Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

How To Become A Pilot? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Become A Pilot? (63092 Views)

My Child Wants Me To Resign From The Bank To Become A Pilot / Will I Be Trained As A Pilot If I Join The Airforce With A Bsc In Psycology / Pilot Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Become A Pilot? by bayogeorge(m): 6:48pm On Oct 17, 2012
Mafious: Una fit come our school oooh in Denton, TX  www.usaviationacademy.com we have four private and four Airforce guys here with more to come
the koko be say the school get under G runs I think, but I'm not sure so don't hold me to it but them dey give
people with their admission letter Visa well well only say some guys no dey show up

how do i get to apply?
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by bayogeorge(m): 10:02am On Oct 22, 2012
please anybody with the right information about pilot or aviation school in US with low tuition or in SA
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by nmohan1980: 10:30am On Oct 22, 2012
bayo george: please anybody with the right information about pilot or aviation school in US with low tuition or in SA

Please visit learnnfly dot com to get an free ebook on Pilot training...

Thanks,

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Pilot? by dreamxml(m): 6:06pm On Nov 11, 2012
@Everyone...
Not sure if this is the rite thread to post this.
I wanna know if there are any Pilot students presently in US/Canada from Nigeria or the UK.
I currently reside in the UK and looking at relocating to Canada for my Professional Pilot Training.
I am certain a study permit is required init?
Would appreciate if someone points me in the rite direction.
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by Morhakon47(m): 8:21pm On Jan 09, 2013
Digiman:

The Standard Pilot course (SP) (PPL, CPL, IR, ME), does not not include ATPL, you can do your ATPL after a few years if you do not have the money to do it straight after you obtain your CPL.
The CPL is enough to get you into the flight deck as a first officer/co-pilot.

I listed the courses individually because it appears the Aviation college allows the courses do be done individually, this may be to your advantage especially if you do not have the funds to go for the packaged ab-initio courses. My advice will be do to the PPL, IR, ME and hopefuly before your CPL you will find and airline to sponsor you, if you are still struggling to find sponsorship i'd suggest try getting a job part time maybe working at the college or an airfield and save up for your CPL and also do an Instructors course, once qualified as a Flight instructor you may be able to get a job with the college or elsewhere this will not only enable you to start earning money it will also enable you to build up your flying hours which will come in handy when to apply for a job as an airline pilot.

Please, I just found this trend and I'm so glad I did. I have a whole lot of questions to ask but I'm gonna start from this. If one does the PPL and get the license, can he get a job in the aviation industry so as to enable him start saving for subsequent programs and develop his knowledge in the industry. Or what program can u advice that one take to at least get a job in the industry and prepare him for the career? Thanks so much.
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by kayssie(m): 11:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
Guys how do I get/secure admission into an aviation school. In USA,Australia. Or South Africa........4 the CPL,IR,MER,etc......the tuition is not a problem lemme c the admission 1st....any1 with useful info pls contact me on 08164920121 or Email:kaycee2k9@yahoo.com
Bb pin:29454245
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by Adelekepmark: 11:38pm On Nov 05, 2013
ALL WOT U NEED IS 2 GO 2 NIGERAI COLLEGE OF AVIATION TECHNOLOGY ZARIA IN KADUNA STATE IS D BEST AVIATION SKULL IN NIGERIA. & DIS IS DEA WEB-SITE (WWW.NCAT.GOV.NG) MAY GOD LET U BCOM A PILOT AS ME 2 WHAT 2 BCOM IT IN FUTURE. ALL WOT U NEED IS 2 GO 2 NIGERAI COLLEGE OF AVIATION TECHNOLOGY ZARIA IN KADUNA STATE IS D BEST AVIATION SKULL IN NIGERIA. & DIS IS DEA WEB-SITE (WWW.NCAT.GOV.NG) MAY GOD LET U BCOM A PILOT AS ME 2 WHAT 2 BCOM IT IN FUTURE. ALL WOT U NEED IS 2 GO 2 NIGERAI COLLEGE OF AVIATION TECHNOLOGY ZARIA IN KADUNA STATE IS D BEST AVIATION SKULL IN NIGERIA. & DIS IS DEA WEB-SITE (WWW.NCAT.GOV.NG) MAY GOD LET U BCOM A PILOT AS ME 2 WHAT 2 BCOM IT IN FUTURE.
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by Daniel2802(m): 5:36pm On Sep 13, 2014
Where are all the pilots here
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by Nobody: 1:50am On Jan 28, 2015
Daniel2802:
Where are all the pilots here
I'm wondering the exact same thing. Please show yourselves, or is this trend expired?
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by Daniel2802(m): 5:07pm On Jan 28, 2015
sleek98:

I'm wondering the exact same thing. Please show yourselves, or is this trend expired?
Am an aspiring pilot. I can't seem to trace any of this thread members.
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by OfficialIYANU(m): 10:52am On Jun 01, 2015
RDV:
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

its very nice to see so much interest and constructive advice about becoming a pilot, here on nairaland. I hope that I can help those of you seriously seeking information.

I too was like many of you once, seeking all the info I could find on my dream career. I was lucky enough to have colleagues with the same dreams in secondary school, and we all got together and exchanged any info we had, and encouraged and supported each other. Not everybody made it, for one reason or another, but most of us now occupy what we call "the office in the sky".

It is not an impossible dream for anyone, regardless of your finances, gender, academic ability, tribe, etc. With dedication, determination and hard work, it IS possible. Listen to any positive advice you get here, and ignore the negative and sarcastic.

I am now a Captain with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, but sadly I did not do any of my training in Nigeria. I have friends that did, so I know a little about the training there. If you are looking for info on the steps and alternatives possible, I might be able to help.

