Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State (26843 Views)

Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria / Stephen Oyelowo Is Dead! David Oyelowo's Father Dies Of Colon Cancer (Photos) / Genevieve Nnaji And Stephen Nnaji, Her Younger Brother, Take A Ride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by DrLikita12(f): 11:37am On Apr 16, 2019
Westsida:

Sorry, are you a doctor?

No. I am a student.
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Westsida: 11:38am On Apr 16, 2019
DrLikita12:

No. I am a student.

Ok
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Gleamtoke(f): 11:44am On Apr 16, 2019
Was lmao in one of his movies (Gringo) because he said the yoruba accent so well in a funny way. ��
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by mapet: 11:51am On Apr 16, 2019
dannybrasky:
Was surprised to hear him speak yoruba in one foreign movie! Excellent.

He had part of his secondary school in Lagos. He was 1yr my senior in secondary school
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by mapet: 11:53am On Apr 16, 2019
DrLikita12:

I read that that guy lost his father in a road accident when he was ten or twelve. I don't know how true it is, but the cause of the accident and how he was raised/treated after could explain why he doesn't seem as proud.
It could also be that he is just an introvert.

I don't think this story is correct.
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by DrLikita12(f): 12:12pm On Apr 16, 2019
mapet:

I don't think this story is correct.

I actually just looked it up. It's true but he was 11 years old when it happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiwetel_Ejiofor

https://www.hellomagazine.com/profiles/chiwetel-ejiofor/
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Rajosh(m): 12:21pm On Apr 16, 2019
DrLikita12:

I read that that guy lost his father in a road accident when he was ten or twelve. I don't know how true it is, but the cause of the accident and how he was raised/treated after could explain why he doesn't seem as proud.
It could also be that he is just an introvert.
Yeah true. The accident happened when they came to Nigeria for wedding.

2 Likes

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by uuzba(m): 12:38pm On Apr 16, 2019
TVSA:
I hate it when hollywood try to fake african accent in their movies, especially marvel. its always like WTH, who speaks like this?
Who's fault? Before Nigerians travel overseas, they are already speaking foreign accent in Nigerian Airport.
So the Westerners never get to hear our accents since we always trying to speak like them, instead of ourselves.

They themselves speak like themselves in their country and continue speaking like themselves when they visit us.

Gateman, driver, housegirl, cleaner, all try to form foreign accent once one single white person comes over here.
Even market woman sef, go de form phonetics.
Who's fault?
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 16, 2019
Debaiz:

If you say he don loss....wetin u go say to his sister who don even comot “Ejiofor” to remove any link to Nigeria.

Zain asher of CNN. That’s Chiwetel Ejiofors blood sister.

Oh please let's hear word

Africans and famzing. Yes she's Nigerian and Igbo and she doesn't want to showcase her Nigerian roots, it's her personal decision. If she wasn't a popular person, you wouldn't care

1 Like

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Shakushaku1(m): 12:48pm On Apr 16, 2019
Debaiz:

If you say he don loss....wetin u go say to his sister who don even comot “Ejiofor” to remove any link to Nigeria.

Really, but looking at it from another angle can we really blame dem, anything Naija this days connotes negativity, there's really nothing left to be proud of the country.
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Onyenna(m): 12:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
Debaiz:

... Zain still tries to show her Nigerian side whenever possible...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQDkz8arSpE

1 Like

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Shakushaku1(m): 12:55pm On Apr 16, 2019
Onyenna:

... Zain still tries to show her Nigerian side whenever possible...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQDkz8arSpE

Wow this made me smile, that's cute

3 Likes

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Debaiz: 1:29pm On Apr 16, 2019
Shakushaku1:

Really, but looking at it from another angle can we really blame dem, anything Naija this days connotes negativity, there's really nothing left to be proud of the country.

Every country has its own negativity even some western countries have higher negative challenges than Nigeria. Someone in the media like her should know better about propaganda to promote the African negativity and suppress the western negativity.

According to Aljazeera, 37,000 Americans were killed in gun related violence in 2017 alone. Far more than bokoharam and herdsmen combined has killed in Nigeria in 3years.

Someone who works for CNN cannot honestly say CNN doesn’t have such facts and many more.

4 Likes

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by King44(m): 1:37pm On Apr 16, 2019
Shakushaku1:

That one don loss.. I give it to stars like John boyega, akunuoye agbaje for alwys showcasing naija at every slight opportunity, sometimes they even flip the script so that anything Naija can be in a movie... Worthy mention is kae kazeem and Sam of the dynasty series.
akinnuoye doesn't showcase naija joor, he doesn't rep unless when given a role DAT has to do with naija
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by eyinjuege: 1:38pm On Apr 16, 2019
Shibaraba:
Fine actor. Very talented. And he still retained the Nigerian accent. I wonder how he managed to do that

Once your parents speak with that accent, you will sha pick it ni especially if you're with a fellow Nigerian or African. However, if you're with your oyibo mates, you will speak with their own accent.

