Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,561 members, 7,847,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:40 PM

IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu (15049 Views)

FG May Borrow Loans From China, Turkey, Portugal To Complete Railway Projects / Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue / Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by delivryboy: 8:05am On Apr 13, 2019
chriskosherbal:
So we are going to be dependent on loans year in year out as a country ba, were are we going as country .

See my signature for your mens product .
No man is an island, even advanced nations seek loans, in business generally, you must learn to use other peoples money to make profit. Learn, don't just talk out of emotions. Lastly, you should digest critically his words when in intelligent man like Elumelu speaks.

1 Like

Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by Mosco100(m): 8:06am On Apr 13, 2019
Nigeria nay probably be sold
Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by bluefilm: 8:07am On Apr 13, 2019
priceaction:
I don't know why seun can't develop codes that blacklist phone numbers or i.ps that can deal with all these bet naija idiots. They have thousands of monikers that they open monthly and are never tired. Why can't seun and his programmers find permernent solutions to ban them? Other sites that are not as big as this control spam cleverly but here, can you imagine on this page alone, 3 bet naija idiots with big banners, and u have to scroll down and down before you read other peoples comment? The mod think they are stubborn, dem go ban ban ban ban, den go tire, you think you are stubborn , I tell you say those idiots stubborn pass. Na your hands go pain you and you go tire for banning. As you are already banning them they are on another thread creating nuisance there.

Betnaija idiots indeed. shocked

Meanwhile, this made me laugh:

Mod think they are stubborn, dem go ban ban ban ban, den go tire, you think you are stubborn , I tell you say those idiots stubborn pass. Na your hands go pain you and you go tire for banning. grin

1 Like

Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by jaxxy(m): 8:36am On Apr 13, 2019
chukkystar:
Very true, they refuse to give loans and warn against taking from China, Jealousy.. But the Billion Billion I dey hear wey we dey take from China, when we wan pay?

Taking loans to fund a reckless lifestyle. Why can’t our politicians cut down on their ridiculous pay check and government budgets. We run one of the most expensive governments and yet borrow money to fund it with nothing to show.

1 Like

Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by win3k: 8:45am On Apr 13, 2019
Africans deserve to be recolonized by China because they are stupid - and it will happen!

1 Like

Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 13, 2019
DonroxyII:
Our colonial mother !!
Thanks....I have learn something new.
Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by adontcare(f): 8:47am On Apr 13, 2019
daddytime:

Ni hao chin chun hun...

Hun tu chun du lah...meaning Happy birthday...
ni hao too. Chu a wa. Meaning thank you
Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 13, 2019
tactius:

grin

Probably referring to the United Kingdom, whose queen has a son called Charles....mama Charlie.
You correct
Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:10am On Apr 13, 2019
DonroxyII:
u don't know what's up ... go and reread my post .... I use the one u quoted ayage space for front-page cheesy
Space Booker! I will report you to Lala. angry

1 Like

Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by Reference(m): 9:31am On Apr 13, 2019
Mr. Elumelu. You were a banker. How did you see loan sharks back then who will readily give you funds without conditions..... such is China.... the day of reckoning will come.... and you will seek the West to protect you from the slavery of the East. I prefer receiving funds from a bank that tells me what to do and how to live my life than one that doesn't. Africa is not ready to make the sacrifices to develop. Why won't they dislike one that tells them the truth.
Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by seunmsg(m): 10:02am On Apr 13, 2019
Chinese loans are the best. IMF/World bank loan is imperialism in disguise. With Chinese loans, we are sure if infrastructural development. IMF/World bank loans only brings in poverty and huge national debt burden.

