Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? (1750 Views)

EXCLUSIVE: INEC Clears Underage Candidates To Contest Senate, House Of Reps / Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome / Why Are Northern Governors Not Declaring Free Education For Their Kids. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by Giyaz: 9:19am On Sep 15, 2010
I know this may not be the case but the behaviour of our president, Goodluck Jonathan, suggests he is afraid and scared of what will become of his declaration if he decides to announce his intention to run.
First it was the Ramadhan fasting that was holding him back and we were told that he will declare between 11 and 13 September. Today is 15th and the news from his camp this time is 18th. Common! Mr. President. You are suppose to be smarter than this and be ready to go to war in order to become our elected president by next year.
Oh, I see, you have never won anything singly in your political life and this one you have found out to be a different ball game. Anyway, don't panic and do as a REAL man will do in your situation: throw in your hat and learn how politics is played by the masters. grin grin grin cool cool cool
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 15, 2010
What's the sense in this post? If he would declare, he must be strategic about it. He has to be sure of is chances and he seems smarter to me than any other candidate.
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by 9ijaMan: 9:48am On Sep 15, 2010
dappssee:

What's the sense in this post? If he would declare, he must be strategic about it. He has to be sure of is chances and he seems smarter to me than any other candidate.
Smarter indeed, !
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by SHEAU(m): 10:07am On Sep 15, 2010
rather slower!
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by AKO1(m): 10:13am On Sep 15, 2010
He's just posted a note on his facebook page, its declared.
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by tomiade1(m): 10:18am On Sep 15, 2010
^^^after all the yanga angry angry. . .mcheeww!
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by Beaf: 10:51am On Sep 15, 2010
IBB is only declaring today. Has he been scared all this time?
Some people just wake up, look in the mirror and after seeing a fool in the reflection, think that NL is the best place to air that foolishness.

IBB people = Foolish people.
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by SHEAU(m): 11:03am On Sep 15, 2010
not true cool
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by BigB11(m): 12:42pm On Sep 15, 2010
If a sitting president doesn't have the balls to declare at the point, it simply means he doesn't have what it takes.

You can not ask a chicken to give birth to a lion, absolutely impossible.

Jonathan's heart is not there, he doesn't want to contest for this position. It is not his nature to lead or to make tough decisions.

The election starts in less than a month and our president is still wondering how to come out of his shell to present his intention to his followers.

Sometimes, I ask myself who exactly is the president; is it IBB, OBJ or Patience Goodluck?

Because so far, jonathan is not showing any sign that he's capable.

Vote IBB 2011
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by Solomon227(m): 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2010
@ Big looter

Why will GEJ be scared of a looser like IBB
He is only showing better maturity, respect for others feelings, and superior negotiation in making sure he convinces every1 he means business and understand how they feel (especially about d zoning thing).

Wake up from yor slumber GEJ runs d show and we are all ready to support him to move d Nation 4ward
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by 9ijaMan: 3:16pm On Sep 15, 2010
Solomon227:

@ Big looter

Why will GEJ be scared of a looser like IBB
He is only showing better maturity, respect for others feelings, and superior negotiation in making sure he convinces every1 he means business and understand how they feel (especially about d zoning thing).

Wake up from yor slumber GEJ runs d show and we are all ready to support him to move d Nation 4ward

@ Solomon277,
You need not be rude to make your point. You support GEJ, and we also have people who support other candidates. So coolu-coolu temper. I hope neither GEJ nor IBB gets there, 'cos:
GEJ is chicken hearted and IBB has a lot of baggage he's carrying around. Although, I have forgiven him for his misdeeds. Most who participate on these threads were probably in pampers when IBB ruled 9ja, yet they carry so much hatred in the hearts for the man.
I cannot afford to have a man (GEJ) who is unable to control his home (his wife) to rule 9ja. It's that simple!
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by Kobojunkie: 3:21pm On Sep 15, 2010
dappssee:

What?? How do you folks really make this fluff work for you? We are less than 3 weeks to end of party primaries and you still think it is OK for any potential presidential candidate to continue in this manner? Do you even believe these folks ought to have respect for you, the voter?
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

What?? How do you folks really make this fluff work for you? We are less than 3 weeks to end of party primaries and you still think it is OK for any potential presidential candidate to continue in this manner? Do you even believe these folks ought to have respect for you, the voter?

