Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,211 members, 7,811,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation (1190 Views)

Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. / Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: / Jadakiss Officially Signs To Roc-a-fella Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation by eldee(m): 12:27pm On Nov 13, 2010
Just like magic, VIPs and tastemakers descended on New York City venue The Box with less than 24 hours notice for a mysterious show last night. Jay-Z’s rumored appearance drew throngs of Roc throwers, yet it wasn’t that Jay who ended up rocking the crowd.

The Friday night audience was amazed yet confused as a magic show unraveled before their eyes. The sultry entertainment included a hula hooper, gymnast, dart throwers, and a human slinky. Then the curtain slowly opened revealing the master of ceremonies, Jay-Z.

“I hope with all of this to bring the magic back into hip-hop, all of the love, the wizardry,” said Hov. He then explained the real reason he gathered everyone in the room. “This next wizard that I am about to introduce is very exciting. He goes by the name of Jay Electronica.”

The big news—Jay Electronica is the newest member of Roc Nation. The suited rapper then proved why, stopping often to repeat himself slowly so that everyone would listen. Songs like “Dear Moleskine,” “Exhibit A (Transformations),” and “Exhibit C” showed his strength. One rhyme he spat, “I’m not Illuminati but my eye is on the money,” caused a collective “Ohhh!” In 15 minutes flat, he turned everyone into Jay-lievers—all without a magic wand.

–Tanya Remekie

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQGLo1k8OIk?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation by Rhymstein(m): 12:50pm On Nov 13, 2010
long over due,am so happy for d guy.

great news from my e-enemy on my birthday grin grin grin
Re: Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation by bjmighty(m): 1:19pm On Nov 13, 2010
Yeah! I saw it too. I can't wait to see Jay Elect "blow up" with ROC
Re: Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation by Fred87(m): 1:36pm On Nov 13, 2010
Nice1,dude's been amazin.Game once said he's d illest cat off d westcoast. @rhymestein happy b'day bruv.eeeezz
Re: Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation by hax: 5:42pm On Nov 13, 2010
Fred87:

Nice1,dude's been amazin.Game once said he's d illest cat off d westcoast. @rhymestein happy b'day bruv.eeeezz
uhhhh,  no.

that award goes to Blu.  grin

oh. or Fash. tongue

“This next wizard that I am about to introduce is very exciting”

on the contrary, i find jay elect quite boring. sick rapper, but still boring.

and lmao at e-enemy.

and y'all expecting him to 'blow up'?

niqqa please. lol tongue

lets see what he does with J. Cole first. who's listened to friday night lights?
Re: Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation by Rhymstein(m): 6:42pm On Nov 13, 2010
@hax
i dnt think jay elect wld blow as in sell multi platinum.but since is jay cosignin n ppl listen to wateva he says,jay elect myt sell gold

@fred
thanx.and jay elect is from new orleans n dats south my nigga
Re: Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation by bjmighty(m): 7:39pm On Nov 13, 2010
Lil Wayne while at Rikers was asked whom he looked forward to working with, i think he said Jay elect was first on his list. I stand to be corrected.
Re: Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation by eldee(m): 11:53pm On Nov 13, 2010
Jay-Z's back with his knock-off price deals, all you get from Roc Nation is a name and the advance. . . no extra help at all.
Right now his priorities are probably his book, Kanye's album, Rihanna and Willow Smith. Even J.Cole's album will probably be shelved till spring.

@hax
Kinda weird . . .J.Cole wasted a good opportunity to trash Drake on a track.

Rhymstein:

long over due,am so happy for d guy.

great news from my e-enemy on my birthday grin grin grin

You know I've not got anything against you, I just enjoy dissing you and BJ.
Re: Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation by bjmighty(m): 4:02am On Nov 14, 2010
eldee:

Jay-Z's back with his knock-off price deals, all you get from Roc Nation is a name and the advance. . . no extra help at all.
Right now his priorities are probably his book, Kanye's album, Rihanna and Willow Smith. Even J.Cole's album will probably be shelved till spring.

@hax

You know I've not got anything against you, I just enjoy dissing you and BJ.

Kinda true el but Jay Elect is not a new kid. He's already got the street, he just need to be unleashed to the street in a well timed manner. Though, i foresee him clashing with a lot of other rappers. I'm kinda not cool with him on ROC too. Like he just got himself in a cold war with other rappers.

