Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,502 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? (37029 Views)

Liverpool vs Barcelona: UCL Semi-Finals (4 - 0) On 7th May 2019 / Roma Vs Barcelona UCL (3 - 0) On 10th April 2018 / Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Beedude(m): 5:17pm On Apr 18, 2019
citizen202:
32 year old Suarez ....no need to boost I hope to have a fully rested squad and fit liverpool players and we will see...
I don't know it is by age now. As in Suarez can't even score an open net goal again cos he is 32.
U can't have a fully rested squad before then and I don't want u to use it as an excuse for ur defeat. Ur lack of experience made u lose a 9 point advantage over city in Epl. By now u should be resting ur squad to face Barça but hell no. U will keep running after the league and UCL and end up losing both. Gracias

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by OyinO: 5:20pm On Apr 18, 2019
Babanlagenius:

Chai, see falling hand shocked

Busted. These are the guys who will copy someone's work from a to z and claim authorship. Nonsense! Falling hand ko, falling leg ni.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by JUHABACH: 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2019
FemiMaduka:

You are wrong sir!

1) Alisson Becker is actually better than Marc-Andre Ter Stegen.
2) Currently, Virgil Van Dijk is better than Pique.
3) Mane is a better attacker than Coutinho.
4) Suarez, in his prime, is the deadliest #9 in Europe. Age is catching up though.
5) Milner is a workhorse, Vidal is his equivalent (but Barca may not play him).

Now, Barca thrives on operating in close spaces and playing intelligently. On the other hand is Liverpool, which excels at gegenpressing and a high tempo, high mobility kind of game - Liverpool players could run an opponent aground.

VVD has brought a level of stability and maturity to the defence of Liverpool; it would hold its own. Messi has been observed to be susceptible to unrelenting marking and harassment by an opponent (France did it with Matuildi and Ngolo).

On the whole, Barca's hands will be full - very full. It's dicey.
currently Marc Andre Ters Stegen is better than Becker (though the gap is close).
I don't think Virgil is better than Pique. I watch La liga often and pique does a lot of mad stuffs regularly.
mane is faster than coutinho but in every other area of play, coutinho is better.
as for Vidal, if I were Valverde I would play Vidal and have him man mark Henderson or Miner coz from what I've seen, those two usually link up with the front 3.
yes Liverpool plays with a high tempo but so did Man Utd and they still lost. a lot of teams a la liga plays with high tempo and still lose. not to mention Liverpool will have almost no chance to rest since they are actively fighting for the EPL and can't rest players. I doubt they can maintain that high tempo for more than 30 minutes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2019
It's not about who has the strongest squad. It's about the player that is capable of destroying and dismantling every kind of defense in the world. Wether Liverpool likes it or not even if they have the best defenders in the world, Lionel Messi is the only player that will dismantle their defense because he has done it to every team that has played against Barcelona

9 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by toffyz(m): 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2019
Wayne4uall:

(1)Alisson Becker not as good as Marc-Andre ter Stegen
(2) Andy Robertson not as good as Jordi Alba
(3) Sergio Busquets more better than Fabinho
(4) Gini Wijnaldum not as good as Arthur
(5) Sadio Mane not as good as Philippe Coutinho

Bro, you're wrong on 2, 4 and 5....You might be right on 1 and 3 though, in fact, 3 is questionable because Fabinho hasn't been in as many matches as busquet this season, not because he's not good, but adjusting to the team pattern.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by OyinO: 5:22pm On Apr 18, 2019
Wayne4uall:

Do u have a problem with that? May b it made u to go hungry this afternoon or it reduced your monthly income.. Get a life bro... One love

You should learn to include the link next time. That's stealing intellectual property.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 5:22pm On Apr 18, 2019
FemiMaduka:

You are wrong sir!

4) Suarez, in his prime, is the deadliest #9 in Europe. Age is catching up though.

Now, Barca thrives on operating in close spaces and playing intelligently. On the other hand is Liverpool, which excels at gegenpressing and a high tempo, high mobility kind of game - Liverpool players could run an opponent aground.

VVD has brought a level of stability and maturity to the defence of Liverpool; it would hold its own. Messi has been observed to be susceptible to unrelenting marking and harassment by an opponent (France did it with Matuildi and Ngolo).

