Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,140 members, 7,849,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:15 AM

House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha (24873 Views)

Rt. Hon. Muktar Betara Aliyu Set To Officially Declare House Speakership Bid / House Speakership: Tension In APC As 5 Govs Move Against Gbajabiamila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by davodyguy: 8:58pm On Apr 13, 2019
DMerciful:
You again!
Wetin
Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by Kfed4ril(m): 9:38pm On Apr 13, 2019
sapoyoro:

1.7 million Yoruba voted for PDP..against a party that has our own as VP..
some of you Igbo people comments are just extremely stupidd and idioticc...always lumping all of us together... even though a lot of us in sw as elections has always shown always vote the same party as u...
you guys are braindead..

Oga shut up
Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by pazienza(m): 10:42pm On Apr 13, 2019
Alexis11:
I think this issue of the Igbos always writing "SE/SS" is to let other regions believe they own SS. cool

Nope. We do so to carry our Igbo brothers in Delta and Rivers state along.
We can't write just SE, when the current Ohanaeze Ndiigbo Secretary General is from SS in Rivers state, and our grand patron , the Asagba of Asaba is from Delta, like wise our Amazon Okonjo Iweala , who is also from Delta.

We write SE/SS , because that's the two major regions, Ndiigbo occupy. Get used to it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by garfield1: 11:36pm On Apr 13, 2019
pazienza:

Nope. We do so to carry our Igbo brothers in Delta and Rivers state along.
We can't write just SE, when the current Ohanaeze Ndiigbo is from SS in Rivers state, and our grand patron , the Asagba of Asaba is from Delta, like wise our Amazon Okonjo Iweala , who is also from Delta.

We write SE/SS , because that's the two major regions, Ndiigbo occupy. Get used to it.
Why not write se/anima/ikwerre or should ths yorubas write sw/nc
Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by Alexis11: 12:08am On Apr 14, 2019
sapoyoro:

hopefully we yorubas who also voted Atiku are included in your insults...
some of you Igbo people are just idiotss...nothing more....
I mean 1.7 million Yorubas voted for your party...we did our best for your candidate to win..and all you igbos do is to always abuse all of us...
e tin shiereee

You are only disturbing yourself. The problem Igbos have with you as a Yoruba man is beyond PDP and APC.

When Goodluck won almost all the states in the SW in 2011, the insults from them were massive. They were busy saying "it is over for Yoruba politically". But the story has changed today. cool

1 Like

Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by pazienza(m): 12:14am On Apr 14, 2019
garfield1:

Why should we care about what Yorubas write?
There are pockets of Igbo speaking indigenous communities in NC, precisely Benue state, does it mean we should also include NC?
It's all about choice.

1 Like

Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by AreaFada2: 3:51am On Apr 14, 2019
garfield1:

I am going to go off on a tangent a bit.

Personally I support the creation of an extra Igbo State. Although I doubt if the population of Anioma or Ikwerre is enough to be another state.

Unless a bordering Igbo state like Anambra across the Niger cedes some land to Anioma for example. But I cannot imagine a crucial city like Onitsha being given up.

Now to your assertion, the way some Igbo people carelessly include SS in Igbo territory (even though only referring to the Igboid people therein) unwittingly arouses suspicion among South-Southerners. Not all SS people will understand that they are referring to only a part of it.

Remember that Midwest (now Edo & Delta) was neutral at the beginning of Biafra war. Igbo were considered kilt & kin. Until Biafra suddenly invaded Midwest to head to take Lagos.

That has always left the suspicion of Igbo expansionism. Probably same in Rivers and other SS areas.

SS has the most solidarity with SE. Therefore it's very important to allay fears of SS by being careful in how they address "ownership" of areas in the SS.

SE & SW basically have a similarly progressive outlook on life. But mutual mistrust has led SW to partner with the ultra-conservative North. Aside to achieve political relevance at the centre, politics being a game of number, the move is counter-intuitive. This is Nigeria's biggest problem. An alliance of the total South would force Nigeria to go regional and be more progressive.

1 Like

Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by tuniski: 4:44am On Apr 14, 2019
Kfed4ril:

A Yoruba would rather die than see or support a SE become something. But you guys want us to support your 2023 presidency dream.
Bro dream on

Who are you to speak for yorubas? Yorubas are very pragmatic and are sophisticated politically. For every yoruba that sounds like you, many more sound differently.
Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by tuniski: 4:49am On Apr 14, 2019
AreaFada2:

I am going to go off on a tangent a bit.

Personally I support the creation of an extra Igbo State. Although I doubt if the population of Anioma or Ikwerre is enough to be another state.

Unless a bordering Igbo state like Anambra across the Niger cedes some land to Anioma for example. But I cannot imagine a crucial city like Onitsha being given up.

Now to your assertion, the way some Igbo people carelessly include SS in Igbo territory (even though only referring to the Igboid people therein) unwittingly arouses suspicion among South-Southerners. Not all SS people will understand that they are referring to only a part of it.

