Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly (19613 Views)

A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives / Bill Seeking To Recognise Males As Rape Victims Passed By Senate / Buhari Rejects Four Bills Passed By Reps, Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by cyrilamx(m): 3:51pm On Apr 10, 2019
The Anambra State House Of Assembly has passed a bill that seeks the reduction in the expenses of organising funeral and burial rites in the state, and to prosecute offenders.

Sponsored by Hon. Charles Ezeani, the member representing Anaocha 11 constituency, the bill was passed after due consideration by House during Wednessday's plenary session.

The just passed bill provides that in the event of death, no person shall deposit any corpse in the mortuary or any place beyond two months from the day of the death.

The bill also noted that from the commencement of the law, no person shall subject any relation of the deceased person to a mourning period of more than one week from the date of burial ceremony.

Apart from the number of days recommended for burial ceremonies, the bill equally frowns on other flamboyant means of celebration that may cause destruction of property, gunshots, praise-singing, blocking of roads and streets during burial ceremonies; it also states that defaulters shall be punished in accordance with the law.

It further states that burial ceremonies in the state shall be for one day.

The bill further stipulates that during burial and funeral ceremonial activities, the family of the deceased shall provide entertainment for their kindred, relatives and other sympathizers at their own discretion.

Speaking further on the signifance of the  bill, Charles Ezeani, the sponsor of the bill who represents Anaocha 2 Constituency, maintained that the bill also made provision for a monitoring and implementation committee that would enforce the law as well as their responsibilities.

The lawmaker described  the bill as "an important and great achievement by the 6th Anambra Assembly", as it had put to rest the high cost of burial and funeral activities in the state.

Rita Maduagwu, Speaker of the Assembly, commended the lawmakers on the quick passage of the bill, saying it would "moderate burial expenses in the state".

http://saharareporters.com/2019/04/10/breaking-anambra-assembly-passes-bill-reducing-cost-burial-duration-mourning

Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by Mrkumareze(m): 3:54pm On Apr 10, 2019
Useless bill. Na government be dey pay the cost of burial before All problems in the state na burial una see

More bills should be passed on how to reduce death not on how to bury the dead

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by Platony(m): 3:56pm On Apr 10, 2019
Politicking undecided

Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by ShitHead(m): 3:56pm On Apr 10, 2019
This is a welcome development. It will attract Foreign Direct Investment in casket industry in the state, as many people will decide to die due to cheap burials. This is the greatest thing APGA Government has done for the State.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by Houseofglam7(f): 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2019
Okay now this is hilarious

Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by Heyzee5: 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2019
Funny Jokerz grin grin grin
Check my signature to make legit income online.
Thank me later.
Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by maxweb(m): 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2019
That guy that stole my FTC eh
Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by anyimontana(m): 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2019
Reducing cost of trad wedding list and bride prize for make more sense..

41 Likes

Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by HighKing01(m): 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2019
Fucck u Mr Governor

Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by maxweb(m): 3:58pm On Apr 10, 2019
That guh
Y that stole my FTC eh
Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by fastseo: 3:58pm On Apr 10, 2019
They should also extend it to the cost of marriage.

If you are not in southeast you won't understand. So many people are made to cough out millions for this stuffs that should cost just few thousand of naira after the event they left the organizer bankrupt for a year or two

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by nepapole(m): 3:58pm On Apr 10, 2019
This is funny

Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by cr7lomo: 3:58pm On Apr 10, 2019
I agree with him...we complain of increased rate of poverty, but Nigerians spend too much money on burials, like they are celebrating the persons death....a person that is gone...the whites, with all their money don't make it elaborate like we do... if u don't know what to do with ur money, donate it to charity

25 Likes

Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by Whiteangel1234: 3:58pm On Apr 10, 2019
Useless people no go look for important Bill to pass . Ewu

Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by scopusng(m): 3:58pm On Apr 10, 2019
Good one.
Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by loopman: 3:59pm On Apr 10, 2019
Lmao
Can you imagine what this people are still discussing In this age?

Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by Mobsync(m): 3:59pm On Apr 10, 2019
The bill looks dumb, but we need to remember that necessity is the mother of invention.

Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by iammo(m): 3:59pm On Apr 10, 2019

lawmakers make laws concerning their locality, strangers may find the need for such laws absurd , I do too, but if we can respect north to have their own penal / Shari'a code, we need to respect our blodas of their decision to make this law

Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by Olusheyi1(m): 3:59pm On Apr 10, 2019
Some signatures are unavoidable. I think mine is one of them! Quickly check it out�����
Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by Amhappy(f): 3:59pm On Apr 10, 2019
Nice one . Maka ndi uchu
Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by tstx(m): 3:59pm On Apr 10, 2019
Up next... Marriage

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature
Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 10, 2019
We need this also in Enugu
Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 10, 2019
Are you kidding me? Very obvious these mumus are not there for serious work.
Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by bukalis(m): 4:00pm On Apr 10, 2019
Na so
Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by agabusta: 4:00pm On Apr 10, 2019
cheesy cheesy
Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by woleabayo(f): 4:01pm On Apr 10, 2019
I AGREE 100%

Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by Pat081: 4:01pm On Apr 10, 2019
What marriage too
Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 10, 2019
How is this their business ?
Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by Nasakwa: 4:01pm On Apr 10, 2019
Misplaced priority mtcheeewww. Wetin concern them on how any family want to mourn their dead? Is Anamabra government paying any part of the expenses incure while doing the burial ceremony? Useless bill.
Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by amoduganja: 4:01pm On Apr 10, 2019
APAM'S will not find this funny.

Re: Bill Reducing Cost Of Burial In Anambra Passed By House Of Assembly by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 10, 2019
Ok.

I had expected that, like their useless brothers in the National Assembly, they should have come up with the establishment of Burial Expenses Monitoring and Enforcement Commission. shocked

David Hundeyin: BBC Writer Chigozie Nwonwu Is A Joke (Photo) / Killers Of 16 Soldiers May Be Mercenaries, Not Nigerians – Akpabio / Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky