Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Onnoghen drama : Who has the burden of proof - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen drama : Who has the burden of proof (292 Views)

Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed / Breaking: FG Asks CJN Onnoghen To Vacate Office Over Asset Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Onnoghen drama : Who has the burden of proof by tobechi20(m): 2:31pm On Apr 03, 2019
I used to think that every one is innocent until proven guilty. The recent SARS harassment has made me think twice. every young mab driving a Jeep is arrested for being a yahoo guy. So a young man cannot be rich again. While I admit that many young guys make such money from questionable source,doesn't the onus if proof lie on the persecutor to investigate and have strong evidence linking suspect to a crime before arrest is made. After arrest is made,they transfer the burden of proof to him..." proof how small boy like you make so much money"
if he does not give a satisfactory answer, he is detained. hence, He is guilty until he proves himself innocent.

The same system is now mused in the Onnoghen saga.

(1) (Reply)

ICPC Set To Probe 8th National Assembly Lawmakers Over Constituency Projects / Photos From Governor Wike's Thanksgiving, After He Won Governorship Election / Igbos Have Failed Politically - Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.