1 Like

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Amuocha: 1:47pm On Apr 16, 2019
Chinashopping84:
senseless post

Useless comment
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by generationz(f): 1:52pm On Apr 16, 2019
kunmiiii:
This happened last week on TDS! Extremely hilarious, Trevor almost bursted a nut while laughing. grin

The way he easily gets in characters ehn cheesy

David is actually a pretty good comedian too, very funny guy, noticed in Gringo!

hahaha

Where he knelt down and was begging God in Yoruba to save him

He seemed stupid but the fact that he was the only one to come out of it all alive meant God truly heard his prayers lol

I also liked the fact that he denounced the perception of all Nigerians being fraudsters through the movie.

3 Likes

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by generationz(f): 1:54pm On Apr 16, 2019
ohem007:
Have you guys seen will smith latest movie trailer...

I don't remember the name buh he was acting the role of a nigerian

Mehnn that dude was wack as mess

Even dwanye johnson sef tried acting as one in one yeye gorilla movie like that.....rampage or something like that

He even changed his name to okoye just to blend in

lol I've watched both

Nigerians online criticized will smiths accent but the storyline was ok

1 Like

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by grandstar(m): 2:10pm On Apr 16, 2019
TVSA:
I hate it when hollywood try to fake african accent in their movies, especially marvel. its always like WTH, who speaks like this?

They are not doing it for you but for the markets with thousands of screens such as America and China.

2 Likes

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Americanboy35: 2:26pm On Apr 16, 2019
Debaiz:

That might be her husband's name
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by mapet: 2:40pm On Apr 16, 2019
DrLikita12:

I actually just looked it up. It's true but he was 11 years old when it happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiwetel_Ejiofor

https://www.hellomagazine.com/profiles/chiwetel-ejiofor/

Oh! My bad! My apologies

I thought you were referring to Oyelowo. I challenged that story because I knew Oyelowo way back in secondary school
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Debaiz: 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2019
Americanboy35:

That might be her husband's name

Well didn’t think of it that way. Apologies if it’s true.
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by ohem007(m): 3:46pm On Apr 16, 2019
generationz:

lol I've watched both

Nigerians online criticized will smiths accent but the storyline was ok

Abeg remind me the title of that will smith movie pls
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by DrLikita12(f): 3:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
mapet:

Oh! My bad! My apologies

I thought you were referring to Oyelowo. I challenged that story because I knew Oyelowo way back in secondary school
No problem!
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 4:03pm On Apr 16, 2019
Nobody is mentioning my darling
Cynthia Erivo.
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by generationz(f): 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2019
ohem007:

Concussion

1 Like

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by generationz(f): 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2019
ohem007:

Concussion

1 Like

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Cointrader: 4:53pm On Apr 16, 2019
Shakushaku1:

That one don loss.. I give it to stars like John boyega, akunuoye agbaje for alwys showcasing naija at every slight opportunity, sometimes they even flip the script so that anything Naija can be in a movie... Worthy mention is kae kazeem and Sam of the dynasty series.

Chiwetel Ejiofor was in Half of a yellow sun, a Nigerian movie.

So he should be wearing Buhari T-shirt before you know he appreciates his heritage?

1 Like

Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by barackmojeed(m): 6:16pm On Apr 16, 2019
We provide service, repairs, maintenance and installation for all security devices like CCTV cameras, Intercom Systems, Time & Attendance Systems, Intruder Alarm, Networking at affordable prices. Your safety is our priority. Contact us on 07013657409, 08106334019 , 08075695244
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Gabrendo(m): 8:07pm On Apr 16, 2019
ohem007:
Have you guys seen will smith latest movie trailer...

I don't remember the name buh he was acting the role of a nigerian

Mehnn that dude was wack as mess

Even dwanye johnson sef tried acting as one in one yeye gorilla movie like that.....rampage or something like that

He even changed his name to okoye just to blend in
What's this one saying?
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 16, 2019
generationz:

hahaha

Where he knelt down and was begging God in Yoruba to save him

He seemed stupid but the fact that he was the only one to come out of it all alive meant God truly heard his prayers lol

I also liked the fact that he denounced the perception of all Nigerians being fraudsters through the movie.

You triggered me to watch that movie. It was damm interesting kiss kiss

Thankyou wink
Re: David Oyelowo Talks About His Father Stephen Oyelowo, From Oyo State by ohem007(m): 10:31pm On Apr 16, 2019
generationz:

Concussion

Yeah...

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kays Jewelers: Yung6ix Arrested In US, Suffers Racial Profiling, To Sue / Rapper Wale Tweets About Nigeria’s Power Supply / Tekno Quits Weed Smoking Addiction, Thanks God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.