Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,344 members, 7,836,414 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

How I Quit Smoking With Pleasure - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Quit Smoking With Pleasure (346 Views)

Reverse All The Side Effects Of Smoking With Live Pure Cleanse / Work-life Balance: Can Mixing Business With Pleasure Affect You? / 4 Facts That Might Make You Quit Swimming In Public Pools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Quit Smoking With Pleasure by raluchi1: 3:42pm On Apr 08, 2019
Its funny, that cigarette is the only consumable with the warning, that you can die while smoking it.
Interesting isn't it that even with that warning, we still light up a stick? Aye, one thing must kill a man.... I am a handsome, tall dark man, 5ft 11. I started smoking from the young age of 17, yeah, I had to be cool like my mates. Now even when when I chose not to be cool, I could not "uncool" myself because the addiction has set in, etched deeply in my mental makeup I must smoke within 1 hour of waking up, I must smoke after eating... otherwise .....
At 32 years of age, I noticed I could not climb the stairs without almost collapsing. Running? almost impossible. You see Carbon monoxide in cigarettes reduces the amount of oxygen available to the muscles, brain and blood. This means the whole body—especially the heart—must work harder. Over time this causes airways to narrow and blood pressure to rise, which can lead to heart attack and stroke.
The smoking has taken it's toll on me, but no heart attack no stroke yet, so I continued to smoke.
Fast forward to 35 years of age, I decided to quit. I tried various means, going cold turkey, nicotine patches etc. Did not work! At 38 years now, I quit completely with regular monitoring, a personal quit plan & smoking cessation kits.

I can now taste my Food
I can breathe well
I can climb the stairs like a young man.
I can Jog!
And most importantly, I can kiss my wife! wink
You dont have to wait till tobacco takes its toll on you. Help yourself, help someone quit today. Smokers need help! Get a free quit plan and the help you need here https://oopsjuice.com/webforms/index/index/id/4/
https://oopsjuice.com/webforms/index/index/id/4/

1 Like

Re: How I Quit Smoking With Pleasure by johnpologyidea(m): 3:51pm On Apr 08, 2019
You're a living testimony... grin wink cool shocked sad angry embarassed
Re: How I Quit Smoking With Pleasure by bumpercj: 4:07pm On Apr 08, 2019
raluchi1:
Its funny, that cigarette is the only consumable with the warning, that you can die while smoking it.
Interesting isn't it that even with that warning, we still light up a stick? Aye, one thing must kill a man.... I am a handsome, tall dark man, 5ft 11. I started smoking from the young age of 17, yeah, I had to be cool like my mates. Now even when when I chose not to be cool, I could not "uncool" myself because the addiction has set in, etched deeply in my mental makeup I must smoke within 1 hour of waking up, I must smoke after eating... otherwise .....
At 32 years of age, I noticed I could not climb the stairs without almost collapsing. Running? almost impossible. You see Carbon monoxide in cigarettes reduces the amount of oxygen available to the muscles, brain and blood. This means the whole body—especially the heart—must work harder. Over time this causes airways to narrow and blood pressure to rise, which can lead to heart attack and stroke.
The smoking has taken it's toll on me, but no heart attack no stroke yet, so I continued to smoke.
Fast forward to 35 years of age, I decided to quit. I tried various means, going cold turkey, nicotine patches etc. Did not work! At 38 years now, I quit completely with regular monitoring, a personal quit plan & smoking cessation kits.

I can now taste my Food
I can breathe well
I can climb the stairs like a young man.
I can Jog!
And most importantly, I can kiss my wife! wink
You dont have to wait till tobacco takes its toll on you. Help yourself, help someone quit today. Smokers need help! Get a free quit plan and the help you need here https://oopsjuice.com/webforms/index/index/id/4/
https://oopsjuice.com/webforms/index/index/id/4/

(1) (Reply)

Ovulation Precede Pregnancy!! / Handwashing Habit Can Save Nigeria From 150,000 Annual Deaths – Epidemiologist / Expert To Men: No Amount Of Exercise Will Increase Your Penis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.