Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

So Sad As Gymnast Broke Her Legs During Competition (video) Before Retirement - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / So Sad As Gymnast Broke Her Legs During Competition (video) Before Retirement (466 Views)

Tokyo 2020: Nigeria’s First Olympics Gymnast, Uche Eke Crashes Out / Anthony Joshua Names 7 Fighters He Wants To Face Before Retirement / Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

So Sad As Gymnast Broke Her Legs During Competition (video) Before Retirement by cherriton12: 5:56pm On Apr 10, 2019
22-year-old Auburn University gymnast, Samantha Cerio, broke both legs at the NCAA competition, leading to her retirement from the sport.

Samantha Cerio had hoped to deliver a perfect performance at the Pete Maravich Assembly Center in Baton Rouge, La., to help the Auburn Tigers secure a spot in the NCAA’s region final.
Instead, she landed awkwardly after a tumbling pass and fell as her legs crumbled beneath her during a so-called blind landing — in what many have called the worst sports-related injury they have ever seen.

Samantha Cerio, had to be carted out of Friday’s NCAA gymnastics regional in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, on a stretcher after the accident. The 5-foot senior from Huntersville, North Carolina, was attempting a handspring double front on her first tumbling pass when she landed awkwardly and suffered the gruesome injury.

Cerio later took to Instagram late Sunday to announce that she will be retiring as a gymnast. She wrote:

Friday night was my final night as a gymnast. After 18 years I am hanging up my grips and leaving the chalk behind. I couldn’t be prouder of the person that gymnastics has made me to become. It’s taught me hard work, humility, integrity, and dedication, just to name a few. It’s given me challenges and road blocks that I would have never imagined that has tested who I am as a person. It may not have ended the way I had planned, but nothing ever goes as planned.

Thank you Auburn family for giving me a home and a chance to continue doing the sport that will always be my first love. I am honored to have had the privilege to represent the navy and orange AU for the past 4 years with my team by my side. Thank you for letting me share my passion with you. Thank you for letting me be a part of something bigger than myself.War Eagle Always.
Watch Video on https://www.worldnews.com.ng/2019/04/moment-gymnast-broke-her-legs-during.html

Re: So Sad As Gymnast Broke Her Legs During Competition (video) Before Retirement by cherriton12: 6:02pm On Apr 10, 2019
Friday night was my final night as a gymnast. After 18 years I am hanging up my grips and leaving the chalk behind. I couldn’t be prouder of the person that gymnastics has made me to become. It’s taught me hard work, humility, integrity, and dedication, just to name a few. It’s given me challenges and road blocks that I would have never imagined that has tested who I am as a person. It may not have ended the way I had planned, but nothing ever goes as planned.

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Jr. Scored Seven Goals In One Game For Juventus Under 9s / U17 AFCON : Four Takeaways From Golden Eaglets' 2-1 Defeat To Angola / See Reason Why Manutd Will Not Sign De Ligt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.