Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,199 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! (12133 Views)

Very Urgent;current Price For Nokia C7 And N8 Please! / All Symbian ^3 Apps And Games Here(n8,c7,e7,etc) / How Much Is Nokia C6 Or Nokia X6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by nearest(m): 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2010
I think nokia are waking up to reality, the've just gotten a formal microsoft executive to run their creative or something department, on bbc yesterday someone was complaining about how complicated nokia phones are when compared to the iphone, he specifically mentioned the large manual that comes with nokia phones as a huge burden for some users.
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by hackney(m): 3:54pm On Sep 16, 2010
The iphone in general is very much cutting edge;
with the 1000's of apps and handy utilities, its in a class of its own.

The only other handheld that comes close is the blackberry series;
(simply due to their email handling specialities and the freebie messenger service)

The rest are clutching at straws (at least for now).
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by Ayowumie(m): 4:15pm On Sep 16, 2010
I wonder what the big deal is abt Nokia to make a front page on NL
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by Guyman02: 4:36pm On Sep 16, 2010
I give Nokia only one month to sell the ORIGINAL version before the Chinese guys come out with Chinko version for 5K (same design, same colour) and every Okada rider, akara seller will be brandishing the C6, C7 and even C class grin grin grin grin the only difference will be in the spelling of the name NOKIA, instead you will see NCKIA C7 or NOKLA C6 grin grin grin
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by audacious: 5:00pm On Sep 16, 2010
4llerbuntu:

@ lynx, better buy your android!!

shay na new casing and effizy wan dey dull u? abi is it not the same old symbian cack that we have been using for donkey years?

soon naw na how to hack, install AV, install this n that we go dey hear.

its the same old wine in a new bottle, go with the times and upgrade your parol, wetin be symbian? tseew, if e like make e be V10

@ all, i dont mean to put Nokia down but way i figure, if your not a "dont know nada" user and u know wassup, i really dont see why u would buy anor symbian fone when u can see the great devices out now, Iphone 4, HTC etc.

Foward ever jare. make dem go drwaing board go re-strategise. if i were them, i would pay thru my nose and buy up meego from google

@ 4llerbuntu

Just a little correction: Google has nothing to do with MeeGo, it's a linux based OS championed by Nokia and Intel (i.e. a merger of Nokia's Maemo OS and Intel's Mobilin OS). Nokia said the N8 is going to be the last N Series device running the Symbian OS, with Meego taking over on future N Series devices.
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by lynxnoon(m): 5:05pm On Sep 16, 2010
Guyman02:

I give Nokia only one month to sell the ORIGINAL version before the Chinese guys come out with Chinko version for 5K (same design, same colour) and every Okada rider, akara seller will be brandishing the C6, C7 and even C class grin grin grin grin the only difference will be in the spelling of the name NOKIA, instead you will see NCKIA C7 or NOKLA C6 grin grin grin
if e no be PANADOL e no fit be like PANADOL grin grin grin
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by texazzpete(m): 5:19pm On Sep 16, 2010
pritypeety:

U are so ignorant and a big fool 4 saying that! Do u even research at all?
N8 is old news? a phone dat hasn't even been released yet I bet u belong to the class of people dat use china phones. C let me let u down onthe info,
c6 and n8 was announced april 2010 but c6 has long been available since july. N8 on the other hand would be available October. c7 and e7 was just recently announced  this September agreed and would also be released the same period with N8. so wats your problem dude?

See this twit! The C6 on display here is a revised model with a new AMOLED display, updated camera and the new Symbian revision. Before Nokia World, these 3 phones were not known to all, N8 has been in the news for ages. It's been previewed extensively by Eldar Murtazin of Mobile-review. it's been played with my loads of tech bloggers. Impressions have been posted on the web for months.
In short, it is old news. Please if you cannot differentiate between 'old product' and 'old news', i cannot help you further.
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by Goldenmeda(m): 5:58pm On Sep 16, 2010
make una all check dis out, coming on d way

Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by usbcable(m): 5:59pm On Sep 16, 2010
I often kind of wonder do you guys always buy a phone and replace it the moment another model comes on board.
you all defi nately have a phone simbian,android,iphone even chinko so just as soo n as something new is released it turns into thrash?
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by Goldenmeda(m): 6:01pm On Sep 16, 2010
all on d way,

Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by Dclique(m): 6:17pm On Sep 16, 2010
Nokia should make phones with in-built DVB-H receivers instead of making us purchase it.
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by bigbrovar: 6:32pm On Sep 16, 2010
Most of the phones listed here are still stop gap measures meant at stopping the rot* not fixing it, just as symbian ^3 is still not the promiseland for nokia. All the devices announced in nokia world are not high end devices. Even the N8 is between the upper mid range line. The real ace for Nokia is the Rumored N9 which is expected to be the first device which ships Meego. Meego is what nokia intend to use as a weapon to battle android and iSO on the high end device spectrum. It would be a long battle in the mobile space but in this battle for once we the grass can sit and enjoy smiley
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:36pm On Sep 16, 2010
bigbrovar:

