Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,229 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Did You Watch Tales By Moonlight As A Kid? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Did You Watch Tales By Moonlight As A Kid? (1793 Views)

Which Of These Nollywood Movies Did You Watch As A Kid? (pics) / Which Was Your Favourite Cartoon As A Kid? (pictures) / Tales By Moonlight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Watch Tales By Moonlight As A Kid? by okuya: 5:33pm On Sep 10, 2010
went to a friends house recently, and there were other visitors there too all us should be between our early and mid 30's in age, suddenly for some reasons I cant explain, our discussions turned to the old NTA programme TALES BY MOONLIGHT, you needed to see the joy expressed on our faces just remembering that good old programme, to our amazement there were tears in the eyes of one of the women with us that evening, she said it reminded her of the good old days, cuddling with her brothers and sisters every sunday evening by 6.p.m, free from all worries and eager to see the new trick the the wise tortoise has to play,.
For me TALES BY MOONLIGHT reminds me of my lonely sunday evenings as a kid ( as mum worked weekends), ironing my school uniforms for monday schools, sometimes the programme made me laugh, sometimes made me cry, and most often scared me silly when there were spirit or ghost scenes, that I had to abandon watching the black and white president t.v and run out to the balcony with no one to keep me company. How could I 4get the opening scene, kids playing in the stream, children playing games, the spirit taken someone away into the forest, and the good old tales by moonlght musical taan- taanran-taan-taaran-tan!, tantantaarantaraanran ta!, it also reminded me of other programmes like, WILLI-WILLI, POT OF LIFE, SAMANJA, COCK CROW@DAWN, BEHIND THE CLOUDS, JAGUAR, KOKO CLOSE,SECOND CHANCE ZEBRUDAYA, BASI & COMPANY, FEYIKOGBON and foreign programmes like SCOOBY -DOO, THE THING, FAMOUS-FIVE, SESAME STREET, RETURN OF THE SAINT, CHARLIES ANGEL, FIRE HOUSE e t.c
God! Mum should have preserved that good old black & white tv to always remind me of those good old days!!

Tell us, what does the programme remind you?
Re: Did You Watch Tales By Moonlight As A Kid? by montelik(m): 5:46pm On Sep 10, 2010
Tales by moonlight. WOW. I remember, the costumes they used for their stories involving animals were really poor. But at that age I was never really concerned with such. 6pm every sunday on NTA. Men I don old oh grin
Re: Did You Watch Tales By Moonlight As A Kid? by kobikwelu(m): 2:25pm On Sep 11, 2010
OMG!!!

the good old days,

sundays by 6:00pm

i dunt miss the show,

now a -days, try such a show and you are on your own cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Did You Watch Tales By Moonlight As A Kid? by kobikwelu(m): 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2010
@post

also remmember

DR WHO
Re: Did You Watch Tales By Moonlight As A Kid? by MrsSiena1(f): 9:44pm On Sep 15, 2010
Yes I did. I loved it then it was very entertaining and educative. Watched Voltron, Palace,Sesame Street, Famous Five, Newsline even Wrestling was interesting in those days too. Lol.

Those were the days cheesy
Re: Did You Watch Tales By Moonlight As A Kid? by Emmyk(m): 5:03pm On Sep 16, 2010
SAME HERE grin shocked shocked shocked
Re: Did You Watch Tales By Moonlight As A Kid? by obinna5000(m): 7:12pm On Sep 16, 2010
"Tales By Moonlight" was a classic. cool "Story Land" was another good one back in the days.
Re: Did You Watch Tales By Moonlight As A Kid? by teeluv(m): 9:58pm On Sep 16, 2010
gosh all of a sudden i feel old,
Re: Did You Watch Tales By Moonlight As A Kid? by SubmitYour: 10:41pm On Sep 16, 2010
Incredible how the time passes by so fast,
Re: Did You Watch Tales By Moonlight As A Kid? by xreal: 4:19pm On Sep 19, 2010
Tales by moonlight; there culdn't be another title that best-fit that prog.
Yeah, what a memory.
6p.m, every sunday. Those creatures by the stream -one of them turn its gaze slowly from right to left - so scary.

Cock crow at dawn;
NTA shld have a library/store where these brilliant series can be bought. I remember Tony ( NTA boss) present a copy to OBJ on a visit to NTA ABUJA while in office; I said to myself - this is the best souvenir from NTA to OBJ.
I need copies, really.

Giringory, Chief Zebrudaya, Jegede, Amebo et.c
What a pity, most of these characters are late.
It's painful seeing dumb progs in color being broadcast on same station today.

What amazes me is the fact that these memorable plays were acted, staged, produced, directed by the then -junior staff of NTA.

One other thing, no power failure then.
GOD help us.
Re: Did You Watch Tales By Moonlight As A Kid? by viquetour(m): 11:33am On Sep 20, 2010
gawd! it reminds me of lonely
sunday evenings too! it was my companion too.who recal '7 lucky kids' tho it was a muvee,bt as a kid i watch it lyk 15 tyms.omg
Re: Did You Watch Tales By Moonlight As A Kid? by chic2pimp(m): 5:53pm On Sep 21, 2010
Hehehe The good ol' days grin grin cheesy. (*whistling to the theme tune*) grin. Does anyone know where I can download episodes and re watch em' again?
Re: Did You Watch Tales By Moonlight As A Kid? by chic2pimp(m): 2:57am On Dec 28, 2013
Tales By Moonlight!

(1) (Reply)

Latest 2019 Movie / Top 10 Young Nigerian Actors In 2020 / Berserk Anime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.