Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Why I Quit Being A Muslim - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Quit Being A Muslim (5142 Views)

A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note / Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) / Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Quit Being A Muslim by donyfrank: 7:02pm On Sep 09, 2010
My muslim friend now turned to christianity told me why he have to quit.
In his story, he said that there is no power in mohammed unlike christains who always pray in the name Jesus and sumtin remarkable happens. But it is not so among the muslims, who profess mohammed and do not believe in him. Instead they conjure all sorts charms around every corner of there houses.
Then from my own observation, i found out that in most of this home movies it is either 4rm babalawo to church and never to mosque.
My friend is now enjoyn his new found religion.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by vescucci(m): 7:43pm On Sep 09, 2010
Inasmuch as my brain is currently filled with words that are variants of 'so what'. I'll just say this: Congratulations to your friend and maybe you. Everyone will find that which they seek earnestly I guess. Hope I'll not be an exception.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by naijacutee(f): 7:46pm On Sep 09, 2010
Wrong approach. If he became a christian in order to get signs and wonders, then it's only a matter of time until he quits and embraces occultism. This is where the goodness of God surpasses human understanding. God still accepts people who turn to Him for selfish reasons, and still blesses them with the sought after signs and wonders!
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 09, 2010
Jesus was not a murderer,promiscuous or a looter.Hes a God in physical appearance come down to earth.If anyone who cares&believes prays in his name,such a person will receive. Matt 7.7&mark 16 vs17. John 14vs 13&14 Christ did as a God would do.IF ur friend prayed in Gods(christ jesus) he would have received. Mohammad is just a mortal man. Hes not different from u&i. He died&remain dead, waiting to be judged by jesus(God). U cant get anything in the name of man in prayer except in that of a God
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by hornclob(m): 11:15pm On Sep 09, 2010
toba, that is how far u brain can go. u still have a lot to learn about religion.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by hornclob(m): 11:16pm On Sep 09, 2010
toba, that is how far u brain can go. u still have a lot to learn about religion and God
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 09, 2010
Ok ur own brain can go far ehn? Tell me some things i might not know&how it directly affects this thread&the content being discussed therein.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 09, 2010
Ok ur own brain can go far ehn? Tell me some things i might not know&how it directly affects this thread&the content being discussed therein.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by seyibrown(f): 11:42pm On Sep 09, 2010
Congratulations to your friend! May he continue to grow in Christ who strengthens us! Amen!
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by bashydemy(m): 9:18am On Sep 10, 2010
Well i guess your friend as a Muslim does not know the Meaning of Al-Rahaman and also Al- Roheem meaning God will bless anyone he want to bless no matter what he or she is doing even ritualist are living happily life and getting rich everyday that is the simple meaning of Al-Rahaman and Al-Roheem Mean he will choose those that he will bless in the days of judgement so even if pastor don go collect there power from Erelu Agbaye finish come dey shout in Jesus name him go bless them but they are coming to face his Wrath May Allah show you guys the right way Amin.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by philip0906(m): 9:28am On Sep 10, 2010
^^
Until then. . .
@op
Congrats on ur friend,but hope he is genuinely saved?
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by donyfrank: 10:02am On Sep 10, 2010
@philip. I don't know abt whether he is genuinely saved, this is what he told me why he quit muslim. Currently he attending pentecostal church. And has now converted his elder brother. Well, he is serious oh!
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by vedaxcool(m): 12:22pm On Sep 10, 2010
donyfrank:

My muslim friend now turned to christianity told me why he have to quit.
In his story, he said that there is no power in mohammed unlike christains who always pray in the name Jesus and sumtin remarkable  happens. But it is not so among the muslims, who profess mohammed and do not believe in him. Instead they conjure all sorts charms around every corner of there houses.
Then from my own observation, i found out that in most of this home movies it is either 4rm babalawo to church and never to mosque.
My friend is now enjoyn his new found religion. 

