Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S (22411 Views)

Bornu Old Hawker Wows Nigerians With His Impeccable Queen's English: Video / Igboho To FG: I’m Not Nigeria’s Problem… Don’t Intimidate Me / BIAFRA: Don’t Speak Against Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB – Prophet Warns Nigerians (vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Chinekepikin: 3:13pm On Apr 17, 2019
Following the recent increase in extrajudicial killings by his colleagues, ACP Abayomi Shogunle has advised Nigerians to henceforth stop speaking Queens English to police officers that accost them on duty.

Abayomi in his post wrote;

"For now, don't go and be speaking Queen's English with them on the road. For proper understanding talk to them in Pidgin, another way to avoid kasala".

Watch video below;

Source:
http://www.thenaijafame.com.ng/2019/04/to-avoid-problem-dont-speak-queens.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Chinekepikin: 3:13pm On Apr 17, 2019
See reactions below, Watch Video from HERE

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by SouthSouth1914: 5:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
Very stupid talk!! But our stupidd and senseless police will listen to anyone with queens English and hard currency!

Time for the police and all its personnel to be overhauled for the good of this God forsaken country!!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Tekashi12: 5:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
Funny stuff

3 Shares

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by twilliamx(m): 5:20pm On Apr 17, 2019
Bulllshit
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by queengift(f): 5:20pm On Apr 17, 2019
We still have a long way to go in this country, God help us

3 Likes

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by flourishing247: 5:20pm On Apr 17, 2019
Madness. Thanks for telling us police officers are illiterates

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by ricon: 5:21pm On Apr 17, 2019
Very unreasonable comment.

What has queens English got to do with killing of innocent youths?

I'm seriously questioning the IQ of this guy.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by intothed: 5:21pm On Apr 17, 2019
Tired of Being Single and Emotionally Lonely BUT seriously ready for MARRIAGE? THEN HIT ME ON THE PLATFORM OF LOVE FOR GENUINE MATCHMAKING

This couple on our official DP on Whatsapp and Telegram are basking wonderfully in the beauty of their marriage. They met, fell in love and got married on the platform of love and will be celebrating their ONE YEAR anniversary in a couple of months from now. A couple other wedding preparations are underway for couples who were connected on the platform of love already and more and more matchmaking connections are happening EVERY SINGLE DAY because we mean serious business of love matchmaking. NO JOKE!

You still a doubting Thomas? We just can't help your 'next level of thomasicological infracbrouhaha'

NOTE THIS: If you are not ready for serious relationship, if you are looking for 2nd wife, if you are looking for sugar mummy, sugar daddy or sugar baby, if you are a married man or woman looking for 'sarawagba' (we have chased out and embarrassed over 30 married men from the platform so far) and if you are not ready to register to verify your details. PLEASE DONT BOTHER JOINING BECAUSE WE DONT WANT OR ACCEPT ANYONE OR ANYTHING THAT WOULD PHYSICALLY OR EMOTIONALLY AFFECT THE WELL BEING OF OUR DEAR MEMBERS!

Signup, registration and membership absolutely free

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? START YOUR TRUE LOVE CONNECTION NOW

1 Like

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by armadeo(m): 5:21pm On Apr 17, 2019
shithole....

Nigerians as usual will make a joke of this not knowing the severe implications, imagine the man with a gun triggered to anger because you are speaking English.

yet we are LOLing all the way,

shithole

8 Likes

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by chloride6: 5:21pm On Apr 17, 2019
[left][/left]
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by chloride6: 5:22pm On Apr 17, 2019
[left][/left] grin
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by PureMind2: 5:22pm On Apr 17, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Yankee101: 5:23pm On Apr 17, 2019
Is he a police guy?

If yes, shame on him
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by cr7lomo: 5:23pm On Apr 17, 2019
How did this become police officer....well this says it all...if an educated senior officer can make this outrageous statement...then u should not b surprised with the actions of the illiterate junior officers that is giving the masses great problems ...there must be some sort of evil spirit that possesses anyone that joins the Nigerian police

6 Likes

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by lonelydora: 5:24pm On Apr 17, 2019
So all the SARS officers do not understand English but Pidgin?

Who did this to us?
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by babtoundey(m): 5:24pm On Apr 17, 2019
And if I can't speak pidgin?? I should act dumb and deaf? Nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Mexyz(m): 5:25pm On Apr 17, 2019
Nothing wey we no go hear for this our country.
How about I speak Esan language to them to avoid kasala So I need to speak a particular language to people I pay with my tax in order to avoid getting killed?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 17, 2019
Some people will not listen they will be criticising without proper understanding, I notice that most of those that are killed are not well dressed, or with tattoos or earrings

2 Likes

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by 2fine2fast(m): 5:27pm On Apr 17, 2019
In sane countries this stupid goat will be fired or forced to resign.

Our official language is English and yet we are not to communicate in the language cos we don't want to get into trouble with the Police if we do.

SHITHOLE country.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by hischoice(m): 5:27pm On Apr 17, 2019
Of course, this story will sell as it's been reported.
But for a moment, back off and dare to ask...
"Could this truly be what he said?"

It's a tough thing to do, but once you get to the position of questioning our 21st century news "facts," you'd be surprised to discover how brilliant you've become.
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 17, 2019
I think he's right, Pidgin English is widely spoken in Naija.

The educated and uneducated have an idea speaking Pidgin English.

Language is one of the entities that causes disunity in any Nation. Pidgin English can be the uniting chord we've been missing.

After all, majority Lagosians speaks Pidgin.

Am I making any sense at all?

2 Likes

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by loadedvibes: 5:28pm On Apr 17, 2019
Lol
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by DamolaIbrahim: 5:32pm On Apr 17, 2019
Actually, I only use Queen's English to interact with policemen when flagged down. In fact once I get to any legal or illegal checkpoint and they stop me, I greet them and speak in plain English, so they know they are dealing with someone who is educated enough to put them in trouble. They don't give me troubles.

If every car driver speaks pidgin to police, they'll treat all of us like unlearned Danfo drivers, whom they bully Upandan.

I once approached an illegal checkpoint and was flagged down by the policeman, before he could utter a word I said 'Hello officer, I'm an activist and a journalist', the police guy mellowed, and said 'Ah Oga, you can go, Abeg write well oo'. I drove off and bursted into laughter. grin grin

On my way back, the useless police guys don Japa! grin

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by oloriLFC(f): 5:33pm On Apr 17, 2019
Stupid fool. Such an annoying statement
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by tempest01(m): 5:35pm On Apr 17, 2019
The worst police force on the face of the earth. How will they be able to read and understand the police laws if they can't speak English?

Why won't there be extra Judiciary killings and kidnap for ransom.

There are lots of intelligent Nigerians that are fit, sound and can speak and understand good English, that are dying to get a job with the police.
But man know man will fill up the police force with illiterates.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Agboola: INEC Gave Me Certificate Of Return But Speaker Refused To Swear Me In / Mohammed Idris: Why Bandits Kidnapped Me – Niger Commissioner / IGP Arase's Birthday Thanksgiving Mass (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.