Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,420 members, 7,819,515 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns (27525 Views)

Andreev, Russian Ambassador To Poland Splattered With Red Paint By Protesters / Trump Holds A Bible, Visits Church In White House Vandalized By Protesters / Rasmiya Awad: Sister Of Abu Bakr Al-baghdadi Captured By Turkish Forces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by Newsjamz: 11:28am On Apr 13, 2019
Awad Ibn Auf, the head of Sudan’s supreme military council, on Friday stepped down from office.

Mr Ibn Auf resigned in a nationwide broadcast late Friday after protesters rejected him as the head of a transitional government following the ouster of Omar Al-Bashir.

Mr Al-Bashir, who had led Sudan since 1989, was removed from office in a military coup Thursday morning.

Mr Ibn Auf, a general who served as Mr Al-Bashir’s defence minister, immediately named Abdel Fattah Burhan, a lieutenant-general, as the new head of the council.

“This is for the benefit of our nation, without having to look at special interests, big or small, that may impede its progress,” Mr Ibn Auf said. “I would like to recommend that you work together and reach a solution very speedily.”
He said he was stepping down to “preserve unity” of the armed forces, expressing confidence that Mr Burhan “will steer the ship to safe shores.”

Protesters continued to demand a civilian-led transition, one which they said must not include actors of Mr Al-Bashir’s 30-year authoritarian regime.
The broadcast was received with wide jubilation by protesters, who congratulated themselves for being able to end Mr Al-Bashir’s government and the military council that succeeded it within 48 hours.

Mr Burhan was one of the generals who met with protesters that camped outside the military headquarters as part of the week-long sit-ins across Sudan last week. He might make his initial announcement to the nation on Saturday, local media reported.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/325211-sudans-interim-leader-rejected-by-protesters-resigns.html

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 13, 2019
When will this wave reach Nigeria my useless country?

A country of lazy, apathetic, hedonistic, docile cowards.

214 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by DMerciful(m): 1:09pm On Apr 13, 2019
See the way leaders are responding to public outcry unlike my country where bullets will be sent forth!

137 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by Nairalandmentor(m): 3:25pm On Apr 13, 2019
Atleast he's better than some naija politicians

No advance payments required! Get your website designed then pay after. Kindly click HERE to see our beautiful designs.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by GlorifiedTunde(m): 3:25pm On Apr 13, 2019
Na country be this ooo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by Richdad50(m): 3:25pm On Apr 13, 2019
shocked

Nairalanders are cowards. Only commentary and memes no action. A 22 year old through social media energized a base and drove the most important protest in their history but here, they energized 'likes' and 'mentions'. Sic!

If you think we will make it better for you then you will be decieving yourselves. Strength is in the youths and power to cause change is significant in the young.

Richdad

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by dewhaley: 3:25pm On Apr 13, 2019
Nice.....
Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by kerry57: 3:25pm On Apr 13, 2019
Good one from the guy that resigned. It's not a do or die affairs. Other African countries should learn from Susan.

7 Likes

Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by advocate666: 3:25pm On Apr 13, 2019
Hedonini:

Who wants to fight for a Zoo?

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by Fizzymike1(m): 3:26pm On Apr 13, 2019
Oh lord sendthis kind of sense to Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by horlus(m): 3:26pm On Apr 13, 2019
Hedonini:

We are divided , it will be difficult to come together as one to fight a worthy cause.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by salbis(m): 3:26pm On Apr 13, 2019
Sometimes people tend to overestimate the powers of their leaders. But the truth is, they (leaders) are as weak as anything without people.
An average Nigerian may think they are more courageous than their Sudanese counterparts, but look at how they tackled the hydra-headed monster.

5 Likes

Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by Lamasta(m): 3:26pm On Apr 13, 2019
Africa will be great again cool
Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by johnmba: 3:27pm On Apr 13, 2019
Hedonini:

It will not reach nigeria. Just call for protest now ....some people will collect money and sabotage the whole thing.

Remember Tuface protest.....what happened.