3 Likes

Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by TommyAnthem(m): 10:16am On Apr 13, 2019
Brotherly, somehow, I totally agree with your statement, but don't you also reason that the worst managers of resources are from the NigerDelta where we come from? Think about the huge allocations that is pumped into these states on a monthly basis, think of the huge monthly IGR courtesy of oil companies, what have we got to show for it in terms of development. The governors of these states are so rich while the states are impoverished. Whatever catchy structure you see in these states are of past glories, not this recent crop of kleptomaniac morons we have. If allocations to states were used judiciously by our leaders, the Niger Delta would have been miles ahead in terms of development. Just take a boat ride out of the state capitals into the reverine areas then you will conclude that the term "man's inhumanity to man" is an understatement. In summary, the big question is: this people who are undermining the Niger Delta are they foreigners? Our problems are innate, something is wrong somewhere and until we find and fix it we'll continue to be the "WRETCHED OF THE EARTH"
wink2015:

AS LONG AS NORTHERN NIGERIA POLITICAL LEADERS REFUSE TO FACE THEIR GOD GIVEN AGRICULTURE AND THEY PUT THEIR LONGER THROAT ON NIGER DELTA CRUDE OIL MONEY.

NIGERIA WILL CONTINUE TO TAKE COUNTLESS OF LOANS FROM CHINA WITHOUT MAKING PROGRESS WITH IT.

The solution is:

Curb corruption in Nigeria especially at the governmental level. This is the major cause of Nigeria political, economic and financial challenges.

Cut down the high cost of governance. Our Legislature at the federal level and state level should be run on part time.

Stop the allocation of Niger delta crude oil money to state. Let state work out their own source of funding. If it is to sell chewing stick let them sell chewing stick to run their government.

It is quite disturbing to learn that the governor of a poor state like Yobe, Taraba, Zamfara wants to live and earn salary to the tune earn by a governor from rich states like Rivers state, Akwa Ibom, Delta state, etc

The two Nigeria state are not equal.

They should cut their coat according to NOT THEIR SIZE but according to their material.

ALL THE STATES IN USA THAT IS PRACTING FEDERALISM ARE NOT EQUAL.

There are rich states in America like Texas, California, Florida, etc

There are poor states like Indiana, Alabama, etc

THE SOLUTION IS LET THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PUT AN END TO FEDERAL ALLOCATION.

LET STATES SURVIVE WITH WHAT THEY CAN FETCH OUT LIKE STEP UP THEIR INTERNALLY GENERATED REVENUE, INVESTING IN AGRICULTURE ETC.

STATES THAT CAN NOT SURVIVE SHOULD MERGE INTO A REGIONAL STRUCTURE WITH OTHER DEVELOPING STATES.

If this is not done Nigeria will continue to collect loans from China that can not really bail us out but provide COMFORT ZONE for our corrupt political class.

The west knows all this fact that is why they have been forewarning us.

It is equally because of this HANDWRITING ON THE WALLS that proponent of RESTRUCTURING are calling on the federal government to get the processes implemented to save Nigeria from total collapse.

But Northern Nigeria political leaders are against it as they feel all their survival lies with southern resources which is totally wrong.

THE STRENGTH OF NORTHERN NIGERIA IS IN AGRICULTURE THEY SHOULD GO AND FACE STANDARD MECHANIZED AGRICULTURE AND STOP WASTING NIGER DELTA CRUDE OIL MONEY PROSPECTING FOR CRUDE OIL IN THE NORTH THAT IS ILLUSIVE.

The late Premier of Northern Nigeria Sir Ahmadu Bello built the Northern region based on Agriculture but quite unfortunately current political leaders in the north are deviating from that road map to be waiting for crude oil allocation money instead of investing in Agriculture.
Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by jomoh: 10:28am On Apr 13, 2019
Nigga44:
Since I read the 'confessions of an economic hitman' by John Perkins, I'm also very weary of these evil loans by countries like US and China.

That is one of the most revealing books I’ve seen. I’ve recommended it to different people here more than ten times.

It will make you question any foreign assistance. There’s no free meal anywhere.

I believe PMB being a military man and a former head of state already has intelligence about the motives of the likes of IMF and world banks that’s why he never went to any of them for loans both in his military days and now. He also never took their advice and never seem to take their warnings serious on anything.