He's made his intentions know to all the stakeholders that would participate in the primaries. He also made a declaration on his facebook page this morning. He's quite strategic in positioning himself. He believes for the masses all he needs is to prove to them he can work and for the party members, that they will still be relevant. He's smart and its clear in all his actions since he assumed office. Though there has been one or two flaws, he was quick to correct them.

So its either GEJ is smart or he has smart peeps advising him. This doesn't have to make sense to you because you must be able to read between the lines to realize that
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On Sep 15, 2010
dappssee:

He's made his intentions know to all the stakeholders that would participate in the primaries. He also made a declaration on his facebook page this morning. He's quite strategic in positioning himself. He believes for the masses all he needs is to prove to them he can work and for the party members, that they will still be relevant. He's smart and its clear in all his actions since he assumed office. Though there has been one or two flaws, he was quick to correct them.
uuumm . . . dude, I don't know who you think you are talking to here. . . . Anyways, he has had months to announce his intentions to the Nigerian people and only in the last couple of days, again, 2 minutes to the end of the primaries has he even stepped out to make his intentions known. By the way, when you said that he made his intentions known to all the stakeholders that would participate in the primaries, where you also suggesting that he did not owe the Nigerian people the same courtesy? Let me guess, only the stakeholders mattered in that case?

dappssee:

So its either GEJ is smart or he has smart peeps advising him. This doesn't have to make sense to you because you must be able to read between the lines to realize that
Read between what lines? Lines that do not exist outside of your mind there? lol . . . GEJ is smart for ignoring the Nigerian people for so long or GEJ's advisor respect the people too much as they continue to secretly plot his running for PUBLIC office? ROFLMAO!! Nigerians ehn!!!
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

uuumm . . . dude, I don't know who you think you are talking to here. . . . Anyways, he has had months to announce his intentions to the Nigerian people and only in the last couple of days, again, 2 minutes to the end of the primaries has he even stepped out to make his intentions known. By the way, when you said that he made his intentions known to all the stakeholders that would participate in the primaries, where you also suggesting that he did not owe the Nigerian people the same courtesy? Let me guess, only the stakeholders mattered in that case?
Read between what lines? Lines that do not exist outside of your mind there? lol . . . GEJ is smart for ignoring the Nigerian people for so long or GEJ's advisor respect the people too much as they continue to secretly plot his running for PUBLIC office? ROFLMAO!! Nigerians ehn!!!

You strike me as a very hasty person. Have you ever played a game of chess? You must study and weigh all possibilities before coming to a conclusion. He was simply testing the waters and I'm sure the response he got was all the motivation he needed.

Same thing when OBJ set out with his third term agenda. It was subtle but the feedback he got made him back out.

Ever heard the saying, 'look before you leap'? Leaping takes a few seconds to accomplish but the looking can take as long as it requires to ensure you're gonna land on the right spot

And of course the only explanation he owes Nigerians is service. He said it way back at the interview with CNN's Christiane Amanpour that what will be base his campaign on if he doesnt focus on delivering to the people and within the short period, he has performed far better than average and his future plans seem even more enthralling
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by naso2(m): 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You seem to enjoy the art of criticising just any and everything. Abeg make we hear word.

At the moment everyone is an aspirant and only empowered delegates of the different parties can determine who carries the party flag. I simply dont understand the talk about GEJ ignoring nigerian people, a critical you would have been one of the ones here to shout that jonathan ignored the very vital tasks of governance to pursue his ambition, had he declared too early.
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Sep 15, 2010
dappssee:

You strike me as a very hasty person. Have you ever played a game of chess? You must study and weigh all possibilities before coming to a conclusion. He was simply testing the waters and I'm sure the response he got was all the motivation he needed.
What a Joke of a claim . . . he was VP and had a good idea of what it meant to be president before he even took the seat. What has playing chess and studying to do with this? Testing what waters? Are you working on a career in comedy? I would surely advise you don't quit your day job.

dappssee:

Same thing when OBJ set out with his third term agenda. It was subtle but the feedback he got made him back out.
WHAT? You seriously are comparing what we have now to Obasanjo's PUBLIC play to skew what the constitution recommends on terms allowed any president? ROFLMAO!!! Seriously, do not quit your day job ooo .