23 Likes

Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by Heyzee5: 3:27pm On Apr 13, 2019
Okay. Great they got their wish.
Check my signature to make legit income online.
Thank me later. wink
Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 13, 2019
Hedonini:

I want to believe you are not Nigerian, maybe you are a foreign troll sent on this forum to destabilize our minds against our Nation.

Then, if you are Nigerian, I can bet you don't understand what you typed up there. Lemme explain what you typed up there for you:

You typed "when will this wave reach Nigeria my useless Country?". Well, you are actually telling us that your place of Origin is useless and so is everything that comes out of it. In other words you are telling us you are as useless as your place of existence.

You typed "a country of lazy, apathetic, hedonistic, docile cowards". Well, you are simply telling us that you are lazy, apathetic, hedonistic, docile & a coward. Why? Because you are also a product of the dirt you are describing.

Careful what you say about your own Country even when the situation is suffocating, always find your cool.

Moreover, online ranting changes not, true change lies within us, the individuals.

We Are Who We Claim to be.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by Pavore9: 3:28pm On Apr 13, 2019
These people are brave.
Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by Banwod1st(m): 3:28pm On Apr 13, 2019
Try this in Nigeria and you will be 6ft down in seconds...
Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by samyyoung1(m): 3:28pm On Apr 13, 2019
Tribalism wld not allow us achieve this in Nigeria, some run after Buhari, some after Cowlu n others after Tinubu

8 Likes

Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by 2special(m): 3:28pm On Apr 13, 2019
it might or will happen in Nigeria, if any leader dare try to rule for more than 8 years but those people are worst, how can someone rule you for 30years.

3 Likes

Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by Spuggie: 3:29pm On Apr 13, 2019
Interesting scene
Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by pobosky20(m): 3:30pm On Apr 13, 2019
chai!! See how d people of Sudan won their protest? Nigerian Youths must begin to learn from others.

3 Likes

Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by Uyomeyouyo: 3:31pm On Apr 13, 2019
Great!
Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by chloride6: 3:32pm On Apr 13, 2019
Rubbish...

Revolution is a scam...

Evolution is the main thing..

The leaders will still emerge from the political class..

3 Likes

Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by Arysexy(m): 3:33pm On Apr 13, 2019
Unity of purpose.

In Nigeria, some bigots would have started a protest in support bc of tribal affiliation

Tribalism kee Nigeria well well

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by poseidon12: 3:33pm On Apr 13, 2019
Hedonini:

You can say it again.
Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by Maket: 3:33pm On Apr 13, 2019
This Sudan's protesters are strongly backed by unseen force.
The type Bia...*...ra Needed.

IFA the archaic Google
(modern) said it before now that the 2 years won't work.

1 Like

Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by Enemyofpeace: 3:33pm On Apr 13, 2019
Shame on Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by EddyNumerouno(m): 3:33pm On Apr 13, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
Shame on Nigerians
advocate666:

Who wants to fight for a Zoo?
Wa
Hedonini:

iting for those coming to insult Nigerians

They have started grin grin grin
As if they aren’t Nigerian
Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by Chinashopping84: 3:33pm On Apr 13, 2019
good
Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by StaffofOrayan(m): 3:34pm On Apr 13, 2019
And you think Sudan, a country with multiple wars and tens of warlords are not divided?
I think the problem is a lot of people in Nigeria are mentally sick, if everybody decides to rise up, there are some youths that would tell you we are better than Mali or Syria.
It's only in Nigeria that people claim they have 24 hours electricity 24/7 and the govt is the best thing that ever happened to them even when the government is apologizing for inefficiency

horlus:

We are divided , it will be difficult to come together as one to fight a worthy cause.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sudan: Awad Ibn Auf Rejected By Protesters, Resigns by PHIPEX(m): 3:34pm On Apr 13, 2019
Hedonini:

We are too divided for that, there will always be an ethnic or religious colouration.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bernie Sanders, US President In Waiting - Mr Rights / Rishi Sunak To Become UK PM Tomorrow, After Meeting With King Charles / Barack Obama Is Greatest President Of Our Lifetime - Many Americans Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.