Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,974 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits (2543 Views)

It Won’t Be Easy Liberating Lagos From Tinubu’s Grip, PDP Admits / Why Southeast Governors Did Not Attend Party's Rally In Sokoto - PDP / Tambuwal Gets Sokoto’s PDP Governorship Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by ScooperOfficial: 9:55am On Apr 15, 2019
[/b]

[b]READ MORE HERE
: https://m.scoopernews.com/detail?newsId=2462063

The Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP, has again reacted to the claim by the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, that the presidential candidate of the Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, is not a Nigerian.

The APC had on Friday filed a motion at the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal in Abuja by its lead counsel, Lateef Fagbemi faulting the candidacy of Atiku in the election, claiming that Atiku is a Cameroonian and not a Nigerian citizen.

APC, hence stated that the former Vice President petition against President Muhammadu Buhari, its own candidate, should be dismissed for lacking in merit.

But, the spokesperson for the PDP Presidential Campaign Council, Mr. Segun Sowunmi, speaking on Channels Tv on Sunday said the claims by the APC that Atiku is not a Nigerian was just part of the acts of the ruling party to distract the former vice president from reclaiming his mandate.

He wondered how APC could come up with such an allegation when Atiku is the Waziri of Adamawa, adding that he was a top Customs officer for more than 20 years before he retired.

Sowumi said “Atiku Abubakar has been the former vice president of this country and I think that when this kind of issues come up, you begin to query who exactly and what exactly is the geographical expression of Nigeria.

“Most Nigerians know a lot about Atiku’s background and everything about the former vice president is that of Nigeria.

“In actual fact, Atiku’s grandfather is from Sokoto.

“Atiku’s grandfather followed his friend to Adamawa, then Gongola, and Atiku’s grandfather gave birth to Atiku’s father there. But it has never been under guesswork that Atiku is a full-fledged bona fide Nigerian.

“Atiku is a Nigerian; he’s the Waziri of Adamawa. He is former vice president, former governorship candidate and I think that every territory of Nigeria is a Nigerian territory.

“Atiku is one of the citizens of the country, Nigeria. Atiku has been the former vice president of this country, GCON. When these kinds of issues come up, you even begin to query who exactly and what exactly is the geographical expression of Nigeria.”

He added that the PDP candidate was one of the citizens of the country, stressing that Nigeria has 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory, and Adamawa was one of them.

Facebook: Scooper

Twitter: @scooperng

Instagram: scooperng
Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by figment232(m): 10:50am On Apr 15, 2019
GBAM APC propaganda scattered.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by DemolaUnbias(m): 11:12am On Apr 15, 2019
Last last all of una go dey alright The people just agreed to apc's claimed.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by DemolaUnbias(m): 11:14am On Apr 15, 2019
Atiku grandpa must have crossed to the other world now we wld hav call to bear the witness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by forgiveness: 11:17am On Apr 15, 2019
The bone of contention is where he was born. I mean place of birth which determines who is eligible to be President of Nigeria. If Cameroon, sorry. cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by yarimo(m): 11:45am On Apr 15, 2019
Kikikiki from adamawa state ATIKU is now from sokoto state, gradually he will soon go back to his country CAMEROON grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by id911(m): 12:06pm On Apr 15, 2019
yarimo:
Kikikiki from adamawa state ATIKU is now from sokoto state, gradually he will soon go back to his country CAMEROON grin grin

APC devilish propaganda is certainly going to fail. You guys must defend in court how Mr Buhari came about those figures he got during the just concluded Presidential election. This satanic Cameroonian narrative is just to deflect attention from the electoral heist and buy them more time at the tribunal. We will retrieve our kidnapped mandate freely given to us by majority of Nigerians insha allah

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by Herdsmen: 12:12pm On Apr 15, 2019
id911:

APC devilish propaganda is certainly going to fail. You guys must defend in court how Mr Buhari came about those figures he got during the just concluded Presidential election. This satanic Cameroonian narrative is just to deflect attention from the electoral heist. We will retrieve our kidnapped mandate freely given to us by majority of Nigerians insha allah

Gbam..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by KarlWhyte(m): 12:25pm On Apr 15, 2019
Tomorrow they will tell us his ancestors re frm Sambisa...politicians n their wahala...am sure if hes not contesting
for the Presidency nobody will care to find out abt this undecided

1 Like

Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by garfield1: 12:59pm On Apr 15, 2019
id911:

APC devilish propaganda is certainly going to fail. You guys must defend in court how Mr Buhari came about those figures he got during the just concluded Presidential election. This satanic Cameroonian narrative is just to deflect attention from the electoral heist and buy them more time at the tribunal. We will retrieve our kidnapped mandate freely given to us by majority of Nigerians insha allah
What about the satanic pdp narrative about buhari's waec? How can you retrieve what you never had? Did you win your unit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by 99100(m): 1:00pm On Apr 15, 2019
You see when people say the north is backward,the north is uncivilized,the north is uneducated..... blablabla, I never join in such argument. My reasons; It is only in the north that an indigene of Kano can contest and win election in Kaduna visversa without discrimination.
Yes Atiku grandparent(s) can be from Sokoto while Atiku contest and win election in Adamawa.From this findings, it means he is both from Sokoto and Adamawa.
Gosh!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by TruthinAction: 1:08pm On Apr 15, 2019
forgiveness:
The bone of contention is where he was born. I mean place of birth which determines who is eligible to be President of Nigeria. If Cameroon, sorry. cheesy

