Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically (20432 Views)

Okorocha: 'Igbos Will Lose More If Nigeria Breaks Up' / Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Cannot Make Presidency Alone / Okorocha: Igbos Will Get Nothing In Buhari’s Second Term For Not Voting For PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by themomentng: 10:59pm On Apr 08, 2019
The outgoing Imo state governor, Rochas Okorocha, Monday gave what he described as two reasons the Igbo people failed woefully in Nigeria politics.

According to Okorocha, while briefing newsmen at the government House in Owerri, said that one of the reasons was that the Igbo people failed to accept the light coming to them.

He also said that the Igbo also did not appreciate the person who came to assist them.

Okorocha went on to say that he was confident that his certificate of return as Senator-elect for Imo West, would be given to him attributing what has been delaying his certificate of return, to game of politics.

The governor also said he gave banks in Nigeria, seven days ultimatum to tell the world whether he has borrowed any money from them. He also challenged civil servants in the state, to open up whether his government was owing them.

On the Imo West senatorial election, he said: “Elections have come and gone and we are dealing with the outcome. For the Imo West senatorial election, somebody said that he declared the result under duress. The truth is that the gentleman was employed to do a hatchet job and he could not do that.

“The drama is that he had another option he wanted to declare it in Owerri, at first he said there was no result and at a point he entered the toilet and suddenly he saw the results sheets and shouted who dropped this result here. What it means is that there is a game.

“I think that the INEC, should do the needful. We are in court and I think that we don’t need much procedure to do the right thing.”

On the allegation that he was engaging in illegal withdrawal of funds and selling government property, Okorocha said: “After that declaration, Imo PDP, went to town with the allegation that I have withdrew N17 billion. It is not possible.

“I have said this time without number, and I gave banks in Nigeria, seven days ultimatum to come and tell the world If I have borrowed from the banks any money not only that, I am not owing any worker in Imo state, I also challenged them in seven days to come out and say the truth.

“I am happy to bow out of government but I want to appeal that there should be peace in the land. There should be tolerance in the land. I here that they are counting my property, they should also go to Abuja, and count the ones in Abuja.”

Adding that, “Igbo have failed politically for two reason, not to accept the light that has come to them and also not to appreciate the leaders that have come to help them.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/04/igbo-have-failed-politically-okorocha/%3famp

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by babdap: 11:02pm On Apr 08, 2019
village people

3 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by Colonelswitz101(m): 11:26pm On Apr 08, 2019
It is u okoroawusa whom have failed urself and ur unborn generation....ewu

125 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by Ziggylady(f): 11:28pm On Apr 08, 2019
Okoroawusa you are a bascard!...You are the one who have failed woefully just like we all predicted..

Apart from the fact you are clownishly incompetent,APC has no place for Igbos from the get-go and you were told,therefore carry your failure on your head alone and quit crying like a coliky baby.

Foolish man

122 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by sodiqapril(m): 11:40pm On Apr 08, 2019
Crook!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by sweerychick(f): 12:11am On Apr 09, 2019
Wailing wailer! Honestly when people get intoxicated the don't know what they're doing. But when it finally clears the now realize how foolishly they acted. Okorocha is a good example. You rode through the corridors of powers by those who helped you, on reaching to the top you abandoned your friends, used government machinery to destroy people's lives and properties. Who can ever forget Roch okorocha even the name is a taboo in Imo state.
You insulted Igbos just to get national sympathy and be considered as a liberal igbo person especially to the Yorubas and hausa who see you as more of a Nigerian than Igbo, but in return you forget that recognition begins at home and no one would want to associate with someone that is ready to backstab his tribe just to gain national recognition. Okorocha you are a classic betrayer, a traitor, an opportunist, a con artist, a bloody lair, an ungrateful person, a greedy scum and overall a failure... Your woes has just begun. May 29th is around the corner get ready to go and face karma. It's lonely at the top and very hot at the bottom grin angry sad

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by Himmler: 12:30am On Apr 09, 2019
No sir, it's you that have failed politically

16 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by nyben231101: 4:17am On Apr 09, 2019
Democracy is all about personal intrests and choice. Your people rejected someone twice, why are you bitter about it?