At least try comparing it to how we know it is done in places where people are actually respected and maybe then you will see how IGNORING the people till the last minute is sign of disrespect. Look at how it is done in civilized democracies and then compare it to what you got and maybe understand how you were not given the respect due you in this and how your claim that ONLY STAKEHOLDERS mattered is a bologne level excuse.

dappssee:

Ever heard the saying, 'look before you leap'? Leaping takes a few seconds to accomplish but the looking can take as long as it requires to ensure you're gonna land on the right stop
WOW!!! And people wonder why I keep saying the problem with Nigeria is NOT necessarily those in office but the many Nigerians who have made themselves wee minions always up to MANUFACTURING silly excuses for ridiculous actions of those in leadership. Unbeweavable and ROFLMAO!!

On a serious note dude, you do realize all you have done so far on this issue is TRY to come up with explainations that you have somewhat used to have this all make sense to you as reason for what we have seen happen and continue. The reality of the situation is that we have a president who, even after bringing in a new INEC leader, decided to wait to last minute to tell the people what he intends to do, and how it might affect their future. In any real democracy, that is a slap on the face of the people and not necessarily a good move of any kind. Ask Obama!
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

What a Joke of a claim . . . he was VP and had a good idea of what it meant to be president before he even took the seat. What has playing chess and studying to do with this? Testing what waters? Are you working on a career in comedy? I would surely advise you don't quit your day job.
WHAT? You seriously are comparing what we have now to Obasanjo's PUBLIC play to skew what the constitution recommends on terms allowed any president? ROFLMAO!!! Seriously, do not quit your day job ooo .

At least try comparing it to how we know it is done in places where people are actually respected and maybe then you will see how IGNORING the people till the last minute is sign of disrespect. Look at how it is done in civilized democracies and then compare it to what you got and maybe understand how you were not given the respect due you in this and how your claim that ONLY STAKEHOLDERS mattered is a bologne level excuse.
WOW!!! And people wonder why I keep saying the problem with Nigeria is NOT necessarily those in office but the many Nigerians who have made themselves wee minions always up to MANUFACTURING silly excuses for ridiculous actions of those in leadership. Unbeweavable and ROFLMAO!!

Its obvious you're not a very analytical person and therefore I'm gonna stop this arguement. I'm wondering if at any time OBJ came out to declare that he wanted a third term.

GEJ said it way back in his interview with CNN's Christiane Amanpour that what will he base his campaign on if he doesn't focus on delivering to the people and within the short period, he has performed far better than average and his future plans seem even more enthralling.

I hate to argue with certain categories of people and you just happen to be one of them
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Sep 15, 2010
dappssee:

Its obvious you're not a very analytical person and therefore I'm gonna stop this arguement. I'm wondering if at any time OBJ came out to declare that he wanted a third term.
I am sorry but you are talking to one of the most analytical minds you will probably ever meet in a while and believe you me, there is no way to analyze bull. . .  BULL is BULL!!
dappssee:

GEJ said it way back in his interview with CNN's Christiane Amanpour that what will be base his campaign on if he doesn't focus on delivering to the people and within the short period, he has performed far better than average and his future plans seem even more enthralling.
What? Are you OK? Are you trying to build the interview he had almost 4 months ago with Christiane Amanpour in to your spacious and empty flood of reasons for why it is OK for a president to wait last minute? What are you on?
dappssee:
I hate to argue with certain categories of people and you just happen to be one of them
I do too . . .  I can see you are only here to offer up vacuous arguments for what you are not even aware of it's implications. Do your research . . . check out the last elections in democractic states in Africa to get a clue.
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by Beaf: 4:22pm On Sep 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I am sorry but you are talking to one of the most analytical minds you will probably ever meet in a while and believe you me, there is no way to analyze bull. . . BULL is BULL!!

Signs of a crackpot megalomaniac. Really pitiable.

@dappssee
I would advice you to maintain sanity by avoiding NL's crackpot king and chief nuisance. Kobojunkie can argue with a wall or a heap of stones; discovering new angles and putting them forward with gusto!
The other crackpot is becomerich; what kobojunkie does with words, he does with maps.
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2010
. . . . Look whose talking . . . ROLFLMAO!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 15, 2010
@Junkie:You're not an analytical person and its so obvious. You're the one who needs to do some research, coming up with positions and stories that don't even make sense.

