Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC (13834 Views)

President Buhari Meets With Lawan (Photos) / Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Lawan, Gbajabiamila Emerge / Senator Mohammed Sani Musa Celebrates Supreme Court Victory With Lawan Omo-Agege (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by nairavsdollars(f): 6:44pm On Apr 13, 2019
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) on Saturday said it has no problem with Ahmad Lawan, its choice for the position of Senate President, meeting with relevant stakeholders in the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) to canvass for votes.

Despite the threat by Adams Oshiomhole, the National Chairman of APC, that it will have nothing to do with the PDP because the APC is the majority in the upper chamber of the National Assembly, Lawan was reported to have met with some PDP senators and governors, soliciting their support for the number three position.

However, speaking in a chat with INDEPENDENT, Lanre Issa-Onilu, APC’s National Publicity Secretary, said the party has no problem with Lawan meeting with relevant stakeholders in the PDP to canvass for votes.

According to him, it won’t be a bad thing if Lawan can also get votes from PDP senators on the day of election.

He said the party is confident that no matter what happens, the interest of the APC is paramount on Lawan’s mind wherever he finds himself.

“Does he not have a right to campaign for the position of Senate Presidency? It doesn’t matter if he reaches out to PDP. If there will be votes from PDP, it is good.

“Part of the reason why he was chosen by the party is because he has the capacity to reach out across the divide.

“So, we don’t have any problem with him relating with anybody. We have absolute confidence that wherever he is, the interest of the party is uppermost on his mind; and that is the most important thing,” he said.
https://www.independent.ng/senate-presidency-no-problem-with-lawan-meeting-with-pdp-stakeholders-senators-apc/

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by hisexcellency34: 6:49pm On Apr 13, 2019
Yeye pipu. I thought Oshi-omo-ole said they don't need support of PDP to produce Senate President

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by izzou(m): 6:54pm On Apr 13, 2019
When they need power, it's the entire North and South West collabo

When they want to share power, they divide it into four. It becomes
North East
North West
North Central, and then

South West

Tinubu should start getting wiser

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by amaniro: 6:55pm On Apr 13, 2019
shocked

But they'll certainly be problem when a PDP senator begs APC senators for votes. Ndî ara

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by amaniro: 6:59pm On Apr 13, 2019
izzou:

North East
North West
North Central, and then

South West

I've said it before and I'll say it again. TINUBU DON ENTER ONE CHANCE. YOU THINK NORTH GO ENDORSE AM? LOL. I ASKED ONE BUHARIST IN MY AREA, HE SAID GOD FORBID HE SHOULD SUPPORT TINUBU THAT HE'S TOO CORRUPT. TINUBU can only be President in Bourdilon street. grin

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by ULSHERLAN(m): 6:59pm On Apr 13, 2019
I though Oshiomole said they don’t need PdP’s support

5 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by chudez0147(m): 7:00pm On Apr 13, 2019
He will soon beg AAC join.. Despirado!!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by iammo(m): 7:00pm On Apr 13, 2019
smiley
Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by Passionate888: 7:02pm On Apr 13, 2019
Why them don dey change mouth?

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by igbosarejews(m): 7:03pm On Apr 13, 2019
Following the intrigues and intricacies of the Z republic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by ekestic1976(f): 7:04pm On Apr 13, 2019
amaniro:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. TINUBU DON ENTER ONE CHANCE. YOU THINK NORTH GO ENDORSE AM? LOL. I ASKED ONE BUHARIST IN MY AREA, HE SAID GOD FORBID HE SHOULD SUPPORT TINUBU THAT HE'S TOO CORRUPT. TINUBU can only be President in Bourdilon street. grin

Schooling is naturally a tool of Enlightenment, but the way some so-called educated people think aloud on Nairaland can make one think that their education was in vain. Tinubu has NEVER come out to declare for President of Nigeria in 2023 or at any other time! But only fools would not know that this is unnecessary propaganda steeped in Hate.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by pat077: 7:05pm On Apr 13, 2019
I have not heard from oshiomole of late. grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by hisexcellency34: 7:07pm On Apr 13, 2019
When PDP Don support another senator called Ndume

Passionate888:
Why them don dey change mouth?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by isram: 7:07pm On Apr 13, 2019
Nigeria is gone

Hustle for yourself

There was a country

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by SouthSouth1914: 7:09pm On Apr 13, 2019
APC is the greatest fraud on earth! Lying, thieving, and thuggery party.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by RTSC: 7:13pm On Apr 13, 2019
lol
Tinubu will not like this.

Any candidate that wants pdp support should give iron clad assurance that he would not be a puppet to tinubu.

