Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,511 members, 7,830,524 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype (34597 Views)

Burna Boy: I Am Not Worth $3.5 Million, That Won’t Even Buy My Cars / See The Mountain Of Game Of Thrones With His Brothers / Moyo Lawal Wears See-Through Leggings (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by ShawttySoFyne(f): 12:28pm On Apr 16, 2019
I follow the series
I didn't know it was this hyped until recently... I still fast forward some boring scenes

4 Likes

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by Rubyventures: 12:28pm On Apr 16, 2019
Yomboy4ever:

U wicked oo cheesy grin grin chai, but I u will have to go back to primary 1 to be able to understand simple English grin grin grin
If u are ready to go, I am. Ready to start all over again too.. grin grin grin grin

You asked for advise, to be able to understand it properly you need to start from the beginning, that's what I did. I started watching it close to the end of season 2 and I think it is one of the greatest films ever produced. I was up 2.am yesterday to watch ep1 of the eight series because I didn't want anyone to spoil it for me.

That's the only way to get into it, you will be glad you did.

1 Like

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by blackslayer: 12:41pm On Apr 16, 2019
RoyalBlu:
I must be the only one who haven't seen this GOT of a movie.

it's not a movie! it's a tv series!
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by frankmoney(m): 12:43pm On Apr 16, 2019
encryptjay:

Walter White aka Heisenberg.
Breaking bad too is among the greatest series of all time.
breaking bad is most times rated higher over GOT .

1 Like

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by Baddiezz(f): 12:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
Yes season one and two was filled with loads of lewd and graphic sex scenes, guess they just wanted to pull viewers in cause they know sex sells.
Now that they've garnered enough followers recent seasons ain't filled with lots of sexual acts/scenes

3 Likes

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by Skyonebaba: 12:52pm On Apr 16, 2019
who is she pls ? first time am even hearing her name
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 16, 2019
RoyalBlu:

we are in this together dear

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by LisaAnne(f): 12:55pm On Apr 16, 2019
Baddiezz:
Yes season one and two was filled with loads of lewd and graphic sex scenes, guess they just wanted to pull viewers in cause they know sex sells.
Now that they've garnered enough followers recent seasons ain't filled with lots of sexual acts/scenes
true
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2019
NewBea:
Its either something is wrong with me or this movie is just exaggerated! Im trying so hard to watch it and the more i watch the less interesting it becomes. undecided

Same here ooo.... I tried watching it but it's kinda boring...like like thrice now. My friend just told me to assist her download subtilte file to the ones she has yesterday. Seems I will collect it again from her and watch sha
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by Neimar: 1:01pm On Apr 16, 2019
the day I watched some episodes in season 1
I slept off

nw lemme start again grin
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by Samsonklin(m): 1:11pm On Apr 16, 2019
encryptjay:

They're rounding up ITB. Everything in the remaining episodes are being jam packed. Martial arts is the only thing into the Badlands have. Remove martial arts and it will fall like a pack of cards.
We've been watching martial arts since the time of Jet Li and co, people are just amused about an American series that's dedicated to martial arts.
I understand Into the Badlands plot perfectly. I don't need to stay on the net for hours to grasp it.
Game of Thrones is like project work.
I swear. I had to watch again before I even understood that part of Jon Snow, how he’s even a brother to the mother of dragons. In fact he’s the true heir to the iron throne. From mother side and father’s side.
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by ken6488(m): 1:18pm On Apr 16, 2019
E be like say na only me nor dey watch this movie ooo

2 Likes

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by Samsonklin(m): 1:26pm On Apr 16, 2019
Bayur01:

Same here ooo.... I tried watching it but it's kinda boring...like like thrice now. My friend just told me to assist her download subtilte file to the ones she has yesterday. Seems I will collect it again from her and watch sha
Please help a brother. Where can the subtitle files
Be downloaded?
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 16, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Did u see the address I posted? Have you seen it?
No I didn't. In fact I sent you a mail but no response.
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by MNDY(m): 1:27pm On Apr 16, 2019
frankmoney:
which IQ all of una dey talk since ? Y'all saying it like they are doing some scientific invention that can't be comprehend in GOT , I have watched it , it's a very good movie no doubt , but all this you need high iq to watch it's just plain rubbish , anybody can watch GOT , it's a matter of preference

I said so because Game of Thrones contains so many complex twists. Yes, anybody can watch it, but what I'm trying to say is that people who don't love it are the type who get easily exhausted trying to connect the (many) dots in situations just like can be found in the series. It takes high IQ to connect many dots and understand easily.

2 Likes

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by Icon79(m): 1:41pm On Apr 16, 2019
Welcome to my world, Moyo. I have been having that same argument with my twitter followers since the season 1 of GOT. Glad to know that I am not the only intelligent person who couldn't follow or enjoy that show.

O pari

unclexofficial:
Moyo Lawal who reacted to excitement over the airing of the first episode of the popular Game of Thrones series, stated that it is not worth the hype. 

The Nollywood actress who disclosed that the hype on the movie made her watch her first episode, stated that it was filled with incest, throwing kids away through a window and some sort of fantasy. Moyo Lawal who wondered why people are blown away with the Game of Thrones series, added that it is not worth the hype. She wrote; 

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/16/game-of-thrones-not-worth-the-hype-moyo-lawal/

1 Like

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by frankmoney(m): 1:51pm On Apr 16, 2019
MNDY:

I said so because Game of Thrones contains so many complex twists. Yes, anybody can watch it, but what I'm trying to say is that people who don't love it are the type who get easily exhausted trying to connect the (many) dots in situations just like can be found in the series. It takes high IQ to connect many dots and understand easily.
they are a lot of TV series like that , it just needs time to watch it like any other thing not necessary a higher IQ ... People who don't love it may be because of preference that's why there are genres in movie , someone may not be into fantasy or medivial movies like GOT but love modern crime solving and conspiracy like 24 , that doesn't mean the person has a low IQ . I have seen GOt , it's great no doubt , but it isn't my best series and there are others I will choose over it . It's just preference man

1 Like

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:55pm On Apr 16, 2019
NewBea:
Its either something is wrong with me or this movie is just exaggerated! Im trying so hard to watch it and the more i watch the less interesting it becomes. undecided
Bro with due respect, sometin may just be wrong with you like u suspect.