They knew there would be consequences if their preferred Candidate lost due to the vindictive nature of your Lord, allow them to face it.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by izombie(m): 5:54am On Apr 09, 2019
Rochas, the only people that failed woefully are the people that voted for you to go to the senate.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by Nobody: 6:40am On Apr 09, 2019
When you igbos realize how much damage you have done to yourselves politically, you will beg Yorubas to teach you politics. Keep voting PDP that won't even consider an igbo person worthy of their presidential ticket for 24 years. People like Rochas worked hard to liberate igbos but you can only force a horse to the stream, drinking water remains a choice for the horse (igbos).

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by jlinkd78(m): 6:51am On Apr 09, 2019
sweerychick:
Wailing wailer! Honestly when people get intoxicated the don't know what they're doing. But when it finally clears the now realize how foolishly they acted. Okorocha is a good example. You rode through the corridors of powers by those who helped you, on reaching to the top you abandoned your friends, used government machinery to destroy people's lives and properties. Who can ever forget Roch okorocha even the name is a taboo in Imo state.
You insulted Igbos just to get national sympathy and be considered as a liberal igbo person especially to the Yorubas and hausa who see you as more of a Nigerian than Igbo, but in return you forget that recognition begins at home and no one would want to associate with someone that is ready to backstab his tribe just to gain national recognition. Okorocha you are a classic betrayer, a traitor, an opportunist, a con artist, a bloody lair, an ungrateful person, a greedy scum and overall a failure... Your woes has just begun. May 29th is around the corner get ready to go and face karma. It's lonely at the top and very hot at the bottom grin angry sad
u really summed up Dee Roche here.

7 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by Pekele007: 7:11am On Apr 09, 2019
Ejimagifty:
When you igbos realize how much damage you have done to yourselves politically, you will beg Yorubas to teach you politics. Keep voting PDP that won't even consider an igbo person worthy of their presidential ticket for 24 years. People like Rochas worked hard to liberate igbos but you can only force a horse to the stream, drinking water remains a choice for her horse (igbos).

You and Okorocha should liberate yourselves first.

Someone who couldn't even win his senatorial district is trying to liberate a whole tribe? How do you even think?

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by goodnessme1(f): 7:15am On Apr 09, 2019
Just tell us you have fail politically.
You want to become Tinubu in east,
do you think igbos are zonebs like people from waste.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by reality1010: 7:33am On Apr 09, 2019
themomentng:
The outgoing Imo state governor, Rochas Okorocha, Monday gave what he described as two reasons the Igbo people failed woefully in Nigeria politics.

According to Okorocha, while briefing newsmen at the government House in Owerri, said that one of the reasons was that the Igbo people failed to accept the light coming to them.

He also said that the Igbo also did not appreciate the person who came to assist them.

Okorocha went on to say that he was confident that his certificate of return as Senator-elect for Imo West, would be given to him attributing what has been delaying his certificate of return, to game of politics.

The governor also said he gave banks in Nigeria, seven days ultimatum to tell the world whether he has borrowed any money from them. He also challenged civil servants in the state, to open up whether his government was owing them.

On the Imo West senatorial election, he said: “Elections have come and gone and we are dealing with the outcome. For the Imo West senatorial election, somebody said that he declared the result under duress. The truth is that the gentleman was employed to do a hatchet job and he could not do that.

“The drama is that he had another option he wanted to declare it in Owerri, at first he said there was no result and at a point he entered the toilet and suddenly he saw the results sheets and shouted who dropped this result here. What it means is that there is a game.

“I think that the INEC, should do the needful. We are in court and I think that we don’t need much procedure to do the right thing.”

On the allegation that he was engaging in illegal withdrawal of funds and selling government property, Okorocha said: “After that declaration, Imo PDP, went to town with the allegation that I have withdrew N17 billion. It is not possible.

