Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,085 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! (12124 Views)

Very Urgent;current Price For Nokia C7 And N8 Please! / All Symbian ^3 Apps And Games Here(n8,c7,e7,etc) / How Much Is Nokia C6 Or Nokia X6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by puskin: 5:22pm On Sep 17, 2010
Mobinga:

@texazzpete you're wrong
or rather i made a mistake.

That figure is for only Nokia's SmartPhones

. . . . .and how on earth can that figure be only for smart fones per day. undecided
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by flyuche(m): 5:24pm On Sep 17, 2010
android phones are stupidly expensive, and to think the OS is free?
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by Mobinga: 5:38pm On Sep 17, 2010
puskin:

. . . . .and how on earth can that figure be only for smart fones per day. undecided

I'm damn serious. . Ask google
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by Bawss1(m): 5:51pm On Sep 17, 2010
elrony:

dude u just lied to your teeth,

@elrony

1. You used the expression wrongly, the correct way should be; you lied through your teeth.

2. Check out the following link to get a glimpse of what I was referring to in my post.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-06-13/nokia-s-delay-on-shiny-things-leaves-it-last-in-line-for-apps-developers.html
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by eros(m): 6:00pm On Sep 17, 2010
Why is it that no thread on nairaland is ever complete without cursing and swearing?
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by texazzpete(m): 9:54pm On Sep 17, 2010
flyuche:

android phones are stupidly expensive, and to think the OS is free?

Wrong.
There are low and mid tier Android phones that are cheap, such as the HTC Tattoo. If you're looking toward top tier android phones like the Droid X, Droid 2, Samsung Fascinate and HTC Evo 4G, you're talking of phones with 3.7 - 4.3 inch screens running with 1GHz snapdragon chips. How do you expect such phones to be cheap?

Cut your coat according to your size. Besides, none of those phones cost more than any flagship Nokia phone.
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by lynxnoon(m): 10:30pm On Sep 17, 2010
tex tex. . . . always ready wit an answer? smiley
anyhow sha i dey feel u grin grin
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by zenus(m): 1:28am On Sep 18, 2010
Nice thread but some points are missing
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by puskin: 3:30am On Sep 18, 2010
zenus:

Nice thread but some points are missing

. . . .ehen, as U noted that some points are missing, point them out now. undecided
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by flyuche(m): 7:14am On Sep 18, 2010
texazzpete:

Wrong.
There are low and mid tier Android phones that are cheap, such as the HTC Tattoo. If you're looking toward top tier android phones like the Droid X, Droid 2, Samsung Fascinate and HTC Evo 4G, you're talking of phones with 3.7 - 4.3 inch screens running with 1GHz snapdragon chips. How do you expect such phones to be cheap?

Cut your coat according to your size. Besides, none of those phones cost more than any flagship Nokia phone.
take it or leave, i maintain that android phones are damn expensive. htc tatoo na beta phone embarassed
check out prcies of phones at clove.co.uk , that where i get my phones.
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by lynxnoon(m): 8:10am On Sep 18, 2010
flyuche:

take it or leave, i maintain that android phones are damn expensive. htc tatoo na beta phone embarassed
cool site smiley but dia VAT is outrageous jare!! angry angry
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by texazzpete(m): 11:31am On Sep 18, 2010
flyuche:

As i said, if you want the best, be prepared to shell out for it.
The prices there are even lower than the prices for any new top drawer Nokia smartphone. Those normally come in at over 400 pounds contract free.

bigbrovar:

Actually the N8 is not being touted as a Top tier device, it is more in the (as I said earlier) Upper Mid range line. Nokia has reserved the Top Tier line exclusively for Meego. The new Nokia flagship would be Megoo going forward for Nokia. Symbian would be used to compete in the Mid range and lower tier segment. This is where Qt comes to place as it helps to converge all the products so that developers can write apps and easily port them to symbian and meego.

