Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,262 members, 7,811,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. (4298 Views)

Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation / Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: / 'Fela!' Musical: Endorsed By Jay-Z, Will Smith, And Jada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by pckid: 7:52pm On Sep 09, 2010
http://questionmarkmag.com/2010/09/jay-z-signs-will-and-jada-smiths-9yr-old-daughter-to-rocnation/

Joining Ryan Seacrest for his breakfast show this morning, Jay-Z & Willow Smith – the 9yr old daughter of Will and Jada Pinkett Smith speak on her signing to Jay-Z‘s Rocnation label, her new single “Whip My Hair” and more.

Willow.
Jay-Z commented “We at Roc Nation are excited to work with Willow. She has an energy and enthusiasm about her music that is truly infectious. It’s rare to find an artist with such innate talent and creativity at such a young age. Willow is about to embark on an incredible journey and we look forward to joining her as she grows in all aspects of her career.”

http://questionmarkmag.com/2010/09/jay-z-signs-will-and-jada-smiths-9yr-old-daughter-to-rocnation/
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by Mobinga: 7:54pm On Sep 09, 2010
This is gonna piss off nucca's who are trying to get a label like eminem in 96
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by CLASSIFYD(m): 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2010
Jay is prolly tryna create a female version of justin beiber. Jst hope dis investment dnt go down d drain.
Ki lo n ko mi sef? Isitmymoney??
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by Genuflect(m): 8:59am On Sep 10, 2010
This girl dey cause ruckus for Twitter o. She's definitely gon blow
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by Fred87(m): 10:33am On Sep 10, 2010
Hope she'll nt take afta jay z nd his masonic theorem.go girl, do bros smith proud.eeezz
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by nellaluv(f): 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2010
[img]http://4.bp..com/_u3lFqBksmrE/TIoKuzVky_I/AAAAAAAAhRQ/glB_OTTVhMs/s400/article-1310577-0B1C6DFE000005DC-719_468x414.jpg[/img]

She just looks like her dad, when he was the fresh prince of bel-air smiley
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by Genuflect(m): 6:02pm On Sep 10, 2010
nellaluv:

[img]http://4.bp..com/_u3lFqBksmrE/TIoKuzVky_I/AAAAAAAAhRQ/glB_OTTVhMs/s400/article-1310577-0B1C6DFE000005DC-719_468x414.jpg[/img]

She just looks like her dad, when he was the fresh prince of bel-air smiley
Hmmmm. Gbeborun don come again. E ma wole o. Ekabo
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by nellaluv(f): 6:07pm On Sep 10, 2010
eKUEle smiley

I get am naw cool
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by Genuflect(m): 6:15pm On Sep 10, 2010
nellaluv:

eKUEle smiley

I get am naw cool
Na Yoruba be this or Ibo?
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by nellaluv(f): 6:44pm On Sep 10, 2010
Genuflect:

Na Yoruba be this or Ibo?

Na yoruibo.
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by aieromon(m): 8:03pm On Sep 10, 2010
Swagger truly runs in the Smith family.
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by hectorswag(m): 7:20am On Sep 11, 2010
aieromon:

Swagger truly runs in the Smith family.

na so cool
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by maedan(f): 7:27am On Sep 11, 2010
How old is she again??

Why the rush to push her into the industry? Talented or not, famous parents or no, I think she should wait haba.
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by A40(m): 8:41am On Sep 11, 2010
maedan:

How old is she again??

Why the rush to push her into the industry? Talented or not, famous parents or no, I think she should wait haba.

Hehehehe Madam where have you been??

You never see anything go and check this kid out! He topped French charts with this song at age 4

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATO2DifWrzs[/flash]
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by hectorswag(m): 9:53am On Sep 11, 2010
A-40:

You never see anything go and check this kid out! He topped French charts with this song at age 4

[flash=400,300]

wooooowww!!! I still can't believe this! lol very funny kid cheesy
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by maedan(f): 9:03pm On Sep 11, 2010
A-40:

[flash=400,300]

Lol, I'm ok, thanks for asking. Sorry I missed the vid, where did it go??
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by maedan(f): 9:06pm On Sep 11, 2010
maedan:

Lol, I'm ok, thanks for asking. Sorry I missed the vid, where did it go??

Ok, just saw it now. Wow! I still think the Smiths should wait, come on. Fame na by force?? Why can't they let kids just be kids for once?? All these Justin Biebers n Co. This is what spoiled M.J. (RIP). Let's wait and see anyhow.
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by kashmo: 7:35pm On Sep 12, 2010
Kid or not, she sounded way too matured on the song! If she enjoys making music, who are we to question her desire? Abeg, age has nothing to do with music; talent does, and she got it!
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by A40(m): 11:17pm On Sep 12, 2010
maedan:

Ok, just saw it now. Wow! I still think the Smiths should wait, come on. Fame na by force?? Why can't they let kids just be kids for once?? All these Justin Biebers n Co. This is what spoiled M.J. (RIP). Let's wait and see anyhow.