China on the other hand are still trying to build trust amongst nations so before they start their imperialist agenda, a serious country would’ve used their infrastructural driven loans to develop.

1 Like

Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by Oblivionsmiles: 11:44am On Apr 13, 2019
We've not even started paying back the loan we took from them, now we are going to IMF. Shey na like this we go dey dey.

Make borrow borrow abi na loan loan no kill us.

[/i]Holla @ me for your amazing gifts. [i]
Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 13, 2019
jomoh:

That is one of the most revealing books I’ve seen. I’ve recommended it to different people here more than ten times.

It will make you question any foreign assistance. There’s no free meal anywhere.

I believe PMB being a military man and a former head of state already has intelligence about the motives of the likes of IMF and world banks that’s why he never went to any of them for loans both in his military days and now. He also never took their advice and never seem to take their warnings serious on anything.

China on the other hand are still trying to build trust amongst nations so before they start their imperialist agenda, a serious country would’ve used their infrastructural driven loans to develop.

I agree with everything you said and will also like to add that.. even the Chinese 'imperialist' thing is nothing but conjecture and fear mongering from the west. There are no concrete proofs that china will act like the west did. If they eventually do, fine BUT till now, they have shown nothing but willingness to 'prosper and let prosper'

The west think that china will become them but China has shown no sign of doing that. They are different culturally and have been pretty much isolationist throughout history. They don't go to other countries invading them and killing thousands because of different economic models, they don't invade and threaten you with sanctions because your political system is different from theirs.

While it is possible that china may become imperialist later, I have seen little to no signs till date of that happening.

1 Like

Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by Afamed: 12:08pm On Apr 13, 2019
jayfolarin:

I agree with everything you said and will also like to add that.. even the Chinese 'imperialist' thing is nothing but conjecture and fear mongering from the west. There are no concrete proofs that china will act like the west did. If they eventually do, fine BUT till now, they have shown nothing but willingness to 'prosper and let prosper'

The west think that china will become them but China has shown no sign of doing that. They are different culturally and have been pretty much isolationist throughout history. They don't go to other countries invading them and killing thousands because of different economic models, they don't invade and threaten you with sanctions because your political system is different from theirs.

While it is possible that china may become imperialist later, I have seen little to no signs till date of that happening.
I totally agree with your vast knowledge and exposure of happening around the world. US and IMF are both partners in crime, hence anything to de market China, they will spend their last blood on it. They see China as a threat to their long years of exploiting other developing countries.
Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by Spidermon: 12:18pm On Apr 13, 2019
IMASTEX:

Going for loans for capital projects won't have been a bad idea if it doesn't end in the pocket of those seeking the loans as usual. Countries that works always project a visible repayment plans, in such a way that it won't affect or make them in bondage. I think there should be a direct sell off of the country rather than this indirect sales.

Meanwhile, here is an alternative Mr. Elumelu. Let the government put all the recovered loot together, sell off the recovered assets, recover more regardless of party affiliations. Return the ones they took themselves. Put themselves on minimum wage. Make NNPC, Custom, FIRS & others more accountable. Ensure strict compliance to project execution, ensure pricing is in agreement with the task, remove ghost workers or political patronage with national treasury, etc. You will see excess cash in Nigeria, that they can even pay unemployed persons support.

You make sense
Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by bigpicture001: 12:27pm On Apr 13, 2019
hisgrace090:
Very simple.

IMF provide alternative or remain silent forever.

Youhhonestly thnk cinese loans are betertthan the IMF's....go study political economy
Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by jomoh: 4:53pm On Apr 13, 2019
jayfolarin:

God bless you
Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by googi: 7:03pm On Apr 13, 2019
When you read comments like this, you feel hopeful that more Nigerians are becoming well and better informed.

Since Independence, what have all the foreign loans and investment got us. It's all vanity. If anything, we are poorer today than we ever were.

Foolish people think progress and civilization is duplicating everything in the Western and Eastern world in Africa while our very existence depends on their savation.

We will never get out of their loans until we learn how to stop prostituting our resources, develop and inrecrease our riches within.

