Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Pwc Or Deloitte - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pwc Or Deloitte (63267 Views)

See What PWC, KPMG, Nigerian Breweries, And Deloitte Pays. / What Is The Entry Level Salary For Accenture, Kpmg Pwc And Awd / Which Offer Should I Accept? Kpmg Or Pwc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pwc Or Deloitte by OneONYX: 3:27pm On May 10, 2009
House please help. I have a job offer each from PWC and Deloitte (associate positions) and I'm kinda confused.
Your posts will help a lot.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by seunallday: 5:37pm On May 11, 2009
mehn, im so happy for u, congrats , il advice u to go for pwc, cos, 1. they pay better, 2. its a bigger plus on ur cv, anytin deloitte has to offer u, i tink PWC can do much more, and deloitte entry level is less dan 1.2m
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tkb417(m): 10:36am On May 12, 2009
pwC of course!!
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by olayinka7(f): 12:35pm On May 20, 2009
hey,i beg u plenty,run straight to pwc,they dont only pay well,they also promote on a yearly basis.best of luck, pls let me know if therte is an opening anytime soon,i mean the next recruitment exercise. thanks a dollion
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by funkybaby(f): 1:34pm On May 20, 2009
pwc
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 26, 2009
I worked in Deloitte, pls go to PWC for the following reasons

PWC is better recognised in "Nigeria" than Deloitte.
Deloitte's promotion is largely based on ICAN qualification while PWC's is on performance at least before u become a manager.
A lot of my ex-colleagues who left Deloitte for PWC never regretted doing that.
I my years in Deloitte, I only saw people cross from AWD to PWC and never the other way except for a Director from PWC who became a partner in AWD.

Empirical evidence shows that PWC is beta although truth be told a lot of restructuring is going on now in AWD by the Deloitte oyinbos just so as to catch up with KPMG and PWC.

Wish u the best in yr career. On a final note how u work and what u learn is more important than where u av worked.

1 Like

Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by Bigtee(m): 12:11pm On Jun 08, 2009
Well for me, I will say go to DELOITTE.
Yes the pay in PWC is more, but at entry level pay should not be your main motivating factor.
Thirst for knowledge should be your drive.
DELOITTE is recognized INTERNATIONALLY. these other people at "shallow" minded, thinking about now only what they will eat.
With DELOITTE on your CV believe me you can go anywhere.
DELOITTE also emphasis on learning, risk management and mentorship (not necessarily in Nigeria) but you can liaise with colleagues all over the world and they WILL respond.

The choice is yours MONEY (red pill) or KNOWLEDGE (blue bill) pick your choice.

1 Like

Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by otuwe(f): 12:28pm On Jun 11, 2009
what of PWC and KPMG

WHICH ONE IS BETTER??

Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tos(m): 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2009
otuwe:

what of PWC and KPMG

WHICH ONE IS BETTER??

I think KPMG is better in term of pay but I prefer the working condition of PWC. You will have to make sacrifices like giving up your weekends, especially if you are in audit at KPMG. Tax and BRS are a bit better. Though its not entirely a bed of roses too at PWC but they are very flexible.

I've worked in both places and that's my personal experience.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 12, 2009
@ bigtee

If i wozzzzzzzzz u,deloitte who?

@ poster run to PWC.Bigtee is just been sentimental, he understands what i mean.
Cheers
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by otuwe(f): 2:34pm On Jun 12, 2009
tos:

I think KPMG is better in term of pay but I prefer the working condition of PWC. You will have to make sacrifices like giving up your weekends, especially if you are in audit at KPMG. Tax and BRS are a bit better. Though its not entirely a bed of roses too at PWC but they are very flexible.

please we need to talk better outside this forum,
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tkb417(m): 2:45pm On Jun 12, 2009

i dont know what ure talking about but i know in pwC you work on weekends too.
when its nearing the year end of the banks, u can be rest assured u'll work on sundays too till midnite
kpmg and pwC are same in terms of working conditions

in pay, yeah kpmg is better
overall, i prefer kpmg by a billion miles
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by otuwe(f): 2:56pm On Jun 12, 2009
whats kpmg pay like, can it be compared to banks
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tkb417(m): 3:05pm On Jun 12, 2009
maybe First Bank and Union but not the other banks
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by otuwe(f): 3:43pm On Jun 12, 2009
is it all units that work on weekends or only audit

and what does 'tos' mean by tax and BRS?
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by rolorolo: 10:28am On Jun 19, 2009
PWC or DELOITTE

I would advise you go for PWC of course. If only I had my ways I would opt for PWC without giving it a second thought.

Training is a personal thing don't be deceived that Deloitte does it better than PWC.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by dayokanu(m): 4:58am On Jun 21, 2009
Yes the pay in PWC is more, but at entry level pay should not be your main motivating factor.
DELOITTE is recognized INTERNATIONALLY. these other people at "shallow" minded, thinking about now only what they will eat.
DELOITTE also emphasis on learning, risk management and mentorship (not necessarily in Nigeria) but you can liaise with colleagues all over the world and they WILL respond.

