Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,058 members, 7,828,724 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

" The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium (15582 Views)

The Trials Of Love (clean/christian Romance) / The Trials Of Chris Abani And The Power Of Empty Words By Ikhide R. Ikheloa / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by Ann2012(f): 8:37am On Aug 17, 2019
Well done OP

1 Like

Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by Emex100(m): 2:02pm On Aug 17, 2019
this is related to someone i know. weldon

1 Like

Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by Hydronium(m): 5:43pm On Aug 19, 2019
It's been a long and dizzying journey for Maclean Agu in this series--and we've come to the end of the first season where all ends that ends well.
Do read and show us some love in the comments section. Tell us your thoughts about S1 and what you're looking forward to in S2.
Season 2 commences *Sunday 15 September 2019* �
Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by Hydronium(m): 6:12pm On Aug 19, 2019
A mighty big thank you to

Ann2012
Cassbeat
Ericbertrand
Plolly
Emex100

For being there and following all the while.
Hope to see you around for a better season 2.

1 Like

Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by Plolly(f): 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2019
Hydronium:
A mighty big thank you to
Ann2012 Cassbeat Ericbertrand Plolly Emex100
For been there and following all the while. Hope to see you around for a better season 2.
u wlkm mention me when u start

1 Like

Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by Emex100(m): 12:37am On Aug 20, 2019
just give a mention and i will be there mate
Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by cassbeat(m): 9:47am On Aug 20, 2019
Nice one op just keep me updated
Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by Hydronium(m): 4:34pm On Oct 15, 2019
Greetings all.
Season 2's begun.
Do we continue with this thread or we use another?
Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by abubakarbabang7(m): 8:38am On Oct 16, 2019
Hydronium:
Greetings all.
Season 2's begun.
Do we continue with this thread or we use another?
let's continue here pls
Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by Hydronium(m): 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2019
abubakarbabang7:
let's continue here pls
Great then. Let's do it!
Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by Hydronium(m): 12:30pm On Oct 16, 2019
We begin...

Ann2012
Cassbeat
Ericbertrand
Plolly
Emex100
Abubakarbabang7

Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by Hydronium(m): 1:23pm On Oct 16, 2019
S2E01

The moon shone with the intensity of a million lamps and I glared back with the intensity of a million eyes. I had just had my fill of pounded yam and Oha soup topped with a large gallon of fresh palm wine. So instead of joining in the chat with the others, I decided to lay down on the soft grass, a short distance from the blazing fire in the midst of my Father’s compound and think of my luck. Although the blackness of the night had fully set in, merriment was still ongoing; the children were clapping and singing, pipes were smoking, flutes playing and most importantly, my mother’s sonorous laughter threading through it all—Maclean was back and alive and he was getting married!

I had proposed to Sansa and she had agreed to marry me—six months into our relationship, six months after all hell had let loose on me. It wasn’t that I had no worries in those six months though, in fact, it had been far from trouble-free. I had been ejected from my apartment, and regretfully, my brothers and the other urchins had had to return to their respective bases. I was jobless and the only job I found in all that time was that of a car wash attendant which I did for a week before dropping the towel and bucket. Most strangely, the document with my signature had been found and TrustMond had come for my neck. That morning was like a dream, two police officers knocking on the door of my dainty one-room apartment where I was having breakfast of soaked Gari and fried fish:

“You are under arrest, Mr Agu.”

“Under arrest? For what?”

Of course, the Nigerian police will only tell you that you’d find out more when you got to the station and that whatever you said would be used against you in the court of law. Typical, that sort of thing.

I went with them, fidgety, wondering what kind of luck I had, just when I was thinking the drama was over and I could live a normal life, with Sansa.

I was jailed for days on end, packed together with three dozen inmates in a fairly large cell with nothing but worn cartons for beds and tiny vents for windows. Sansa rained hail and brimstone on the officers every time she came, threatening that they would pay for their ‘indecency’. She would come from work to see me every day, with wraps of Boli and groundnut or coolers of cooked food which the wardens never allowed her to directly give me, on grounds of it containing incriminating evidence. Eventually, only about a tenth part would get to me. I was nevertheless grateful for this tenth part, because I found that most inmates would kill for a twentieth of it.