@el. . . na me u enjot dissing. Oloshi grin grin grin grin Me sef enjoy u. NL is fun for me. grin
Re: Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation by hax: 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2010
eldee:

i think the book is done.

and you don't really think Jay-Z would write a whole book? the niqqa doesn't write his rhymes.  undecided

and yeah, J. Cole's album HAS BEEN shelved till spring lol. there's no release date. i don't think he'd drop it this close to the mixtape.

willow and rihanna are definitely more important to jay-z right now. his influence is showing on rihanna's music especially. the new direction, since 'good girl done bad'. . . some would call it 'illuminati' though. i find it hard to believe that willow did that song on her own. its only in the chorus you can tell that it's a little girl. will and jada don't know too much about music, no offence lol.

@hax
completely wasted. considering the fact that drake didnt sing the hook. havent heard it. knew it would be on the mixtape so i waited. since it's the same verses i'm not exactly looking forward to it. i wasn't such a big fan of the original anyways.

Rhymstein:

@hax
i dnt think jay elect wld blow as in sell multi platinum.but since is jay cosignin n ppl listen to wateva he says,jay elect myt sell gold
jay elect? do you mean sell gold like jewelry, or gold like 500 THOUSAND copies?  shocked
the former is more likely.  undecided
Re: Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation by Mrjayman: 4:48pm On Nov 14, 2010
Damn I feel really sorry for diddy. Roc Nation just got stronger.
I've heard the J. Cole - Friday Night Lights mixtape. Twaz tite my faves are Farewell , Home For The Holidays. STILL HAD SOME OLD TRACKS THO
Re: Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation by seunallday: 7:56pm On Nov 14, 2010
first off, jay elect is the mannnn, just tot to clear that up, working with jigga is a good look for him, even tho he obviously wont do drake numbers,

dat song with drake wasnt a competition song, and those were old verses so drake probably wrote his after cole, damn guys its not all about competition, its a nice feel good song.

av headr the friday night lights mixtape, a bit underwhelmed, its no warm up, and its not tape of the year( dats mood muzik 4) but its better than a lotta people's albums, but if he was puttin old songs why didnt he put relaxation with fashawn and omen.
Re: Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation by chiogo(f): 8:23pm On Nov 14, 2010
hax:

and you don't really think Jay-Z would write a whole book? the niqqa doesn't write his rhymesundecided
Hmm  undecided

i find it hard to believe that willow did that song on her own. its only in the chorus you can tell that it's a little girl. will and jada don't know too much about music, no offence lol.
Are you talking lyrics-wise or voice-wise?

jay elect? do you mean sell gold like jewelry, or gold like 500 THOUSAND copies?  shocked
the former is more likely.  undecided
LOL you're so mean. But I agree, isn't he like 34?
Re: Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation by eldee(m): 11:18pm On Nov 14, 2010
hax:

i think the book is done.

and you don't really think Jay-Z would write a whole book? the niqqa doesn't write his rhymes.  undecided

The book is done, but promotion is the biggest part of writing a book, you actually have to do book signings and all that.
Come on, I read a page or sumn, that was interview-Hov talking.

hax:

and yeah, J. Cole's album HAS BEEN shelved till spring lol. there's no release date. i don't think he'd drop it this close to the mixtape.

I knew it was shelved, I thought it was going to end up a December album, not spring.

hax:

willow and rihanna are definitely more important to jay-z right now. his influence is showing on rihanna's music especially. the new direction, since 'good girl done bad'. . . some would call it 'illuminati' though. i find it hard to believe that willow did that song on her own. its only in the chorus you can tell that it's a little girl. will and jada don't know too much about music, no offence lol.

It was just heavy studio work, Roc Nation has a massive team.

hax:

completely wasted. considering the fact that drake didnt sing the hook. havent heard it. knew it would be on the mixtape so i waited. since it's the same verses i'm not exactly looking forward to it. i wasn't such a big fan of the original anyways.

Drake did the hook after his verse.

bjmighty:

Kinda true el but Jay Elect is not a new kid. He's already got the street, he just need to be unleashed to the street in a well timed manner. Though, i foresee him clashing with a lot of other rappers. I'm kinda not cool with him on ROC too. Like he just got himself in a cold war with other rappers.