Wrong.
MeeGo WILL be the future of Nokia. But as for now, Nokia's flagship device will be the N8. What, you think they'd throw in a big screen, sleek aluminium body, the most powerful mobile phone camera till date and a very powerful GPU in a mid tier device?
Nokia has always been about hardware first, and the N8's hardware is premium
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by abbey111(m): 4:32am On Sep 19, 2010
hi if any one have a sony Ericsson w990 white phone or s700i any one out of the 2 just give me a call to let me kow the price so i can buy it
08039428681, or 018174213
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by bigbrovar: 8:50am On Sep 19, 2010
texazzpete:

Wrong.
MeeGo WILL be the future of Nokia. But as for now, Nokia's flagship device will be the N8. What, you think they'd throw in a big screen, sleek aluminium body, the most powerful mobile phone camera till date and a very powerful GPU in a mid tier device?

I usually try to do my research before making a claim. The fact that a device is flagship does not mean its upper tier device. Even looking at the specs its using a 256MB of ram on an Obsolete Arm 11. yes it is clocked at about 600mhz. In Term of raw processing power the N8 is inferior to the N900 a device released 13 month ago. yes it has hardware acceleration, (same as C7) yes it Aluminum casing. And yes for now It is Nokia's Flagship. Still Nokia are positioning it as a upper mid range device Hence the relative cheap price about (350 Pounds unlocked). The High end device is expected to be announced later this year and the specs is expected to be very high end and compete directly with the best of iOS Android and Windows 7 series Devices and it is expected to ship Meego. The N8 is by no means a mid range device like the C7 its about a step higher in class. If phones where people. The N8 would be in the upper middle class and definitely more of a stop gap than Nokia's answer to the beasts being released by htc|apple|motorola. If you doubt me. Maybe you would believe when you hear it from Nokian Himself. http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/06/nokias-vp-talks-n8-meego-milestone-product-tablets-android/
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by texazzpete(m): 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2010
bigbrovar:

I usually try to do my research before making a claim. The fact that a device is flagship does not mean its upper tier device. Even looking at the specs its using a 256MB of ram on an Obsolete Arm 11. yes it is clocked at about 600mhz. In Term of raw processing power the N8 is inferior to the N900 a device released 13 month ago. yes it has hardware acceleration, (same as C7) yes it Aluminum casing. And yes for now It is Nokia's Flagship. Still Nokia are positioning it as a upper mid range device Hence the relative cheap price about (350 Pounds unlocked). The High end device is expected to be announced later this year and the specs is expected to be very high end and compete directly with the best of iOS Android and Windows 7 series Devices and it is expected to ship Meego. The N8 is by no means a mid range device like the C7 its about a step higher in class. If phones where people. The N8 would be in the upper middle class and definitely more of a stop gap than Nokia's answer to the beasts being released by htc|apple|motorola. If you doubt me. Maybe you would believe when you hear it from Nokian Himself. http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/06/nokias-vp-talks-n8-meego-milestone-product-tablets-android/

Read it. You're right. What's interesting is that Nokia themselves are making the decision to place this in that category. AT least they've finally seen the light. It isn't much more than a year ago that they were positioning the crappy N97 as an upper tier smartphone (advertising it as a 'mobile computer' sef).

Let's see what Nokia comes up with MeeGo later this year.
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by Samunosuke(m): 9:16am On Sep 20, 2010
Wow, seems like fandroids have invaded nairaland.Never thought i'd see the day.
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by peruso: 11:11am On Sep 20, 2010
i have not still forgiven them for making me spend such monies on that veryveryvery stupid N97 that i did not use for up to two months. stupid touch screen, stupid battery, stupidbuttons, infact every thing about that phone smells stupidity.

now they are out wit something that still looks like it again, (its not by it being fine on screen) I WILL NOT BUY [size=10][/size] I WILL NOT BUY IWLL NEVER EVER BUY[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by poweredcom(m): 6:37pm On Sep 21, 2010
well dem ba baba , but their 2sim phone the Nokia c1 is totall rubbish, Chinco better pass am, i cant call a that a 2 sim phoen because both sim dont work at once you have to deactivate one to enable the other,
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by rabalord(m): 11:53am On Sep 22, 2010
Dese fones are scarce & 2 expensive 4 now . Will buy mine wen price drops
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by puskin: 10:17pm On Sep 22, 2010
peruso:

i have not still forgiven them for making me spend such monies on that veryveryvery silly N97 that i did not use for up to two months. silly touch screen, silly battery, stupidbuttons, infact every thing about that phone smells stupidity.

