Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,980 members, 7,838,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

9th NASS: APC May Regret Imposing Lawan As Senate President – Group - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9th NASS: APC May Regret Imposing Lawan As Senate President – Group (17225 Views)

10th NASS: APC Plotting Arrest Of Lawmakers-elect Over Leadership Tussle, PDP / Orji Uzor Kalu In Tears As 9th NASS Bows Out / 9th NASS: APC Chiefs In Game Of Wits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9th NASS: APC May Regret Imposing Lawan As Senate President – Group by Iko5000: 12:35pm On Mar 29, 2019
The speaker cannot be a MP or a member of a party .you can check the current speaker bercrow. Also check uk history a minority party has formed a govt . Iall they need to do is set up a workin govt with other minority parties. ote author=adanny01 post=77088628]

How is that possible when the speaker is elected among the MPs.

It is his oath at swearing in that forces him to drop all party affiliations.

UK is an advanced democracy unlike ours that even the loopholes in the constitution cannot be blocked.[/quote]
Re: 9th NASS: APC May Regret Imposing Lawan As Senate President – Group by adanny01(m): 12:42pm On Mar 29, 2019
Iko5000:
The speaker cannot be a MP or a member of a party .you can check the current speaker bercrow. Also check uk history a minority party has formed a govt . Iall they need to do is set up a workin govt with other minority parties.

Re: 9th NASS: APC May Regret Imposing Lawan As Senate President – Group by dirtycoin(m): 12:49pm On Mar 29, 2019
Ndume and his likes will fraustrate APC.
Re: 9th NASS: APC May Regret Imposing Lawan As Senate President – Group by ikrumalemonday(m): 12:57pm On Mar 29, 2019
Ahmad Lawan will end up losing the position mark my word.

1 Like

Re: 9th NASS: APC May Regret Imposing Lawan As Senate President – Group by Kfed4ril(m): 1:09pm On Mar 29, 2019
adanny01:

What do you think will happen if APC does not have a consensus candidate? Say 3 people are vying, with APC in that position any consensus by PDP will win.

If you were APC what will you do?

How is it PDP fault?
Did the PDP cause the internal crisis in APC?
And Lawan is not a consensus candidate but an imposed candidate, learn the difference.
Re: 9th NASS: APC May Regret Imposing Lawan As Senate President – Group by Kfed4ril(m): 1:17pm On Mar 29, 2019
adanny01:

Did you tell Obj this?

APC supporters are all hypocrites, yes obj did, but does that mean buhari should do same? I thought we were a growing democracy, so why should we keep repeating same things of old?

APC I thought you guys rode on change mantra, that you wanted to change the way things were done in the old, so why still using the old as yardstick?
Re: 9th NASS: APC May Regret Imposing Lawan As Senate President – Group by UncletC: 1:25pm On Mar 29, 2019
l won't be surprise if PDP eventually produce the Senate President
Re: 9th NASS: APC May Regret Imposing Lawan As Senate President – Group by parizzz: 1:41pm On Mar 29, 2019
lordimmaogidi:
APC is a death Party!!!
DEAD
Re: 9th NASS: APC May Regret Imposing Lawan As Senate President – Group by starstaz(m): 3:44pm On Mar 29, 2019
Thrashers!

Useless talki talking

1) APC is right and am with them albeit not 100%

2) Choosing Lawan and Gbaja: Both whom are the Majority leader of the houses when the ruling party is under a minority leadership in a majority house: is another step in the right direction. Both men show loyalty and good communicators to engineer the vision of Buhari in the house.

3) How do u compensate a loyal party member other than to raise them to the next level.

4) How come Madam pelosi who was the minority leader under Trump ascendancy becomes the speaker immediately the Democrat gains upper hand in Mid terms election. Never to forget she was the speaker under Mr Obama.
While not argue that the house should look away from her. Rubbish thought from 419 Publicists.

5) Finally, Its up to APC to prove us right or wrong if these two men : Gbaja and Lawan : Failed to articulately engineer Nigerian political economic policy in the efficient manner that will provide succour to all and sundry. So that we don't heap similar blames on Saraki and Dogara style of leadership that was a cog wheel in the developmental plan of APC. 2023 beckons fast.

419 Publicists allow APC to do their house the way it suits them. Foolish.
Re: 9th NASS: APC May Regret Imposing Lawan As Senate President – Group by Basic123: 5:20pm On Mar 29, 2019
adanny01:

Those who are against APC's position are the exact people that want APC to fail.

The idea is that APC should well ahead of time put their heads together for 1person unlike last time that consensus wasn't there so Saraki exploited the situation.

Now, there is a consensus but no, they dont want it. Who if i may ask doesnt want a consensus, only a person who wants APC to fail.

