Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians (30424 Views)

It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays / Thousands of Immigrants Losing US Visas After Massive Tech Layoffs / Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by Rollitout: 1:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
He won't be the next president in 2020 the national association of spiritual forces of Nigeria are already working against his progress.

Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by kafulka(m): 1:31pm On Apr 17, 2019
solasoulmusic:

Trump is trying to clamp down on illegal overstay If majority did it the right way it won’t affect those just going on holiday as well

Holidaying !!! Must it be U.S. A

Must u go to where u are not wanted
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 17, 2019
kafulka:

Must u go to where u are not wanted
Which country doesn’t like tourists I’ve lived in the United States they are even more welcoming than some Nigerians what they don’t want is people using the pretense of going on holiday as a loophole to immigrate.
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by greatbrian(m): 1:38pm On Apr 17, 2019
All of them their shud be repatraited since they said buhari is working. Lets all enjoy the change, nobody should bail out
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by eduson33(m): 2:28pm On Apr 17, 2019
I don't understand why people overstay their visit visa..
creating bad name for others.
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by martineverest(m): 2:44pm On Apr 17, 2019
ismart:
Canada to the rescue lol
that one is worse.... Canadian visa is harder to get than American

1 Like

Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by NaMeAboki: 2:46pm On Apr 17, 2019
We all know those Nigerians responsible for this backlash. lipsrsealed
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by Atigba: 2:50pm On Apr 17, 2019
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by lastempero: 2:51pm On Apr 17, 2019
Si Buhari can finish them.
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by thunderbabs: 3:09pm On Apr 17, 2019
Trump isnt gonna be PoTus forever. If he likes he should ban totally, it will be relaxed by someone else
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by Ugosample(m): 3:21pm On Apr 17, 2019
kafulka:

Must u go to where u are not wanted .
no mind them
Turkey is a good holiday destination
Thailand is a good holiday destination

even South Africa is a very good holiday destination
Yet na USA dem dey force themselves to go.
Yeye and nonsense
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by hammed71(m): 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2019
@rtsc, @ugosample I don't think Canada has a quota for immigrants
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by soggy28(m): 3:42pm On Apr 17, 2019
Nigerians are bn harassed daily around the world coz we av chosen to deny that we are in crises and choosen to run to other countries to avoid the problems at home.
Typical of nigerians We are all trying to run away from Nigeria instead of holding our leaders accountable.we are self centred and we cared less abt others.
So sad Nigerians av become an unwanted specie around the globe.

1 Like

Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by UtuokeAlcoholic: 3:59pm On Apr 17, 2019
Hope it wasn't same Trump that our OSU flatron celebrate his victory over Mrs Clinton cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by unikwa: 4:05pm On Apr 17, 2019
Trump is doing the right thing.
Nigeria should be doing the same with illegal entries from Chad, Niger, Cameroun, etc. I many heard Boko Haram are from those countries.

Nigeria can be just as great, if only the leaders can build good roads; build Internet infrastructure and make it affordable to all; and cut senators' salaries. With those three things in place, the private sector can handle the rest. Those three things cannot be done by the private sector.
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by Ugosample(m): 4:18pm On Apr 17, 2019
soggy28:
Nigerians are bn harassed daily around the world coz we av chosen to deny that we are in crises and choosen to run to other countries to avoid the problems at home.
Typical of nigerians We are all trying to run away from Nigeria instead of holding our leaders accountable.we are self centred and we cared less abt others.
So sad Nigerians av become an unwanted specie around the globe.

hold which leaders accountable

the one that the majority poor illiterate and useless back to frustrate the middle class?

the middle class will continue to flee, and leave the carcass of the country to the fools.
when its time to vote, una go vote useless and incapable leaders because of tribalism

Stupid ass
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by Johncables402: 4:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
Ugosample:

#Fact!

Look at the U.S. giving China 10 years multiple entry visas
.Some having to do just ESTA

while others have to queue and fight for the visa

You are treated the way you deserve
that's the way of the world

South Africa and Senegal also enjoy the same , yet they are third world shytholes as well. Are they better than Nigeria? undecided
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by Legendguru: 4:49pm On Apr 17, 2019
until we protest for a real change and.the old cargos.to step down so that we can.all reap the benefit of God given resources , it wont stop usa and other countries from.embarrassing.us with visa denial
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by Elvis778(m): 5:12pm On Apr 17, 2019
Abeg make una wait small make i enter first.......... after that, den you can ban the fucking country from getting ya visa
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by Beautyaddy: 5:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
Ugosample:

#Fact!

Look at the U.S. giving China 10 years multiple entry visas
.Some having to do just ESTA

while others have to queue and fight for the visa

You are treated the way you deserve
that's the way of the world

Johncables402:

South Africa and Senegal also enjoy the same , yet they are third world shytholes as well. Are they better than Nigeria? undecided

That's not true.
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 17, 2019
tsaragii:
God bless northern Nigeria.