now they are out wit something that still looks like it again, (its not by it being fine on screen) I WILL NOT BUY [size=10][/size] I WILL NOT BUY IWLL NEVER EVER BUY[color=#990000][/color]

. . . . .now dats what U get from a very very unsatisfied Nokia customer. grin grin
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by flyuche(m): 1:16pm On Sep 24, 2010
just thinking. it won't be a bad idea to have a WP7 Nokia phone. cool
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by lynxnoon(m): 1:48pm On Sep 24, 2010
flyuche:

just thinking. it won't be a bad idea to have a WP7 Nokia phone. cool
maybe with their new ceo coming from microsoft dey may consider going down dat road undecided
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by rabalord(m): 3:13am On Oct 20, 2010
What about the Nokia C2. Simple specs but its NOKIA!!!!
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by moh(m): 1:14pm On Nov 01, 2010
PLS WHAT IS THE PRICE OF C6, AND WHERE CAN I GET IT IN ABUJA.
THANK
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 01, 2010
IF you guys actually think Nokia will ditch Symbian for Meego then think again after spending so much buying companies after companies just to make Symbian the OS it should be, also all these 1ghz phones symbian doesn't need it because after all the nature of symbian is meant to run on Phones with limited resources,Nokia caters for the Majority as much as techie u guys are unfortunately there aint many who'd be interested in meego, some rather stick to the traditional operating system they have come to love and get used to, Symbian infact is getting better,as the complete move to Qt will bring about explosion in Apps,cuz believe me Qt is the shit, am practicing with it and it's a bliss.coming to think of it Maemo was meant to be future but look at how that went,Meego only caters to the Geeks and others at the end of the day it all balls down to availability of applications which Symbian has,though Qt will break that bridge anyway,i am so psyched because it means Nokia is finally going to take Gaming seriously as i have look most S^3 phones they come with HW Opengl es enabled cards
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 01, 2010
This Year Meego is going to be quite silent as it doesn't even have a specific Interface just a SDK Emulator that allows developers have a feel of the phone API pending it's release which is not anytime soon.
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by Xionez(m): 4:16pm On Nov 04, 2010
bigbrovar:

I usually try to do my research before making a claim. The fact that a device is flagship does not mean its upper tier device. Even looking at the specs its using a 256MB of ram on an Obsolete Arm 11. yes it is clocked at about 600mhz. In Term of raw processing power the N8 is inferior to the N900 a device released 13 month ago. yes it has hardware acceleration, (same as C7) yes it Aluminum casing. And yes for now It is Nokia's Flagship. Still Nokia are positioning it as a upper mid range device Hence the relative cheap price about (350 Pounds unlocked). The High end device is expected to be announced later this year and the specs is expected to be very high end and compete directly with the best of iOS Android and Windows 7 series Devices and it is expected to ship Meego. The N8 is by no means a mid range device like the C7 its about a step higher in class. If phones where people. The N8 would be in the upper middle class and definitely more of a stop gap than Nokia's answer to the beasts being released by htc|apple|motorola. If you doubt me. Maybe you would believe when you hear it from Nokian Himself.  http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/06/nokias-vp-talks-n8-meego-milestone-product-tablets-android/

What i love about nokia is that even with  256MB RAM, it stills performs. Its just like a laptop, we all know that even a high spec. laptop will still disappoint. A lower level lappy will still match it. its like comparing a Fragbook with an Asus or Toshiba A665 and other gaming rigs. It all boils down to how these resources are used efficiently. Same with mobiles. N8 can be compared with any Android of its class.