What exactly do you mean by this? Definitely Not true
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 24, 2009
@ dayo please tell him ohhhhh!!!!!

delloitte whaaaaaaaaaaat?? wink wink grin grin
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tkb417(m): 12:59pm On Jun 24, 2009
What exactly do you mean by this? Definitely Not true
tht boi is a liar
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tos(m): 3:54pm On Jun 24, 2009
tkb417:

i dont know what ure talking about but i know in pwC you work on weekends too.
when its nearing the year end of the banks, u can be rest assured u'll work on sundays too till midnite
kpmg and pwC are same in terms of working conditions

in pay, yeah kpmg is better
overall, i prefer kpmg by a billion miles

Pls read my post very well before making your comment. I never said you dont work on weekend at PWC but they are more flexible. Only audit guys are expected to work on weekends and this will depend on the deadline agreed with clients for the completion of audit engagements. Other divisions dont compel their staff to do that. PWC allows their staff to work from home occassionally.

I dont think you are in a better position to say which one is better between the two. I have worked with both firms and I know the one I prefer when it comes to working condition. Concerning pay, you cannot compare the pay of entry level staff at PWC or KPMG to those of UBN or FBN like you stated in your post. That is very misleading. As at 2006, entry level staff at KPMG (ICAN path) were earning N2.1M and those not in ICAN path were earning N2.3M. So tell me how you can compare that to what FBN and UBN pay their staff?
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tos(m): 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2009
otuwe:

is it all units that work on weekends or only audit

and what does 'tos' mean by tax and BRS?

Sorry about this. BRS was formerlly Business Regulatory Services. This is made up of only lawyers. I understand it's been merged with Tax now. The other one I wanted to mention was BAS (Buisness Adviory Services). You dont need to be an accountant or on ICAN path to be here. As at 2008, their pay at entry level was about N300K more than what entry level staff (on ICAN path) in other divisions receive.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by gravity: 4:21pm On Jun 24, 2009
pwc!!!!!!!!!pwc!!!!!!!!pwc!!!!!!!!! i once worked there and i can tell u without any doubt that its a lovely place to be.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by gravity: 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2009
Bigtee:

your comment shows u dont really know much about the industry. PwC is the biggest among the "big four" . So what u r saying is absolute trash.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tkb417(m): 5:56pm On Jun 24, 2009
Pls read my post very well before making your comment.  I never said you dont work on weekend at PWC but they are more flexible.  Only audit guys are expected to work on weekends and this will depend on the deadline agreed with clients for the completion of audit engagements.  Other divisions dont compel their staff to do that.  PWC allows their staff to work from home occassionally.

I dont think you are in a better position to say which one is better between the two.  I have worked with both firms and I know the one I prefer when it comes to working condition.  Concerning pay, you cannot compare the pay of entry level staff at PWC or KPMG to those of UBN or FBN like you stated in your post.  That is very misleading.    As at 2006, entry level staff at KPMG (ICAN path) were earning N2.1M and those not in ICAN path were earning N2.3M.  So tell me how you can compare that to  what FBN and UBN pay their staff?
ol boi relax

i dont have time for too much talk. Youre not the only one who worked in the coys in question. A lotta guys have passed thru those coys and i can be categorical that u may need to re-check ur 'facts'

in terms of pay, just like i said, the entry level of the coys can be compared to the banks i mentioned.
The entry level pay for those in Audit in KPMG is less than 2.1million but greater than 2.0 million as at today 24-june-2009 so what are you on about?
check ur facts pls
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tos(m): 10:07am On Jun 25, 2009
tkb417:

ol boi relax

i dont have time for too much talk. Youre not the only one who worked in the coys in question. A lotta guys have passed thru those coys and i can be categorical that u may need to re-check ur 'facts'

in terms of pay, just like i said, the entry level of the coys can be compared to the banks i mentioned.
The entry level pay for those in Audit in KPMG is less than 2.1million but greater than 2.0 million as at today 24-june-2009 so what are you on about?
check ur facts pls

I'm beginning not to understand the logic behind your argument. I said if you are on ICAN track, you pay should be about N2.1M (as at effective October 2006). I'm sure they'll be earning more at present as they increase salary every year. If you dont need ICAN in your line of work, then N2.5M is salary (The N300K differential is used to cover the cost of ICAN for those on ICAN path).

First Bank as at 2006 was paying less than N1.2M to entry level staff. So how can you compare that to KPMG's salary?
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tkb417(m): 12:38pm On Jun 25, 2009
I'm beginning not to understand the logic behind your argument.  I said if you are on ICAN track, you pay should be about N2.1M (as at effective October 2006).  I'm sure they'll be earning more at present as they increase salary every year.  If you dont need ICAN in your line of work, then N2.5M is salary (The N300K differential is used to cover the cost of ICAN for those on ICAN path).