Their riches came from our exploitation.
Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by komodapson(m): 11:01pm On Apr 13, 2019
Nigga44:
Since I read the 'confessions of an economic hitman' by John Perkins, I'm also very weary of these evil loans by countries like US and China.

sorry bro...is it a book?...I'll like to have one
Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by chibuzorAbia: 4:07am On Apr 14, 2019
TommyAnthem:
Brotherly, somehow, I totally agree with your statement, but don't you also reason that the worst managers of resources are from the NigerDelta where we come from? Think about the huge allocations that is pumped into these states on a monthly basis, think of the huge monthly IGR courtesy of oil companies, what have we got to show for it in terms of development. The governors of these states are so rich while the states are impoverished. Whatever catchy structure you see in these states are of past glories, not this recent crop of kleptomaniac morons we have. If allocations to states were used judiciously by our leaders, the Niger Delta would have been miles ahead in terms of development. Just take a boat ride out of the state capitals into the reverine areas then you will conclude that the term "man's inhumanity to man" is an understatement. In summary, the big question is: this people who are undermining the Niger Delta are they foreigners? Our problems are innate, something is wrong somewhere and until we find and fix it we'll continue to be the "WRETCHED OF THE EARTH"

You love Konji too much, lack discipline and we are collectively more stupid. We should stop having children. And remember we are the first set of humans so we came early in the evolutionary process hence not as refined as modern humans. Our land will be collected from us in less than 200 years from now. The local population will be "taken cared of".
Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by Guyman02: 7:31am On Apr 14, 2019
Kendumazy:
It's high time, China stopped giving loan. Let the loan come as infrastructural or technological development project. No cash loan. Let it be technological or infrastructural development project.

USA Used Samsung s6 edge plus for sale. Check link
https://www.nairaland.com/5116583/clean-usa-used-samsung-s6

That is exactly what China is doing, they don't give you cash, they do counterpart funding. They provide infrastructure even though they mostly use Chinese companies but you will see the project on ground unlike Western loans that go straight into the pockets of the politicians who siphon it back to western banks in Switzerland and London

1 Like

Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by swazpedro(m): 12:34am On Apr 15, 2019
oladeleajide:

Yes, because a borrowing economy is a developing one.
When will we stop developing, we have been developing since 1960 ?
Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by TommyAnthem(m): 2:55pm On Apr 15, 2019
RUSSIAN PRESIDENT, Vladimir Putin Says: Africa Is A Cemetery For Africans
"When an African becomes rich, his bank accounts are in Switzerland. He travels to France for Medical treatment.
He invests in Germany. He buys from Dubai. He consumes Chinese. He prays in Rome or Mecca. His children study in Europe. He travels to Canada, USA, Europe for tourism.
If he die, he will be buried in his native country of Africa.
Africa is just a cemetery for Africans. How could a cemetery be developed?"
chibuzorAbia:

You love Konji too much, lack discipline and we are collectively more stupid. We should stop having children. And remember we are the first set of humans so we came early in the evolutionary process hence not as refined as modern humans. Our land will be collected from us in less than 200 years from now. The local population will be "taken cared of".

Re: IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu by TommyAnthem(m): 3:14pm On Apr 15, 2019
RUSSIAN PRESIDENT, Vladimir Putin Says: Africa Is A Cemetery For Africans
"When an African becomes rich, his bank accounts are in Switzerland. He travels to France for Medical treatment.
He invests in Germany. He buys from Dubai. He consumes Chinese. He prays in Rome or Mecca. His children study in Europe. He travels to Canada, USA, Europe for tourism.
If he die, he will be buried in his native country of Africa.
Africa is just a cemetery for Africans. How could a cemetery be developed?"
chibuzorAbia:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obiano: First International Flight To Land In Anambra International Airport Soon / Customs Only Arrests Smugglers Who Refuse To Pay Bribe - Fisayo Soyombo / Ifeanyi Ubah: Why I’m Caucusing With APC Despite Belonging To YPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.