You are more than welcome Ma'am. . Haba its probably her passion i am sure her folks are not putting her under pressure or anything like that remember M.J's folks where doing it to make some dough that can't possibly be the same with Will Smith
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by maedan(f): 5:04pm On Sep 13, 2010
@A-40, my dear, at 9 years old, growing up should be her passion! Enjoying school, making friends and learning. Fame and music can wait. Anyway, if it is her "passion" as @kashmo said, then cool. But it's funny how their son is a movie actor and now the daughter is a musician. Do they have any "normal" children?? LoL grin grin.
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by shilling(f): 5:08am On Sep 14, 2010
maedan:

@A-40, my dear, at 9 years old, growing up should be her passion! Enjoying school, making friends and learning. Fame and music can wait. Anyway, if it is her "passion" as @kashmo said, then cool. But it's funny how their son is a movie actor and now the daughter is a musician. Do they have any "normal" children?? LoL grin grin.

Will has a "normal" son.
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by damola1: 5:45am On Sep 14, 2010
maedan:

You understand that because you are old to, but when given the opportunity to express yourself, and everyone around you is doing it very well, why not?, Truly, there'll be so much work for her to do, but really the parents have very little to say, besides this was just abt how Beyounce started. Fact is, we have to pay a price for our desires at some point, whether it's losing out on childhood, tenage years, youth years, and Grandpa years, at some point, we will do stuff that others don't neccessarily have to do, just because we desire to achieve some things.
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by maedan(f): 9:47pm On Sep 14, 2010
shilling:

Will has a "normal" son.

Hmmn, I was making a joke, ok? "Normal" as in, not into pursuing worldwide "fame" tongue. You know, an everyday kid. Jeez.

damola1:

You understand that because you are old to, but when given the opportunity to express yourself, and everyone around you is doing it very well, why not?, Truly, there'll be so much work for her to do, but really the parents have very little to say, besides this was just abt how Beyounce started. Fact is, we have to pay a price for our desires at some point, whether it's losing out on childhood, tenage years, youth years, and Grandpa years, at some point, we will do stuff that others don't neccessarily have to do, just because we desire to achieve some things.

Lol, thank you prof. If anyone asks me, would I prefer my kids to follow their fame at a young age or live a normal life, I would choose the latter. Maybe in their teens, then I will encourage any talent. Anything under 10 years looks too desperate to me. What ever the desire for "achievement".
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by hax: 10:30pm On Sep 14, 2010
Abi o.

All other 9 year old ladies are singing in the shower and the youth choir at church.
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by maedan(f): 11:27pm On Sep 14, 2010
hax:

Abi o.

All other 9 year old ladies are singing in the shower and the youth choir at church.

Lol. Exactly. Let a girl just be a girl, for a while at least.
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by A40(m): 11:51pm On Sep 14, 2010
maedan:

My sister let her talent shine through. If i was pushed this hard in one or two sports when i was younger i may have been too busy to blog on NL these days lol. What i am trying to say is Management is all that counts its about her folks prioritizing and managing her well and she would come out all fine. I would rather have a young prodigious daughter that has a busy childhood than a normal child that grows up to become a p0rnstar lol (No disrespect Mr Fishburne)
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by chiogo(f): 12:09am On Sep 15, 2010
maedan:

Hmmn, I was making a joke, ok? "Normal" as in, not into pursuing worldwide "fame" tongue. You know, an everyday kid. Jeez.
I think shilling was talking about Will's first son(the one he didn't have with Jada). I think he wants to play football or something unlike his step siblings who are into acting/music.
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by hax: 12:16am On Sep 15, 2010
hey! where you been? I think i missed you just a little bit. embarassed

@A-40 lol @ the fishburne comment

was coming in to drop some hate, as usual, but damn. listened to 'whip my hair' on youtube and she sounds more like 19 than 9. sick production. lots of promise.

never going to listen again though.

no one needs to know i'm jamming to some 9 year old's song. that's not gangsta.
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by chiogo(f): 12:21am On Sep 15, 2010
Just a little bit? I didn't miss you at all.

Girl doesn't sound her age but then there's technology at work. She's pretty out-spoken though going by what I saw on TV.
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by hax: 12:27am On Sep 15, 2010
stop lying. you did. didn't you? cry

she doesn't sound her age. AT ALL. i think it's technology too, but i dunno. couldn't be bothered though. as i said, that sh-it ain't gangsta. lol

so how've you been anyways?
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by chiogo(f): 12:33am On Sep 15, 2010
It sure isn't gangsta. Neither is crying tongue I really didn't miss you, sorry though, I'll remember to do so next time. grin
I've been great, back to school. U?
Re: Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. by hax: 12:41am On Sep 15, 2010
chiogo:

It sure isn't gangsta. Neither is crying tongue I really didn't miss you, sorry though, I'll remember to do so next time. grin
I've been great, back to school. U?
i wasn't crying. there's just something in my eye. besides i know you really missed me anyways. stop frontin'. cry embarassed

i'm good. school's fine, everything's okay.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Interested In Moderating This Section? / Ezi Emela Featuring Skales - Secret Lover (Official Video) / DOWNLOAD MP3: Meek Mill – Pain Away Ft. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie & Lil Durk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.