Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,131 members, 7,849,543 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:57 PM

NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition (2009 Views)

BREAKING: Tribunal Dismisses Onnoghen’s No-case Submission / EXCLUSIVE: NJC Members Summon Emergency Meeting Over Onnoghen / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by KEVIND: 10:17pm On Apr 03, 2019
The National Judicial Council (NJC) Wednesday dismissed the allegations of false and non-declaration of assets brought against the suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen.
In a statement by the Director of Information, NJC, Soji Oye, the council described the allegations relating to assets declaration levelled against Justice Onnoghen as subjudice and consequently, abstained from considering them.

The decision was reached at the NJC emergency meeting convened to consider the report of the five-man committee constituted to investigate the allegations of misconduct made against Justice Onnoghen and the Acting CJN, Justice Tanko Muhammad.

The Council also said to have reached a decision on the petitions written by Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) against Justice Onnoghen.

While the council has conveyed its decision to President Muhammadu Buhari, it has however resolved that considering the nature of the decision reached, it would be inappropriate to make it public before conveying it to Buhari.

Thus, it is not certain what the Council has emerged with on the said petitions.

One Dennis Aghanya had petitioned the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) earlier in the year, alleging that Justice Onnoghen breached the public service rule by failing to declare some of his assets as stipulated by law.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/njc-dismisses-onnoghen-assets-declaration-petition/
Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by chozzy: 10:20pm On Apr 03, 2019
Each time I wake up to the reality of another Buhari 4yrs,
I feel pity for Nigeria

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by IkalaiyeLOTO: 10:41pm On Apr 03, 2019
NJC just affirmed that the case jurisdiction belongs to the CCT and not them grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by Xisnin(m): 11:33pm On Apr 03, 2019
IkalaiyeLOTO:
NJC just affirmed that the case jurisdiction belongs to the CCT and not them grin
There are two different cases, EFCC and CCT.
The only reason they abstained from the CCT case is because it is currently being litigated.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by englishman411(m): 11:35pm On Apr 03, 2019
Njc should have disclosed their decision to we the citizens of our dear country nigeria rather than handing it over to president buhari, since buhari is the major brain behind the allegations leveled against the cjn.you don't hand an accused over to his accuser.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by Lerio(m): 11:40pm On Apr 03, 2019
So what's the way forward
Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by SarkinYarki: 11:41pm On Apr 03, 2019
From the tone of the NJC I see they are looking for a soft landing for Buhari

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by tinsel: 11:50pm On Apr 03, 2019
Wrong headline. Sensational.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by tuniski: 12:05am On Apr 04, 2019
SarkinYarki:

It is obvious they have dismissed the petition and ask for reinstatement of Onneghen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by Cletus77(m): 12:48am On Apr 04, 2019
When those that are supposed to check the excesses of a government becomes mere rubber stamps
That is no longer democracy!
Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by Cletus77(m): 12:49am On Apr 04, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Exactly. They're trying to make it look like Buhari was not wrong and Onneghen wasn't wrong too
Which may not even be possible

2 Likes

Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by garfield1: 12:51am On Apr 04, 2019
tuniski:

It is obvious they have dismissed the petition and ask for reinstatement of Onneghen.
No sir,it is obvious that they have recommended onnoghen retirement.onnoghen will not be reinstated,continue underestimating buhari

3 Likes

Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by garfield1: 12:52am On Apr 04, 2019
SarkinYarki:
A soft landing for onnoghen actually,rerirement

3 Likes

Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by SarkinYarki: 12:54am On Apr 04, 2019
garfield1:

A soft landing for onnoghen actually,rerirement

Buhari has no power to decide a soft landing for Onnoghen since he has my done anything in the first place
Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by nonsobaba: 1:06am On Apr 04, 2019
Onnoghen will never return as the CJN. Those who advised him that he could confront the GCFR are his real enemies. At the end, he may lose his pension and also end up in the same cell with dasuki. EFCC has not even started with him.

