and all other African nation still they are moving forward base on the resources they have.
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by Foodwellsaid(f): 7:49am On Mar 30, 2019
Hehe so what where you expecting � � �
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by laudate: 7:51am On Mar 30, 2019
good4all40:
MM1 ke, we are talking about Airports you are asking where is MM1? MM1 is like a car park when compared to the Airports listed above, is like comparing Magadishu or Bujumbura to Washington DC especially that of Singapore, oh my God that Airport is out of this world, imagine an Airport with a Cinema and flour garden you will be wowed by it, you should visit if you can. And their Airline is rated as number one in the world as well. Those guys want to be top at everything lol and they have the fastest internet in the world as well.
You mentioned the cinema and garden, but you forgot to include the fact that there is a beautiful waterfall, right inside the arrival hall of Changi airport in Singapore. That airport is beautiful, and efficiently run. cool

1 Like

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by good4all40: 7:52am On Mar 30, 2019
laudate:

You forgot to include the fact that there is a beautiful waterfall,right inside the arrival hall of Changi airport in Singapore. That airport is beautiful, and efficiently run.

Yes it is highly breathtaking
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by MrLankeeee(m): 8:04am On Mar 30, 2019
9jaRealist:

Unfortunately, Nigerians are the worst thing about Nigeria... grin

Na the way the country make us be ooo. Imagine 1 month without electricity nobody even get clue 4 waiting happen to the light. So NIGERIA will be great again? LIES from the pit of Hell.

2 Likes

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by Joshuawobo(m): 8:11am On Mar 30, 2019
And almost all are in South Africa...
God pls help Nigeria
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by UncleJudax(m): 8:12am On Mar 30, 2019
good4all40:
MM1 ke, we are talking about Airports you are asking where is MM1? MM1 is like a car park when compared to the Airports listed above, is like comparing Magadishu or Bujumbura to Washington DC especially that of Singapore, oh my God that Airport is out of this world, imagine an Airport with a Cinema and flour garden you will be wowed by it, you should visit if you can. And their Airline is rated as number one in the world as well. Those guys want to be top at everything lol and they have the fastest internet in the world as well.
They have a concerned government.
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by 9jaRealist: 8:17am On Mar 30, 2019
MrLankeeee:
Na the way the country make us be ooo. Imagine 1 month without electricity nobody even get clue 4 waiting happen to the light. So NIGERIA will be great again? LIES from the pit of Hell.

grin grin grin
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by iLegendd(m): 8:23am On Mar 30, 2019
good4all40:
What are you doing in SG? I lived there for some years. It's a great place. Lots of great attractions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Corpse Of Sunday Ajayi, Anambra FRSC Commander Who Died In Accident / Before And After Pictures Of Ebute-Metta Train Station / Bride-to-be & Her Fiance Die In Auto Crash Enroute To Lagos From PH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.