Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,578 members, 7,850,968 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:35 AM

Senate Presidency: South-East Can't Eat Their Cake And Have It- Tony Momoh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency: South-East Can't Eat Their Cake And Have It- Tony Momoh (803 Views)

2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests / 2023 Presidency: South-West Undecided On Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi / Saraki Shouldn't Invite Trouble For Himself Because Of Greed - Tony Momoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Presidency: South-East Can't Eat Their Cake And Have It- Tony Momoh by hisexcellency34: 9:27am On Apr 02, 2019
Temidayo Akinsuyi

Lagos – Former Minister of Information, Prince Tony Momoh, on Monday, said the South-East have no right to claim exclusive right to the position of Senate Presidency, saying the South-South and other regions also have claims to it.

Speaking in a chat with Daily Independent, Momoh, one of the national leaders of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), said the South East invested more votes in Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) than they did for the APC and its candidate, President Muhammadu Buhari.

He also argued that the South-South can also lay claim to the position of Senate Presidency as it gave more votes to the APC than the South East in the presidential election.

He said “Must it be South- East alone? What of South-South? I am from the South-South. If you are talking of zoning and then there is zoning of Senate Presidency, why not South-South? All the South-South zones gave the President at least 25 per cent”.

“And I can claim that we gave the president more votes than the South- East. Zoning a particular position to a particular area is a decision that people should accommodate”.

Momoh also said he was in support of the decision of the APC to zone the position of Senate President to the North while that of the Speaker House of Representatives should be zoned to the South-West.

“If it is going to the North-East, it means the party has deliberated upon it and they have their reason why it should go to the North- East. The President is from the North-West. The President of the Senate will come from the North-East. The Speaker of the House will come from the South- West and so on”.

“So, it is natural for somebody to say the position of Senate presidency should go to the South- East but I am also saying that it can go to the South-South. The South- East can’t eat their cake and have it because they invested more in PDP than APC”.

“I am not saying they shouldn’t be given, I am only saying they there are reasons why certain decisions are taken. Under PDP, there was a time the position was zoned to the South- East and about four senators from South East became Senate president within the space of five years” he said

https://www.independent.ng/why-south-east-cant-lay-claim-to-senate-presidency-alone-tony-momoh/

Re: Senate Presidency: South-East Can't Eat Their Cake And Have It- Tony Momoh by Davash222(m): 9:39am On Apr 02, 2019
I don't think there's any sane Igbo person interested in this lifeless government.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: South-East Can't Eat Their Cake And Have It- Tony Momoh by Nbote(m): 9:41am On Apr 02, 2019
First things first d South East isn't asking for exclusive rights to d Senate Presidency... Most calls for d Senate Presidency position going to d South East have been from politicians of other zones even... D few politicians from d region making noise about it are d same ones who sold d South East out for their own personal and selfish interests... D likes of Orji Uzor Kalu and Rochas are d only ones talking about it and we all know who dey are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: South-East Can't Eat Their Cake And Have It- Tony Momoh by chozzy: 9:46am On Apr 02, 2019
Is this mumu Tony Momoh not too old to keep talking rubbish?

Who told him South Easterners are even interested in this govt?

3 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: South-East Can't Eat Their Cake And Have It- Tony Momoh by Oblivionsmiles: 9:51am On Apr 02, 2019
Zoning or not, Senate President or not. How have we benefited from any of them. They keep using tribalism and religion to get into power, once they are in they forget their precedence. Please don't anger me this morning o grin

[i][/i]Meanwhile, check my signature for your amazing gift ideas and for your best gifting experience yet!

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: South-East Can't Eat Their Cake And Have It- Tony Momoh by tooth4tooth: 9:56am On Apr 02, 2019
there was a time the position was zoned to the South- East and about four senators from South East became Senate president within the space of five years” he said

Funny grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: South-East Can't Eat Their Cake And Have It- Tony Momoh by RemiTinubu(f): 9:58am On Apr 02, 2019
Davash222:
I don't think there's any sane Igbo person interested in this lifeless government.
God bless you
Re: Senate Presidency: South-East Can't Eat Their Cake And Have It- Tony Momoh by RemiTinubu(f): 9:58am On Apr 02, 2019
Nbote:
First things first d South East isn't asking for exclusive rights to d Senate Presidency... Most calls for d Senate Presidency position going to d South East have been from politicians of other zones even... D few politicians from d region making noise about it are d same ones who sold d South East out for their own personal and selfish interests... D likes of Orji Uzor Kalu and Rochas are d only ones talking about it and we all know who dey are
God bless you bro

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: South-East Can't Eat Their Cake And Have It- Tony Momoh by celeiyke: 10:01am On Apr 02, 2019
Make noise from today to tomorrow. The middlebelt will produce the next speaker
Re: Senate Presidency: South-East Can't Eat Their Cake And Have It- Tony Momoh by limeta(f): 10:37am On Apr 02, 2019
Momoh also said he was in support of the decision of the APC to zone the position of Senate President to the North while that of the Speaker House of Representatives should be zoned to the South-West.

The slave that works in the Master's house

3 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: South-East Can't Eat Their Cake And Have It- Tony Momoh by hisexcellency34: 5:35pm On Apr 02, 2019
which slaves are you talking about?
limeta:

The slave that works in the Master's house
Re: Senate Presidency: South-East Can't Eat Their Cake And Have It- Tony Momoh by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 02, 2019
Can APC zone the Senate Presidency to Niger Republic if they like make we hear word

The level of arrogance from these electoral thieves is shocking

If they won the election legitimately na him be say we for pack commot for this country
Re: Senate Presidency: South-East Can't Eat Their Cake And Have It- Tony Momoh by BluntBoy(m): 5:56pm On Apr 02, 2019
Davash222:

From the oldest to the youngest, none of you knows how to play politics at all.

There is something called stepping stone. Even if a tribe is not happy with a certain government, does it mean that tribe has no use for the government to actualize some or most of its goals?

I keep saying it. With this mentality of yours, you will remain politically irrelevant in this country.

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Udom Emmanuel Commissions 17 Roads Today / PDP Exposes Gov. Bello’s Move To Allegedly Circumvent NFIU Policy On LG Fund / Evidences Lawmakers Sold Their Votes To Crown Femi Gbajabiamila As The Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.