Remember that Midwest (now Edo & Delta) was neutral at the beginning of Biafra war. Igbo were considered kilt & kin. Until Biafra suddenly invaded Midwest to head to take Lagos.

That has always left the suspicion of Igbo expansionism. Probably same in Rivers and other SS areas.

SS has the most solidarity with SE. Therefore it's very important to allay fears of SS by being careful in how they address "ownership" of areas in the SS.

SE & SW basically have a similarly progressive outlook on life. But mutual mistrust has led SW to partner with the ultra-conservative North. Aside to achieve political relevance at the centre, politics being a game of number, the move is counter-intuitive. This is Nigeria's biggest problem. An alliance of the total South would force Nigeria to go regional and be more progressive.
The day we move away from all these tribal and regional alliances to a nigerian rebirth, that day, we would have arrived as a nation. Nigeria first where federalism is not resource sharing but, development driven.
Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by AreaFada2: 6:58am On Apr 14, 2019
tuniski:

The day we move away from all these tribal and regional alliances to a nigerian rebirth, that day, we would have arrived as a nation. Nigeria first where federalism is not resource sharing but, development driven.
That is the Utopia of one Nigeria that Ironsi dreamed about and centralised Nigeria. Yet it didn't appease the North and he was gunned down.

We have practised unitarism disguised as federalism but failed since 1966.
A diverse country like Nigeria can never work like you allude to in a democracy.

Even countries that do not rely on natural resources, some regions are still richer and take in more taxes per head than others. California is way richer than Kentucky and Maryland is richer than Idaho in USA. In Germany Bavaria is way richer than Saxony-Anhalt. But all the states still work for their residents to a good albeit different wealth levels.

You cannot wish away our religious and cultural differences in Nigeria. They took milleniums to form. Regions need freedom to grow at own pace. And practice differing customs if they want. Like Sharia in the North.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by sapoyoro(m): 8:58am On Apr 14, 2019
Kfed4ril:

Oga shut up
odee..now I see reason why you igbos are hated allover this country....brain dead people....
I have never joined in those online bashings now I see why my fellow yorubas always mock you guys...
oloshii.
Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by sapoyoro(m): 9:02am On Apr 14, 2019
Alexis11:

You are only disturbing yourself. The problem Igbos have with you as a Yoruba man is beyond PDP and APC.

When Goodluck won almost all the states in the SW in 2011, the insults from them were massive. They were busy saying "it is over for Yoruba politically". But the story has changed today. cool
I can see..they are big hypocrites...no wonder no one trusts them...even we that voted PDP in sw are not exempted from their insults..
they are sick people...
we SW PDP has moved on from Atiku's defeat long ago...yet they are still basking in their bitterness...
a won oloshi gbogbo.

1 Like

Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by Alexis11: 9:56am On Apr 14, 2019
sapoyoro:

I can see..they are big hypocrites...no wonder no one trusts them...even we that voted PDP in sw are not exempted from their insults..
they are sick people...
we SW PDP has moved on from Atiku's defeat long ago...yet they are still basking in their bitterness...
a won oloshi gbogbo.

Well said. That is to tell you that their bitterness against you and I goes beyond PDP/APC. cool

Did you notice how they manage to pretend as if Jonathan did not win SW by landslide in 2011?
Did you also notice how they ignored the fact that PDP won 2 states in SW both in 2015 and 2019 presidential elections anytime they want to insult the Yorubas

cheesy
Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by tuniski: 12:11pm On Apr 14, 2019
AreaFada2:

That is the Utopia of one Nigeria that Ironsi dreamed about and centralised Nigeria. Yet it didn't appease the North and he was gunned down.

We have practised unitarism disguised as federalism but failed since 1966.
A diverse country like Nigeria can never work like you allude to in a democracy.

Even countries that do not rely on natural resources, some regions are still richer and take in more taxes per head than others. California is way richer than Kentucky and Maryland is richer than Idaho in USA. In Germany Bavaria is way richer than Saxony-Anhalt. But all the states still work for their residents to a good albeit different wealth levels.

You cannot wish away our religious and cultural differences in Nigeria. They took milleniums to form. Regions need freedom to grow at own pace. And practice differing customs if they want. Like Sharia in the North.
We are on the same page.
Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by Kfed4ril(m): 12:38pm On Apr 14, 2019
sapoyoro:

odee..now I see reason why you igbos are hated allover this country....brain dead people....
I have never joined in those online bashings now I see why my fellow yorubas always mock you guys...
oloshii.

Bros happy palm Sunday .
Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by nwanyionitsha: 3:59pm On Apr 14, 2019
iammo:
cool

Jokers, aboki slaves,

A true coward always swallow their own puked vomit and feaces when hungry like a dog.

Punks calling Nigeria Zoogeria, abokis begars or almajiri, and Yoruba's slave for partnering with buhari and APC, they have now been revealed as only been an envious group of loosers. .isn't Allah great, Alhamdulilai ...