I dont blame the PDP, or its supporters, i blame Buhari. How many Senate Presidents did PDP or Obj change between 1999-2007? Where were these people when PDP did all that. The senate president was in the pocket of the PDP.

Buhari has tried for democracy but no PDP wont have it. PDP is hell bent on making sure Buhari doesnot give Nigerians good leadership so that their hope of looting will be kept alive.

Who does it benefit if APC has no consensus, lets call a spade a spade.

If Ali Ndume or any disgruntled APC senator does anything contrary to the consensus, its just greed and another attempt to cause 4 years of war between the executive and legislative. This only benefits the rejected PDP.
I don't know why some APC members are so selfish and love themselves more than the party.The same party that gave you the platform to contest

And in Nigeria,once a politician couldn't find his way,they will be blaming Tinubu.

I have never seen Tinubu complaining or wailing over a politician in Nigeria.That is why he is great.

HE IS AT THE CENTER STAGE OF NIGERIAN POLITICS.YOU ARE EITHER AGAINST HIM OR FOR HIM!

2 Likes

Re: 9th NASS: APC May Regret Imposing Lawan As Senate President – Group by adanny01(m): 6:27pm On Mar 29, 2019
Kfed4ril:

APC supporters are all hypocrites, yes obj did, but does that mean buhari should do same? I thought we were a growing democracy, so why should we keep repeating same things of old?

APC I thought you guys rode on change mantra, that you wanted to change the way things were done in the old, so why still using the old as yardstick?

And why are PDP supporters so insultive.

First off all, did you appreciate Buhari for allowing NASS choose their leaders in 2015.

He did that but they turn to bite him.

How that becomes hypocritical?

If the Nigerian democracy is growing, why do PDP castigate him so much? You castigate him and capitalize on his benevolence to create chaos for him.

1 Like

Re: 9th NASS: APC May Regret Imposing Lawan As Senate President – Group by adanny01(m): 7:25pm On Mar 29, 2019
Kfed4ril:

How is it PDP fault?
Did the PDP cause the internal crisis in APC?
And Lawan is not a consensus candidate but an imposed candidate, learn the difference.

Do you think in Nigeria, there is any consensus candidate? Whether APC or PDP, there are only imposed candidates vs disgruntled candidates.

Greed is the main factor.
Re: 9th NASS: APC May Regret Imposing Lawan As Senate President – Group by Sinner1(m): 7:42pm On Mar 29, 2019
We will not take it
Re: 9th NASS: APC May Regret Imposing Lawan As Senate President – Group by Kfed4ril(m): 12:42am On Mar 30, 2019
adanny01:

Do you think in Nigeria, there is any consensus candidate? Whether APC or PDP, there are only imposed candidates vs disgruntled candidates.

Greed is the main factor.

So how is the internal crisis in APC PDP’s fault?
Re: 9th NASS: APC May Regret Imposing Lawan As Senate President – Group by Kfed4ril(m): 12:45am On Mar 30, 2019
adanny01:

And why are PDP supporters so insultive.

First off all, did you appreciate Buhari for allowing NASS choose their leaders in 2015.

He did that but they turn to bite him.

How that becomes hypocritical?

If the Nigerian democracy is growing, why do PDP castigate him so much? You castigate him and capitalize on his benevolence to create chaos for him.

My problem is that you APC people don’t like Nigeria, you rather it burns just for you to achieve your selfish desire, but will still come pretending to us that you love the country.
Re: 9th NASS: APC May Regret Imposing Lawan As Senate President – Group by starstaz(m): 2:01pm On Mar 30, 2019
adanny01:

Those who are against APC's position are the exact people that want APC to fail.

The idea is that APC should well ahead of time put their heads together for 1person unlike last time that consensus wasn't there so Saraki exploited the situation.

Now, there is a consensus but no, they dont want it. Who if i may ask doesnt want a consensus, only a person who wants APC to fail.

I dont blame the PDP, or its supporters, i blame Buhari. How many Senate Presidents did PDP or Obj change between 1999-2007? Where were these people when PDP did all that. The senate president was in the pocket of the PDP.

Buhari has tried for democracy but no PDP wont have it. PDP is hell bent on making sure Buhari doesnot give Nigerians good leadership so that their hope of looting will be kept alive.

Who does it benefit if APC has no consensus, lets call a spade a spade.

If Ali Ndume or any disgruntled APC senator does anything contrary to the consensus, its just greed and another attempt to cause 4 years of war between the executive and legislative. This only benefits the rejected PDP.

Good talk. well marshalled points.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NBA Conference: Atiku Clarifies Comment On Federal Universities / US Warship Leaves For Nigeria Today - Tribune / Al-qaeda Abducts German Engineer Edgar Fritz Raupach In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.