Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,803 members, 7,813,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State (26823 Views)

Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria / Stephen Oyelowo Is Dead! David Oyelowo's Father Dies Of Colon Cancer (Photos) / Genevieve Nnaji And Stephen Nnaji, Her Younger Brother, Take A Ride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Vicdayz(m): 4:42am On Apr 16, 2019
@Gistvic.com

Talented British-Nigerian actor, David Oyelowo talks about his Nigerian Father at Oyo at the The Daily Show with South African comedian and television host, Trevor Noah. Gistvic Reports.

Davido Oyelowo said his Father is from Oyo State in Nigeria but lived most of his years in the UK and he his obsessed with Leaf Blowers, having different sizes of leaf blowers as he mimics his father.

Watch Vdeo Below

Source https://www.gistvic.com/2019/04/british-nigerian-actor-david-oyelowo.html

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Nobody: 4:59am On Apr 16, 2019
Fine actor. Very talented. And he still retained the Nigerian accent. I wonder how he managed to do that

57 Likes

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by CastedGist: 5:46am On Apr 16, 2019
cool
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by funmijoyb(f): 6:20am On Apr 16, 2019
He still having the Nigerian accent than most foreigners faking it wrongly in movies.

35 Likes

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Paulpaulpaul(m): 6:48am On Apr 16, 2019
I gbadun the guy in the Queen of Katwe

45 Likes

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Blazebond(m): 8:32am On Apr 16, 2019
Superb actor,this guy appreciates his Nigerian heritage more than the chap who did 12 years a slave.

15 Likes

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Shakushaku1(m): 10:16am On Apr 16, 2019
Blazebond:
Superb actor,this guy appreciates his Nigerian heritage more than the chap who did 12 years a slave.

That one don loss.. I give it to stars like John boyega, akunuoye agbaje for alwys showcasing naija at every slight opportunity, sometimes they even flip the script so that anything Naija can be in a movie... Worthy mention is kae kazeem and Sam of the dynasty series.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Sholaco: 10:35am On Apr 16, 2019
Ok
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Amuocha: 10:36am On Apr 16, 2019
So Oyo people like Leaf Blowers angry angry angry
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by JustNiyi2(m): 10:36am On Apr 16, 2019
All is well

Check my signature...

1 Like

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by dannybrasky(m): 10:37am On Apr 16, 2019
Was surprised to hear him speak yoruba in one foreign movie! Excellent.

21 Likes

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 16, 2019
He still haven't blown Yet though
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Chinashopping84: 10:38am On Apr 16, 2019
cool..love his accent.
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by NaijaOlosho(f): 10:38am On Apr 16, 2019
D
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Chinashopping84: 10:39am On Apr 16, 2019
Amuocha:
So Oyo people like Leaf Blowers angry angry angry
senseless post

3 Likes

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 16, 2019
This man and Chiwetel Ejiofor are good actors.

11 Likes

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by DrLikita12(f): 10:41am On Apr 16, 2019
Blazebond:

I read that that guy lost his father in a road accident when he was ten or twelve. I don't know how true it is, but the cause of the accident and how he was raised/treated after could explain why he doesn't seem as proud.
It could also be that he is just an introvert.

7 Likes

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by TVSA: 10:41am On Apr 16, 2019
funmijoyb:
He still having the Nigerian accent than most foreigners faking it wrongly in movies.
I hate it when hollywood try to fake african accent in their movies, especially marvel. its always like WTH, who speaks like this?

16 Likes

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by SmartMen: 10:45am On Apr 16, 2019
Shakushaku1:

That one don loss.. I give it to stars like John boyega, akunuoye agbaje for alwys showcasing naija at every slight opportunity, sometimes they even flip the script so that anything Naija can be in a movie... Worthy mention is kae kazeem and Sam of the dynasty series.

This may not have been born there but grew up there.

My half bro in the US sef don loss. It also depend on their parents and how they showcase Nigeria to these kids.

Check my signature if you needed a negotiable clean laptop. Hp pavilion i7 up for grab.

1 Like

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by kunmiiii: 10:48am On Apr 16, 2019
This happened last week on TDS! Extremely hilarious, Trevor almost bursted a nut while laughing. grin

The way he easily gets in characters ehn cheesy

David is actually a pretty good comedian too, very funny guy, noticed in Gringo!

8 Likes

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by ohem007(m): 10:53am On Apr 16, 2019
dannybrasky:
Was surprised to hear him speak yoruba in one foreign movie! Excellent.

Gringo...

3 Likes

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by ohem007(m): 11:03am On Apr 16, 2019
Have you guys seen will smith latest movie trailer...

I don't remember the name buh he was acting the role of a nigerian

Mehnn that dude was wack as mess

Even dwanye johnson sef tried acting as one in one yeye gorilla movie like that.....rampage or something like that

He even changed his name to okoye just to blend in

2 Likes

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Westsida: 11:10am On Apr 16, 2019
DrLikita12:

I read that that guy lost his father in a road accident when he was ten or twelve. I don't know how true it is, but the cause of the accident and how he was raised/treated after could explain why he doesn't seem as proud.
It could also be that he is just an introvert.

Sorry, are you a doctor?
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by LazyGold(m): 11:16am On Apr 16, 2019
Good actor
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Popmaster2019(f): 11:21am On Apr 16, 2019
Can he speak Yoruba?
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Pidginwhisper: 11:25am On Apr 16, 2019
Popmaster2019:
Can he speak Yoruba?
Fluently. You could tell by his Nigerian accent. And you need to see Gringo

5 Likes

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Debaiz: 11:29am On Apr 16, 2019
Shakushaku1:

If you say he don loss....wetin u go say to his sister who don even comot “Ejiofor” to remove any link to Nigeria.

Zain asher of CNN. That’s Chiwetel Ejiofors blood sister.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From Bovi's Wife, Kris Babyshower / Adidas Terminates Partnership With Kanye West / Alibaba Doubts That Comedian, Wale Gates Is 26 years Like He Claims (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.