Ter Stergen is better than Becker. You haven't watched Arthur in Barcelona, that guy is press resistant, Van Dijk edges pique I agree. Suarez is better than Salah and Mane. Forget this gen gen pressing, Barcelona is not an epl team. Barca without Messi beat Madrid 5-1. Our second team held Tottenham first team to a draw. Barcelona has class something Liverpool has lacked in the last decade

12 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Wayne4uall(m): 5:28pm On Apr 18, 2019
OyinO:

You should learn to include the link next time. That's stealing intellectual property.

I dont want the spam bot to delete my post or ban me for months
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by FemiMaduka(m): 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2019
Beedude:

We are talking about Barça u are bringing in Argentina.
Ngolo kante no play when Barça trash Chelsea last season abi? Ur ghenghen pressing go soon turn to ghenghen trashing. U think u have midfielders, don't worry. All ur analysis will go down the drain with just few attacks from Short Dwarf

I am a fanatic Chelsea supporter. I just said my mind - no mala fide.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2019
All dis arrogant LOSERPOOL fans no go allow me hear word. Na so Manuel Neur talk 4 2015 "tomorrow,, I will show Messi who's the Boss" .... We know how it all happened!

Now dem dey run dia mouth cox of van Dirgk... Messi don disgrace Roberto Carlos,, Ramos,, Chielini... David Luis,, Diego Godin,, Rio Ferdinand,, Nemanja Vidic,,Boating of Bayern. Thiago Silva,, among others.

Las Las You Will Never Win Anything!

12 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Wayne4uall(m): 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2019
toffyz:

Bro, you're wrong on 2, 4 and 5....You might be right on 1 and 3 though, in fact, 3 is questionable because Fabinho hasn't been in as many matches as busquet this season, not because he's not good, but adjusting to the team pattern.

Wat makes u think so... You don't watch LA Liga..
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by EmekaBlue(m): 5:33pm On Apr 18, 2019
i thought liverfools are out of d champions league

no need to compare them coz they aint meeting

4 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Wayne4uall(m): 5:33pm On Apr 18, 2019
ClintonNzedimma:

Ter Stergen is better than Becker. You haven't watched Arthur in Barcelona, that guy is press resistant, Van Dijk edges pique I agree. Suarez is better than Salah and Mane. Forget this gen gen pressing, Barcelona is not an epl team. Barca without Messi beat Madrid 5-1. Our second team held Tottenham first team to a draw. Barcelona has class something Liverpool has lacked in the last decade

I watch Liverpool matches every weekend... I can tell u dat Pique is more beta than van Dijk in times of experience

5 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by chukwunedum150(m): 5:35pm On Apr 18, 2019
liverpool ave beaten psg, bayern munich, porto, the champions of france, germany, and portugal respectively in this competition. Guess what they will beat barcelona the champion of spain
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by okpanachipeter: 5:35pm On Apr 18, 2019
I am not a Liverpool fan, but this Liverpool side is not afraid of any crowd. I predict at least a draw for Liverpool on the road and a conformable victory at Anfield, and Barcelona will kiss a goodbye to champions league this season.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 5:35pm On Apr 18, 2019
Wayne4uall:

I watch Liverpool matches every weekend... I can tell u dat Pique is more beta than van Dijk in times of experience
I know, we are talking of a world cup and 3 time UCL winner.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by kokoboy4life(m): 5:36pm On Apr 18, 2019
anonymous1759:

Any team can lost like that Barca or Liverpool are not exception. But I'm confident barca will prevail

Okooo i hear you, we shall see how the whole thing unfold
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 18, 2019
On a good day Liverpool would escape with beating wounds after first leg

But let their fans live in el Dorado for now

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by flowx(m): 5:38pm On Apr 18, 2019
Me I no know for una.... Watin me know be say, anybody wie win that match na the person go carry the trophy...

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Wordson(m): 5:40pm On Apr 18, 2019
D match is one d 1st of May, and of course, its Barca vs Liverpool @Camp nou.. Juxtaposing both teams in d following
(1) number of goals scored so far... Its Barca
(2) highest goal scorer.. Messi (barca)
(3) number of losses in all categories of games.. It's equal because both teams Av lost 4 games in a roll
(4) team with greater pedigree according to history...its Liverpool
(5) team dat plays well away...liverpool
however, its an open game.. Liverpool can win and Barca can.. But I guess history might repeat itself...YNWA#
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Wayne4uall(m): 5:40pm On Apr 18, 2019
ClintonNzedimma:
I know, we are talking of a world cup and 3 time UCL winner.
No.. He has faced more deadly opponents than van Dijk
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 18, 2019
WarriAproko:
Liverpool first play at home. Barca will do the dirty work at Liverpool home. To get the away goal by all means of wish Liverpool will try to avoid and concede more. I don't see them going through

First leg @Nou Camp
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by bujebudanu1(m): 5:44pm On Apr 18, 2019
Beedude:

A team that has lost to PSG, Napoli and Red star Belgrade in this same tournament and season has a stronger squad than Barca. U go think say na Arsenal Manchester United u wan follow play
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 18, 2019
FemiMaduka:

You are wrong sir!

