Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,220 members, 7,811,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark (18720 Views)

Edo Old Woman Blasts Oshiomhole, Says "Obaseki Is Coming Back In Jesus Name" / Adams Oshiomhole On His Way Back To Nigeria, Ready To Face Accusers / Adams Oshiomhole On A Voting Queue (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by 2mercy: 9:14pm On Apr 17, 2019
By Dirisu Yakubu

The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has taken a swipe at the national chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole over a statement he allegedly made that the party will not share chairmanship of House of Representatives and Senate’ Committees with opposition parties in the 9th Assembly, saying the former labour union leader lacks understanding of the internal working mechanisms of the hallowed chambers.

The party described as unfortunate, the statement credited to Oshiomhole, adding that there is no way the Speaker of the House and President of the Senate would emerge without the support of lawmakers elected on the platform of the PDP.

In a chat with our correspondent yesterday, Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the party, Diran Odeyemi, said the PDP has a joker it is keeping close to the chest, warning that when the chips are down,” both Oshiomhole and the APC will be shocked.” He said: “We wonder why Adams Oshiomhole will continue to display a clear lack of understanding of how the leadership of the federal parliament emerges.

It seems he believes that his choice of Ahmed Lawan and Femi Gbajabiamila for the Senate President and Speaker of the House of Representatives respectively will see fruition without the support of our lawmakers. We have our own strategy and at the right time, both him (Oshiomhole) and the APC will be shocked.”

Odeyemi further noted that as a party “still learning the ropes” having only won elections in 2015, “APC can be forgiven for thinking the leadership of the National Assembly is its own to determine.”

On the chairmanship of the committees, the publicity scribe counselled Oshiomhole not to be in a hurry, stating that very soon, the chairmen will emerge in a way he would find difficult to understand.

“He should not be in a hurry and like I said, Oshiomhole appears to have little understanding of how these things work. The chairmen of the committees are not his to appoint. The earlier he realises this, the better for him,” he added.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/04/pdp-blasts-oshiomhole-on-committees-chairmanship-remark/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by baylord101(m): 9:17pm On Apr 17, 2019
APC should learn how to keep their plan secret till the action day instead of making noise

FTC dedicated to all those who know Religion is a scam #ASN #HAN

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by thompson1510(m): 9:17pm On Apr 17, 2019
Land for sale... Contact me abeg.
Na car hire be my business... Ibadan/Lagos.
Will take you anywhere in Nigeria, even if you wanna go to London, we are ready to go with you if you know the route. cool cool grin grin
Na joke I dey joke oooo... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by kenodrill: 9:17pm On Apr 17, 2019
FTC
Re: PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by Wasky101: 9:17pm On Apr 17, 2019
Ok
Re: PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by Herberthansome: 9:18pm On Apr 17, 2019
Noted
Re: PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by bishopkay: 9:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
grin

Una Wan to give am shocker? LOL my major problem with oshiomole and every other short person I know is they always over estimate themselves. Dem go so one and say it's a thousand!

You desperately suppressed edo people votes not to look bad as party chairman that you lost your state now you are dancing at the national assembly scene when your party barely gained new grounds this past election.

Even the presidency y'all stole we are yet to hear the last of it.

Oshiomole is the perfect definition of power corrupts absolutely! I don't believe this is the same man we looked up to then as a trail blazer when he was NLC chairman SMH

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by intothed: 9:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
Tired of Being Single and Emotionally Lonely BUT seriously ready for MARRIAGE? THEN HIT ME ON THE PLATFORM OF LOVE FOR GENUINE MATCHMAKING

This couple on our official DP on Whatsapp and Telegram are basking wonderfully in the beauty of their marriage. They met, fell in love and got married on the platform of love and will be celebrating their ONE YEAR anniversary in a couple of months from now. A couple other wedding preparations are underway for couples who were connected on the platform of love already and more and more matchmaking connections are happening EVERY SINGLE DAY because we mean serious business of love matchmaking. NO JOKE!

You still a doubting Thomas? We just can't help your 'next level of thomasicological infracbrouhaha'

NOTE THIS: If you are not ready for serious relationship, if you are looking for 2nd wife, if you are looking for sugar mummy, sugar daddy or sugar baby, if you are a married man or woman looking for 'sarawagba' (we have chased out and embarrassed over 30 married men from the platform so far) and if you are not ready to register to verify your details. PLEASE DONT BOTHER JOINING BECAUSE WE DONT WANT OR ACCEPT ANYONE OR ANYTHING THAT WOULD PHYSICALLY OR EMOTIONALLY AFFECT THE WELL BEING OF OUR DEAR MEMBERS!

