Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,147 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? (9536 Views)

Well To Do Igbo Traders Chase Off Hungry Yorubas From Alaba / 2 Lagos-Based Igbo Men Show Support For Tinubu (Video) / Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by iaamxavier(m): 9:39am On Apr 10, 2019
So I traveled down to Onitsha last week in a long time and i observed that they like building 3-5 storey building everywhere
Why?
Like I mean why the common trend?? grin
Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by iaamxavier(m): 9:40am On Apr 10, 2019
Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 10, 2019
iaamxavier:
So I traveled down to Onitsha last week in a long time and i observed that they like building 3-5 storey building everywhere
Why?

You call yours storey building, but call those abroad apartment buildings..

They like Apartment buildings..

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by iaamxavier(m): 9:49am On Apr 10, 2019
Esseite:

You call yours storey building, but call those abroad apartment buildings..

They like Apartment buildings..

Ehhh I'm I in the Abroad? angry

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by izzou(m): 9:49am On Apr 10, 2019
Well,i think it conserves space, accomodates more people, and most importantly, generates money.

18 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 10, 2019
iaamxavier:

Ehhh I'm I in the Abroad? angry

Its called apartment buildings generally, not storey building.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by MxreR: 9:53am On Apr 10, 2019
Onitsha has different hoods depending on your societal class. Below are some pictures of low density areas of Onitsha filled with duplexes. You could even mistake this for highbrow areas of Lekki.

20 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by MxreR: 9:57am On Apr 10, 2019
These areas with highrise apartment buildings accommodates the poor and some middle class in the city, the reason the city doesn't have slum like some parts of Lagos.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by afroniger: 9:59am On Apr 10, 2019
I think those that came up with the idea were forward thinking and did well because the best way to conserve limited space is to 'build up'. They could rightly project that there's coming a time when there'll be shortage of land in the area.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by nijabazaar: 10:02am On Apr 10, 2019
Come to think of it....Onitsha has no Slum.

And I think the idea of storied buildings conserve space.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Anambralstson: 10:20am On Apr 10, 2019
iaamxavier:
Why?
Not all parts of Onitsha, I guess you noticed the trend when you came into Onitsha, area like GRA, 1,2, trans nkisi, 3-3, same with Awka

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Amatarasha(f): 10:23am On Apr 10, 2019
Awka ogidi nnewu n ekwulobia has started all dis has started all dis tall tall storey

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by CyynthiaKiss(f): 10:29am On Apr 10, 2019
It depends..
Some areas have duplexes.. Not all parts of Onitsha have tall buildings.

Meanwhile, tall building is a life time investment

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by mbos: 10:48am On Apr 10, 2019
Esseite:

Its called apartment buildings generally, not storey building.

it is also called storey....

A storey (British English) or story (American English)[1] is any level part of a building with a floor that could be used by people (for living, work, storage, recreation). The plurals are "storeys" and "stories", respectively.

The terms "floor", "level", or "deck" are used in a similar way, except that it is usual to talk of a "14-storey building", but "the 14th floor".

wikipedia

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Turantula(m): 10:51am On Apr 10, 2019
Can't find any brown roof there!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by CyynthiaKiss(f): 10:52am On Apr 10, 2019
kayfra:

The most polluted city in the world. Easy on the spin. We are all getting dizzy grin

https://www.sabinews.com/onitsha-the-most-polluted-city-in-the-world-who/

Fake Link !!
Meanwhile, know the difference between slum and pollution

14 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by kayfra: 10:56am On Apr 10, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:

Fake Link !!

Ha my fault. grin

Try this link from the UK guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2017/feb/13/polluted-onitsha-nigeria-perpetual-dust-city-world-worst-air

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by kayfra: 11:01am On Apr 10, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:

Fake Link !!

"Onitsha is grossly polluted – not just in terms of the air quality, but also the solid waste that litters the streets, blocking drainages and canals. With not a single waste bin in sight, heaps of unregulated rubbish dumps occupy roadsides and street corners."

Onitsha is quite dirty, but the government is not doing anything about it. We do environmental sanitation monthly, but then the city returns to being dirty,” Obizue says. “It is the government’s responsibility to keep the city clean, not the work of the residents – people in this city are too busy hustling to make an income.”

Ringing endorsement. Yeah no slums, just people spinning tales by moonlight grin

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 10, 2019
I know you are Yoruba and have been asking unusual questions about SE today. You ask these questions, then you turnaround to use another account to say "Igbos/ pigs and chestbeating, Potholes SE, e.t.c" You are also the same person as the poster "Uyomeyouyo" deceiving your amala filled coneskull.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Engrgabi: 11:09am On Apr 10, 2019
iaamxavier:
Why?
same trending in owerri. Especially around word bank area owerri

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Wantedmiller: 11:19am On Apr 10, 2019
MxreR:
These areas with highrise apartment buildings accommodates the poor and some middle class in the city, the reason the city doesn't have slum like some parts of Lagos.

Your Mumu don do sir....... You must not use harsh word to make your point. please

Be guided!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by izombie(m): 11:19am On Apr 10, 2019
Op has finally crossed sagamu and him eyes don clear. You don travel now, you don see

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Wantedmiller: 11:21am On Apr 10, 2019
nijabazaar:
Come to think of it....Onitsha has no Slum.

And I think the idea of storied buildings conserve space.

Says who sir?
Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by MxreR: 11:31am On Apr 10, 2019
See the face of mumu cheesy

Wantedmiller:

Your Mumu don do sir....... You must not use harsh word to make your point. please
Be guided!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by BrownRoofRep: 11:40am On Apr 10, 2019
kayfra:

The most polluted city in the world. Easy on the spin. We are all getting dizzy grin

https://www.sabinews.com/onitsha-the-most-polluted-city-in-the-world-who/
Ibadown on Nairaland

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by BrownRoofRep: 11:40am On Apr 10, 2019
Ibadown in real life. cheesy

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 10, 2019
iaamxavier:
Why?

The land mass of onitsha is small that is why. Some rich men even negotiate with bungalow owns to build five storey buildings. In which case the own of the bungalow owns the ground floor while the own the upstairs.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by BrownRoofRep: 11:46am On Apr 10, 2019
Ibadown is a dead city - Isaac Fayose. grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FEC Okays ₦35 Billion for NEPZA Power Station In Akamkpa, Crossriver / Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? / Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.