Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Solved:My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Solved:My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC (1682 Views)

My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC / It's Medically Wrong To Use The AC Just Immediately You Enter Your Hot Car / My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solved:My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by lwise(m): 12:03pm On Apr 06, 2019
Wao,I'm relieved,all the change engine,change Tyre,change battery gang,I finally got the solution.

I got a mechanics contact who finally solve the problem :

1. He changed the fuel pump
2. Cleaned the air filter and the Idle Air Control Valve (IACV).
3. 2 plugs were bad,he changed them too
4. We discovered that the coils have cracks on its body,he advise I buy new one instead of tokunbo.I bought 4 and replace the old ones.

The car drives smoothly now even with the AC.

I can't imagine driving in this hot weather without AC.Thanks to the nairalander that gave the mechanics number.

https://www.nairaland.com/5111588/car-speed-reduces-whenever-switch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solved:My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:38pm On Apr 06, 2019
congrats!!
in the meantime get urself a scanner and stop guessing with ur mechanic.....

it would have immensely helped u resolve the issue in a timely and accurate manner!

all those change change people were only giving u solutions based on their experiences.... it's left for u to be wise and use discretion in handling them....

no need to taunt them!

3 Likes

Re: Solved:My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by numen(m): 6:22pm On Apr 07, 2019
@bolded...You car has four coils?

Congrats sha.
lwise:
Wao,I'm relieved,all the change engine,change Tyre,change battery gang,I finally got the solution.

I got a mechanics contact who finally solve the problem :

1. He changed the fuel pump
2. Cleaned the air filter and the Idle Air Control Valve (IACV).
3. 2 plugs were bad,he changed them too
4. We discovered that the coils have cracks on its body,he advise I buy new one instead of tokunbo.I bought 4 and replace the old ones.

The car drives smoothly now even with the AC.

I can't imagine driving in this hot weather without AC.Thanks to the nairalander that gave the mechanics number.

https://www.nairaland.com/5111588/car-speed-reduces-whenever-switch
Re: Solved:My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Waleyem(m): 6:28pm On Apr 08, 2019
But my mechanic said Tokubo coil is better than new one,I use Rav4 2001..pls advice
Re: Solved:My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:07pm On Apr 08, 2019
Waleyem:
But my mechanic said Tokubo coil is better than new one,I use Rav4 2001..pls advice

in descending order of originality and usability
Original New
Tokunbo
Cloned new.

the choice is urs!
Re: Solved:My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by lwise(m): 3:26pm On Apr 11, 2019
obekediamondfuto:
congrats!!
in the meantime get urself a scanner and stop guessing with ur mechanic.....

it would have immensely helped u resolve the issue in a timely and accurate manner!

all those change change people were only giving u solutions based on their experiences.... it's left for u to be wise and use discretion in handling them....

no need to taunt them!

I've gotten a scanner Auto Link scanner
Re: Solved:My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by lwise(m): 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2019
Waleyem:

Tokunbo? What if it will expire 2 weeks after purchase, how will you know?

I have a guy that sells original Hyundai parts.
Re: Solved:My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:04pm On Apr 11, 2019
lwise:

I've gotten a scanner Auto Link scanner

nice one bro, Now u can spread the good news around....

get family and friends enlightened so they don't walk blindly

once u have any performance issue with ur vehicle the first thing to do is to scan.....
Re: Solved:My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by mejai(m): 10:37pm On Apr 11, 2019
So i was almost ryt in ur previous post grin

(1) (Reply)

Peugeot 806, Volkswagen Sharan And Toyota Sienna For Interstate Transport / Halla Or Primera. . . / Do I Choose Toyota Corolla(2011) Or Rav4 (2005)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.