And secondly, a Yoruba must not lead the current national assembly.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by TroubleMaker47(m): 7:13pm On Apr 13, 2019
Now this is a man with wisdom!
Oshiomole should be the least sharpest tool in the APC box! Only 2nd to Buhari! grin

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by sammyj: 7:15pm On Apr 13, 2019
shocked cool Definitely he will serve the PDP senators till end of his term. shocked
Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 13, 2019
izzou:

North East
North West
North Central, and then

South West

sw is fully yoruba unlike north. Use your brain. Ne is kanuri.
Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by Gandollaar(f): 7:20pm On Apr 13, 2019
amaniro:

Tinubu can only be president in Iragbiji republic.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by abvirus(m): 7:20pm On Apr 13, 2019
Na oshiomole I dey wait to hear from. Mr loud mouth

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by Gandollaar(f): 7:21pm On Apr 13, 2019
iammo:
smiley
What??
Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by UtuokeAlcoholic: 7:26pm On Apr 13, 2019
My fellow FLATRON DONKEYS, this is a legacy left behind by our director for the young ones to imitate.
grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by Artzdanielsz(m): 7:26pm On Apr 13, 2019
nairavsdollars:

The interest of the party is uppermost on his mind; and that is the most important thing,” he said.
We don suffer, not even the interest of Nigeria but that of few selfish individuals
Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by Gandollaar(f): 7:30pm On Apr 13, 2019
ekestic1976:

Schooling is naturally a tool of Enlightenment, but the way some so-called educated people think aloud on Nairaland can make one think that their education was in vain. Tinubu has NEVER come out to declare for President of Nigeria in 2023 or at any other time! But only fools would not know that this is unnecessary propaganda steeped in Hate.
Oga mechie onu gi dia! Prior 2023 when nobody was sure if the dullard was going to seek reelection, and at the height of Tinubu's been sidelined, him tinubu and Baba Akande declared at an APC function in either Oyo or Osun that anyone was free to contest the presidency.

Subsequently, a few weeks later, tinubu told reporters that if buhari was running, that he tinubu would not run, but if it became clear that the dullard would not run, then he, the Robin Hood of SW himself, would run.

Prior 2015, tinubu was so desperate to be VP but for the outcry against a Muslim/Muslim ticket.

Does it not make sense that when the dullard dies in 2023, the coast would be clear for tinubu to test his popularity? Yes, he has every right to to do but he's going no where!!

8 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by Gandollaar(f): 7:35pm On Apr 13, 2019
pat077:
I have not heard from oshiomole of late. grin
Now the dust has settled, the baboon is enjoying his election loot somewhere with his barren olosho wife.
Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by Nasir123(m): 7:41pm On Apr 13, 2019
Gandollaar:
Oga mechie onu gi dia! Prior 2023 when nobody was sure if the dullard was going to seek reelection, and at the height of Tinubu's been sidelined, him tinubu and Baba Akande declared at an APC function in either Oyo or Osun that anyone was free to contest the presidency.

Subsequently, a few weeks later, tinubu told reporters that if buhari was running, that he tinubu would not run, but if it became clear that the dullard would not run, then he, the Robin Hood of SW himself, would run.

Prior 2015, tinubu was so desperate to be VP but for the outcry against a Muslim/Muslim ticket.

Does it not make sense that when the dullard dies in 2023, the coast would be clear for tinubu to test his popularity? Yes, he has every right to to do but he's going no where!!

grin[center][/center]
grin

U want to stop him!?

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by GreyLaw(m): 7:42pm On Apr 13, 2019
IntrovertedK:
sw is fully yoruba unlike north. Use your brain. Ne is kanuri.

The whole NE Kanuri? I hope you know Yobe, Adamawa, Taraba, Bauchi are also NE and these are not Kanuris. Kanuris are majorly domiciled in Bornu.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by ArmaniUhuru: 7:51pm On Apr 13, 2019
[s]
Honor10:

kill urself wen he become president in 2023. insulting someone that ur father can't even look in the face. ode!
[/s]

Tinubu will only be president in your dreams come 2023.

The rest of the south(SS & SE) will join the north to produce the next president. No be only una sabi form alliance with north. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by hisexcellency34: 7:52pm On Apr 13, 2019
Even Saraki exposed Tinubu that he wants Buhari to hand over to him in 2023

Gandollaar:

3 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: No Problem With Lawan Begging PDP Senators For Votes -APC by Honor10: 7:58pm On Apr 13, 2019
Gandollaar:

kill urself wen he become president in 2023. insulting someone that ur father can't even look in the face. ode!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

#EndSARS Started In National Assembly - Alhassan Ado-Doguwa / Kabiru Dodo: Aisha Buhari Did Not Run To Dubai Over Insecurity In Aso Rock / Bandits Currently Operating At Magazu Town, Katsina-zamfara Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.