Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,778 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge (2865 Views)

My Visit To Second Niger Bridge Site Onitsha Anambra State-photos / Lauretta Onochie Shares Aerial View Pictures Of Second Niger Bridge. (pictures) / Fashola Arrives Onitsha, Inspects Work On Second Niger Bridge- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by NnamdiChidi(m): 9:12pm On Apr 02, 2019
pics speaks for itself

2 Likes

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by Chuks9000: 9:16pm On Apr 02, 2019
Please add the prototype of the bridge.
Just to get an idea of what is yet to be done.

1 Like

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:16pm On Apr 02, 2019
Even if the Igbos hate Buhari for no genuine reason, he still love them there. I wish money siphoned here could be channeled to Apapa road. It will be a lot better and appreciated.

Buhari abeg remember us in Apapa and Lag/Ibd express

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by Chuks9000: 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2019
FOLYKAZE:
A single picture doesn't say a word

Add more picture to make a story.
Felt sane way when I saw the picture of a single pillar.
Was like, is this the pillar that will carry the whole bridge?

1 Like

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by Chuks9000: 9:22pm On Apr 02, 2019
FOLYKAZE:
Even if the Igbos hate Buhari for no genuine reason, he still love them there. I wish money siphoned here could be channeled to Apapa road. It will be a lot better and appreciated.

Oga, I know you learnt the instigating trade from your forefathers. But we are not interested in ethnicity. It does no one any good.

12 Likes

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:24pm On Apr 02, 2019
Chuks9000:

Oga, I know you learnt the instigating trade from your forefathers. But we are not interested in ethnicity. It does no one any good.

Take your rant to Atiku. No be we send you to Atikulate Obituary.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by Monday60655(m): 9:25pm On Apr 02, 2019
May be that one is Second Niger Bridge in Benin Republic...

1 Like

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by Chepos1(m): 9:26pm On Apr 02, 2019
I was there live some days ago

2 Likes

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by Olanipekun1: 9:28pm On Apr 02, 2019
[s]
FOLYKAZE:

[/s]
Buhari is nothing but a pedophile monkey vagabond
Buhari hates igbos
Igbos hates Buhari
it's mutual
kiss the truth

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by sonature1: 12:33am On Apr 03, 2019
It's amazing that this is what has been achieved in 4 years, and someone wants the south east to be dancing Atiliogwu for the man in Aso Rock. Please how long did it take Fashola to build Lekki/Ikoyi link bridge again?

9 Likes

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by chozzy: 1:00am On Apr 03, 2019
They are about 8 pillers in all.

GEJ built 5 pillers.

Buhari has added 3

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by Xander85: 1:12am On Apr 03, 2019
Chepos1:
I was there live some days ago

Isn’t that the Loko-Oweto bridge in the 2nd pic?

2 Likes

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by Chuks9000: 2:22am On Apr 03, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Na person wey dey follow mumu argue...
Abeg, post all you want, I don shift for you to balance well and display your mumurity.

3 Likes

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by Hotfreezer: 2:57am On Apr 03, 2019
Chuks9000:

Felt sane way when I saw the picture of a single pillar.
Was like, is this the pillar that will carry the whole bridge?

How many pillars did Pdp put there in 16 years the SE slaved for the Pdp?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by Hotfreezer: 2:59am On Apr 03, 2019
chozzy:
They are about 8 pillers in all.

GEJ built 5 pillers.

Buhari has added 3

No.

PDP built 5 pillars in 16 years (1 pillar in 39 months)
APC built 3 pillars in 3.5 years. (1 pillar in 14 months)

This is the same project SE leaders said GEJ had nearly completed and that Buhari should not be voted because he won't complete it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by Hotfreezer: 3:03am On Apr 03, 2019
sonature1:
It's amazing that this is what has been achieved in 4 years, and someone wants the south east to be dancing Atiliogwu for the man in Aso Rock. Please how long did it take Fashola to build Lekki/Ikoyi link bridge again?

Because you were the one that carried headpan to construct Lekki bridge.

In the 16 years that you were slaves under Pdp (not that you're now free anyway), how many pillars did Pdp put there?

Igbos served Pdp for 16 years with nothing to show and this one is asking mumu questions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by Hotfreezer: 3:06am On Apr 03, 2019
Olanipekun1:
[s][/s]
Buhari is nothing but a pedophile monkey vagabond
Buhari hates igbos
Igbos hates Buhari
it's mutual
kiss the truth

Buhari needs to build mental hospitals and asylums in the South East.

At least, let this boy I quoted receive proper care even if his family has given up on him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by Hotfreezer: 3:10am On Apr 03, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Since Buhari beat Atiku like a mad dog, have you seen Atiku step his feet into the SE?

Atiku and the SE are now in a long-distance relationship.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by CodeTemplar: 3:18am On Apr 03, 2019
And so what? They build you a bridge but build themselves a city.

3 Likes

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by Olanipekun1: 3:58am On Apr 03, 2019
[s]
Hotfreezer:

Buhari needs to build mental hospitals and asylums in the South East.

At least, let this boy I quoted receive proper care even if his family has given up on him.
[/s]
Buhari is a terrorist

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by Hotfreezer: 4:10am On Apr 03, 2019
Olanipekun1:
[s][/s]
Buhari is a terrorist

Because Buhari refused to share kerosene? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by Hotfreezer: 4:11am On Apr 03, 2019
CodeTemplar:
And so what? They build you a bridge but build themselves a city.

