Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" (15439 Views)

Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term / Joe Igbokwe Reacts To Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Over NYSC Certificate Scandal / Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by Naijaalive(m): 4:24pm On Apr 12, 2019
A Federal High Court sitting in Ibadan, on Friday struck out the a suit filed by the Minister of Communications Mr. Adebayo Shittu, against the All Progressives Congress party (APC) for excluding his name from the list of gubernatorial aspirants in 2019 general elections over his inability to present his NYSC certificate.

The party refused to allow Shittu participate in the Oyo State gubernatorial primary elections because he failed to take part in the National Youth Service Corps scheme after his graduation from the University.

In her ruling, Justice P.I. Ajoku held that the case was struck out due to the fact that Shittu did not file the case within the time stipulated by law.

“I must first consider the provision of Section 285 of the constitution that makes it mandatory for all pre-election matters to be filed within 14 days of occurrence.

“This particular case was not filed within 14 days, but outside the date. Therefore, I will not bother going into the merit of the case.”

“Haven’t failed to satisfy the dictates of the constitution, the matter is hereby, struck out,” the Judge ruled.

Reacting to the ruling , the defence counsel, Mr Adebayo Ojo, who was the former Attorney-General and Commissioner for justice, Oyo State, said that the law has taken its due course.

https://all-gists..com/2019/04/Communications-Minister-Shittu-loses-suit-against-APC-Over-NYSC-Certificate.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by jaytee01(m): 4:28pm On Apr 12, 2019
This jihadist should go and rest already..... Rubbish!

17 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 12, 2019
hmmm!

While there is one perfect law established by the Lord of the worlds Himself, people are busy killing themselves, exerting a lot of efforts and expending a lot of money over a faulty and flawed political system also known as Democracy

But i am not surprised

the black sheeps among the people of truth has portrayed that perfect law in a very bad light and people resent the law simply because they were exposed to a flawed version of it

But we rejoice upon expecting the great emperor, Emperor IMES who is coming to eliminate and repair the damage done by the black sheeps and portray the perfect law (Sharee'ah) in its true light and solidify the genuine legacy of his master, the best man to ever set foot on the earth, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Emperor IMES, we await your coming grin

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by Naijaalive(m): 4:58pm On Apr 12, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by Iamgrey5(m): 5:00pm On Apr 12, 2019
The face of a betrayal man cheesy
Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by calmbabadee(m): 8:01pm On Apr 12, 2019
Kiinikan don become your hobby......Hobi Hobi!!!!!!
Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:02pm On Apr 12, 2019
It is very much expected.
Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 12, 2019
Are you for real?
Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by ruffhandu: 8:04pm On Apr 12, 2019
Is he qualified to be appointed minister?

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by wink2015(m): 8:04pm On Apr 12, 2019
Naijaalive:
A Federal High Court sitting in Ibadan, on Friday struck out the a suit filed by the Minister of Communications Mr. Adebayo Shittu, against the All Progressives Congress party (APC) for excluding his name from the list of gubernatorial aspirants in 2019 general elections over his inability to present his NYSC certificate.

The party refused to allow Shittu participate in the Oyo State gubernatorial primary elections because he failed to take part in the National Youth Service Corps scheme after his graduation from the University.

In her ruling, Justice P.I. Ajoku held that the case was struck out due to the fact that Shittu did not file the case within the time stipulated by law.

“I must first consider the provision of Section 285 of the constitution that makes it mandatory for all pre-election matters to be filed within 14 days of occurrence.

“This particular case was not filed within 14 days, but outside the date. Therefore, I will not bother going into the merit of the case.”

“Haven’t failed to satisfy the dictates of the constitution, the matter is hereby, struck out,” the Judge ruled.

Reacting to the ruling , the defence counsel, Mr Adebayo Ojo, who was the former Attorney-General and Commissioner for justice, Oyo State, said that the law has taken its due course.

https://all-gists..com/2019/04/Communications-Minister-Shittu-loses-suit-against-APC-Over-NYSC-Certificate.html?m=1

This is a lesson to Nigerians especially graduate and school leavers not to play down compulsory programme and other officialdom.

Years later it can come back to hurt you.

Mrs Kemi Adeosun and Minister Shittu played down the Nysc programme during their graduate years and the scheme came back to hurt them.

Majority of graduate who often default in serving in the nysc programme are big men children who have been opportune to school in uk, Canada, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand etc

The comfort zone of Europe and America makes it harder for them to return back to Nigeria to do their compulsory NYSC service as they hear tales of unemployment, low nysc allowances and untold African hardship.

Nigeria graduate based overseas should learn some hard lessons from this unfortunate development.

Let our foreign based graduate not allow abroad "COMFORT ZONE" to enter their brain as to decide to push aside the Nysc programme.

Oveseas "comfort zone" is what made British accented Mrs Kemi Adeosun to show no interest to serve the compulsory Nysc programme.

Maybe she was afraid of being deployed to remote northern states.

11 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by PureMind2: 8:04pm On Apr 12, 2019
I believe I will make it soon in dis country for sure

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by AFEE400: 8:05pm On Apr 12, 2019
Finally Mr Pretender Is A Gunner
Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by zirrah: 8:06pm On Apr 12, 2019
Only a crimin'al makes a successful politician in this "republic"

2 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by 01mcfadden(m): 8:06pm On Apr 12, 2019
This man is a lawyer o

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by lawalosky(m): 8:06pm On Apr 12, 2019
Eya
Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by anytexy: 8:08pm On Apr 12, 2019
Mr integrity government I hail ooo!
Is this man supposed not have been relieved of his appointment in a sane clime where real integrity person is a president. Having admitted that he didn't serve NYSC. Failed State. Buhari is a disappointment to me I didn't know about you. This not Buhari I thought I knew.

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by asdfjklhaha(f): 8:08pm On Apr 12, 2019
ok
Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by Chinashopping84: 8:11pm On Apr 12, 2019
he knows what to do.We ship your goods from China to nigeria.
Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by Sweetcollins: 8:13pm On Apr 12, 2019
Pity
Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by Heyzee5: 8:14pm On Apr 12, 2019
Okay.
Check my signature to make legit income online.
Thank me later.
Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by drealjosh(m): 8:16pm On Apr 12, 2019
This was the minister who told Sowore that he was inconsequential. Now look who is inconsequential.. grin grin
Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by qanda: 8:17pm On Apr 12, 2019
Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by sukerefakere(m): 8:23pm On Apr 12, 2019
ruffhandu:
Is he qualified to be appointed minister?
not even qualified to be a town crier

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by Ololanla: 8:27pm On Apr 12, 2019
Oni rungbon bi to buko. grin
Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by ajayiopy: 8:28pm On Apr 12, 2019
Naijaalive:

HE SHOULD RETURN ALL THE SALARIES AND ALLOWANCES
Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by naijajobx: 8:28pm On Apr 12, 2019
So what next
Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by Teeisaac(m): 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2019
Ajimobi @ work
Re: Adebayo Shittu Loses Suit Against APC Over "NYSC Certificate" by edward1106(m): 8:33pm On Apr 12, 2019
Couldn't he have dropped his University degree and contested only with his secondary school result?

This whole thing is just disturbing my brain.
President no go uni yet and wit Fake result, e still dey Der.
U wey go uni way no serve, dem wan come use NYsc, take rubbish u, KUKUMA remove the Uni result in submission. LOBATAN

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Adjourns Sowore & Bakare's Fundamental Rights Suit To March 25 / Watch The Moment Kaduna Delegates Pledged To Support Amaechi (video) / We Have Began The Process Of Rescuing Chibok Girls: Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.