Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services (11453 Views)

Telecoms Services Worsen Over Interconnect Debts / Nigeria Dream To Increase Mobile Broadband Subscriptions To 50% By 2020 / Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by chimjoshjuan: 4:09am On Apr 18, 2019
The Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC has uncovered eight million forceful subscriptions to telecoms services, and this was revealed in  full audit carried out on 45 VAS providers that had over 65 per cent forceful subscriptions.NCC who is Nigeria's telecoms regulator, uncovered the eight million forceful subscriptions to telecoms service after an audit exercise of forceful mass activation of telecoms subscribers into various value added services was conducted in December last year. The audit was carried out after complaints by subscribers that the Do-Not-Disturb facility introduced by the NCC, had not stopped loss of airtime to Mobile Network Operators for unsolicited services.

“We identified over 8,443,367 illegal mass activations in the last audit exercise and established the fact that these practices of unauthorised mass activations of subscribers were widespread and rampant in the telecoms industry,” NCC said in the report.Based on the outcome of the investigative audit, the commission promised to direct the indicted organisations to make refunds to affected consumers as appropriate. Punch reported that the NCC added that it would impose appropriate sanctions as necessary and may suspend or decommission some VAS platforms and services in the overall interests of consumers.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/18/ncc-uncovers-eight-million-forceful-subscriptions-to-telecoms-services/

2 Likes

Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by seunlayi(m): 5:51am On Apr 18, 2019
NCC please leave grammar this is what happened, this is a pure case of theft. Pickpocketing

Pickpocketing is a form of larceny that involves the stealing of money or other valuables from the person or a victim without them noticing the theft at the time. It may involve considerable dexterity and a knack for misdirection. A thief who... Wikipedia

Therefore the toothless NCC should get ready for action and do the needful as stated above, Force them to return those airtime credit involved in the audit, compel them to compensate people with airtime, etc. Until this is done, I won't belive in NCC ignorance of the whole tradition of our telecom operators evil acts

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by Authoreety: 5:51am On Apr 18, 2019
I no understand o
Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by BOOOMNAIJA: 5:52am On Apr 18, 2019
MIND YOU, THE POSTER ABOVE ME SUFFERS FROM ACUTE SCHIZOPHRENIC COMPLICATIONS......

16 Likes

Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by Fabulouski(m): 5:52am On Apr 18, 2019
cool cool
Refund ke
Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by Kendumazy(m): 5:54am On Apr 18, 2019
Na all those old men and women wey no Sabi press phone wella dey suffer am pass. Most of these old people never stop saying, I recharged yesterday and I haven't made any call naaw. They didn't know that one useless forceful subscription done wipe the credit.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by wolesmile(m): 5:55am On Apr 18, 2019
There was even a time I stopped recharging my Glo line due to deductions I know nothing of, after several complaints.
Airtel, before they finally complied, saw me made several threats to sue them for illegal deductions.

8 Likes

Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by Nobody: 5:58am On Apr 18, 2019
angry I dumped my Airtel SIM card for this same reaSon

5 Likes

Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by Bamz(m): 6:01am On Apr 18, 2019
"the commission promised to direct the indicted organisations to make refunds to affected consumers as appropriate. "

I don't even think this is practical, and it only 'meins' one thing...

2 Likes

Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by justmenoni: 6:06am On Apr 18, 2019
How much does it cost for Fiji Island or Australia?
Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by seunfly: 6:10am On Apr 18, 2019
Mtn is the most guilty, I was surprised to know that I v been forcefully subscribed to daily facebook plan, I only got to know when i exhausted my credit for very first time in a long time, the idiots did not see any money to deduct so they told me daily subscription failed due to insufficient balance, I check and I noticed there have been deduction since last year, imagine deducting 50naira daily for more than 6months, that is more than 9K deducted from me without my approval.

GOD WILL SURELLY PUNISH MTN FOR THIS SINGULAR ACT.

8 Likes

Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by Nobody: 6:13am On Apr 18, 2019
Kendumazy:
Na all those old men and women wey no Sabi press phone wella dey suffer am pass. Most of these old people never stop saying, I recharged yesterday and I haven't made any call naaw. They didn't know that one useless forceful subscription done wipe the credit.

Very true.

4 Likes

Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by Houseofglam7(f): 6:25am On Apr 18, 2019
cheesy @forceful subscriptions
Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by Bmaster(m): 6:35am On Apr 18, 2019
Please guys who had an idea on how to unsuscribe from airtel sing along.? this shit,... I suscribe through opera ads, have killed me.
Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by Mukemuke: 6:36am On Apr 18, 2019
The NCC seems tootlhess when it comes to doing the needful. A medical doctor drags Airtel to court and made NCC a second defendant for not doing the needful. See the link to the article.
https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/197461/
Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by trapQ: 6:43am On Apr 18, 2019
Airtel kept doing this to me back then despite several complaints so I borrowed 1500 each on two of my Airtel Sims and N500 on another. I threw the cards away after exhausting the credit.

Payback was so sweet.
seunfly:
Mtn is the most guilty, I was surprised to know that I v been forcefully subscribed to daily facebook plan, I only got to know when i exhausted my credit for very first time in a long time, the idiots did not see any money to deduct so they told me daily subscription failed due to insufficient balance, I check and I noticed they have been deduction since last year.

GOD WILL SURELLY PUNISH MTN FOR THIS SINGULAR ACT.

5 Likes

Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by Mekanus(m): 6:43am On Apr 18, 2019
Airtel was doing same to me some months ago, they kept subscribing me to some unsolicited services, I even reported them to this same NCC but those motherfuckers didn't do shiit.

1 Like

Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 6:51am On Apr 18, 2019
Y'all-cheat.

As-far-as-u-refuse-to-stop-illegal&unnoticed-deduction-of-our-airtime.we-won't-stop-lookin!cheats.

Whereby-u-will-suffer-the-same-fate-as-Us
Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by Chinashopping84: 7:12am On Apr 18, 2019
stupid ncc it's more than that
Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by seunfly: 7:21am On Apr 18, 2019
trapQ:
Airtel kept doing this to me back then despite several complaints so I borrowed 1500 each on two of my Airtel Sims and N500 on another. I threw the cards away after exhausting the credit.

Payback was so sweet.
Lol!!! My anger is that I cant do that for my MTN sim, it is my main line now and my phone is my office, everything I lived on is through my phone. Imagine the phone number I have been using as a Corp member, that was 10years ago. How can I throw that away.

I wish I can get any cheat to regain what I v lost to those criminals.
Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by masqot(m): 7:33am On Apr 18, 2019
Fine the culprits and ensure refund of all affected customers
Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by feldido(m): 7:40am On Apr 18, 2019
Maybe port to another provider
Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by blujoi(m): 7:41am On Apr 18, 2019
If you complain too much ‘they’ will ask u if u pay your tax!!

1 Like

Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by Kayboy123(m): 7:50am On Apr 18, 2019
Etisalat almost ruined me and four of my family members on this systematic thieving. Las las we got alternative line.
Re: NCC Uncovers Eight Million Forceful Subscriptions To Telecoms Services by urbobo20(m): 7:52am On Apr 18, 2019
U can use ur MTn line to borrow money then port to other network that how I escape the madness in go

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN Is Charging For Midnight Calls (Xtracool) / UPDATED LIST Of Tecno Phones That Will Have BBM [screenshots] / Tecno R5 – Full Device Specifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.