Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,549 members, 7,823,413 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? (37027 Views)

Liverpool vs Barcelona: UCL Semi-Finals (4 - 0) On 7th May 2019 / Roma Vs Barcelona UCL (3 - 0) On 10th April 2018 / Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Holymann(m): 5:58pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ologogoro:

Sadio Mane is way above Coutinho, Robertson base on current form is far far ahead of Alba, Why did you even compare just 5positions when you can compare the 1st 11
Aside the front three, no other Liverpool player will enter Barca's first eleven

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by PopeFlatino(m): 6:01pm On Apr 18, 2019
grin
Beedude:
So many factors people won't take note about the match.
1.Man city is out of UCL and only winning the league can make them happy. So the are going after the league.
2. Liverpool can't afford to rest players for UCL cos they still belive they can win Epl.
3. Barca already leading in La Liga with 9 points
4. Barca can start rotating players to make dem fresh before the tie
5. A fatigue Liverpool won't survive camp nou with a fresh Barca squad

Verdict : Tie may be over in first leg and Liverpool lose both Epl and UCL.
YNWA - You'll Never Win Anything
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Ologogoro: 6:01pm On Apr 18, 2019
Holymann:

Aside the front three, no other Liverpool player will enter Barca's first eleven

Name any player from the barca back four that would make Liverpool 11.
I am waiting
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by viktor88: 6:03pm On Apr 18, 2019
Barca can plan total team B, did you see their last LA liga Match before Tuesday champions league??
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by viktor88: 6:04pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ologogoro:

Name any player from the barca back four that would make Liverpool 11.
I am waiting
Matip can not make barca bench

4 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Holymann(m): 6:10pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ologogoro:

Name any player from the barca back four that would make Liverpool 11. I am waiting
Pique and Alba would walk into any team

6 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Shugargal(f): 6:11pm On Apr 18, 2019
As a Cule, omo I de fear Liverpool attack, those 3wise men de in form, Salah's goal against Chelsea comes to mind. but nevertheless I believe and trust on the GOAT. I wish all of them injury free, thank God no Ramos in our team.

5 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Wordson(m): 6:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
My prediction, Liverpool can pull at least a draw at camp nou, and Win at Anfield. because dey Av not BN beaten at Anfield dis season..and dey are equally good in away matches.. cool.. Its a prediction, pls don't quote me
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 6:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
Wordson:
D match is one d 1st of May, and of course, its Barca vs Liverpool @Camp nou.. Juxtaposing both teams in d following
(1) number of goals scored so far... Its Barca
(2) highest goal scorer.. Messi (barca)
(3) number of losses in all categories of games.. It's equal because both teams Av lost 4 games in a roll
(4) team with greater pedigree according to history...its Liverpool
(5) team dat plays well away...liverpool
however, its an open game.. Liverpool can win and Barca can.. But I guess history might repeat itself...YNWA#
are you seriously comparing the pedigree of Barcelona to Liverpool? There is only one club with a slightly greater pedigree than Barcelona and that is Madrid

7 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by thesmallgod(m): 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2019
Wayne4uall:

Do u have a problem with that? May b it made u to go hungry this afternoon or it reduced your monthly income.. Get a life bro... One love
If the mods here know implications of allowing plagiarised content to completely dominate a forum, they would removed your articles from this forum
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2019
ObaKlaz:
Take away Liverpool's front three, then watch even Dembele tear the rest apart.

You no know ball. How will you take away? Take them to where?
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Wordson(m): 6:19pm On Apr 18, 2019
ClintonNzedimma:

are you seriously comparing the pedigree if Barcelona to Liverpool? There is only one club with a slightly greater pedigree than Barcelona and that is Madrid
I am talking abt background head to head history btw dese 2 teams... Liverpool has beaten barca more times Dan barca has..
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Icon79(m): 6:20pm On Apr 18, 2019
I totally agree. Player to player, Liverpool is definitely stronger than Barca. However, Barca's strength is not in the individual players but teamwork plus king Leo Messi. Messi can create something out of nothing …. he can singlehandedly win a match.

Having said that, my money is still on Barca to advance. If we learned anything from ManCity v Spurs and Juve v Ajax, it's that individual talents alone does not win football matches.

O pari

Nbote:
U didn't include d link U copied from.. Anyways Liverpool have a stronger defence than Barca.. And even in attack, d combination of Salah , Mane and Firmino is so deadly. Barca's creativity and offensive strength is all about one man.. Leo Messi
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by RTSC: 6:21pm On Apr 18, 2019
But Barça fans no dey Shame?
The only thing they know is Messi.

The guy is singlehandedly pushing the club beyond the realm of the ordinary. They are ordinary without him.

He is the only reason why they have a hope against Liverpool or are favourite even.

Once he retires, the Barcelona arrogance would be well rid off.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 6:23pm On Apr 18, 2019
Wordson:
I am talking abt background head to head history btw dese 2 teams... Liverpool has beaten barca more times Dan barca has..
I understand you now. But that's irrelevant now, Messi is here
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 6:25pm On Apr 18, 2019
RTSC:
But Barça fans no dey Shame?
The only thing they know is Messi.

The guy is singlehandedly pushing the club beyond the realm of the ordinary. They are ordinary without him.

He is the only reason why they have a hope against Liverpool or are favourite even.