[size=13pt]
Only Fools and grave dirt will believe in this nonesense, as Muslims do not worship Muhammed PBUH, but his Lord, ALLAH, who crated hi,  laugh when certain cretins claim to be a Mulims and say they worship Muhhamad PBUH, The curse they incur for engaging in Idolatery like some that worship Jesus (who could not save himself but cried mY Lord My Lord why have thou forsaken me), only delude themselve read agin and see why the allged Muslim left Islam and You will come to the Conclusion that either his friend is mentally unstable(who watch films to make major decisions) or Tale MADE BY A MAD PERSON TO FOOL THE DAFT AND MYOPIC.
[/size]

toba:

Jesus was not a murderer,promiscuous or a looter.Hes a God in physical appearance come down to earth.If anyone who cares&believes prays in his name,such a person will receive. Matt 7.7&mark 16 vs17. John 14vs 13&14  Christ did as a God would do.IF your friend prayed in Gods(christ jesus) he would have received. Mohammad is just a mortal man. Hes not different from u&i. He died&remain dead, waiting to be judged by jesus(God). U cant get anything in the name of man in prayer except in that of a God
[size=15pt]
"Think NOT that I am come to send PEACE on earth; I. came NOT to send PEACE, but a SWORD."

(HOLY BIBLE) Matthew 10:34

"I am come to send FIRE on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?
Suppose ye that I am come to give PEACE on earth? I tell you, NAY; but rather DIVISION."

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."

International Standard Version (©2008)
But as for these enemies of mine who didn't want me to be their king-bring them here and slaughter them in my presence!'"

Hes not different from u&i. He died&remain dead, waiting to be judged by jesus(God). U cant get anything in the name of man in prayer except in that of a God

31. "Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him,"
32. "but Jesus said to them, I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?"
33. "The Jews answered him, saying : 'For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself a God.'" (John 10:31-33).
In verse 24 above the Jews falsely alleged that Jesus was talking ambiguously. When that charge was ably refuted, they then accused him of blasphemy which is like treason in the spiritual realm. So they say that Jesus is claiming to be God "I and the Father are one". The Christians agree with the Jews in this that Jesus did make such a claim; but differ in that it was not blasphemy because the Christians say that he was God and was entitled to own up to his Divinity.
The Christians and the Jews are both agreed that the utterance is serious. To one as an excuse for good "redemption", and to the other as an excuse for good "riddance". Between the two, let the poor Jesus die. But Jesus refuses to co-operate in this game, so:
34. "Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your Law, `I have said you are gods'?"
35. "If he called them `gods,' to whom the word of God came --and the Scripture cannot be broken--,"
36. "what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, `I am God's Son'?" (John 10:34-36).

In essence Jesus denied he was God, so IIIGGGGGGGGGGGGnnnnnnnnnnnnnOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSS, I prefer woshipping God, than Men that had to use tiolet time after time, this same Jesus cried "My God, My God Wh
[/size]y have thou Forsaken Me",.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by vedaxcool(m): 12:34pm On Sep 10, 2010
toba:

Christ did as a God would do.IF your friend prayed in Gods(christ jesus) he would have received.
vedaxcool:

[size=15pt]

Are you Talking of the same god in the Bible that abondon his son and left him shouting "My Lord My Lord, why have thou Forsaken me?", "The same god that left his own? son? to be trialed unjustly and tortured? I expect you to be more reasonable than that, go and explain to us why this same god in the bible allowed his? children? to practice stoning adulterers to death, in addition this same Law Jesus claimed not to come to abolish. In addition the woman is accused of Murder and Adultery together, Followig your sense of justice why would you accept the killing of Jesus(an innocent man) for you to be sin free,[size=25pt] but knowing you as some one that will never answer any criticism of religion rather you rush to engage in senseless insult I DOUBT IT IF YOU CAN PROVIDE ANY REASONABLE ANSWER[/size].
[/size]
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by philip0906(m): 12:42pm On Sep 10, 2010
donyfrank:

@philip. I don't know abt whether he is genuinely saved, this is what he told me why he quit muslim. Currently he attending pentecostal church. And has now converted his elder brother. Well, he is serious oh!
Oh,then he seems to be serious then.God bless him
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by philip0906(m): 12:45pm On Sep 10, 2010
[size=28pt]@vedaxcool
Y r u hitting your head on d wall?Y r u bitting your nails real hard?Y is the thread making u sweat hard like this?Don't u have d islam board?Is any one forcing u 2 convert?Aren't u supposed 2 be in d mosque now?R u even sure u r a muslim?[/size]
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by usbcable(m): 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2010
donyfrank:

In his story, he said that there is no power in mohammed unlike christains who always pray in the name Jesus and sumtin remarkable happens. But it is not so among the muslims, who profess mohammed and do not believe in him.
#muslims believe in Muhammad(s.a.w) and DO NOT worship Muhammad(s.a.w)
#muslims believe all POWER belong to the supreme creator and NEITHER Muhammad(s.a.w) nor Jesus(a.s.w)
donyfrank:

Instead they conjure all sorts charms around every corner of there houses.
#in the english nollywood films are the actors acting the roles of muslims when they go to dibias(NO).they are ''BAD christians'' masking as faithful ones to perpetuate evil. So if your Muslims friend's family/friend use charms does that make it a general xteristics of muslims.(NO)
BTW,
if you join a faith for the sole aim of fortune/miracle and not due to true conviction, it wont take much effort to jump ship later. Because no Situation lasts forever.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by donyfrank: 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2010
what i posted is what my friend who a core Muslim before said. His parents are muslim and he(my friend) should know better.
There is no need of defence
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 10, 2010
philip0906:

[size=28pt]@vedaxcool
Y r u hitting your head on d wall?Y r u bitting your nails real hard?Y is the thread making u sweat hard like this?Don't u have d islam board?Is any one forcing u 2 convert?Aren't u supposed 2 be in d mosque now?R u even sure u r a muslim?[/size]
This guy isnt normal to me. The thread tells us of how someone prayed using jesus' name& got result. If the op said it was the powerless name of mohammad that was used,im sure vedaxcool wouldnt go mad like his doing now. Its just envy
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by bashydemy(m): 3:33pm On Sep 10, 2010
toba:

This guy isnt normal to me. The thread tells us of how someone prayed using jesus' name& got result. If the op said it was the powerless name of mohammad that was used,im sure vedaxcool wouldnt go mad like his doing now. Its just envy
Well he never say he use any name and beside why will he ask Mohammad for help when there is Almighty Allah. I have never call on any other God but Allah and he is always there for me i got married to a xtain and i have never deny her of going to church but when ever she has any pain i always pray in Water for her and she always feel better and tell me when ever she has pain again so his friend know what he is looking for maybe instant miracle that will bless you today and give you sorrow tomorrow
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by aletheia(m): 5:23pm On Sep 10, 2010
donyfrank:

. . .And has now converted his elder brother. Well, he is serious oh!
^Praise God: Who has visited this family and shown them the Glorious Light of His Only Begotten Son, Jesus of Nazareth.

@vedaxcool: If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. Jesus holds out an invitation to you, will you not accept?
KJV: Revelation 3:20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

I believe if you sincerely ask Jesus to show Himself to you, He will for it is not His will that any man should perish.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by vedaxcool(m): 6:41pm On Sep 10, 2010
philip0906:

[size=28pt]@vedaxcool

I thought you do not join issues with Muslims, any way what do you expect since Paul made Lying lawful to you, the truth is always far from you heart, go and chat with your atheist friend, And your brain seem to be weared out as how can I apply force on some ONE TO CONVERT Through the net? This is the kind of thinking you will expect from individuals who believe God can have a son(auzobila)and at the same time the son will be God(auzobila), I didn't expect Harvard like thinking from you as your post usually shows desperation of Ignorant proportions, what can you expect from people that claim A SON CAN BE OLDER THAN HIS FATHER? I an see why you wrote that rubbish simply because the verse I quoted showed Jesus denied his alledged sonship of God, which you cannot refute. cool cool cool cool

Posted by: donyfrank
what i posted is what my friend who a core Muslim before said. His parents are muslim and he(my friend) should know better.
There is no need of defence

That is what make you and your friend a tragedy, How will he a core?? Muslim?? claim he worship the Holy Prophet Muhammed S.A.W, even Muslims that bearly pray know that we worship ALLAH the lord eternal and Originator of everything that exist, He goes on to claim that he or they (Like some Pastors who use satanic powers to deceive foolish people who need Miracles to believe in God--> that is why you meet a lot of Christians that are atheist when these Miracle fails them they begin to suck like some children) need Charms to get what they want agin this is only an indication of his crass ignorance as Just like some Pastor use charms to work Miracles, some deviant Muslims due to Ignorance--like your friend, use such thngs Just like you will come accross some Christians that use Charms, but again Islam is better off not having fools as its adherants.
toba

Your are a Jejune, that lack what it takes to engage in sensible discussion, as I indicated that muslims do not worship the Prophet neither do we pray in his Name, unlike some fools pray in the name of one of God's Numerous messenger, I know a fool above 20 is fool forever knowing the kind of mental Illness you suffer from, I am hardly moved by your invectives since that is the best thing you learnt from your bible(remember when Jesus called a non-jews Dogs -- so much for being the son pf peace --if your records are right)

aletheia:

^Praise God: Who has visited this family and shown them the Glorious Light of His Only Begotten Son, Jesus of Nazareth.

