Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,883 members, 7,810,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund (16869 Views)

Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World / Abba Kyari Daughter, Aisha kyari Becomes The Manager Of Sovereign Wealth Fund / COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by NaijaCelebrity: 5:20pm On Apr 10, 2019
Just In: IMF ranks Nigeria second worst in the world in use of sovereign wealth fund

The International Monetary Fund has ranked Nigeria as the second worst country in the world in the use of sovereign wealth funds.

According to the Fiscal Monitor report released on Wednesday, Qatar was the only country worse than Nigeria on the index.

The Bretton Wood institution said the index was compiled using the corporate governance and transparency scores of the sovereign wealth funds and the size of assets as a percentage of 2016 GDP of the countries considered.

More to follow…

Source: http://www.ngg.ng/2019/04/10/just-in-imf-ranks-nigeria-second-worst-in-the-world-in-use-of-sovereign-wealth-fund/

1 Like

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by GOFRONT(m): 5:24pm On Apr 10, 2019
You Bet9ja scammer....This is not how to make money to buy the Benz...

5 Likes

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by SarkinYarki: 5:37pm On Apr 10, 2019
Zero good news coming out of Nigeria

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by orisa37: 5:40pm On Apr 10, 2019
Nigeria should arrange Full Autonomy of Police, Resources and Elections Control to our 36 Constitutional States.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by wirinet(m): 5:44pm On Apr 10, 2019
Sovereign Wealth Funds with crude selling at less than $60 to the barrel? I am sure the writer has no idea what he is talking about.
Sovereign wealth fund is like excess crude account that is used for investment purposes to generate additional income. So where do we get monies to put into the sovereign wealth funds when we hardly make enough to pay salaries, not to talk of money to build infrastructure.
Maybe the report was talking about 2013 when the dollar was overv $100.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by BuhariAdvocate: 5:47pm On Apr 10, 2019
Western world organization would still rank Nigeria the lowest sperm rate in the world. Useless people.

16 Likes

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by wristbangle: 5:52pm On Apr 10, 2019
Does Sovereign Wealth Fund still exist when there is no excess crude account for the past 4-5years due to low oil price? I need an explanation

6 Likes

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by Racoon(m): 6:48pm On Apr 10, 2019
Next level of anything worst with a dullard on seat.Lets see who the government will blame now.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by lilfreezy: 6:51pm On Apr 10, 2019
I'm a little pissed.

Next level baba

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by Amuocha: 6:54pm On Apr 10, 2019
Buhari is worst sef grin

12 Likes

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by coolzeal(m): 7:26pm On Apr 10, 2019
I thought with all these economy blunders Nigerians, should be boiling with massive protest just like the Arab spring that will revolutionize the country. Make una dey get sense na.

The Venezuela way go bad.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by Rick9(m): 8:59pm On Apr 10, 2019
Bad news everyday

3 Likes

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by Rick9(m): 8:59pm On Apr 10, 2019
I wonder when this country would get it right

4 Likes

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by tribalistseun: 9:00pm On Apr 10, 2019
Yaya Bello of Kogi used he's own share to build he's own house.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by Tofax: 9:00pm On Apr 10, 2019
Imaging GEJ in the saddle with all this negative indices. hmmm. We were told the reason why Buhari appointed his kindred and his follow Muslim into vital positions of governance is because they were appointed on merit. its obvious Buhari major concern is to to promote primordial and religious consideration.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by abogjohn(m): 9:00pm On Apr 10, 2019
Let them keep ranking us bad in everything.. Well it’s cool. All I know is we aren’t doing that bad

4 Likes

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by ElNero(m): 9:00pm On Apr 10, 2019
Them go rank tire. We will soon be first cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by Upton: 9:01pm On Apr 10, 2019
Ah. Wait o, who did we offend? This one that we are topping the world in everything from behind

5 Likes

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by ken6488(m): 9:01pm On Apr 10, 2019
Expected

3 Likes

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by Kendumazy(m): 9:01pm On Apr 10, 2019
IMF, let me do expose for u na. These ones too dey among security votes, constituency allowance, government allocation, bail out funds.

3 Likes

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by Preator: 9:02pm On Apr 10, 2019
wristbangle:
Does Sovereign Wealth Fund still exist when there is no excess crude account for the past 4-5years due to low oil price? I need an explanation

wirinet:
Sovereign Wealth Funds with crude selling at less than $60 to the barrel? I am sure the writer has no idea what he is talking about.
Sovereign wealth fund is like excess crude account that is used for investment purposes to generate additional income. So where do we get monies to put into the sovereign wealth funds when we hardly make enough to pay salaries, not to talk of money to build infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by YourNextLevel(m): 9:02pm On Apr 10, 2019
That ranking is WRONG. We are the worst QED. Selfish leaders everywhere

6 Likes

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by Bossontop(m): 9:03pm On Apr 10, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Next level tins

4 Likes

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 10, 2019
wirinet:

Please shut up and learn to read and comprehend

[img]https://media1./images/41623c30893884b0cd1b2d696a3abd33/tenor.gif?itemid=9495358[/img]

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by Flets: 9:03pm On Apr 10, 2019
Nigeria is dead and buried. It’s a hopeless situation.

2 Likes

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by RZArecta2(m): 9:04pm On Apr 10, 2019
IMF has been bribed by Olisa Metuh and the corruption PDP, Baba integrity scam no gree cross water. Buhari OLEEEEEEE grin

4 Likes

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by kolafolabi(m): 9:04pm On Apr 10, 2019
Qatar even worse than Nigeria.. Hmm

4 Likes

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by jydeskill1(m): 9:04pm On Apr 10, 2019
Yinmu! IMF is now the headquarters of Wailers and a branch of PDP with all these Yahoo Yahoo statistics. They never say anything good about the current administration. No problem, we are watching

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by thesolutions(m): 9:04pm On Apr 10, 2019
Why is it that only when an important match is going on that you would see meaningful topics on the front page. I almost commented Nigeria is afraid of Baca.
Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by martineverest(m): 9:05pm On Apr 10, 2019
abogjohn:
Let them keep ranking us bad in everything.. Well it’s cool. All I know is we aren’t doing that bad
no mind them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund by tribalistseun: 9:05pm On Apr 10, 2019
wirinet:

We know you want to sound intelligent but unfortunately, you just sounded so dumb and stupid.

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra PDP, Godwin Maduka, Bianca Ojukwu And Lessons From APGA / Court To DSS: Charge Emefiele To Court Within One Week Or Release Him / I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.