Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Top 10 Young Nigerian Actors In 2020 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Top 10 Young Nigerian Actors In 2020 (1810 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Actors In Hollywood. / Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles / 10 Young Artistes You Should Know From The New School (wave) Of Nigerian Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Young Nigerian Actors In 2020 by GhostMax(m): 3:58pm On Aug 11, 2020
Scanning through the Nollywood film industry from 2010, as a movie lover, you should agree with me when I say it is a no-brainer that it has improved over time. Talking of the quality of the blockbuster movies they make, the budget they spend into making their films, the production, the highly skilled actors and actresses surfacing, and so many points I didn’t highlight.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12107935_picsart072810_41_42_jpeg4678ffcc0b38af9f93c1d687bb44b814

Talking of top movies by Nigerians, I do not even need to dig very deep before getting you to be in my rhythm. Most have seen the magic in films like King of Boys, The Wedding Party, Isoken, Merry Men, Living in Bondage, October 1, Your Excellency, Nimbe, The Delivery Boy, Elevator Baby, and mehn… the list is a very long one. Now, to make such movies, you should consider all they had to put into it: the directors, the whole crew, and the casts.
With this article, I will be discussing ten young and promising actors and actresses I have observed over the years in the Nollywood movie industry that have been doing great and will be doing great in the industry.

1. Timini Egbuson

From Tobi in the Shuga drama series, Mohammed in Skinny Girl in Transit, and Dare Williams in the award-winning Elevator Baby movie. Award-winning actor, Timini Egbuson has shown to be ready for the acting business with his top performances in his past acting roles.

Timini Egbuson is a native of Bayelsa state who was born on June 10, 1987. He is a younger brother to top Nollywood actress Dakore Egbuson-Akande, and has been in the game since 2010, where he featured on M-net's soap opera Tinsel. Timini graduated with a degree in Psychology from the University of Lagos. He won the Best Actor in a Drama at the 2020 African Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards for his acting role in the Elevator Baby movie.

Timini Egbuson has been a favorite for most Nollywood movie fans, especially the ladies, who won't stop talking about his cuteness. I believe he has what it takes to take the Nollywood film industry to greater heights as he seems to be a very determined young actor. He once said in an interview with The Punch that his motivation was that he feared embarrassing his sister, Dakore.

2. Jemima Osunde

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12107936_picsart072809_49_22_jpeg263898e3ed703425c570e0326ea717f5

If you thought I would leave out a Physiotherapist on this list, you had better think again. Jemima Osunde, who graduated with a degree in Physiotherapy from the University of Lagos, has been one of the new big guns in the Nollywood movie industry. She is well-known for her role as Leila in the MTV television series Shuga.

Jemima has made appearances in movies such as 'My Wife & I' in 2017, where she played the Ireti Akinyele character, The Delivery Boy in 2018, as Nkem, New Money (2018) as Toun, and as Adaeze in the 2018 Lionheart movie. Jemima was nominated as the Best Actress in a Leading Role at the 15th Africa Movie Academy Awards for her role in The Delivery Boy movie in 2018.

Jemima Osunde has dealt with every role given to her as a Nollywood movie actress and does seem to have what it takes to dominate the Nigerian movie industry.

3. Tomiwa Tegbe

Is the MTV Shuga television series like an academy for young actors? Because we just got to number three on my list and the TV series already produced three actors, wow.

So, who is Tomiwa Tegbe? Tomiwa is a young Nigerian actor from Ibadan, Oyo state. He is a graduate of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), where he finished with a BSc in the Department of Environmental Management and Toxicology. Tomiwa started acting in 2011 and has made notable appearances in popular films like MTV Shuga, Kasala, Kasanova, Psycho, Ehis Bitters, On the Real, amongst others.

A promising actor indeed, who is more intelligent than the characters he plays in his movies, looks to be determined for the campaign to rule the Nollywood film industry.

Nairaland has limited options for photos and I'd like you to have a picture of everyone on my list, so I will direct you guys to the article I published on UPreviews.net to complete my list of promising actors in the Nollywood movie industry.
Re: Top 10 Young Nigerian Actors In 2020 by DICKstractor: 5:14pm On Aug 11, 2020
Nollywood fans, is it true?
Re: Top 10 Young Nigerian Actors In 2020 by GhostMax(m): 7:29pm On Aug 11, 2020
If you've seen any of those guys in any movie, you'd agree with the article.
Re: Top 10 Young Nigerian Actors In 2020 by GhostMax(m): 4:01am On Aug 18, 2020
Full list on UPreviews.net starring the likes of Abayomi Alvin from Kasanova movie.
Re: Top 10 Young Nigerian Actors In 2020 by GhostMax(m): 5:18am On Aug 19, 2020
You can check up the beautiful website where this is sourced from, UPreviews.net.

(1) (Reply)

The 5 Richest Superheroes / Trending Movie Discussion / Who In The House Knows The Code To Break Scrambled Channels On Mytv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.