Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,703 members, 7,809,673 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Ghana For My Honeymoon - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ghana For My Honeymoon (6561 Views)

Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria / Best Place For Low Cost Honeymoon In Nigeria / Where Would You Love to Have Your Honeymoon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana For My Honeymoon by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 15, 2010
Pls what will it cost to go for a 6day trip to Ghana for 2 by air. How much does a 3 or 4 star hotel cost? I guess Ghana Air flies from Lagos?
Pls i would like useful advice especially from our Ghanaian based friends as i would be going for my honeymoon soon.
Re: Ghana For My Honeymoon by labiyemmy(m): 10:24am On Sep 15, 2010
Arik/Aero Contractor flies to Accra - the last time I went- 2009 - I paid about 22k Naira one way.

You will get nice hotels in Accra for $100 per night - you will get for more if you have the bucks.

Food may be an issue for you - but you have load of choices at down town Osu - there are new restaurants serving Naija food down in Osu.

Security is great - feel free to move around - its not like Lagos.
Re: Ghana For My Honeymoon by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 15, 2010
^^^
Tanks man, flight seems cheap and the hotel rate is alrite, i can afford a $200 a night room. Food shouldn't be a problem, my wife and i can live on rice, bread and salad for 6 days.
Re: Ghana For My Honeymoon by labiyemmy(m): 11:14am On Sep 15, 2010
wOW - For six days no pounded yam, fufu, amala, gaari? Up you.

Meanwhile - never ask for Okro - they dont slice their okro into pieces like ours-

Never ask for peppersoup - they will give you fish/meat with normal stew/soup

Never ask for fufu - its not like our own
Re: Ghana For My Honeymoon by SirKay3(m): 5:17pm On Sep 15, 2010
@ Poster,

You may feel free to contact me on kaadetunji@yahoo.com for full information.
Re: Ghana For My Honeymoon by justwise(m): 5:22pm On Sep 15, 2010
Sir Kay:

@ Poster,

You may feel free to contact me on kaadetunji@yahoo.com for full information.

Get ur head out of ur backside.

Why must he contact u?
Copy from labiyemmy if you can't write it here.
Re: Ghana For My Honeymoon by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 15, 2010
^^^
Thank u my bro. Why must i contact him? I've gotten the info and will go to Aero to find out. I have my money so getting a good hotel wouldn't be hard to locate when i arrive Ghana soil.
Re: Ghana For My Honeymoon by DisGuy: 6:24pm On Sep 15, 2010
@labiyemmy:

wOW - For six days no pounded yam, fufu, amala, gaari? Up you.

Meanwhile - never ask for Okro - they dont slice their okro into pieces like ours-

Never ask for peppersoup - they will give you fish/meat with normal stew/soup

Never ask for fufu - its not like our own

haba Ghana is not Nigeria

Their food is similar and I'm sure there are some restaurants/hotels serving nigerian dishes but all the same nothing wrong in trying Ghanaian food or the Ghanaian version of 'nigerian' food
Re: Ghana For My Honeymoon by teamman(m): 6:27pm On Sep 15, 2010
Aqva:

Pls what will it cost to go for a 6day trip to Ghana for 2 by air. How much does a 3 or 4 star hotel cost? I guess Ghana Air flies from Lagos?
Pls i would like useful advice especially from our Ghanaian based friends as i would be going for my honeymoon soon.

Hi You can try Laparadiseinn located in Labadi Accra. Very good inn. It gives you the option of doing your cooking because it has fitted kitchens with the room or you order your meals. Its a very quiet and serene area. I actually spent my honeymoon there. For me it had both the hotel and home fill. maybe i was tired of staying in hotels. www dot laparadiseinn dot com.
Re: Ghana For My Honeymoon by DisGuy: 6:29pm On Sep 15, 2010
Aqva:

Depending on where/what part of Ghana you are going to you can get 3/4 star hotels from $50/night
they have loads of information online
Re: Ghana For My Honeymoon by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 15, 2010
beware Ghana and xenophobia targetted at Nigerians!

a timely WARNING
Re: Ghana For My Honeymoon by gunuvi(m): 9:43pm On Sep 16, 2010
My brother, you dont need to go all the way to Ghana to enjoy your honeymoon. Lets take you to Badagry for a memorable honeymoon that also includes 2 nights in cotonou all at a very affordable price. There are very nice hotels, including whispering palms, green arcade hotesl, VIP Challets etc and nice beaches not to forget Nice sea sides restaurants.
We will also take you on tour of the following historical monuments and sites;

Slave Market
First storey building in Nigeria. (where Bishop Ajayi Crowther translated The English bible to Yoruba)
Black Heritage Museum,
Slave Cells (Barracoon)
Early Missionaries Cementary
Mobee Family Slave Relics
1st primary school in Nigeria
First church in Nigeria
Agia Tree were Christianity was first preached
and the Point of no Return.

Contact us for a very comprehensive brochure and cost implications at
Swazi tours, Nigeria
swazitoursnigeria@gmail.com or call 07026015480, i can assure you that you will get a maximum satisfaction at a rate that will be less that 50% of your Ghana budget,
Re: Ghana For My Honeymoon by hercules07: 2:47am On Sep 17, 2010
Book your tickets online at Aero and you get much cheaper prices, there was a time Aero were doing Accra at ridiculously low prices, there are hotels around the Osu area that are at $50/night. Enjoy your stay in Accra
Re: Ghana For My Honeymoon by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 17, 2010
gunuvi:

My brother, you dont need to go all the way to Ghana to enjoy your honeymoon. Lets take you to Badagry for a memorable honeymoon that also includes 2 nights in cotonou all at a very affordable price.

You sound very ignorant, and patronising here.

Someone wants to go to Ghana for his honeymoon, he's asked for costs, hotels etc. So, himself and his new bride have already decided it's going to be Ghana. And here you are, offering to "change" their honeymoon location, because you have a vested commercial interest (promoting your own business). Not cool! If you can't suggest places and prices in Ghana (which is the OP's choice) then I'd suggest not contributing at all. Don't attempt to make the OP feel he doesn't know what he wants!

1 Like

Re: Ghana For My Honeymoon by SirKay3(m): 10:35am On Sep 17, 2010
@ justwise & Aqva,

I'm very sorry if my post sounds silly please. I'm a family man, married with 4 kids, no begger and an established person. I live in Accra and thought I could be of help @ no cost to poster. Enjoy your honeymoon.

@ justwise,

My head is already out of my backside. No hating please, but watch the way you talk to people, moreso, when you dont know them.

Peace!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist / Important How Slovenia Country Is / I Want To Relocate To Dubai But....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.