Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,036 members, 7,841,937 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time (47313 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss / Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Organs(m): 5:13pm On Apr 17, 2019
Kendumazy:
She had to bring it to social media. Very unprofessional. The man will thank God he didn't employ her cos this one go dey cast the company.

Anybody can take to social media, that is the medium to express oneself for most people, most importantly, she did not reveal Company name or any persons name, she was professional. The man is a mumu man, with your comment, i pity anyone working for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by partnerbizz4: 5:26pm On Apr 17, 2019
sweetrace:
I won’t employ her in the first place. I don’t think it professional to respond to your potential boss with a thanks and not a thank you. Plus she’s not smart. She did not accept the terms of employment. How did she arrive at her being fired? Then we’ll keep hearing how there are no jobs.

So she can't use "thanks"?

What's the difference between thank you and thanks?

Did you consider they were chatting on Whatsapp and not mail?

Don't get me bananas please.
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by sweetrace(f): 5:27pm On Apr 17, 2019
partnerbizz4:

Please go bananas !!!

3 Likes

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Goalnaldo(m): 5:28pm On Apr 17, 2019
Sethzenon:

Even the bible says "heaven helps those who help themselves"
that statement is not biblical

1 Like

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Ubdavis(m): 5:31pm On Apr 17, 2019
I don't knw why this should be an issue.... They have a policy, if u are have problems with that, quietly walk way...
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Jman06(m): 5:35pm On Apr 17, 2019
Guest007:

It's like that all over the world, if you can't work the hours required, you don't get the job.
It's not like that all over the world! In developed countries people don't work like elephants and get paid like ants.

Nigerian employers are slave drivers!

I'm sure the salary attached to that job is not up to 40k.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 17, 2019
maasoap:
My own concern is: why working for you for a whole week without paying her? Will she be eating stones and walking to work for that week? Wicked employer

A whole week! you know slavery ain't over it just has a new name shocked

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 17, 2019
Jman06:
It's not like that all over the world! In developed countries people don't work like elephants and get paid like ants.

Nigerian employers are slave drivers!

I'm sure the salary attached to that job is not up to 40k.

Well, that's a different matter all together. Can I ask you something; I wonder who developed those countries?

200m of you all and you'll can't develop a country shocked

That's a lil dig... no vex abeg

I was shocked at the week without pay, that's my problem, no be Saturday, and payday matters. undecided

1 Like

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by deltateam: 5:41pm On Apr 17, 2019
SageMK:
More like she fired herself.

Truly she's not smart or she doesn't need the job depending on the pay.
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 17, 2019
partnerbizz4:

You've never heard of formal and informal? They be your friend or... professionalism is required.

They dodged a bullet not hiring her because she's here blasting them on SM, so confidentiality is another thing she's never heard of.

1 Like

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 17, 2019
Gleefreak125:
She probably has support from somewhere. In a country where everyone is asked to start a business yet difficult to find customers. Even those who manage to patronize you do so on credit. Many are out there who'd take the job and work on Sundays too.

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Gift84(f): 6:16pm On Apr 17, 2019
My dear, omo sexy said it is Hellish n bubu said we have rice in kano cry
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by MrSly(m): 6:17pm On Apr 17, 2019
joshchisimdi:
A Nigerian lady took to Twitter yesterday, to narrate how she was fired while on her way to resume work for the first time.  According to the Twitter user, she never agreed to work on Saturdays following a chat which came in and that was why she got fired.

The Nigerian lady who narrated how she was fired yesterday while on her way to resume work for the first time, tweeted; 

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/17/nigerian-lady-fired-while-on-her-way-to-resume-work-for-the-first-time/

Village people has done nothing. You are the employee and you are trying to set the rules. Lol. You are dam not serious. I like that employer though. He knows what he wants and can't settle for less.
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by MrSly(m): 6:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
So for her to take the business like hers, she had to work on Saturday? Why not allow her tell you amount you will pay her since she has to take the business as hers. I know that most Nigerian employees are crazy, but most Nigerian employers are crazier .

Capitalising on the jobs that are not forthcoming to exploit employees. One person will do the 3 persons work and paid one person's amount. If you complain, they will tell you that there are 1001 persons out there that Re ready to do the work at half the salary you are being paid, which unfortunately is the truth
Establish a business. Fund it, recruit employees, pay them. Then come back to read 'this your comment' again.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by CoolVoice(m): 6:28pm On Apr 17, 2019
Lazy ass.. Which employer will want to employ her now when she bring her stupidity online?
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Meliaen(f): 6:35pm On Apr 17, 2019
People and entitlement mentality sha. Girl, you weren't fired. The offer was still open. To work or not on Saturdays is your choice. To accept or reject your terms is up to your potential employer, in which case, your counter offer was rejected. Lawful.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Meliaen(f): 6:39pm On Apr 17, 2019
Creampro:
All these I can't work Saturdays...if you are in Europe you will be asking for more hours sef.