Headslamming disease making some mad.
Are there no igbos in Apc? Hon Nkechi is an Apc member.
Leave bitterness alone so you can progress.
Sw is a region like every other region. They cant be vp and want another slot as speaker when others have nothing. That criminality will never stand.

1 Like

Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by nwanyionitsha: 4:00pm On Apr 14, 2019
luvmijeje:

What's now in it for the North-West? If they make South-East the speaker, they will become deputy speaker. I hear una.
North west? The president is from north west.
Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by nwanyionitsha: 4:01pm On Apr 14, 2019
luvmijeje:

So, Onyejeocha is in APC. I thought he is in PDP. Best of luck to him.
Her/she.
Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by nwanyionitsha: 4:04pm On Apr 14, 2019
kunmiiii:
Jokers!! Which kain foolery and delusion dey worry these people sef

Imagine someone up there saying the South East never called any region unprintable names, and he buttresed his point by saying they supported Atiku.

Abeg, tell your stories while walking and take it to the bank, Femi Gbajabiamila is the Speaker of the 9th Assembly, even if he doesn't get that Speakership, there's absolutely no conceivable way it's going to South East!
Dreamer. You think Nass is part of tinibus empire.

1 Like

Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by sweetjohn(m): 5:35pm On Apr 15, 2019
Alexis11:

Lol.... So it's Igbos that know how Northerners see Yorubas?? And that "knowing" has produced going to 16years President/V.P since 1999

We all know why Igbos celebrate every little favour like this from the Northerners. grin

True slaves like the Igbos appreciate every crumbs that fall from the table of their masters. cool
You are pathetic, ve you ever been to the north before. Go there and come back to gist us. Imagine how fools think, 16yrs president and VP? What ve you achieved?
Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by Alexis11: 6:24pm On Apr 15, 2019
sweetjohn:
You are pathetic, ve you ever been to the north before. Go there and come back to gist us. Imagine how fools think, 16yrs president and VP? What ve you achieved?

Your generations yet unborn are more pathetic.

And yes, I spent good 4 years in the North. cool
Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by ymgiremawa(m): 6:31pm On Apr 15, 2019
cowardafonja:
This is a welcome development. I'm a yoruba but I believe that supporting the Easterners is one sure way to move this country forward. I therefore, implore yoruba christain to ignore the greedy demands of tinubu who thinks everything yoruba is automatically his own.
are you afraid or ashame of your identity? you serial bigot
Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by sweetjohn(m): 6:55pm On Apr 16, 2019
Alexis11:

Your generations yet unborn are more pathetic.

And yes, I spent good 4 years in the North. cool
Then you a fool not to notice that the North do not regard the Yoruba as anything
Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by Alexis11: 6:30am On Apr 17, 2019
sweetjohn:
Then you a fool not to notice that the North do not regard the Yoruba as anything

Then you are nothing but imbec.ile for believing your own lies. grin

By the way, whatever you add "Igbo" to is dead already in the hands of an average Northerners.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by sweetjohn(m): 10:45pm On Apr 17, 2019
Alexis11:

Then you are nothing but imbec.ile for believing your own lies. grin

By the way, whatever you add "Igbo" to is dead already in the hands of an average Northerners.

cheesy
You are a fool who refuse to accept the reality and as a comfortable Afonja like you, you choosed to be blind to the truth staring at you. Spit at ya stupidity
Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by Alexis11: 5:22am On Apr 18, 2019
sweetjohn:
You are a fool who refuse to accept the reality and as a comfortable Afonja like you, you choosed to be blind to the truth staring at you. Spit at ya stupidity

Lol.... I can not accept your own reality bro, I have mine. cool

Go and spit on your father's bald head. grin

1 Like

Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 18, 2019
sapoyoro:

1.7 million Yoruba voted for PDP..against a party that has our own as VP..
some of you Igbo people comments are just extremely stupidd and idioticc...always lumping all of us together... even though a lot of us in sw as elections has always shown always vote the same party as u...
you guys are braindead..

That's the stupidity of you Yorubas that are claiming liberal. You abandoned your son and voted an ibo VP. Ibos will never abandon their own son. Ibos would have shown you their true colour if atiku won. They would insult you and tell you to go to hell even after voting atiku. Remember the way they turned Gej government against Yoruba despite voting for him in 2011. See the way they quickly abandoned Biafra when atiku gave them the VP. That's why I pity people like Demolarewaju on Twitter always supporting atiku.

1 Like

Re: House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha by sweetgala(m): 8:55am On Apr 19, 2019
Amumaigwe:

Prof Ishaq Akintola of MURIC does not agree with you.

Prof Akintola of MURIC is not the spokesperson for the Yoruba people. He doesn't represent the concept of Omoluabi and he has never presented himself as such.

He has his own agenda outside the Yoruba identify and best of luck to him in that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anambra Police Launches Rapid Response Squad- Pictures / Card Reader Delays President Jonathan's Accreditation / How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.