Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,301 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello (15306 Views)

I’m Not Desperate To Be President — Peter Obi Insists / El-Rufai Kneels Down, Begs Kogi People To Forgive Yahaya Bello / Salary: My Deputy Deliberately Embarrassing Me – Yahaya Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by nairavsdollars(f): 6:41am On Apr 09, 2019
* Relocates To Abuja As APC Moves To Deny Him Ticket

Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

With few months to the conduct of the governorship election in Kogi State, the state governor,Yahaya Bello, who is seeking reelection, has practically abandoned governance and has temporarily relocated to Abuja to lobby President Muhammadu Buhari, first lady Aisha Buhari and other leaders of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

Bello, who was sworn in as the fourth civilian governor of Kogi State on January 27, 2016, was picked by the leadership of the APC to replace the late Abubakar Audu, the original party’s candidate who died before the governorship election held on November 21, 2015 was concluded.

Audu was leading the candidate of the PDP, former Gov. Idris Wada, before the election was declared inconclusive by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Many had thought the late Audu’s running mate, James Faleke, a serving member of the House of Representatives, would replace him, but the party’s leadership led by its former national chairman, John Odigie-Oyegun, opted for Bello, who emerged first runner-up in the party’s primaries.

Since assuming office, he has been having running battle with some stakeholders in the state especially those who were aggrieved with the manner with which he emerged as the beneficiary of the late Audu’s ticket.

Sources also alleged that aside issues of unpaid salaries which has given Kogi a negative image amongst the 36 states in the country, the governor is also in the habit of fighting everyone, especially the leadership of the party in his state, House of Assembly members and serving federal lawmakers.

Sources in the state told Daily Independent that since the conclusion of the presidential election which was won by President Buhari, the governor is rarely seen in the state as he has practically relocated to Abuja where he is lobbying major stakeholders in the party as well as those in the presidency to give him a soft landing.

It was also reported that while Adams Oshiomhole was favourably disposed to direct primaries which was adopted by the party in the just concluded elections, the embattled governor was canvassing for indirect primaries where selected delegates will vote.

According to a source, “Right now, Governor Yahaya Bello has temporarily relocated to Abuja over his ambition to secure a second term ticket. Governance in Kogi is at its lowest ebb now. He promised new direction when he was sworn-in but right now, there is no direction at all.

“There is this fear that APC leadership under Adams Oshiomhole will adopt the direct primary method, where all the party members will vote to elect their governorship candidate. I think that is what the governor is trying to prevent now, even before INEC announces a date for the election.”

According to another source, who is a member of the state’s House of Assembly, “Bello is fighting different people in the state. There is this impression that he is not popular among the citizens, both young and old, especially the civil servants who constitute the majority of the people in the state.

“There are several petitions against him written by members of the APC to the party secretariat in Abuja. The crux of the petition is that APC will lose woefully in the state if they field him as the candidate. They said even if he rigs the election, he cannot win. The situation is that bad.

“He is close to the first lady, Aisha Buhari, and he is using that to lobby the president. You hardly find him in Kogi these days”.

However, speaking with our correspondent, Onogwu Mohammed, the Chief Press Secretary (CPS) to the governor, denied the allegations, saying the governor has remained in the state and even cancelled a trip with President Buhari to Jordan in order to attend to security issues in the state.

“That is a lie from the pit of hell concocted by the imagination of those who are only interested in spreading falsehood. Governor Yahaya Bello was billed to travel with Mr. President to Jordan alongside with Governors Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo and Badaru of Jigawa State.

“The governor has been on ground in the state since last week and has not traveled to Abuja. He had to cancel that trip to Jordan with President Buhari because from the security reports he gathered, there was a plot to threaten the peace of the people of Omala Local Government Area.

“So, he cancelled that trip and has been on ground in Kogi State. He held meetings with the various security agencies in Kogi. Based on the meeting, the security apparatus in Kogi moved to Omala Local Government Area and they were there till yesterday morning until they repelled the attack.

“The governor is presently in the state, coming to office, attending to issues that borders on the well-being of the people of Kogi State. To say the governor has relocated to Abuja because of second term is a lie and should not be taken serious by well-meaning Nigerians.

“Yahaya Bello is not after second term in office. He is not desperate about getting himself a second term ticket by relocating to Abuja. He is assuring himself of a second term ticket by giving the people of Kogi State good governance”.

When Daily Independent sought the position of the APC national chairman on the issue, one of his aides said he is not concerned with the issue at the moment, adding that the focus of Oshiomhole now is the issue of the National Assembly leadership so that the mistakes of 2015 will not repeat itself.

“The national chairman takes matters as they come. The Kogi election will come up later in the year. What is pressing now is the issue of the National Assembly leadership which will take place in June”, he said.
https://www.independent.ng/2nd-term-kogi-gov-relocates-to-abuja/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:46am On Apr 09, 2019
No sane Kogi person will vote you .

You're the most useless governor in Kogi state history .

I hope PDP take over the state soon because APC has failed the people .

116 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by helinues: 6:51am On Apr 09, 2019
Yeye Bello, the undisputed worst governor in Nigeria

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:51am On Apr 09, 2019
[s]
NaijaRoyalty:
No sane Kogi person will vote you .

You're the most useless governor in Kogi state history .

I hope PDP take over the state soon because APC has failed the people .

[/s]

But sane people voted Otorm and Ikpeazu right?

We have learned a big lesson from you hypocrites..

Yayaha Bello Will contest and he will coast home to victory. The mistake of Imo State will never repeat itself again.