@el. . . na me u enjot dissing. Oloshi grin grin grin grin Me sef enjoy u. NL is fun for me. grin

Jay Elect is not going to be that successful with the Roc, the streets don't buy albums . . . and Hov will just leave him to do his thing, that'll be his flaw.
Re: Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation by hax: 12:34am On Nov 15, 2010
chiogo:

Hmm  undecided
huh huh what what?
how've you been?

Are you talking lyrics-wise or voice-wise?
both-wise. 9 year olds don't just sit in a corner and think up a hook so catchy. and don't mention the words 'talent' and 'prodigy'.

LOL you're so mean. But I agree, isn't he like 34?
yup. old-azz niqqa lol.

eldee:

The book is done, but promotion is the biggest part of writing a book, you actually have to do book signings and all that.
Come on, I read a page or sumn, that was  interview-Hov talking.
thats exactly what it was meant to sound like. tongue

I knew it was shelved, I thought it was going to end up a December album, not spring.
knew it wouldn't be out this year. he should take his time and drop a classic. he's probably rewriting the hooks and making it sound more poppy. tongue

Drake did the hook after his verse.
wasn't it the same thing?

Jay Elect is not going to be that successful with the Roc, the streets don't buy albums . . . and Hov will just leave him to do his thing, that'll be his flaw.
not really. there's no way jay-z would get elect to completely change his style. the public can never accept him. i hope i eat my words later, but let's just see how it goes. gold is definitely out of it tho.
Re: Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation by DBR: 1:57pm On Nov 15, 2010
Hey Eldeegy. .
got Cole's FNL this mornin. .
Now if anyone knows a realler nigga than Cole pls point me to the direction.
Dopest mxtape of the year by miles. . .i'm a happy man!! grin

And yea the J force. .J.z, J.cole,J electro. . soon Roc go sign okocha too grin grin grin

Good look for Elect. By now, most signees kno how Roc roles, so no unguarded xpectation.
E'rthin is made clear from the word go . .if u down wit it, u put pen to papper, if u not just say bye to hater.

In the Morning. . Cole didnt waste an opportunity 1 bit.
When u wanna trash a nigga, u look for the right song. .in d mornin aint that kinda song.
I guess Drizzy likes d original andjust wanted to hop on it. .smart move too from him also choosin the track.
He know if he wanted sth else. . . .

Wale tried to make up his "Beautiful Bliss" murkin on "You got it". . .hahahaha. . he tried . .
Really, Wale seem to be improvin tho. .he went in pretty nicely. .but its still a Cole world. .no heater, no blanket!

Cole's FNL is certified crack! That boy is a problem. There were tracks i tot wuld be album material. .real dope lyricism. .
Now im thinkin if this is mixtape. .wonder wat the album gon be like!
oNe
Re: Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation by Mobinga: 9:37pm On Nov 15, 2010
Jay Electronica, J. Cole and Willow Smith are Illuminatus grin grin
Re: Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation by seunallday: 10:16pm On Nov 15, 2010
all the members of plantation boys be illuminatti
grin

FNL is the second dopest mixtape of the year, y'all should go listen to mood muzik 4, dat boy joe budden is insane.

Cole and drake are gon do more collabos in future, and i hope jay elect is gon up his game further.
Re: Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation by chiogo(f): 5:33am On Nov 18, 2010
hax:

huh huh what what?
He doesn't write his rhymes? undecided

hax:

both-wise. 9 year olds don't just sit in a corner and think up a hook so catchy.
In America, they do. I guess I just don't see it as that big of a deal, I've probably heard better.

hax:

and don't mention the words 'talent' and 'prodigy'.
I wasn't going to. lol

I've been iight, you?
Re: Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation by medjai(m): 7:24am On Nov 18, 2010
Good for him but I quite agree with Hax. Jay Elect is good but I find him boring. I've listened to Exhibit A, B and C plus he had the worst verse on Reflection Eternal's 'Just Begun'.
Hope it turns out good for him
Re: Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation by Wordsmith(m): 8:02am On Nov 18, 2010
^ You forgot to mention What The F*ck Is A Jay Electronica?. Jesus, that has to be the most boring mixtape i've ever heard.

(1) (Reply)

.. / North, South, East Or West, Which Region Holds Real Hip Hop Down In Naija? / Boys Vs Girls - Game Over (uk Grime)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.