With Boko Haram, herdsmen, hellrufai and abuse of early forced marriage... Amen
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 17, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
Why me
How then wud i enter usa
O my God
Why am i cursed in Nigeria
Well maybe id have to go to canada then from thr move to yankee
Buhari why

My brother this one pass the war wey our grandfather told us then..

Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by Johncables402: 5:51pm On Apr 17, 2019
Beautyaddy:

That's not true.

What's not true ?.
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by Beautyaddy: 5:56pm On Apr 17, 2019
Johncables402:

What's not true ?.

It is not true that the US is giving Senegal and South Africa 10 years multiple entry US visa.
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by Johncables402: 6:10pm On Apr 17, 2019
Beautyaddy:

It is not true that the US is giving Senegal and South Africa 10 years multiple entry US visa.

Go and do your research Sir . We qualify for two years and the countries mentioned 10 .
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by Beautyaddy: 6:33pm On Apr 17, 2019
Johncables402:

Go and do your research Sir . We qualify for two years and the countries mentioned 10 .

If you have the evidence post it.

I do know that the US visa given to South Africa citizens are no longer fixated to 10 years multiple entry.

Nigerian visas to US citizens are also two years if not less...so it is reciprocal.
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by Johncables402: 6:42pm On Apr 17, 2019
Beautyaddy:

If you have the evidence post it.

I do know that the US visa given to South Africa citizens are no longer fixated to 10 years multiple entry.

Nigerian visas to US citizens are also two years if not less...so it is reciprocal.

I repeat , SA and Senegal qualify for 10 year visas to America. You can show any evidence that proves otherwise.
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by Beautyaddy: 6:56pm On Apr 17, 2019
Johncables402:

I repeat , SA and Senegal qualify for 10 year visas to America. You can show any evidence that proves otherwise.

Okay, you're right.

However, I still maintain that it must be reciprocal.

US citizens do not need visas to visit Senegal or South Africa.
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by Johncables402: 7:05pm On Apr 17, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Okay, you're right.

However, I still maintain that it must be reciprocal.

US citizens do not need visas to visit Senegal or South Africa.

The last two are still developing countries, who need the money American tourists bring to their countries, while America doesn't need that much from them.

My initial point was that you don't exactly need to be a super power to be taken seriously by other nations , but your citizens must not be desparate and a nuisance to their host. We don't hear of Senegalese and South Africans making long queues to apply for American visas, but if it were us who enjoy the same privilege as them , we would abuse it .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by Ugosample(m): 11:18pm On Apr 17, 2019
Focusmind:

You think that those who votes for the leaders we have do apply for visa to go to other countries? Majority of Nigerian voters are ignorant and cant make any informed electoral decision. They vote based on mundane things like tribe, religion and other irrelevant consideration.

The middle and upper class are in minority and most of them are the victim of failed leadership. Any unfavorable visa policies from the western government affects the middle class, who in most cases did not contribute to bringing in government in power.

The poor and the people on the street that mostly vote for all these useless leaders do not even know the consequence of their action.

You have analysed the situation aptly

The majority poor and ignorant vote in the leaders that mirror them in personality, and since their lives are fvcked up already, they don't have much to lose

but for you wanting a better life and wanting to move ahead
the govt screws you over
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by 9jaRealist: 11:58pm On Apr 17, 2019
omogidi234:
I do not blame those who are traveling. In fact they see us as not serious. I have people who are wondering what I am still doing in Nigeria.

The roads in mainland of Lagos except Surulere and Alimosho are terrible. Heavy traffic, security men killing people here and there. No constant electricity yet they bring bills at the end of the month and sometimes outrageous. I was telling someone this morning that Nigerians are the greatest among the creature of God. For those who have chosen to stay back, let us give them credit and for those who are going, let us wish them well.

Americans fixed (and are still fixing) America, and Nigerians need to do the same...
Policemen in the US are still killing unarmed black men “here and there” but they will overcome.
Re: Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians by omogidi234(m): 7:58am On Apr 18, 2019
9jaRealist:

Americans fixed (and are still fixing) America, and Nigerians need to do the same...
Policemen in the US are still killing unarmed black men “here and there” but they will overcome.

Great comment. Nigerians actually want a change but it seems to me that we do not know how to wrestle Nigeria from the same people who have been in power since the first coup d'etat.

Look at Kingsley Moghalu for example, his name began to ring bell (to me oh!) only during the last election. Yes, I know him as a brilliant chap but not as a politician until that 2019 elections. Then he lost and began to blame Nigerian youth and then he said he was retiring from politics. I think he should go and study OBAMA.

I mean, he has another 4 years to hit the ground running and gather everyone from 18 to 45 to his side, through all manner of advocacy. It is tough but there is no harm in trying. He could start from the Senate. So you can see that we do not know how to wrestle Nigeria from these guys.

I agree there is nowhere on the surface of the earth that we do not have vices but when you have systems in place, it would reduce such vices.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again / Man And Fiancee Die In Car Accident Days To Wedding In Akwa Ibom / I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.