I will personally use all I have to Campaign for Yayaha Bello..

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 09, 2019
Yes we know, infact you don't even want the governorship again,

Check my signature for your DRY PLANTAIN FLAKES in large quantities.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by hisexcellency34: 6:52am On Apr 09, 2019
Mumu, you are not desperate but you have fled Kogi to Abuja prostrating for everybody to get ticket. Oshiomhole should do direct primary in Kogi

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 09, 2019
Youngest but most useless gov

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:53am On Apr 09, 2019
Nobody and I repeat nobody Can Defeat Yahaya Bello in Kogi today.

He knows all the tricks to win Election...it will be a Walk over for him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by Offpoint: 6:53am On Apr 09, 2019
grin If kogi people re-elect this guy again, I'll arrange like 1000 Abókis make dem dig kogi out of Nigeria mapgrin

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by Dwhyte(m): 6:53am On Apr 09, 2019
When non kogite has rejected you!!! Doubt if common councilor will be given to you in your state talkless of retaining mandate

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 09, 2019
I don't know why Bello is deceiving him self I'm in Lokoja right now and I can swear we the majority have vow to vote him out that's not even the issue. the challenge spreading all over newspapers is that Bello will likely not secure APC ticket and for him talking this way, shows he will fail

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by duduade: 6:54am On Apr 09, 2019
This guy is a cultist

If Kogisans vote him back in then they all need to visit Psychiatrists

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 09, 2019
He is one of those Youths giving the Oldies the mind that we Youths are not ready for Governance.

Yahaya have alot to learn.

NgeneUkwenu:

[b]He knows all the tricks to win Election
...it will be a Walk over for him.[/b]

Now read the Craps you wrote up there. Is elections suppose to be a trickish exercise or a Respected decision of the People through their votes?

People like you knows nothing about Leadership and Governance.

Quite unfortunate, you're Influencing the gullible ones.

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:54am On Apr 09, 2019
[s]
hisexcellency34:
Mumu, you are not desperate but you have fled Kogi to Abuja prostrating for everybody to get ticket. Oshiomhole should do direct primary in Kogi
[/s]

Oshiomole is not doing anything... Yahaya Bello will have the ticket as an incumbent, and he will win outrightly. ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:54am On Apr 09, 2019
Dwhyte:
When non kogite has rejected you!!! Doubt if common councilor will be given to you in your state talkless of retaining mandate

Yet, he won all the State House of Assembly, Reps and 2 Senate seats?

What are you smoking in that Okija, you are living?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by englishmart(m): 6:54am On Apr 09, 2019
they would only return you if you did a Ganduje on them, which I'm sure will be highly resisted

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by amaniro: 6:55am On Apr 09, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
[s][/s]

Yayaha Bello Will contest and he will coast home to victory. The mistake of Imo State will never repeat itself again.

You can't compare Ikpeazu to Bello no no Ikpeazu try pass am no matter how i castigate him. And it's wickedness supporting Bello. Don't support evil

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by Macmoni(m): 6:55am On Apr 09, 2019
Ode..... Dino go show u shagay.... C him big nose

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by Spar7tan(m): 6:55am On Apr 09, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
[s][/s]

Can you stand non payment of salary for 3 years as a worker? I'm a living witness of this. 70% of teachers aren't paid.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by MhiztaRange(m): 6:56am On Apr 09, 2019
Lol,someone that is owing up to 15months salary. Heartless people

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by englishmart(m): 6:56am On Apr 09, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
[s][/s]

You don't have anything to campaign with, you are just powerful at the comfort of your android or whatever devise you use. Yahaya Bello will lose disgracefully.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by deathmen12: 6:56am On Apr 09, 2019
Na their problem...Well I don’t blame him because Nigerians love suffering and smiling, if Nigerians can vote buhari for socond term, then his own is small thing na.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:57am On Apr 09, 2019
englishmart:
they would only return you if you did a Ganduje on them, which I'm sure will be highly resisted

Did Ikpeazu or Otorm did Ganduje on their people?

Hypocrites!
Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by yinkus6750(m): 6:57am On Apr 09, 2019
Its your achievements in your first term that will return you, and your major achievement is months of unpaid salaries to workers. Let's wait till you get your parties ticket, and we know who gets PDPs own, then kogites will decide.
Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by kingkuntaval: 6:59am On Apr 09, 2019
Definitely won't suprise me if an incompetent fool like this wins in a landslide, Nigerians have failed to look beyond ethno-religious and partisan politics. Worst governor ever in recorded history. This bastard had the opportunity to put ebira people on the map, he chose to enrich himself and his cronies while hardworking civil servants and pensioners wallowed in poverty.
Useless Man, Useless Country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:59am On Apr 09, 2019
Spar7tan:

Can you stand non payment of salary for 3 years as a worker? I'm a living witness of this. 70% of teachers aren't paid.

Go and ask Benue People why they supported Otorm and Abia State, why they supported Ikpeazu.

And three year Salary?: You are big PDP liar. Get off mention.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by englishmart(m): 7:00am On Apr 09, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

Did Ikpeazu or Otorm did Ganduje on their people?

Hypocrites!
Lol.don't disturb me pls. Face your blood hungry gods, APC.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello by olatade(m): 7:00am On Apr 09, 2019
hehehe. joke of the century.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari's 2019 Christmas Message To Nigerians / Indictment Of SGF: 92 Groups Threaten Nationwide Protest.. / Buhari Still Works From Home, 2 Months After - The Guardian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.