Sansa regularly updated me on the steps she was taking to get me out. It was from her that I finally heard about the incriminating document, that Mr Abayo had looted about two hundred million of taxpayer’s money and had disappeared without a trace as soon as he sniffed that the police were on to him. As an accomplice therefore, the noose was around my neck to produce him. Yet, I wondered why in those three weeks I wasn’t called in for questioning, just dumped along with a mishmash of snoring and stinking cellmates, served stale food during the day and served as gourmet to the mosquitoes at night.

Here I was five months later, glaring back at the moon and drinking in all the breeze of freedom I could. How it happened, I am not exactly sure. One morning, an officer had approached the cell and the dozens of us had rushed to the bars, in anticipation of being let out. The officer swiped viciously at the bar with a whip and the dozens of us crashed back, trampling and falling over each other. When he finally lifted the piece of paper and called my name, asking me to step forward, I reeled, like a canon had just gone off next to my ear. I paused for a long stunned moment until the officer’s voice boomed again.

It had been a while, perhaps a week, and I was beginning to think that typical of some ladies, Sansa had forsaken me, but when I saw her there at the reception with some of my brothers, my heart enlarged and engulfed her. She hugged me, despite my filth and whispered that she’d never leave my side. When I asked what had happened, she said we’d talk about it.

I couldn’t believe my luck when I was handed fresh clothing and allowed to walk free out of the police station, the officers glaring at me, like a fox glaring helplessly as his dinner is being gulped down by a lioness.

Sansa later said she did all she’d done to ensure that the matter was not taken to the court, that she’d had to step on toes, grease fingers, grant favours to make the document go away. And since the document no longer existed, I could walk. Unless, Mr Abayo was ever found, if he ever testified against me. Sansa didn’t say much more about it and I didn’t think to ask much about it since she looked battle-weary and in fact fell ill after the ordeal.

Looking over to where my family sat by the blazing fire brimming with joy, I knew a happy life had truly just begun for me. I had found a good woman and that was enough for me.

Before I closed my eyes and declared Moon winner of Glare, I muttered a brief prayer that Mr Abayo would rot to death wherever he was.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by Emex100(m): 7:21pm On Oct 16, 2019
Thanks for the mention mate
following as always. As sure my sweetie will join later

1 Like

Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by Missmossy(f): 7:51am On Oct 17, 2019
Interesting grin keep it coming!!

1 Like

Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by Ann2012(f): 9:39am On Oct 17, 2019
Hydronium:
We begin...

Ann2012
Cassbeat
Ericbertrand
Plolly
Emex100
Abubakarbabang7

1 bottle of champagne pls

1 Like

Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by Emex100(m): 10:15am On Oct 17, 2019
Ann2012:

1 bottle of champagne pls
served.

1 Like

Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by Ann2012(f): 10:18am On Oct 17, 2019
Emex100:

served.

Gracias wink

1 Like

Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by Hydronium(m): 10:19pm On Oct 17, 2019
Welcome ladies and gentlemen
It's going to be a lot of fun!
Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by Plolly(f): 7:58am On Oct 18, 2019
We don land
Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by Hydronium(m): 8:42pm On Oct 27, 2019
I loaded EP 2 last week but just discovered that it's not here. Sincere apologies. I'm posting 2 & 3 now
Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by WAACUT(m): 4:08pm On Oct 28, 2019
OK

1 Like

Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by dawno2008(m): 5:32pm On Oct 28, 2019
Teah I know I was late,but I'm here now nice story,pls keep it flowing

1 Like

Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by Hydronium(m): 11:18pm On Oct 28, 2019
Welcome WAACUT and dawno2008!
Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by Hydronium(m): 11:24pm On Oct 28, 2019
I've been banned twice trying to post ep 2 and 3...
Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by Girlyy: 5:54pm On Oct 29, 2019
I love this.. thank you op

1 Like

Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by Hydronium(m): 2:04am On Oct 30, 2019
Girlyy:
I love this.. thank you op
Welcome!
Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by Hydronium(m): 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2019
I think certain content is my story is causing me to be banned.
What to do now?
Re: " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium by tahir01(m): 4:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
Hydronium:
I think certain content is my story is causing me to be banned.
What to do now?
Try posting it bit by bit. Am yet to read episode 2

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

She Died In My Room 1 / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.