Signup, registration and membership absolutely free

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? START YOUR TRUE LOVE CONNECTION NOW

4 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by omenkaLives(m): 9:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
If I could have my way, members of that demonic foreign (Cameroon) entity wouldn't only be denied committee chair positions, they'd be denied chairs in the chambers. Let them sit their crooked asses on the damn floor! angry

Oshiomole is too gentle for my comfort. angry

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by lordkush: 9:20pm On Apr 17, 2019
is oshomole a nass member ?

stupid tout

4 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by Denikayan: 9:20pm On Apr 17, 2019
PDP still feeling relevant grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by geosuzzy(f): 9:20pm On Apr 17, 2019
Oshiomole dey always disgrace the monkey kingdom...why! Why na oshio?

6 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by iammo(m): 9:21pm On Apr 17, 2019
grin

The first tough party chiarman after akinloye of NPN . This bendel man is very straight to the point, If PDP thinks they can stage a coup by holding election in the absent of major APC lawmakers they better think of a new plan.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by Halo22: 9:22pm On Apr 17, 2019
Oshiomole is just bereft of common sense of articulation and as such, talks more than he thinks.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by GideonOludayomi(m): 9:27pm On Apr 17, 2019
Their media trial agenda knows no bound...

1 Like

Re: PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by festacman(m): 9:28pm On Apr 17, 2019
I agree that chairman Oshiomole is suffering from acute ignorance on this matter.

Assignment of chairmanship of committees is strictly intra-parliamentary politics. It is usually in the best interest of the leaders of parliament to ensure peace and stability in the parliament by appointing members with clout and strong influence to head strategic committees.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 17, 2019
hsafarms:
This igbo people will not stop being criminals...

Oshiomole why?!

mynd44 go just do eye like say he no see am. After we go dey shout nepotism. grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by bizzibodi(m): 9:32pm On Apr 17, 2019
But oshiomole cant u keep a secret?haba!chochocho...chochocho.... grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by Cajayi(m): 9:32pm On Apr 17, 2019
It seems everyone here is tired of responding to this OSHO BABA IGNORANIMOSITY
2mercy:

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/04/pdp-blasts-oshiomhole-on-committees-chairmanship-remark/

1 Like

Re: PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by prigoz(m): 9:55pm On Apr 17, 2019
I had said before but will say it again that Oshemole is suffering from brain hemorrhage and mouth diarrhoea. He thinks that Senate and House of Rep are under control of APC. Please somebody should advise him to reason before he talks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by jaytee01(m): 10:11pm On Apr 17, 2019
Oshiomole with his diarrhea mouth will soon be shocked.
Re: PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by jacoik(m): 10:24pm On Apr 17, 2019
thompson1510:
Land for sale... Contact me abeg.
Na car hire be my business... Ibadan/Lagos.
Will take you anywhere in Nigeria, even if you wanna go to London, we are ready to go with you if you know the route. cool cool grin grin
Na joke I dey joke oooo... grin grin grin
lolxxx I swear e no go beta for person wey do u dis thing
Re: PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by igwefivestar(m): 10:29pm On Apr 17, 2019
2mercy:

On the chairmanship of the committees, the publicity scribe counselled Oshiomhole not to be in a hurry, stating that very soon, the chairmen will emerge in a way he would find difficult to understand.

make una no give ashiomhole heartattack o!

1 Like

Re: PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark by donbenie(m): 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2019
omenkaLives:
If I could have my way, members of that demonic foreign (Cameroon) entity wouldn't only be denied committee chair positions, they'd be denied chairs in the chambers. Let them sit their crooked asses on the damn floor! angry

Oshiomole is too gentle for my comfort. angry
He can continue to rant like the short man he is,

The day of reckoning will soon be upon him..

Na only him be Party Chairman before?

Everything him go like put mouth cho cho, cho cho,cho... cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oluwo Akanbi To Yoruba: Address Ritual Killings In South-West With Your Energy / Al-Mustapha Emerges Action Alliance Presidential Candidate / Photos From Governor Umar Ganduje's Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.