Lolzzzzzz.

gringringrin

The reality is near... The same Virgil that Gnabry peppered during German-Holland... OMG shocked

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by FemiMaduka(m): 5:48pm On Apr 18, 2019
ClintonNzedimma:

Sir, I do not agree that Ter Stergen is better than Alisson Becker. For example, Barca has shipped in 31 goals in La Liga; Liverpool has conceded only 20 in the EPL.

Alisson Becker has 18 clean sheets. Compared to Oblak's 18 and Ter Stergen's 14. For perspective, Kepa Arizzabalaga has 13. I will readily compare Becker with La Liga's best keeper, Jan Oblak.

For Coutinho and Mane; Mane is a better attacker, while Coutinho is a better midfielder. Coutinho has five (5) league goals, whereas, Mane has eighteen (18). C'mon!

Barcelona players are better passers, while Liverpool players have got better pace and stamina.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by EmzyT: 5:48pm On Apr 18, 2019
Barcelona, Your greatest Nightmare is Here (Liverpool) we will Turn your GOAT to Peppersoup cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by gibzzhd: 5:48pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ologogoro:

Sadio Mane is way above Coutinho, Robertson base on current form is far far ahead of Alba, Why did you even compare just 5positions when you can compare the 1st 11
Too much of Epl.Try and Watch La liga more.That Robertson is still below Alba when messi plays him as an outlet.Pique is Calm,Cool and Calculated.He would teach Vvd how to improve his defending.Messi can Score Assit and Create.That's where The game would be won.You wanna press Barca? I sorry for you.

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by viktor88: 5:48pm On Apr 18, 2019
citizen202:
32 year old Suarez ....no need to boost I hope to have a fully rested squad and fit liverpool players and we will see...
How can you have a fully rested squad when you need to win all your EPL matches??

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by FemiMaduka(m): 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2019
ClintonNzedimma:

Sir, I do not agree that Ter Stergen is better than Alisson Becker. For example, Barca has shipped in 31 goals in La Liga; Liverpool has conceded only 20 in the EPL.

Alisson Becker has 18 clean sheets. Compared to Oblak's 18 and Ter Stergen's 14. For perspective, Kepa Arizzabalaga has 13. I will readily compare Becker with La Liga's best keeper, Jan Oblak.

For Coutinho and Mane; Mane is a better attacker, while Coutinho is a better midfielder. Coutinho has just five (5) league goals, whereas, Mane has eighteen (18)! C'mon!

Barcelona players are better passers, while Liverpool players are faster and have got a better stamina.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 18, 2019
Like play like play someone is rating Virgil over Pique... Is it bcoz dude is underrated cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by PopeFlatino(m): 5:56pm On Apr 18, 2019
Guy ur really a soccer analyst,,I just fell in love with all u said here,not u ooo grin

The only Madrid fan dat have sense
charlesm91:
nah... Even as a madrid fan, i'll admit barca are more of a team than any other club. Yes they find Messi but any other one who is in a better position to do something is given the ball to exhibit and that's why they're so clinical in front of goals. Suarez may be shit but he sure knows how to bring the team together in eighteen yard box.
As for Liverpool, they're good too quite alright but the same spirit that works in other teams that plays barca might strike again, and that's the spirit to go for it alone due to blood rush that occurs when goal chances presents itself. Salah, Mane have occasionally shown to be individualists. But in the spirit of fairplay, it's an open game for neutrals.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Wordson(m): 5:57pm On Apr 18, 2019
viktor88:

I can you have a fully rested squad when you need to win all your EPL matches??
seriously dis resting thing is stuff and none-sense.. It determines nothing. Liverpool's last match is on 26th before d match and dey still Av 5 whole days to rest.. On d other hand, Barca has a match on d 27th, so who is resting what? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Iker Casillas Is Gay / PSG Vs Bayern Munich :UCL (0 - 1) On 13th April 2021 / Chelsea Vs Crystal Palace (1 - 0) On 3rd May 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.