So if I my wife delivers a baby in the US, then my child is not a Nigerian by birth? I don't get it. So the kids of all those who were born abroad are not Nigerians by birth. I think the phrase by birth should be clearly defined. To mean, it should be if your parents are Nigerian, then you are a Nigerian by birth. Otherwise all Nigerians is diaspora must come home to deliver their babies if they have Presidential ambition. Sounds very stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by forgiveness: 1:15pm On Apr 15, 2019
TruthinAction:

So if I my wife delivers a baby in the US, then my child is not a Nigerian by birth? I don't get it. So the kids of all those who were born abroad are not Nigerians by birth. I think the phrase by birth should be clearly defined. To mean, it should be if your parents are Nigerian, then you are a Nigerian by birth. Otherwise all Nigerians is diaspora must come home to deliver their babies if they have Presidential ambition. Sounds very stupid.

Oga! Citizenship is not the bone of contention but the eligibility to contest for the office of the Presidency.

Even if your son is born in the moon he is a Nigerian but he can't be President of this country according to the 1999 constitution.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by id911(m): 2:59pm On Apr 15, 2019
garfield1:

What about the satanic pdp narrative about buhari's waec? How can you retrieve what you never had? Did you win your unit

Buhari didn't write WASC before enrolling in the Army. He used his Principal's recommendation to get in. This is public knowledge that everyone knows except paid APC agents

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by keryj(f): 3:57pm On Apr 15, 2019
APC and Buhari have seen something to distract Nigerians from focusing on demanding for a resolve on many issues affecting this country. After this Cameroon issue, another national distraction will still pop out from the moon and thus continue till 2023.

I only blame Atiku for being a sore loser, elections are over can't he just go and rest already, must we go through this post election disturbances when he (Atiku) already knows he has nothing to gain from our mumu judiciary being controlled.

I spit on this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by TruthinAction: 7:55pm On Apr 15, 2019
forgiveness:

Oga! Citizenship is not the bone of contention but the eligibility to contest for the office of the Presidency.

Even if your son is born in the moon he is a Nigerian but he can't be President of this country according to the 1999 constitution.

I think is a breach of their fundamental human right. If you are eligible to vote, then you can also be voted for. That part of the constitution should be harmonized with other part. In my opinion, anyone whose parents are Nigerians are also Nigerians by birth irrespective of where he was born.

For instance, a woman who is pregnant travels to Ghana and met her labour there, you will now say his child cannot context because he is not born in Nigeria. It's stupidity of the highest order.
Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by forgiveness: 8:02pm On Apr 15, 2019
TruthinAction:

I think is a breach of their fundamental human right. If you are eligible to vote, then you can also be voted for. That part of the constitution should be harmonized with other part. In my opinion, anyone whose parents are Nigerians are also Nigerians by birth irrespective of where he was born.

For instance, a woman who is pregnant travels to Ghana and met her labour there, you will now say his child cannot context because he is not born in Nigeria. It's stupidity of the highest order.

Well, the same law exist in America. You can't become the President of America if you are born outside any territory under America's sovereignty.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by Afamed: 8:47pm On Apr 15, 2019
From North West Sokoto to North East Adamawa, las las he go board Ethiopia Airlines back to his country of Origin Cameroun. No to Appendage
Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by Afamed: 8:51pm On Apr 15, 2019
forgiveness:

Well, the same law exist in America. You can't become the President of America if you are born outside any territory under America's sovereignty.
Kindly ignore the lazy youth, make them dey showcase their ignorance for public. One of the brain dead PDP supporters had early claimed Obama was born in Kenya and he was elected as US president.
Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by observanc1: 9:07pm On Apr 15, 2019
forgiveness:
there is something wrong with you
Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by observanc1: 9:08pm On Apr 15, 2019
forgiveness:

there is something really wrong with you
Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by observanc1: 9:09pm On Apr 15, 2019
yarimo:
are u not from futa jalon, the gambia?
Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by forgiveness: 9:15pm On Apr 15, 2019
Afamed:

Kindly ignore the lazy youth, make them dey showcase their ignorance for public. One of the brain dead PDP supporters had early claimed Obama was born in Kenya and he was elected as US president.

Hehehe! There was this question about Obama born in Kenya but his US birth certificate put the whole matter to rest.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by SilasNwude: 9:52pm On Apr 15, 2019
[s]
Afamed:

[/s]
trash trash trash
hypocrites everywhere
Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by SilasNwude: 9:53pm On Apr 15, 2019
[s]
Afamed:
From North West Sokoto to North East Adamawa, las las he go board Ethiopia Airlines back to his country of Origin Cameroun. No to Appendage
[/s]
claptrap
Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by Okoroawusa: 11:19pm On Apr 15, 2019
Na wa o!

See confusion everywhere
Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by TruthinAction: 7:00am On Apr 16, 2019
forgiveness:

Where was Obama born?
Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by forgiveness: 8:06am On Apr 16, 2019
TruthinAction:

Where was Obama born?

Honolulu.
Re: Atiku Is Actually From Sokoto – PDP Admits by adekolaelect(m): 9:13am On Apr 16, 2019
TruthinAction:

it is not stupid!!!! the same thing happened to Adeosun former minister of finance of not having Nigeria NYC Certificate .a law is a law and it was not just done now.

(1) (Reply)

₦19.5b Check Out The Most Expensive Penthouse Billionaire Just Purchased / A Brief History Of Fulani Jihads / Hilarious picture of Goats who took Over Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.