Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,908 members, 7,841,428 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time (47312 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss / Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by TANID(m): 7:37pm On Apr 17, 2019
Guest007:

It's like that all over the world, if you can't work the hours required, you don't get the job.
Ok Thanks For Eyes Open
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 17, 2019
TANID:

Ok Thanks For Eyes Open

Thank you for the opportunity kiss
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Zeusc(m): 8:24pm On Apr 17, 2019
1st timer
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 17, 2019
Suffer head employer.
All these Nigerians taking advantage of joblessness to exploit job seekers.
Nigerians are indeed the cause of their misfortune.
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Denique(f): 9:34pm On Apr 17, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
So for her to take the business like hers, she had to work on Saturday? Why not allow her tell you amount you will pay her since she has to take the business as hers. I know that most Nigerian employees are crazy, but most Nigerian employers are crazier .

Capitalising on the jobs that are not forthcoming to exploit employees. One person will do the 3 persons work and paid one person's amount. If you complain, they will tell you that there are 1001 persons out there that Re ready to do the work at half the salary you are being paid, which unfortunately is the truth

My situation right now. Doing the job of three persons for the salary of one and my boss doesn't fail to remind us how terrible the labour market is. He always tells us how they'll be willing to take less than what he's paying us. Just recently our salaries were slashed. It can only get better...
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by FRANKOSKI(m): 7:13am On Apr 18, 2019
THE EMPLOYER LACKS PROFESSIONAL FINESSE. MTCHEW!
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 18, 2019
I don't think she was fired...please read thread thread again
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Ajibaba101(m): 10:52am On Apr 18, 2019
Sew how you can ask question the smartest way https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-ask-questions-the-smart-way/
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Venerable612(m): 12:31pm On Apr 18, 2019
Creampro:
All these I can't work Saturdays...if you are in Europe you will be asking for more hours sef.

You get paid hourly... it’s different.

You are contracted to work fixed time Monday to Saturday or Monday to Friday - it’s still same amount you going to be paid. It’s not like they consider the Saturday overtime.

If yu ask me - she did herself some good; as long as she is smart she will most likely get a better offer.
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Venerable612(m): 12:34pm On Apr 18, 2019
Kendumazy:
She had to bring it to social media. Very unprofessional. The man will thank God he didn't employ her cos this one go dey cast the company.

Sometimes it’s okah to expose these shrewd employers. What’s good is it if they are going to keep treating other applicants with the same impunity?

I worked in a company in Nigeria and I gladly came to the office on Saturday sometimes - but that was because we had deals to close and we all knew how important it was.

If you ask me - they should be exposed! And she didn’t even mention the name of the company so it’s probably fine.
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by datgidiboy: 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2019
She wasn't fired! She rejected the offer because of their condition
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by virago(f): 3:13pm On Apr 18, 2019
fowlyansh181:
because Europe pays according to how you work, Nigeria doesn’t

Irrelevant , she says she can't work on Saturdays whether you pay or not , even in Europe if you're not willing to work on days designated for the job then you don't get the job. Her refusing to work on Saturdays and not willing to bend is her own choice so she can get a job that allows her free Saturdays elsewhere , the employer also not willing to employ someone who isn't ready to work on Saturdays is his own choice too. However why has she come online to whine , does she want the employer to accept what he can't take as well
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by virago(f): 3:18pm On Apr 18, 2019
Organs:

Anybody can take to social media, that is the medium to express oneself for most people, most importantly, she did not reveal Company name or any persons name, she was professional. The man is a mumu man, with your comment, i pity anyone working for you.

How is the man a mumu He says he wants only people who are ready to work on Saturdays and you want him to bend his rule , is the job her birthright or did she contribute in setting up the business ? Let her move on and stop whining
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Cityguy: 6:58pm On Apr 18, 2019
post=77623574:
She made her choice and the job owner did the same!

So why run to Twitter?!

Next Pls............
Don't mind her. She's just attention seeking. She was not hired or fired. Transaction wasn't even completed. Contract wasn't yet established and she called that 'fired'?
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Cityguy: 7:00pm On Apr 18, 2019
datgidiboy:
She wasn't fired! She rejected the offer because of their condition
Q.E.D!
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Cityguy: 7:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
virago:

Irrelevant , she says she can't work on Saturdays whether you pay or not , even in Europe if you're willing to work on days designated for the job then you don't get the job. Her refusing to work on Saturdays and not willing to bend is her own choice so she can get a job that allows her free Saturdays , the employer also not willing to employ someone who isn't ready to work on Saturdays is his own choice too. However why has she come online to whine , does she want the employer to accept what he can't take as well
Don't even sweat yourself. She made her choice. No village person was on her matter. That's how they love playing the victim's card. No one wronged her.
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Bbbwings: 11:20pm On Apr 18, 2019
gospi:
A female home tutor is needed at 6th Avenue Festac Lagos.To teach two kids :Pry 6 and Pry 2. For three days in a week .Mondays ,Wednesdays and Fridays .
Time 5pm - 7pm.
Salary is 20k monthly .
I need someone who stays or works around Festac.
Interested persons should chat me up on Whatsapp on 08160903487.
I hope I'm wrong..
I just feel your kids are in school from 8am till 3pm..
And now again you're trying to wring out from them the little time they have for themselves...
Allow their brains to rest I beg. They are too young for this shit.
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by drcast(m): 7:07am On Apr 19, 2019
Congratulations for escaping the rat race
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by gospi: 2:56pm On Apr 22, 2019
Bbbwings:

I hope I'm wrong..
I just feel your kids are in school from 8am till 3pm..
And now again you're trying to wring out from them the little time they have for themselves...
Allow their brains to rest I beg. They are too young for this shit.
And yes you are wrong and didn't have to type this poo .Please pass.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss / David Hundeyin: How Toyosi Ogunseye Sexually Harasses Men, Sabotages Careers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.