Like Benin City or Chocolate City?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by Olanipekun1: 4:27am On Apr 03, 2019
[s]
Hotfreezer:

[/s]
Osibanjo is a vagabond puppet and a Hopless bastard vagabond Useless nonentity bribe eating scumbag fake pastor

4 Likes

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by Hotfreezer: 4:49am On Apr 03, 2019
Olanipekun1:
[s][/s]
Osibanjo is a vagabond puppet and a Hopless bastard vagabond Useless nonentity bribe eating scumbag fake pastor

Say it slowly. This time without crying tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by GavelSlam: 5:20am On Apr 03, 2019
Hotfreezer:

This guy is wicked.

grin

2 Likes

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by anonimi: 5:30am On Apr 03, 2019
sonature1:

Buhari and his APC crew finished the cemetery for Zik while they finished two railways in the north.
Na so the ethnic bigot and Fulani terrorist take manifest his 97% versus %% illiterate mentality.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6411492_buhariunity_jpege6b944865fd28349d890aa9f1f00fb23

2 Likes

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by anonimi: 5:33am On Apr 03, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Why should an intelligent person beg for what he is due for
Is Buhari president of only the north or he is president of the entire country?
If he is president of the entire country why has he not completed the Lagos/Ibadan express road the way he completed the Abuja and Kaduna railways? Do you know?
Buhari is a deceptive snake.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-8mJYOXm-b5A/VG87TvNPXQI/AAAAAAAAOGI/igXt7T3n8R8/s1600/gen%2Bbuhari.jpg[/img]

4 Likes

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by Anambralstson: 5:38am On Apr 03, 2019
Hotfreezer:

How about Tinubu sharing groundnut oil and Fayemi sharing food to their almajiris in west?

6 Likes

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by anonimi: 5:43am On Apr 03, 2019
Hotfreezer:

No. Because Buhari abandoned the bridge for years before it was election time again.

Stolen:
http://www.authorityngr.com/2016/03/Outrage-as-FG-abandons-N140bn-2nd-Niger-Bridge-/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3552502_vllkyt7e0q6irsjfo_f9e8ec83_jpg7399183496daa5c12a37c3610d1f0dee

Outrage as FG abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge
31/03/2016

...Buhari should order Julius Berger back to site - Stakeholders

There is anger in the South East zone over the Federal Government’s abandonment of the N140 billion ($700 million) 2nd Niger Bridge.
Investigations by The AUTHORITY revealed that the contractor, Julius Berger Construction Company, stopped work on the project which is being constructed under Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangement since April 2015.
Concerned citizens of Eastern Nigeria and other stakeholders are appealing to President Buhari to direct the construction company to resume work on the project.
After a private meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on August 26, 2015, the Director
General of Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC), Aminu Diko, had hinted that work on the vital bridge would be suspended.

Dikko said: “The communities around that area are clamouring that their lands have been taken and that they have not been compensated adequately. As a matter of fact, we got a letter from the Onitsha Traditional Rulers Council complaining that they have not been adequately represented in this transaction.”
As that was raging, the Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole called on the former Minister of Works, Mr Mike Onolememen, to explain to Nigerians the whereabouts of the billions meant for the bridge as according to him, $700 million was drawn from the Sovereign Wealth Fund for the project.

The bridge’s contract was awarded by President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan during the second term of former Anambra State Governor Peter Obi.
Onolememen had then assured Nigerians that the project would be completed before the expiration of former President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration in 2015 as part of efforts to deliver on the campaign promises of that government.
But Jonathan lost in the election and immediately the contractor left the site.
The bridge is said to have been reflected in this 2016 Budget with hope that something tangible would be done to construct the bridge.
All the several efforts made by The AUTHORITY to speak with the management, including the Managing Director of Julius Berger Construction Company, Mr. Wolfgang Goetsch, on why work was stopped on the project, proved abortive.

Some stakeholders, however, claimed that the construction giant abandoned work immediately President Buhari took over the mantle of leadership about 10 months ago, following a presidential directive that work at the site should discontinue.
An employee of the firm (name withheld) who claimed he was recruited in April 2014 at the site of the bridge, admitted that Julius Berger had stopped work at the project site since June 2015 due to non-funding by the Federal Government.

1 Like

Re: On Going Work At The Second Niger Bridge by Anambralstson: 6:22am On Apr 03, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

I know many from west are very bitter over these projects, Igbo real enemy in this country is your tribe very hateful tribe, Buhari gave you guys VP, super ministers, and other heads, he is constructing new rail-line from Lagos, Abeokuta and Ibadan with other fg projects , with all your states control by APC governors after all these PMB was struggling to win west during presidential election, Buhari couldn't get three hundred thousand votes from west to edge Atiku, you over hype Tinubu couldn't get 1million votes for Buhari, that alone says a lot about your tribe, at least east is understandable its govern by opposition parties, I personally and my likes appreciate PMB fro 2nd niger bridge, Enugu/Onitsha road, Aba/PH roads and others

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Herdsmen Did Not Kill Daughter Of Afenifere Leader – Buhari Condoles Fasoranti / New Nigerian Of 1970 Captures In Detail How Ojukwu Fled. (image) / Nnamdi Kanu Treated With More Respect In Court By Security Details Than Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.