I love the Symbian interface personally. Neat arrangement, lovely icon packs (S60 FP2 and S^3,4) and its apps make sense unlike Android UI that is VERY confusing. I just hope a lot of things will sprout from the Symbian Foundation. i just waiting. . .

pc guru:

IF you guys actually think Nokia will ditch Symbian for Meego then think again after spending so much buying companies after companies just to make Symbian the OS it should be, also all these 1ghz phones symbian doesn't need it because after all the nature of symbian is meant to run on Phones with limited resources,Nokia caters for the Majority as much as techie u guys are unfortunately there aint many who'd be interested in meego, some rather stick to the traditional operating system they have come to love and get used to, Symbian infact is getting better,as the complete move to Qt will bring about explosion in Apps,cuz believe me Qt is the poo, am practicing with it and it's a bliss.coming to think of it Maemo was meant to be future but look at how that went,Meego only caters to the Geeks and others at the end of the day it all balls down to availability of applications which Symbian has,though Qt will break that bridge anyway,i am so psyched because it means Nokia is finally going to take Gaming seriously as i have look most S^3 phones they come with HW Opengl es enabled cards

Guy, na true talk. I just dey wait. All Apple users eye go soon shine new color. . .Retina eye cheesy

peruso:

i have not still forgiven them for making me spend such monies on that veryveryvery silly N97 that i did not use for up to two months. silly touch screen, silly battery, stupidbuttons, infact every thing about that phone smells stupidity.

Guy, i can feel your pain. My friend isnt a Happy Man right now. I cant discuss nokia cuz it will be my last day on earth. but have you tried updating the Firmware? undecided

texazzpete:

As i said, if you want the best, be prepared to shell out for it.
The prices there are even lower than the prices for any new top drawer Nokia smartphone. Those normally come in at over 400 pounds contract free.

Wrong.

Wrong.
Nokia WILL NEVER ditch symbian. It will use MeeGo as its Forerunner and Symbian as its runner-up for mid-class phones. just like N900 with S60 phones and S40 java phones. A good way to handle things i must say cool
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by obataala(m): 9:26pm On Nov 05, 2010
For the sake of some of us with no know how technicalities of specs,while dont u guys take a break to carry us along by telling us what symbian os is,what iphone and android os are, what they are not and can never be,programming and coding language,the advantages and their disadvantages.Where they differ and how undynamic any one of them is.By device it self, compare and contrast individual supposed range or class and competing devices to include user interface,software compatibity and availabity,innovation.Marketing strategies employed so far or whatever that is being done to gain worldwide acceptability or anything considered as an edge leveraging on.As it stands now arguements are just generated at random and not everyone is making meaning out of it.Fellow members i think with all the areas i've raised and where we have other suggestions,if arguements are centered on these it will be educative,informative and the larger picture would be painted which can also serve as resources for informed decision on acquisition.Who knows we may decide to open a tread for it and have any other matters agitating our mind brought up for every one's benefit.
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by val49(m): 6:26pm On Nov 07, 2010
wot about dis ovi contacts.its meant to b lyk a reply to bbm.nd i heard its free in 9ja!!!
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by wise3g(m): 5:06pm On Nov 09, 2010
hello,every one!
look this ,Always find something you like
www.wise3g.com
good luck! wink cheesy smiley grin wink cheesy smiley wink cheesy smiley wink cheesy grin tongue kiss smiley wink cheesy grin
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by Umarr: 10:42am On Nov 14, 2010
Actually am not sure the guy who called N97 a 'CRAPPY' phone meant it or it was a spellin mistake and if its the latter I think we can let the issue rest, And if not, well I sincerelly dont knw hw to tell U that the way U rate this phone is funny, Cos as far as can remember the best phone in 2009 was N97! Google it U'll see for U'r self,
Re: Nokia Introduces C6, C7 And E7: Nokia Strikes Back! by abioila(m): 8:37am On Nov 16, 2010
Nokia is down 4 now,wit symbian not vry favorabl 4 toch scrins but i bet nokia wil fix dat wit a series of firmware updates.symbian would b 4 midrange devices while meego g high end devices.NOKIA N9 with MEEGO is d future for SMARTPHONES,nokia has tagged it has MOBILE COMPUTER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Screenshot Your Phone Menu And I Would Tell You About Yourself / Root Infinix Zero X506 With This 5 Easy Steps / Tecno Pouvoir 2 Is The Worst Phone I Have Ever Used

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.