I'm not such a big fan of movies..

GOT was introduced to me by another friend who is also very cold to movis

Tot it was all hype

But since I saw it, I ve been trying hard to find another movie that has a shred of substance close to GOT

I ve failed to find any

2 Likes

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by tylann: 1:57pm On Apr 16, 2019
octacore:
You watched just one episode, and you concluded already.. SMH

That's why your movies don't go beyond the production studio

Exactly you can't judge a series by one episode
Season 1 of game of thrones is the foundation of the series if you can't understand that i pity her
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by tylann: 2:00pm On Apr 16, 2019
Doctormarrvin:
I still don't understand why people just like to diss game of thrones. Game of thrones is appreciated all over the world and some meagre population not seeing the GOT masterpiece shouldn't be a reason for them to diss it all the time. The storyline is beautiful,the humor is apt, the action is second to non, I just recently learned that they actually set fire to the actors in the fire scenes(watch the behind the scenes) plus they have the most beautiful character developments,so much dedication and skills by the actors too. Stop focusing on the nude scenes cos I know that makes you guys bloody hypocrites as nudity and sex are parts of life. Nollywood nudist wannabees should stop dissing GOT, leave it for those of us who love it! I still can't watch a scene from a nollywood movie without cringing, you guys should learn from game of thrones and stop making yourself feel important because you don't watch it.

GOT is the master piece it is the best ever since the acting started
FCK the haters

1 Like

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by tylann: 2:02pm On Apr 16, 2019
Ocon:
Your opinion about GOT won't reduce the number of viewers watching the show nor will it stop it from winning more Emmy and Golden globe awards...

Dickhead!! wink

cool
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by tylann: 2:04pm On Apr 16, 2019
BornagainThief:
Game of throne is over rated tho

In fact game of thrones is underrated
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by ikombe: 2:18pm On Apr 16, 2019
NewBea:
No be everybody get sense to understand better thingy grin
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by medolab90(m): 2:23pm On Apr 16, 2019
Samsonklin:

Please help a brother. Where can the subtitle files
Be downloaded?

What player are you using??
If it's MX player just check the player settings you can download your subtitles directly once you have internet

1 Like

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by ajebuter(f): 2:24pm On Apr 16, 2019
RoyalBlu:

I'm also on the table...

TeamTelemundo
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:24pm On Apr 16, 2019
MNDY:

Without prejudice, you absolutely correct

2 Likes

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by medolab90(m): 2:26pm On Apr 16, 2019
frankmoney:
they are a lot of TV series like that , it just needs time to watch it like any other thing not necessary a higher IQ ... People who don't love it may be because of preference that's why there are genres in movie , someone may not be into fantasy or medivial movies like GOT but love modern crime solving and conspiracy like 24 , that doesn't mean the person has a low IQ . I have seen GOt , it's great no doubt , but it isn't my best series and [b][/b]there are others [b][/b]I will choose over it . It's just preference man
And what are the others though??
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by somehow: 2:26pm On Apr 16, 2019
AkpaMgbor:

For you to compare into the badlands to GOT?? You must be in your teens..GOT is legendary because of the witty dialogues, the likes of which has never been seen on TV series.
Kids everywhere.
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by somehow: 2:30pm On Apr 16, 2019
rayopt:

now i understamd wat u want in a movie. of cos, into the badlands has a lot of actions.

GOT has more real content than action, i wish i can explain sha.

Real content like birthing dragons and not getting old In a whole 8 season movies?

Check out Jon snow, still with the same face since he grew up.
Same with Cercis.

Some became older (Arya etc) because they were actually very young when the season started.

1 Like

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by somehow: 2:33pm On Apr 16, 2019
encryptjay:

8.1/10 IMDb rating while GoT is 9.5, same with Breaking Bad. I can mention series that rate more than ITB
My knowledge in movies? It's yours that we should be worried about. You're trying to talk about series on GoT level and you're mentioning Spartacus and Into the Badlands? grin

Go and watch Vikings, Breaking Bad, Narcos, etc and come back and debate.

AMC's goal for "Into the Badlands" was twofold: produce a compelling character drama, and introduce the highest caliber of martial arts filmmaking to a weekly, ongoing series. 
If you know what a good plot is, you won't be arguing in such a blind manner.
I won't be surprised if you rate the flash above GoT.

Modified: Go and watch Westworld

Lol Vikings? The last released season was a total let down. Infact let me just stop here.

Yes ITB got such ranking and it's great for a 3 season series. The others you compared with ITB are how many seasons series?

1 Like

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by DavidEsq(m): 2:34pm On Apr 16, 2019
jullidee2006:
all the movies you have acted in altogether are not worth one episode of Game of Thrones.... shiorr
Chai see finishing. Las las, na like dis she go dey

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by omaigala12(m): 2:41pm On Apr 16, 2019
u know nothing lawal

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Falz And Simi Perform Together At The Falz Experience / Zlatan Ibile: I Didn’t Support Yahoo Yahoo, I Was Misunderstood / Star Actor Saint Obi Steps Out In Style(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.