I'll send you a book. This is the 21st century and you need to 'up' your game
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2010
@Beaf: I see she has over 17,000 posts of crap. So much for wanting to be heard.
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On Sep 15, 2010
dappssee:

@Junkie:You're not an analytical person and its so obvious. You're the one who needs to do some research, coming up with positions and stories that don't even make sense.

I'll send you a book. This is the 21st century and you need to 'up' your game

I am used to people like you. When you are told to come up with something more MEANINGFUL AND RATIONAL, you take to insulting yourselves and attacking your own selves, thinking somehow you change what has been said and posted by the parties involved.

Again, no matter how you cut BULL, cook it, bake it, sauter it, it is still BULL. No amount of analyzing here will make this a reasonable way to go for any respectable politician. Look to successful and also the up and coming democracies for how it is done, and then compare it with what you got instead to figure out why what we got and continue to get is wrong and unacceptable for even our democracy.

Resorting to insults and stabs when told to get serious only shows you an unserious/uninformed debater, and a likely waste of time !
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by Beaf: 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2010
dappssee:

@Beaf: I see she has over 17,000 posts of crap. So much for wanting to be heard.

It is indeed a fearful barrage of outstanding emptiness. cry cry cry
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by seanet02: 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2010
i dont know why kobo keep supporting the evil genius? no problem sha
THEY WILL BOTH FAIL WOEFULLY
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 15, 2010
@Junkie: Its either you just click on reply, insert quote and type or you can't comprehend the things you read.

Take out 3 mins. Shouldn't take you more if you're close to anyone I should be debating against and then read my posts and you'll see that I answered your BULLSHIT is BULL CRAP posts long before you ever thought you'd even come up with them
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by naso2(m): 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2010
seanet02:

i dont know why kobo keep supporting the[b] evil genius[/b]? no problem sha
THEY WILL BOTH FAIL WOEFULLY

IBB is evil but definitely not a genius.

Dont worry , he is already history, the PDP ticket is already in GEJ's pocket. We now look ahead to the elections proper, how to checkmate Buhari et al.
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by Kobojunkie: 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2010
A_K_O:

He's just posted a note on his facebook page, its declared.

A note on Facebook is all the Nigerian people deserve at this point? lol

Anywho, the note on facebook is actually just his declaring his INTENT to run( He still has not really declared he will run). . . the official DECLARATION THAT HE WILL RUN comes on Saturday hopefully, about 12 days to party primaries deadline.

In many other democracies, late candidates are usually ignored and most parties have deadlines that stop people from throwing their name in the hat at the last minute.
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

A note on Facebook is all the Nigerian people deserve at this point? lol

Anywho, the note on facebook is actually just his declaring his INTENT to run( He still has not really declared he will run). . . the official DECLARATION THAT HE WILL RUN comes on Saturday hopefully, about 12 days to party primaries. In many other democracies, late candidates are usually ignored and most parties have deadlines that stop people from throwing their name in the hat at the last minute.

Yes and IBB's just came today. 15 days before the primaries. And that's in many other democracies and besides the party doesn't have a deadline or penalty for late entries. They've not even agreed on how much nomination forms will cost. So why the fuss?

Over 17,000 posts of trying to explain to over 500,000 people on NL why CHAMELEON is BULL
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by Pharoh: 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

In many other democracies, late candidates are usually ignored and most parties have deadlines that stop people from throwing their name in the hat at the last minute.

So you honestly think we have democracy in Nigeria? grin
Re: President Jonathan Scared Of Declaring To Contest? by 9ijaMan: 5:38pm On Sep 15, 2010
@ Kobojunkie,
I would not waste my precious time attempting to open the eyes of these guys. According to them GEJ has performed above average and I could not help myself from bursting into uncontrollable laughter. I wonder what the index of measurement is for someone to conclude that GEJ has performed above average. Perhaps his posts on FB is above average, to that I agree totally. Can any of GEJ's cronies come up with what he's done "above average"? Ironically, it seems 9ja now has light 24-7, the roads are now well tarred and hospitals have been supplied state of the art medical equipment within the last 8 months since he became the president of 9ja.

@ Beaf & the rest of GEJ's cronies
Without resorting to uncouth, rude and foul words, can you all please list 3 "above average" achievements of GEJ since he got into office as president?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ondo Discovers 14,000 Multiple Registration / Gej New Cabinet: Select Your Team. / Imo Sanitation Agency Reorganises, Creates 20 Zones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.