Guy, this is not Europe. You guys need to be over and done with always comparing Europe to Nigeria. Besides, in your dear Europe, you get paid working overtime so I see no basis for comparison.

1 Like

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 17, 2019
Goalnaldo:
that statement is not biblical

Just figured that out. I hear many Christians use it alot so I thought it was. Thanks though, we learn everyday
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Amalekki: 6:45pm On Apr 17, 2019
Meliaen:
Guy, this is not Europe. You guys need to be over and done with always comparing Europe to Nigeria. Besides, in your dear Europe, you get paid working overtime so I see no basis for comparison.
Well then, you are right. She is in Nigeria and should abide by the rules of the employer in Nigeria. The employer needs someone that can work Saturdays and she has rejected that option. What's the issue here?

1 Like

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Meliaen(f): 6:46pm On Apr 17, 2019
Amalekki:

Well then, you are right. She is in Nigeria and should abide by the rules of the employer in Nigeria. The employer needs someone that can work Saturdays and she has rejected that option. What's the issue here?

Who said anything about issues?
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by poseidon12: 6:51pm On Apr 17, 2019
tgmservice:
maybe your employee was scared of your wugly face

She is the employee. The man that hired (and fired) her is the employer. English language.
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Amalekki: 6:53pm On Apr 17, 2019
Meliaen:

Who said anything about issues?
The applicant, obviously. The subject of this thread!

1 Like

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by AnanseK(m): 7:04pm On Apr 17, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
So for her to take the business like hers, she had to work on Saturday? Why not allow her tell you amount you will pay her since she has to take the business as hers. I know that most Nigerian employees are crazy, but most Nigerian employers are crazier .

Capitalising on the jobs that are not forthcoming to exploit employees. One person will do the 3 persons work and paid one person's amount. If you complain, they will tell you that there are 1001 persons out there that Re ready to do the work at half the salary you are being paid, which unfortunately is the truth

If my business requires Saturday work, I will have to employ persons ready to work on Saturdays.
A restaurant. A gym , an hotel or supermarket or a hospital I suppose
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by mmadu5(m): 7:10pm On Apr 17, 2019
if she open her legs they will re employ her
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 17, 2019
joshchisimdi:
A Nigerian lady took to Twitter yesterday, to narrate how she was fired while on her way to resume work for the first time.  According to the Twitter user, she never agreed to work on Saturdays following a chat which came in and that was why she got fired.

The Nigerian lady who narrated how she was fired yesterday while on her way to resume work for the first time, tweeted; 

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/17/nigerian-lady-fired-while-on-her-way-to-resume-work-for-the-first-time/

She wasn't fired.

She said she doesn't like her job conditions n as a result couldn't resume
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 17, 2019
Enjoy your saturdays dear. God no go allow u tey for house
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by gospi: 7:18pm On Apr 17, 2019
A female home tutor is needed at 6th Avenue Festac Lagos.To teach two kids :Pry 6 and Pry 2. For three days in a week .Mondays ,Wednesdays and Fridays .
Time 5pm - 7pm.
Salary is 20k monthly .
I need someone who stays or works around Festac.
Interested persons should chat me up on Whatsapp on 08160903487.
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Meliaen(f): 7:25pm On Apr 17, 2019
Amalekki:

The applicant, obviously. The subject of this thread!

Oh yeah. The applicant has other problems, I presume.
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by excessmon(m): 7:28pm On Apr 17, 2019
U will be supporting bullshit.....if na Yankee she go collect Saturday come use Sunday as free day for dem just cos its abroad....lazy youth everywhere...... Spend another 2 years looking for anoda one...Saturday ur free day doing wat?
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by tucee31: 7:29pm On Apr 17, 2019
So isn't she supposed to have a life anymore all because she needs to "take the business as her own" undecided
How much is the pay?
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by excessmon(m): 7:32pm On Apr 17, 2019
The Saturday is free for her to come to nairaland and post rubbish about her life......@op u are very very...

Very lazy
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by excessmon(m): 7:35pm On Apr 17, 2019
Read d topic and re answer...I believe ur brain works anticlockwise
Gift84:
My dear, omo sexy said it is Hellish n bubu said we have rice in kano cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss / David Hundeyin: How Toyosi Ogunseye Sexually Harasses Men, Sabotages Careers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.