First Bank as at 2006 was paying less than N1.2M to entry level staff.  So how can you compare that to KPMG's salary?
and if you read well, i have told you my facts are based on 2009 figures.
the banks in question will match KPMGs pay as at today. (entry level)
FYI, the difference in pay betwen those on ICAN track and those that are not is about 30,000 after all deductions
You can check.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by otuwe(f): 3:39pm On Jun 25, 2009
hi Tkb417 and tos

i have another question, i dont mean to sound stupid or dumb but what exactly is the take home pay (monthly) for KPMG,

i dont usually believe in all these 2.1m and all that (judging from where i am coming from) whats on paper is usually way higher than what you actually take home at the end of the day

pls can any of u clarify (cos i can see that the two of u are OBVIOUSLY former staff, of KPMG at one time or the other)
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by Sagamite(m): 6:15pm On Jun 25, 2009
Bigtee:

And PwC is not internationally recognized?
And PwC is not equally powerful on your CV?
And with PwC you can not learn and liaise with colleagues world-wide? undecided

Let me take note of your username. I definitely wouldn't be taking any advice from you seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tkb417(m): 7:06pm On Jun 25, 2009
@Otuwe
Lemme tell you this, if you really wanna work in a world class environment that can shape your life for the future then pwC and KPMG will do justice to that. In terms of pay, they wont really offer much but the training will open doors for you in future

in Nigeria, KPMG is by far the best. Anybody that has worked in the 2 places will know what im saying
the pay for entry level will range from like 120-150 depending on some allowances
and note that in KPMG you can earn your promotion yearly with the increase in pay.

If you do well and get ur ICAN (in KPMG) or ACCA ( in pwC), then the sky is the limit.
Guys knowing fully well that u have your charter and the experential learning you have got will latch onto you like a bee will do honey

if you have to choose between pwC and KPMG, KPMG is the place to go
cheers

1 Like

Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tos(m): 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2009
tkb417:

and if you read well, i have told you my facts are based on 2009 figures.
the banks in question will match KPMGs pay as at today. (entry level)
FYI, the difference in pay betwen those on ICAN track and those that are not is about 30,000 after all deductions
You can check.

tkb417

Why have you chosen to argue blindly? Must you give misleading information for the sake of winning an argument?

How much do you think it cost KPMG to sponsor an employee to take each diet of ICAN (you can only take one diet per year except staff taking the foundation stage)? The cost of attending lecture at Wyse or SAFE (which are the two they use) is more than N30k per diet, with the cost of transportation which is approximately N10k per person. The firm also pay the cost of the exams which in most cases is about N25K and each staff will be given 6 weeks holiday to prepare for the exams and the days of the exams to sit.

If the salary of a staff per month is about N200K, the total cost to the firm to sponsor the exams per year is about N300K (30+10+25+225)K. I qualified when I was with them and I still communicate with my friends who are now managers (i had to call them again today to confirm this).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tos(m): 12:54pm On Jun 26, 2009
otuwe:

hi Tkb417 and tos

i have another question, i dont mean to sound stupid or dumb but what exactly is the take home pay (monthly) for KPMG,

i dont usually believe in all these 2.1m and all that (judging from where i am coming from) whats on paper is usually way higher than what you actually take home at the end of the day

pls can any of u clarify (cos i can see that the two of u are OBVIOUSLY former staff, of KPMG at one time or the other)

The take home pay is about N150K assuming you pay the maximum PAYE tax at the rate of 20%. It was far higher than this until they cancelled their DCP scheme. Though bonuses are usually paid in December of every year. New staff dont usually take this until a year after they are recruited as they are perceived not to have contributed in generating the profit that result to the bonuses.

tkb417 is not a former staff of KPMG. He does not have any information that proves this.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tos(m): 1:04pm On Jun 26, 2009
tkb417:

@Otuwe
Lemme tell you this, if you really wanna work in a world class environment that can shape your life for the future then pwC and KPMG will do justice to that. In terms of pay, they wont really offer much but the training will open doors for you in future

in Nigeria, KPMG is by far the best. Anybody that has worked in the 2 places will know what im saying
the pay for entry level will range from like 120-150 depending on some allowances
and note that in KPMG you can earn your promotion yearly with the increase in pay.

If you do well and get ur ICAN (in KPMG) or ACCA ( in pwC), then the sky is the limit.
Guys knowing fully well that u have your charter and the experential learning you have got will latch onto you like a bee will do honey

if you have to choose between pwC and KPMG, KPMG is the place to go
cheers

You have not justified this advice.

You have opportunity to be trained in either of the two. Staff are usually sent to attend trainings mostly in Europe and US and at times SA. PWC is flexible with the charter you pursue but KPMG is not. At KPMG, staff are only expected to take ICAN but PWC gives you options between ICAN and ACCA.

If you want to be in Tax, KPMG is the place to be as they have a well structured Tax division. However, PWC offers more in other areas such as transaction services, business advisory, audit, etc. The most important is the flexible working conditions (this is based on my experience with the two).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Novice Graphic Designer Makes Obituary Of Himself For Advert Purposes / Faith Ogochukwu: A Nigerian Soldier Who Is A Rice Farmer (Photos) / “I Slay In My Military Uniform Just The Same Way I Slay In My Civil Wear”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.