Once he retires, the Barcelona arrogance would be well rid off.
Na so them talk that year when Ronaldinho wan comot. Very soon them go say when we change our jersey color, we go fall. Barcelona is the most successful club of the 21st century. Go and sit down

4 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by RTSC: 6:26pm On Apr 18, 2019
Icon79:
I totally agree. Player to player, Liverpool is definitely stronger than Barca. However, Barca's strength is not in the individual players but teamwork plus king Leo Messi. Messi can create something out of nothing …. he can singlehandedly win a match.

Having said that, my money is still on Barca to advance. If we learned anything from ManCity v Spurs and Juve v Ajax, it's that individual talents alone does not win football matches.

O pari

Liverpool need to score as much away goals as possible at Nou camp because Messi will win the game for Barcelona at home.

Then Liverpool can come back home to anfield and put Barcelona to the sword.

If Liverpool don't score enough away goals, then Messi will break their heart at anfield.

He is the talisman. Unstoppable.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 6:26pm On Apr 18, 2019
Icon79:

O pari

If there is any team here on earth that understands team work is Barcelona. You think say tiki taka easy? I don't fear Liverpool.

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 18, 2019
mvem:
..you mean dembele is better than salah and mane...are you serious?...Suarez is much older but still good and his way of play is different, almost similar to firmino because of there work rate ...and barca has been beaten more than twice this season and it wasnt luck

Barça has been beaten only twice this season.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Wordson(m): 6:29pm On Apr 18, 2019
ClintonNzedimma:

I understand you now. But that's irrelevant now, Messi is here
wasn't messi dere when u guys were beaten in 2007 in camp nou by Liverpool? sad
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 6:30pm On Apr 18, 2019
Wordson:
wasn't messi dere when u guys were beaten in 2007 in camp nou by Liverpool? sad
That was when he was a kid. They are facing a man now

5 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Wayne4uall(m): 6:30pm On Apr 18, 2019
thesmallgod:

If the mods here know implications of allowing plagiarised content to completely dominate a forum, they would removed your articles from this forum

I gat beta tinz to do bruh
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by RTSC: 6:30pm On Apr 18, 2019
ClintonNzedimma:

Na so them talk that year when Ronaldinho wan comot. Very soon them go say when we change our jersey color, we go fall. Barcelona is the most successful club of the 21st century. Go and sit down
You have a point though.
Somehow Barcelona just manage to unearth a phenomenal talent to push them beyond the realm of the ordinary.

As everything in life, that luck will come to an end.

I don't see how dembele can be that good.
If Barça had Neymar I would said maybe, but thank God they don't.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Okworigeorge(m): 6:32pm On Apr 18, 2019
RTSC:

Liverpool need to score as much away goals as possible at Nou camp because Messi will win the game for Barcelona at home.

Then Liverpool can come back home to anfield and put Barcelona to the sword.

If Liverpool don't score enough away goals, then Messi will break their heart at anfield.

He is the talisman. Unstoppable.
barca just needs a draw an anfield cos liverpool will lose at Nou camp...Barca is unbeaten in 43 UCL home matches

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Eberex(m): 6:32pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ologogoro:
Stronger Squad? I think both seems equal but as a Liverpool fan I just want us to lift that trophy.

Modified:
To those underrating Liverpool cos of Messi, I want you to know that Liverpool play more as a team not as individual, and even if we talk about individual talent take out Messi and Liverpool is better individually

You are forgetting something.

Champion league experience
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Boschh(m): 6:32pm On Apr 18, 2019
Liverpool is a great team, lots of ambition and good team play.

However, the forces of Shadow man(Sergio Busquets), Arthur Melo, Ivan Rakitic and Leo Messi can make a great team chase shadows for majority of 90mins.

If only Liverpool can show consistency infront of goal as well as a formidable backline, then they might qualify..
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by DonMekino(m): 6:32pm On Apr 18, 2019
I see Liverpool reaching the final....they have plugged all the holes in their team last season....just that any lapse in concentration, barca will rip u apart
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by RTSC: 6:33pm On Apr 18, 2019
ClintonNzedimma:

If there is any team here on earth that understands team work is Barcelona. You think say tiki taka easy? I don't fear Liverpool.
You should fear them.

Don't forget Messi is only human.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 6:34pm On Apr 18, 2019
RTSC:

You have a point though.
Somehow Barcelona just manage to unearth a phenomenal talent to push them beyond the realm of the ordinary.

As everything in life, that luck will come to an end.

I don't see how dembele can be that good.
If Barça had Neymar I would said maybe, but thank God they don't.
Neymar kini?
we have dembele and have signed Frenkie De jong.
The lineage is strong
Rivaldo to Figo to Ronaldinho to Messi, I tip dembele. Neymar don old
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Wordson(m): 6:34pm On Apr 18, 2019
ClintonNzedimma:

That was when he was a kid. They are facing a man now
Abeggi! No point! It will shock u when Liverpool will surprise u again in camp nou cheesy
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 6:37pm On Apr 18, 2019
Wordson:
Abeggi! No point! It will shock u when Liverpool will surprise u again in camp nou cheesy
Lol... Lets assume Liverpool is stronger, common sense will tell them to fear our experience
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by RTSC: 6:38pm On Apr 18, 2019
Okworigeorge:
barca just needs a draw an anfield cos liverpool will lose at Nou camp...Barca is unbeaten in 43 UCL home matches
You would need to be very perfect to get a draw at anfield because Liverpool will rush your team like a dog on heat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Iker Casillas Is Gay / PSG Vs Bayern Munich :UCL (0 - 1) On 13th April 2021 / Chelsea Vs Crystal Palace (1 - 0) On 3rd May 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.