Post your questions here, and I will try and reply as quickly as possible.

Captain are you still here?
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by mayorall(m): 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
RDV:
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

its very nice to see so much interest and constructive advice about becoming a pilot, here on nairaland. I hope that I can help those of you seriously seeking information.

I too was like many of you once, seeking all the info I could find on my dream career. I was lucky enough to have colleagues with the same dreams in secondary school, and we all got together and exchanged any info we had, and encouraged and supported each other. Not everybody made it, for one reason or another, but most of us now occupy what we call "the office in the sky".

It is not an impossible dream for anyone, regardless of your finances, gender, academic ability, tribe, etc. With dedication, determination and hard work, it IS possible. Listen to any positive advice you get here, and ignore the negative and sarcastic.

I am now a Captain with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, but sadly I did not do any of my training in Nigeria. I have friends that did, so I know a little about the training there. If you are looking for info on the steps and alternatives possible, I might be able to help.

Post your questions here, and I will try and reply as quickly as possible.

Still here?.

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Pilot? by Daniel2802(m): 11:52am On Aug 22, 2015
This is a very important and useful thread, it's sad that the posters aren't here again.
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by mayorall(m): 8:10am On Aug 28, 2015
Daniel2802:
This is a very important and useful thread, it's sad that the posters aren't here again.

Seriously . Also remember the profession is time consuming. Found one piloting school. Aerosim in Florida. From scratch to cpl is $96,000. About 20million naira. Have better option?.
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by Daniel2802(m): 7:57pm On Aug 28, 2015
mayorall:

Seriously . Also remember the profession is time consuming. Found one piloting school. Aerosim in Florida. From scratch to cpl is $96,000. About 20million naira. Have better option?.

Yea research on South African flying school.
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by petengine(m): 7:17am On Aug 29, 2015
I will appreciate if this thread is active once more. sure a beautiful thread for aviators aspirants
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by mayorall(m): 7:50am On Aug 29, 2015
Daniel2802:

Yea research on South African flying school.

Result please. But don't really love SA cos I want a world recognised certificate
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by kolomax(m): 8:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
mayorall:

Result please. But don't really love SA cos I want a world recognised certificate
hello mayor can you help me get a good laptop power bank if yes price so I can send you the money
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by Daniel2802(m): 12:05pm On Sep 06, 2015
mayorall:

In SA you can do all the courses for like 7 million.
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by mayorall(m): 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
Daniel2802:
In SA you can do all the courses for like 7 million.

Ppl, cpl, instructor, multiple engine or just to cpl only?. please name of the school.
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by Daniel2802(m): 1:11pm On Sep 06, 2015
mayorall:

Ppl, cpl, instructor, multiple engine or just to cpl only?. please name of the school.
the PPL,CPL,IR,ME i.e. all of them. Can't remember the name of the school, I researched on it and wrote it on a piece of paper. I will look for the paper for you.
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by Daniel2802(m): 10:09pm On Sep 08, 2015
mayorall:

Research on 43 air school,Flight Training College George,
Aptrac Aviation, Johannesburg School of Flying.
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by mayorall(m): 11:05pm On Sep 08, 2015
Daniel2802:
Research on 43 air school,Flight Training College George, Aptrac Aviation, Johannesburg School of Flying.

Thanks
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by mkmyers45(m): 3:45pm On Sep 15, 2015
Bump
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by okikiosibodu(m): 9:26pm On Mar 07, 2016
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by petengine(m): 11:33am On Mar 12, 2016
In Choosing to Become an Airline Pilot, What Are Your Most Important Reasons?
See some reasons here - Most pilots will never admit reason #11
www.ansacareers.com/become-commercial-pilot/
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by Daniel2802(m): 2:36pm On Mar 20, 2016
This thread needs to be re-awaken. It will surely help a lot of people as it had done in the past.

CC Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by TommyGhost: 4:54am On Aug 27, 2016
Hi Everyone, I am 23 years old and have Bsc computer science. It has always been a childhood dream to train after O’ levels to become a pilot but was faced with financial constraints as my parents couldn't afford it at the time hence the reason i had to get a first degree while i sourced for financial support to get me though flying school. Gracefully, i have been able to gather enough funds and have decided to chase my dream of becoming a pilot so currently looking to apply to a school in Canada. Pilots in the house, i would appreciate any advice i can get. Thanks.
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by fuckpro: 8:17am On Aug 27, 2016
TommyGhost:
Hi Everyone, I am 23 years old and have Bsc computer science. It has always been a childhood dream to train after O’ levels to become a pilot but was faced with financial constraints as my parents couldn't afford it at the time hence the reason i had to get a first degree while i sourced for financial support to get me though flying school. Gracefully, i have been able to gather enough funds and have decided to chase my dream of becoming a pilot so currently looking to apply to a school in Canada. Pilots in the house, i would appreciate any advice i can get. Thanks.
with today's exchange rates how much will it cost you
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 27, 2016
TommyGhost:
if you have 7.5m naira, go to NCAT in Zaria and then get your type rating. Flying school is all about money. Bro, make sure you have your money first before enrolling. Cc Boeing777pilot
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by fuckpro: 8:38am On Aug 27, 2016
20132014:
if you have 7.5m naira, go to NCAT in Zaria and then get your type rating. Flying school is all about money. Bro, make sure you have your money first before enrolling. Cc Boeing777

are you a pilot
Re: How To Become A Pilot? by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 27, 2016
fuckpro:
are you a pilot
No

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Auwalu Salisu, Tricycle Rider Returns ₦18 Million To Passenger In Kano / Nigerian Lady In The US Army Confused Her Colleague With Pidgin English / ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.