2 Likes

Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by tuniski: 1:21am On Apr 04, 2019
garfield1:

No sir,it is obvious that they have recommended onnoghen retirement.onnoghen will not be reinstated,continue underestimating buhari

No, buhari is a tyrant and won't obey NJC cos he has already declared Onneghen guilty. No adult Nigerian old enuff that doesn't understand we have a monster at hand.

1 Like

Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by Nobody: 3:00am On Apr 04, 2019
kiss
KEVIND:
The National Judicial Council (NJC) Wednesday dismissed the allegations of false and non-declaration of assets brought against the suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen.
In a statement by the Director of Information, NJC, Soji Oye, the council described the allegations relating to assets declaration levelled against Justice Onnoghen as subjudice and consequently, abstained from considering them.

The decision was reached at the NJC emergency meeting convened to consider the report of the five-man committee constituted to investigate the allegations of misconduct made against Justice Onnoghen and the Acting CJN, Justice Tanko Muhammad.

The Council also said to have reached a decision on the petitions written by Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) against Justice Onnoghen.

While the council has conveyed its decision to President Muhammadu Buhari, it has however resolved that considering the nature of the decision reached, it would be inappropriate to make it public before conveying it to Buhari.

Thus, it is not certain what the Council has emerged with on the said petitions.

One Dennis Aghanya had petitioned the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) earlier in the year, alleging that Justice Onnoghen breached the public service rule by failing to declare some of his assets as stipulated by law.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/njc-dismisses-onnoghen-assets-declaration-petition/
Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by Nobody: 3:01am On Apr 04, 2019
cool
SarkinYarki:
Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by Nobody: 3:03am On Apr 04, 2019
good u are smart guy
Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by kahal29: 3:08am On Apr 04, 2019
tuniski:

No, buhari is a tyrant and won't obey NJC cos he has already declared Onneghen guilty. No adult Nigerian old enuff that doesn't understand we have a monster at hand.

Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by Yankee101: 3:12am On Apr 04, 2019
Restore him instead of forcing his retirement
Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by Mace0lane: 3:20am On Apr 04, 2019
I just want to thank God your wail can’t stop his trial. He should prove his innocence like every Nigerian, in a situation where he’s not able to, he should rot in jail.
tuniski:

1 Like

Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by FastShipping: 3:22am On Apr 04, 2019
tuniski:

Smh
Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by kahal29: 3:53am On Apr 04, 2019
tuniski:

No..... on the other hand they absolved Justice Tanko Muhammed of committing any crime and recommended the compulsory retirement of Justice Onnoghen.

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-njc-recommends-onnoghen-for-retirement

Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by budaatum: 4:03am On Apr 04, 2019
chozzy:
Each time I wake up to the reality of another Buhari 4yrs,
I feel pity for Nigeria
Each day I wake up to the reality my bubu is running Nigeria, I'm delighted crooks tremble where they are.

For the next four years!

1 Like

Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by tuniski: 7:49am On Apr 04, 2019
Mace0lane:
I just want to thank God your wail can’t stop his trial. He should prove his innocence like every Nigerian, in a situation where he’s not able to, he should rot in jail.
Everything is about wailing. Are you Okay?
Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by tuniski: 8:43am On Apr 04, 2019
kahal29:

No..... on the other hand they absolved Justice Tanko Muhammed of committing any crime and recommended the compulsory retirement of Justice Onnoghen.

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-njc-recommends-onnoghen-for-retirement

Another media merry go round and the BMC feast. Shior
Re: NJC Dismisses Onnoghen Assets Declaration Petition by garfield1: 8:53am On Apr 04, 2019
tuniski:

So you know and you still argue blindly? The njc can only recommend to buhari but cant compel him.anyway,they just recommended as i predicted.watchout pdp will not produce any leader in nass

(1) (Reply)

Okowa Reacts To Reappointment Of Emefiele As CBN Gov By Buhari / The Transformative City Gov.umahi Created At Ohaozara Local Govt In Ebonyi State / Rivers Has All It Takes To Fight The PDP - Wike Threatens Again (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.