Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,067 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Start A Career With First Bank Plc - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Start A Career With First Bank Plc (1656 Views)

Access Bank Plc Inbetweeners Programme 2015 / Graduate Trainee At Diamond Bank Plc / Intercontinental Bank Plc Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Start A Career With First Bank Plc by money4cash(m): 10:00am On Sep 13, 2010
APPLICATION ENDS 15TH OF SEPTEMBER, 2010

Are you interested in a productive and deeply rewarding banking career at FirstBank, one of Nigeria's most diversified and leading financial services institution? If your answer is yes, we welcome you to this graduate recruitment exercise and urge you to apply for a position within the Bank.

With our deep commitment to excellent customer service, FirstBank is currently restructuring to emerge as the leading financial services group in sub-Saharan Africa.

As part of this process, FirstBank seeks intelligent, creative and dynamic persons who are willing to succeed through professionalism, smart work and honesty to take up challenging positions within the Bank.

Requirements:

Maximum Age: 27years by Oct 31st 2010
Academic Qualification:
Bachelors Degree( 2nd Class Lower )
HND( Upper Credit )
Year of Graduation: not earlier than 2007
Nysc Certificate: must be in hand

Other Information:

Please note that only suitable applicants who provide all the required information will be contacted.
You will be scheduled for the assessment based on your state of residence.
All passwords are case sensitive
Re: Start A Career With First Bank Plc by tunnytox(m): 11:22am On Sep 13, 2010
money4cash:

Requirements:

Maximum Age: 27years by Oct 31st 2010
Academic Qualification:
Bachelors Degree( 2nd Class Lower )
HND( Upper Credit )
Year of Graduation: not earlier than 2007
Nysc Certificate: must be in hand

Other Information:

You see this is why Nigerians continued to be going backwards because the Nigerian Elites who are managers in this bank and many others continually discriminates against people based on their age and many other factors. What amases me most is that most of these managers studied in the West and they are always the one to make claims of discrimination even where none exists!

Why not make people apply for the posts and judge them using a dynamic and robust interview techniques? why must all applicants be graduates? what about some intelligent people who are not priviledge to attend Universities but have equivalent professional qualification?
Most of these job adverts really does makes me sick!
Re: Start A Career With First Bank Plc by chamber2(m): 1:08pm On Sep 13, 2010
but have equivalent professional qualification?

Likethere is more to education than reading books.
Re: Start A Career With First Bank Plc by tunnytox(m): 1:21pm On Sep 13, 2010
chamber2:

Likethere is more to education than reading books.

so you don't know what equivalent qualification means? you must be a joker, there are various qualifications especially in IT, Business and Finance (Which are usually required in the banking sector) eg, AAT, CIBN,CISA, ICAN, ACCA, ABE etc.
So if there's more to life than reading books does that means those ppl with equivalent qualifation are only reading books? they don't interact? and do many other things?

For someone like me, I'm not affected or has ever been affected with all these discrimination becos I have both University degree and professional qualification but based on several past experiences and even here in the UK you do not need a degree to do most jobs. Most of these newly appointed graduates wil end up behind the cashier desk, while many will be in marketing so tell me do you need a degree to do a cashier job?
Re: Start A Career With First Bank Plc by tunnytox(m): 1:34pm On Sep 13, 2010
Also being over 27 doesn't make you irrelevant,
Re: Start A Career With First Bank Plc by chamber2(m): 1:53am On Sep 14, 2010
they don't interact? and do many other things?

exactly what i meant.But if u think u r ok with ur prof.qualifications y then did u go 4 a degree?The fact is that the job mkt is saturated and so many measures r therefore put in place to reduce the number of qualified candidates.Job seekers should therefore follow the trend in order to be absorbed.
Re: Start A Career With First Bank Plc by tunnytox(m): 7:59pm On Sep 14, 2010
chamber2:

exactly what i meant.But if u think u r ok with your prof.qualifications y then did u go 4 a degree?The fact is that the job mkt is saturated and so many measures r therefore put in place to reduce the number of qualified candidates.Job seekers should therefore follow the trend in order to be absorbed.

Its been a well known fact that many candidates with professional qualifications do have problems in areas such as communications and presentation probably due to their level of exposure but many others have distinguished themselves as assets to their various employers. however, I do not want to emphasise much on that but what about the age restriction? is that also an acceptable discriminating factor?
Re: Start A Career With First Bank Plc by Kilode1: 8:36pm On Sep 14, 2010
tunnytox:

Also being over 27 doesn't make you irrelevant,

Nigerian Companies and some of their backward requirements shocked

what is wrong with a 28 year old? or 27 and 3months? grin

What's up with the NYSC requirement? I doubt the NYSC or Nigerian employement laws specified NYSC certificate as a requirement for Graduate Employment undecided

It's not like they care about Corp members or respect the service. These same folks who don't hire corp members are now tryna act all responsible undecided

On a general note;

For a country with almost 20% unemployment rate (according to Aganga) all these old colonial era requirements have to go before we can get anywhere. We need to put people to work if we want to grow these economy.

Tunnytox is on point, a lot of these service jobs do not require a University degree and can be learnt within a few weeks of on-the-job training undecided

It's only in Nigerian that you must have a masters degree before you can answer the phone for Glo or MTN. You will need a Phd in accounting to count money for GTB grin
Re: Start A Career With First Bank Plc by zaagaa: 8:17am On Sep 15, 2010
There is an adage that says" it the person who plays the piper that dictates the tune"
Instead of crying over spilt milk, I suggest we move on the job hunt cos all these talks will end up falling on STONE deaf ears.

We shall get there, this I know
Re: Start A Career With First Bank Plc by tunnytox(m): 8:21am On Sep 15, 2010
Kilode?!:

It's only in Nigerian that you must have a masters degree before you can answer the phone for Glo or MTN. You will need a Phd in accounting to count money for GTB  grin

Exactly my point also shouldn't this age limit in job adverts be illegal? What I believe is that if you have lived in the West and enjoyed lots of benefits there it will only be reasonable to at least learn how these society works and use whatever we've leant to contribute in our own little way to Nigeria development.
For instance I was told of a university lecturer who used to be very harsh on students but after studying for his phd in the UK and see the way lecturers relates with their students he turned a new leave when he returned back to Nigeria, most of the students were surprised because they used to hear a different stories about this lecturer but things seems to have turned around with him, his attitude, mode of teaching and even his way of relating with students.
Re: Start A Career With First Bank Plc by ladoo10: 9:18am On Sep 20, 2010
@all:pls what shld we read 4 the first bank test coming up on the 9th of october?.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For A Corper In A Top Multinational Telecom Vendor / How Real Is O'neal Company Interveiw / Unites Cisco Networking Academy Interview.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.