Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC (27218 Views)

The 331 MPH Car Speed Record Controversy / It's Medically Wrong To Use The AC Just Immediately You Enter Your Hot Car / My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by lwise(m): 2:41am On Apr 02, 2019
I always have this unpleasant experience anytime I switch on my AC (Hyundai Accent 2008).At times in traffic the car stops completely,I have to switch OFF the car then ON it back.

Can anyone help with the possible solution.

Thanks
Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by tyup(m): 3:06am On Apr 02, 2019
lwise:
I always have this unpleasant experience anytime I switch on my AC (Hyundai Accent 2008).At times in traffic the car stops completely,I have to switch OFF the car then ON it back.

Thanks

That's a bad occurrence now u need to change the battery

11 Likes

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by okosodo: 5:00am On Apr 02, 2019
It's is normal for speed to reduce when ac is turned on. Try warming your engine before moving

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by autologic: 8:34am On Apr 02, 2019
lwise:

Thanks
You need to give repair history of the car to get reasonable response .

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by lwise(m): 10:10am On Apr 02, 2019
autologic:

You need to give repair history of the car to get reasonable response .

The engine was ringed recently.I always have issue with the car jacking and vibrating as if the plugs are bad.I recently changed the plugs,service the engine but the situation remains the same . For the 1st 7 minutes of driving,hardly experience any issue.After sometime the car starts misbehaving and get worst if the AC is on.

I'm just tired cry cry

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by lwise(m): 10:16am On Apr 02, 2019
tyup:

That's a bad occurrence now u need to change the battery

Why battery?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by mejai(m): 11:48am On Apr 02, 2019
Check fuel system (clogged nozzles)
check coils
was the compressor re-constructed?
change engine

that's all for now!

7 Likes

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by stefanweeks: 2:27pm On Apr 02, 2019
When my car started giving sleepless night after my timing chain cut and was replaced

I said to myself, WEEKS you are too young for car troubles

I sold the vehicle, saved up some money and got a far better one

So my n!gga, ARE YOU TOO YOUNG TO EXPERIENCE CAR TROUBLES?

116 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Lamasta(m): 6:48pm On Apr 02, 2019
Your car automatically enters NEXT LEVEL if you on your AC grin

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by hisexcellency34: 6:49pm On Apr 02, 2019
sell it fast and get Toyota Camry 2009

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Yakeeboy: 6:51pm On Apr 02, 2019
Thanks [/quote]
lwise:

Thanks
bro go and buy Benz! All these Japanese cars will always give you headache. Since I have been using my Benz I have not visited the mechanic for once despite traveling with the car every time. Since I have dropped all these Japanese cars I have said no to mechanics.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by HarunaWest(m): 6:51pm On Apr 02, 2019
lwise:

The engine was ringed recently.I always have issue with the car jacking and vibrating as if the plugs are bad.I recently changed the plugs,service the engine but the situation remains the same . For the 1st 7 minutes of driving,hardly experience any issue.After sometime the car starts misbehaving and get worst if the AC is on.

I'm just tired cry cry
change the catalyst

2 Likes

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by chiedu7: 6:52pm On Apr 02, 2019
It's the effect of Buhari

4 Likes

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:52pm On Apr 02, 2019
We got this online for you OP.
(Quora).
Hope it gives you a better understanding.....

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Lakside1955(m): 6:52pm On Apr 02, 2019
That's why I always prefer someone to go for a good grade car, all this 400,000 car won't help lipsrsealed

20 Likes

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 02, 2019
How would it cost to fix ac leakage in dash board area for a 08 muscle
Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by SarkinYarki: 6:53pm On Apr 02, 2019
dude that car is more than 10 years old and has lost almost all it's compression and engine has exceeded 150k KMs in mileage

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by shortgun(m): 6:54pm On Apr 02, 2019
It's normally but u should not feel it much.
I guess the issue is with your engine.... Check nozzles or just do complete tune-up.

Nozzles, plugs,air filter, fuel filter, air intake...also check your exhaust system.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by DWJOBScom(m): 6:55pm On Apr 02, 2019
HarunaWest:

change the catalyst

why the catalyst?
similar experience?
Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 02, 2019
Maybe the car is one of the cars from flooding

6 Likes

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by okeyscrib(m): 6:57pm On Apr 02, 2019
You need to give more information.

Was there any significant change or repair carried on lately?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by jaxxy(m): 6:58pm On Apr 02, 2019
lwise:

Thanks

U Ac compressor might be the culprit. Probably soaked in water and now bridging. I had a similar problem and it was the compressor bt I had spent alot changing brain box, gasket, nozzle, injector to thinking the engine was even bad b4 I discovered it.

If the engine fires well without the Ac then surely there’s Smtn wrong with the Ac system, wiring or compressor cos even a smoking engine still carries the Ac very well.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Chitumu: 6:58pm On Apr 02, 2019
Yakeeboy:

Thanks I always have this unpleasant experience anytime I switch on my AC (Hyundai Accent 2008).At times in traffic the car stops completely,I have to switch OFF the car then ON it back.

Thanks bro go and buy Benz! All these Japanese cars will always give you headache. Since I have been using my Benz I have not visited the mechanic for once despite traveling with the car every time. Since I have dropped all these Japanese cars I have said no to mechanics.
Pls can i go for any other german car apart from benz? eg golf 7
Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Denikayan: 6:59pm On Apr 02, 2019
Change your tires

1 Like

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by dkronicle(m): 6:59pm On Apr 02, 2019
My wheelbiro no dey give me problem. Oga welder dey only
Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by cudorp: 6:59pm On Apr 02, 2019
Please tell your mechanic to check the ignition coil. I believe one or more the coils are not responding adequately. Moreso, checkup your fuel pump, guess the pump pressure isn't sufficient.

Well am speaking from my experiences.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by practicalclass: 7:00pm On Apr 02, 2019
lwise:

Thanks

See a mechanic (re-wire). Its likely the AC relay. Had same issue with my Hyundai Accent (i think it was 2004) and that was what he changed. You can also have a diagnostic on the car as its usually an electric problem when AC affects engine.

2 Likes

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Pgs01: 7:01pm On Apr 02, 2019
Lamasta:
Your car automatically enters NEXT LEVEL if you on your AC grin

Lol like seriously

1 Like

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Lexusgs430: 7:01pm On Apr 02, 2019
Just off AC and roll glass down........

Enjoy the Vitamin D, it's good for you....... shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by ignis: 7:02pm On Apr 02, 2019
Denikayan:
Change your tires

You obviously have limited knowledge of car functionality

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help!! My Car Overheats When Ac Is On / 2014 Toyota Highlander Unveiled / Porsche’s First Station Wagon Supercar (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.