“I have said this time without number, and I gave banks in Nigeria, seven days ultimatum to come and tell the world If I have borrowed from the banks any money not only that, I am not owing any worker in Imo state, I also challenged them in seven days to come out and say the truth.

“I am happy to bow out of government but I want to appeal that there should be peace in the land. There should be tolerance in the land. I here that they are counting my property, they should also go to Abuja, and count the ones in Abuja.”

Adding that, “Igbo have failed politically for two reason, not to accept the light that has come to them and also not to appreciate the leaders that have come to help them.”
This man is deeply ignorant of the Igbo ppl.Right frm colonial time,d Igbo v always resisted impositiob.Ask Lord Lugard.It was d rejection of his Warrant Officers,other officers and d corrupt system of Indirect rule by d Ngwa ppl that led his his removal and later d Aba Women Roit of 1929 ib d whole of Abia&Akwa Ibom states nw.It also iniated d reorganisation of indigenous socio political system.Meanwhile,the whole corrupt system was being praticed and successful in d North and South West.After d Civil War Asika Ukpabio was rejected by d Igbo ppl and d personality went into oblivion till today.Even if APC makes Rochas its presidential candidate,d Igbo ppl will vote against him.What is 2015 and 2019 compared to 1929,1966 and d whole of military regimes when d North ruled with d Southwest&South South?And what wud u say of d country Nigeria which they supritended?Truth: D Igbo man has a strong pride of greatness!

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by hisexcellency34: 7:36am On Apr 09, 2019
Failed for failing to vote your son in law?

7 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by Heyzee5: 7:36am On Apr 09, 2019
Okay.
Check my signature to make legit income online.
Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by northvietnam(m): 7:36am On Apr 09, 2019
See this Crippled one legged man talking ..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by iAmViper(m): 7:37am On Apr 09, 2019
Everyone knows that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by DonHummer(m): 7:37am On Apr 09, 2019
you okorocha is the one that failed. Trying to impose your son in-law to become the succeeding Governor. I think power really intoxicates cause a normal igbo man won't even think of harbouring such idea knowing fully well how an average ibgo man reasons

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by MyGeneration(m): 7:37am On Apr 09, 2019
I am Igbo. Only few Igbo's who know wasup know that Okorocha is saying the truth.

But our brothers would never listen, they can't think beyond their noses.

Its 90percent obvious that Igbo's should forget about 2023 presidency. Its just too obvious. And it pains me so much, we knew the strategy and the ways to go about it, but they choose to listen to a degenerate called Nnamdi KANU instead of disowning him. Imagine a set of people who would make somebody like Nnamdi KANU a leader, a man that talks anyhow and speaks with so much ignorance lipsrsealed.

God please save us.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by naijjaman(m): 7:38am On Apr 09, 2019
shocked

No wonder why they accused him of not being a real igbo man.

How can people fail because they are wiser?

You and your brother-in-law failed. lipsrsealed undecided

4 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by chukwuibuipob: 7:38am On Apr 09, 2019
cool Okorocha is right .Ipob are set of ungrateful lots..Wonder why their fl@theads nor allow dem to reason well.All dey sabi nah chest beating, development of Dubai (Robbery), cultist in Malaysia, drug in India, Indonesia etc.And back home,developed fake and substandard products etc.Igwe here N there.

12 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by Emenikesixx: 7:39am On Apr 09, 2019
... Says someone who had never supported his follow igbo brother

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by Soso990240(m): 7:40am On Apr 09, 2019
Baba u are drowning politically... u are just angry u wount be d next senate president..

11 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by Iamgrey5(m): 7:40am On Apr 09, 2019
Shanku !

Leg work,

Shanku

Leg work cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by Emenikesixx: 7:40am On Apr 09, 2019
vata6363:
Read below it
We're tired of seeing this bornemouth predictions

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically by enshi(m): 7:43am On Apr 09, 2019
When are we excommunicating this man from the land of the rising sun

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Don’t Desecrate Church With Propaganda, Bishop Tells APC, Buhari, Tinubu / Buhari Pictured With David Cameron In New York / Ali Cancels ‘permanent Posting’ In Customs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.