Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration (4145 Views)

5G: Deployment Won't Affect Nigerians Health - NCC Assures NASS / Interconnect Debt: NCC Assures No Telecom Subscriber’ll Be Disconnected / NCC Assures Of Improved Telecom Consumers’ Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration by sophsia62: 4:29am On Apr 08, 2019
The Executive Vice Chairman of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Prof Umar Garba Danbatta, has said the commission is ready to drive the process of attaining 70 per cent broadband penetration in the next couple of years, if that is set as the new target by the federal government.

Speaking at the weekend, while delivering a goodwill message at an investment summit of Kaduna State Government, tagged ‘KADINVEST 4.0’, Danbatta expressed optimism about the commitment of the agency towards taking the broadband penetration to the next level.

“When I was appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari in 2015, broadband penetration was only 8.5 per cent. It has now risen to 33 per cent, an equivalent of 63 million Nigerians enjoying the services. I am particularly thrilled to see that the rising trend has not only been sustained, but the NCC is now ready to take it to the next level,” Danbatta said.

Nigeria had in November 2018, attained its 30 per cent broadband target of December 2018 through measures and strategies put in place by the NCC under the leadership of Danbatta, a development that has attracted industry-wide commendations.

Speaking further at the occasion, Danbatta, however, urged Fleek Network Limited, the licensed Infraco for the North West to quickly mobilise to site with a view to deploying broadband infrastructure to the region.

At least, six infrastructure companies (Infracos) have been licensed by the NCC under the leadership of Danbatta, to drive the deployment of broadband infrastructure across the nation’s geopolitical zones and Lagos State, which is a zone on its own due to the sheer size of its market.

The license for the North central region remaining is currently being processed, according to NCC.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/04/ncc-assures-nigerians-of-70-broadband.html

1 Share

Re: NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration by jauntty: 4:33am On Apr 08, 2019
Story for the oracles

The only "Penetration" right now is the way MTN, GLO, AIRTEL and 9mobile are raping Nigerians out of the money

Let NCC start by ensuring good call qualities

Stop Airtel from zapping my data

Tell Glo to fix their slow snail crawling network

Tell MTN to stop subscribing me to some useless weekly quotes

Then we can now talk about broadband penetration

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration by Lexusgs430: 4:34am On Apr 08, 2019
Story for the Shrine........ Vision 2000.... Nigeria would be fully electrified..........

1 Like

Re: NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration by Amuocha: 4:35am On Apr 08, 2019
Which form of penetration?

1 Like

Re: NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration by Lexusgs430: 4:36am On Apr 08, 2019
Amuocha:
Which form of penetration?

Maybe the olosho kind of penetration........ cheesy

10 Likes

Re: NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration by Opexzy: 4:37am On Apr 08, 2019
I think this one good sector of the economy... They just have to be more serious about what they do... But that word "penetration" though... grin
Re: NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration by fr3do(m): 4:38am On Apr 08, 2019
Haha penetration giggity

3 Likes

Re: NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration by Nobody: 4:41am On Apr 08, 2019
talk is cheap.... talk the talk, do the do

1 Like

Re: NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration by Jackpat(m): 5:01am On Apr 08, 2019
I no understand angry
Re: NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration by Emyemyberry(m): 5:05am On Apr 08, 2019
oga u dey lie: it was more than 8.5%,

“When I was appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari in 2015, broadband penetration was only 8.5 per cent. It has now risen to 33 per cent, an equivalent of 63 million Nigerians

1 Like

Re: NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration by tomdon(m): 5:08am On Apr 08, 2019
Imagine taking pride in the growth of something that they're obstacles to its expansion

1 Like

Re: NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration by tomdon(m): 5:11am On Apr 08, 2019
jauntty:
Story for the oracles

The only "Penetration" right now is the way MTN, GLO, AIRTEL and 9mobile are raping Nigerians out of the money

Let NCC start by ensuring good call qualities

Stop Airtel from zapping my data

Tell Glo to fix their slow snail crawling network

Tell MTN to stop subscribing me to some useless weekly quotes

Then we can now talk about broadband penetration

Glo should not even be counted among internet providers.

5 Likes

Re: NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration by lawaljuliuss(m): 5:11am On Apr 08, 2019
OK sir

Re: NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration by Oziahete(m): 5:12am On Apr 08, 2019
What I want from NCC is to put a benchmark on the internet speed of service providers. At least we should be able to get 2MBPS. Just ordinary series of 120 MB, Glo will be telling me 4345224 days left to download.

4 Likes

Re: NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration by Nobody: 5:22am On Apr 08, 2019

1 Like

Re: NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration by Daniel058(m): 5:26am On Apr 08, 2019
Pls help me beg Airtel to give me data that will be useful to me, I like how fast their 3g browses but they zap my data.

As for glow, they give u data and collect their network. If they can fix network issues , if their signal � is always active, glo will be the best sim for internet connection.
Re: NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration by Daniel058(m): 5:29am On Apr 08, 2019
Oziahete:
What I want from NCC is to put a benchmark on the internet speed of service providers. At least we should be able to get 2MBPS. Just ordinary series of 120 MB, Glo will be telling me 4345224 days left to download.
lol, not as bad as that here
Re: NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration by Nobody: 5:55am On Apr 08, 2019
Promise and fail government

1 Like

Re: NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration by youngsahito(m): 6:05am On Apr 08, 2019
what method are they deploying for Nigerians to get cheap data and make the internet browsing faster...They should compel glo to work on it's internet connection.
Re: NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration by Nbote(m): 6:59am On Apr 08, 2019
I don't like 70% penetration.. E neva enta finish b dat

1 Like

Re: NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration by freemanbubble: 7:00am On Apr 08, 2019
Okay
Re: NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration by alabi484(m): 8:10am On Apr 08, 2019
Glo is definitely not in that number...shitty network
Re: NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration by chinedu1010: 11:23am On Apr 08, 2019
what is this guy saying ?

(1) (Reply)

What's The Best Brand For TV, AC And Fridge Please? / Tecno M3 Is Operating Itself / Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.