@vedaxcool: If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. Jesus holds out an invitation to you, will you not accept?
KJV: Revelation 3:20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

I believe if you sincerely ask Jesus to show Himself to you, He will for it is not His will that any man should perish.

I rather deal with Jesus "boss" whom Jesus claimed sent him, isn't the Master greater than the servant, and for the Verses I quoted the question arise why did Jesus reject being God or was it to save his neck from the Jews who were aout to stone or what, I know you will "blind" your eyes to this simple question. shocked cool cool cool
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by Holyspirit1(m): 7:31pm On Sep 10, 2010
Why do u weep 4 mohammed or islam he is presently lamentin in hell so weep 4 urself
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 10, 2010
Holy spirit:

Why do u weep 4 mohammed or islam he is presently lamentin in hell so weep 4 urself
where hes weeping&gnashing his teeth
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by bashydemy(m): 7:50pm On Sep 10, 2010
Why can't your friend deal with those give power to those pastor's instead the pastor, he should deal with like of Erelu Agbaye instead of the pastor cos they get there power's from them
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by nopuqeater: 8:22pm On Sep 10, 2010
@Aletheia:« #20 on: Today at 05:23:01 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: donyfrank on Today at 10:02:40 AM
. . .And has now converted his elder brother. Well, he is serious oh!
^Praise God: Who has visited this family and shown them the Glorious Light of His Only Begotten Son, Jesus of Nazareth.[/Quote]The bolded says God is Praised, and not Jesus is praised. By the way, who is the wife of the Father who bore the son in their matrimonial union, otherwise, it is either a lie or there is a combination of adultery or fornication and bastard baby? Over to you for the answer. You must answer it. For real. otherwise, you are just blowing stacks of smoke!

[Quote]@vedaxcool: If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. Jesus holds out an invitation to you, will you not accept?
KJV: Revelation 3:20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.[/Quote]Who is the speaker of the bolded? Did Jesus speak even in Acts? And acts was before what you call "revelation". Was Jesus on earth in revelation, or somebody is channeling him, and he is talking through this fella, like in the movie called Exorcist, with the little Linda Blair in the days?

[Quote]I believe if you sincerely ask Jesus to show Himself to you, He will for it is not His will that any man should perish.[/Quote]in my days, i saw ogun worshipers severe the head of dog from its body. they prayed to the ogun. their prayer came true. Everyone will have his god that he/she believes in. There is Only Onr True Ilah and thats Allah, Al Sutuun. Allah will allow those who want to be perished be led by Shaitan, who in your case make you take Jesus son of Mary who said he was a slave, seem God possible in your eye. this will make you far astray. if you pray in his name, Allah will make the prayer come true so that you are completely humiliated on that Day when there is no doubt, and Jesus will be questioned as it has been reported in the last few verses of Chapter 5, Surah Maidah.

you are in for an everlasting shock. but have warned you. so you have no excuse.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by nopuqeater: 8:27pm On Sep 10, 2010
@holy ghost and toba; « #23 on: Today at 07:43:39 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Holy spirit on Today at 07:31:40 PM
where hes weeping&gnashing his teeth
[/Quote]when did Jannah, Paradise becomes Jahanam, Hell?

I forgot, you dont know anything about Jannah, Paradise. You are only familiar with Heaven, Samma'h.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 10, 2010
nopuqeater:

@holy ghost and toba; « #23 on: Today at 07:43:39 PM »when did Jannah, Paradise becomes Jahanam, Hell?

I forgot, you dont know anything about Jannah, Paradise. You are only familiar with Heaven, Samma'h.
ok tell me about the place. Is it the same place that suicide bombers will get 72virgins?
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by aletheia(m): 9:06pm On Sep 10, 2010
@nopuqeater:
KJV: Daniel 12:10. Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by bashydemy(m): 10:43pm On Sep 10, 2010
toba:

ok tell me about the place. Is it the same place that suicide bombers will get 72virgins?
This toba self you never cease to amaze me and can you pls show me in the Holy Quran where its says 72 virgin, pls dont tell me na person talk am and na this and that ooo go straight to the Verse if not then you have to be send back to where you are clown from
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by manmustwac(m): 11:50pm On Sep 10, 2010
i changed the topic title from Why I Quit Muslim to Why I Quit Being A Muslim
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 11, 2010
Seems u are now active in changing thread titles ehn? Why dont u go change the title of bawomolo's thread?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First Fruit - What Is The Correct Meaning Please? / Should Christian Women Wear Pants? / God Forbids Presence Of Women On The Altar,their Ministry And Authority In The C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.