Most of the phones listed here are still stop gap measures meant at stopping the rot* not fixing it, just as symbian ^3 is still not the promiseland for nokia. All the devices announced in nokia world are not high end devices. Even the N8 is between the upper mid range line. The real ace for Nokia is the Rumored N9 which is expected to be the first device which ships Meego. Meego is what nokia intend to use as a weapon to battle android and iSO on the high end device spectrum. It would be a long battle in the mobile space but in this battle for once we the grass can sit and enjoy smiley

WORD!!!! bro wassup? how u doing? miss irritating you with mu ubuntunut questions!! grin grin grin grin

where do you hang out these days?
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by Marlbron: 7:50pm On Sep 16, 2010
Op and other, slightly off topic, but since you are on high end phones, I need help.

My sim free htc desire purchased and which I had been using in the UK does not detect 3G signals in Nigeria. I have tried MTN, Glo etc. I wonder if I need to configure VPN. Can anyone on this forum help? I talked to MTN techies in Maitama and was told that the phone needs to be unlocked! I knew straight away he was out of his depth. I can make calls, receive calls but cannot go online.
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by tall4real(m): 8:17pm On Sep 16, 2010
People People People why are you hating on Nokia
First some argue that Nokia is too reliant on Symbian but remember if i am not mistaken the Symbian brought multi-tasking to us  as we know it today and besides not only Nokia uses Symbian (it is only that they made it popular) Sony Ericsson also make use of the Symbian platform. Besides Apple is developing on their i phone OS, Google on Andriod for HTC,Samsung; as also Nokia is developing on Symbian hence the emergence of Symbian ^3
Secondly, software and third party application development is better and easier to create on the symbian platfotm.There are an array of apps on the symbian platform. In other words it allows for easy software development.
Thirdly, most of the advocates of I phone, Apple as we all know is very stingy. It didn't allow Adobe to create a platform for flash content on its i phone, you can't send files through bluetooth, you have to buy almost all apps, can't use your I phone to sync without i tunes. Although it still has it perks like the retina display and the display, music player etc.
Besides the phone makers you are saying are better than Nokia pretty much make phones for high end users.
In conclusion what am saying is that other phone makers are superb are good in their own respect (i even love the I phone) but we should not be too quick to dismiss Nokia or symbian as failed.Besides Nokia is still the largest phone maker by market share.
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by blacksta(m): 9:21pm On Sep 16, 2010
Nothing come close to the Android OS for phone - clearly breath taking
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by bigbrovar: 9:40pm On Sep 16, 2010
4llerbuntu:

WORD!!!! bro wassup? how u doing? miss irritating you with mu ubuntunut questions!! grin grin grin grin

where do you hang out these days?
I mostly hangout on irc #nglug on freenode smiley you can also find me on identica my handle is @bigbrovar
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by GBT(m): 10:47pm On Sep 16, 2010
The e7 reminds me of SIDEKICK overall it is nice to know that the decision makers in nokia have realize they must have to stand up and be counted now not necessary with the features but the styling
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by lynxnoon(m): 11:17pm On Sep 16, 2010
Marlbron:

Op and other, slightly off topic, but since you are on high end phones, I need help.

My sim free htc desire purchased and which I had been using in the UK does not detect 3G signals in Nigeria. I have tried MTN, Glo etc. I wonder if I need to configure VPN. Can anyone on this forum help? I talked to MTN techies in Maitama and was told that the phone needs to be unlocked! I knew straight away he was out of his depth. I can make calls, receive calls but cannot go online.
well all d htd desire came on 2g n 3g frequencies dat can work in naija. . . . .
so most likely jst check the connection settings and see if its not set on GSM only instead of UMTS or DUAL
I hope this helps undecided
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by amblors(m): 6:47am On Sep 17, 2010
When it comes to building hardware, Nokia is one of the best out there, no doubt.
These are all very nice looking devices.
What these devices can actually achieve has been nokia's bane.
Have you ever used the Nokia Ovi Suite? very very poor software, behaves just like vista.
Nokia has a way of using buggy software on beautiful hardware.
Most recent nokia devices have been so buggy.
Updates are a no go coz they degrade rather than upgrade the device performance.
God help them that the N8 meets expectations.
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by texazzpete(m): 6:59am On Sep 17, 2010
tall4real:

First some argue that Nokia is too reliant on Symbian but remember if i am not mistaken the Symbian brought multi-tasking to us  as we know it today and besides not only Nokia uses Symbian (it is only that they made it popular) Sony Ericsson also make use of the Symbian platform. Besides Apple is developing on their i phone OS, Google on Andriod for HTC,Samsung; as also Nokia is developing on Symbian hence the emergence of Symbian ^3
Secondly, software and third party application development is better and easier to create on the symbian platfotm.There are an array of apps on the symbian platform. In other words it allows for easy software development.
Thirdly, most of the advocates of I phone, Apple as we all know is very stingy. It didn't allow Adobe to create a platform for flash content on its i phone, you can't send files through bluetooth, you have to buy almost all apps, can't use your I phone to sync without i tunes. Although it still has it perks like the retina display and the display, music player etc.
Besides the phone makers you are saying are better than Nokia pretty much make phones for high end users.
In conclusion what am saying is that other phone makers are superb are good in their own respect (i even love the I phone) but we should not be too quick to dismiss Nokia or symbian as failed.Besides Nokia is still the largest phone maker by market share.

You must still be living in 2006.
For software and apps, iOS and Android absolutely kill Symbian these days. We're talking about modern apps, not those old .sis files you Nokia people cling to.
Also, there are a large number of free apps on the Apple AppStore, many of them really good. So you aren't forced to buy all your apps. Most downloads from the AppStore are for free apps.

bigbrovar:

I beg to differ. The N8 and E7 are top tier Nokia handsets. MeeGo will be the promised land some day, but for now those phones will be the flagship consumer and business phones for Nokia.
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by DoubleN(m): 9:02am On Sep 17, 2010
Where did my post go?
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by Bawss1(m): 9:09am On Sep 17, 2010
tall4real:

texazzpete:

You must still be living in 2006.
For software and apps, iOS and Android absolutely kill Symbian these days. We're talking about modern apps, not those old .sis files you Nokia people cling to.
Also, there are a large number of free apps on the Apple AppStore, many of them really good. So you aren't forced to buy all your apps. Most downloads from the AppStore are for free apps.

I beg to differ. The N8 and E7 are top tier Nokia handsets. MeeGo will be the promised land some day, but for now those phones will be the flagship consumer and business phones for Nokia.

TP already said what I wanted to say.
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by cutesy(f): 10:45am On Sep 17, 2010
, All this "phone bashing", na wa ooooo shocked shocked shocked
cool
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by lynxnoon(m): 11:01am On Sep 17, 2010
cutesy:

, All this "phone bashing", na wa ooooo shocked shocked shocked
cool
THat's why new models keep coming out evry few months wink
And the "bashing" helps to keep the manufacturers on their toes grin grin
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by Mobinga: 11:22am On Sep 17, 2010
Lol. . .
Nokia still remains the best seller. Nokia sells 260,000 each single day, and thats the most important
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by Bawss1(m): 11:51am On Sep 17, 2010
Mobinga:

Lol. . .
Nokia still remains the best seller. Nokia sells 260,000 each single day, and thats the most important

True Nokia is the market leader in terms of sales but its position is seriously under threat because it is lagging in the innovations department. If this is allowed to continue then it can kiss its top selling position goodbye, even the folks at Nokia know this.
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by bigbrovar: 12:36pm On Sep 17, 2010
texazzpete:

Actually the N8 is not being touted as a Top tier device, it is more in the (as I said earlier) Upper Mid range line. Nokia has reserved the Top Tier line exclusively for Meego. The new Nokia flagship would be Megoo going forward for Nokia. Symbian would be used to compete in the Mid range and lower tier segment. This is where Qt comes to place as it helps to converge all the products so that developers can write apps and easily port them to symbian and meego.
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by elrony(m): 12:38pm On Sep 17, 2010
Bawss1:

True Nokia is the market leader in terms of sales but its position is seriously under threat because it is lagging in the innovations department. If this is allowed to continue then it can kiss its top selling position goodbye, even the folks at Nokia know this.

dude u just lied to ur teeth,
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by texazzpete(m): 1:33pm On Sep 17, 2010
Mobinga:

Lol. . .

And many of those phones are cheap feature phones with low profit margin.

In the extremely important smartphone wars, Nokia is steadily losing ground to their rivals.
When you drop from 45% to 35%, you don't say "Hey! i'm still the King". You start seriously scrambling to find out why so you don't drop to 25%.

Microsoft once was a MASSIVE player in the smartphone segment with Windows Mobile. Now they are struggling to get back in the game.
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by Mobinga: 1:51pm On Sep 17, 2010
@texazzpete you're wrong
or rather i made a mistake.

That figure is for only Nokia's SmartPhones

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Root Infinix Zero X506 With This 5 Easy Steps / Infinix Diamond Android Smartphone / How Can I Root Tecno Y4?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.